Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,162 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 563,670
Pageviews Today: 999,952Threads Today: 488Posts Today: 7,698
11:16 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

WORLD at WAR, Official 2012 Thread (TO BE CONTINUED) Israel, Iran, Syria, Hezbollah, PA, Egypt, Libya, Pakistan, North Korea, Russia, China, U.S.

Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 6823450
United States
09/02/2012 10:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: WORLD at WAR, Official 2012 Thread (TO BE CONTINUED) Israel, Iran, Syria, Hezbollah, PA, Egypt, Libya, Pakistan, North Korea, Russia, China, U.S.
The Angry Arab is reporting that unrest has returned to Jordan. There were large protests in Amman today over rising energy prices. The rumor is that the Moslem Brotherhood is behind the trouble.

[link to angryarab.blogspot.com]

2nd source: [link to en.trend.az]

3rd source: [link to shar.es]

More details about underlying problems: Demonstrations in Amman, ostensibly over gas prices, highlight a deeper malaise [link to toi.sr]
 Quoting: DarbyDoom

Jordan is so not stable. It really would not take much for her to topple. The Sauds do not want to let it happen. I could see Iran sponsoring upheaval. It would not surprise me a bit. Petraus to Israel is interesting. All will be classified. Let's see what Bibi says on Tuesday as things have not looked good for the home team for a while. Still too much talk.
godzilla85

User ID: 11287347
United States
09/02/2012 10:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: WORLD at WAR, Official 2012 Thread (TO BE CONTINUED) Israel, Iran, Syria, Hezbollah, PA, Egypt, Libya, Pakistan, North Korea, Russia, China, U.S.
The Angry Arab is reporting that unrest has returned to Jordan. There were large protests in Amman today over rising energy prices. The rumor is that the Moslem Brotherhood is behind the trouble.

More details about underlying problems: Demonstrations in Amman, ostensibly over gas prices, highlight a deeper malaise [link to toi.sr]

Jordan is so not stable. It really would not take much for her to topple. The Sauds do not want to let it happen. I could see Iran sponsoring upheaval. It would not surprise me a bit. Petraus to Israel is interesting. All will be classified. Let's see what Bibi says on Tuesday as things have not looked good for the home team for a while. Still too much talk.
 Quoting: MIL MAN

any idea what the skinny is on what Petreaus will say or is he just passing on a message of warning to the Israeli govt to futher the "you're on your own if you attack.." message from. My guess is they have an inkling Israel may do something in short order and their sending someone to stall em, but that's just me I'm usually wrong anyway
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/02/2012 11:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

any idea what the skinny is on what Petreaus will say or is he just passing on a message of warning to the Israeli govt to futher the "you're on your own if you attack.." message from. My guess is they have an inkling Israel may do something in short order and their sending someone to stall em, but that's just me I'm usually wrong anyway
 Quoting: godzilla85

Of course Petraus is the only one whom has not burned a bridge with Israel yet who may bring in some respect. However, the message will not be good for Israel and instead will ask Israel to account for different locations of forces. The frank discussions will be that of Obahmah quietly trying to call attention to Israeli actions before they are leaked.
Not much good will come, the positions are firm and unmallable. Our countdown of another day gone before elections must be noted and Iran is still working on its program.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1108496
Germany
09/03/2012 06:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
Turkish officials say Kurdish PKK rebels have attacked a Turkish base near the border with Syria, leaving 30 people dead. Turkey blames an upsurge in rebel incursions on the power struggle raging in neighboring Syria.

[link to www.dw.de]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/03/2012 07:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.haaretz.com]

Obama mulls declaring the 'red lines' that would trigger U.S. attack on Iran
The U.S. is considering a range of steps to prevent Israeli attack on Iran's nuclear program, ranging from covert action to public statements.

The issue is not just declaring those red lines but acting when crossed. There is no chance that Obahmah would act as he does not in his heart see any red lines. They would be merely for show.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/03/2012 07:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
U.S. Tells Iran: We Won't Join Israeli Attack
[link to www.israelnationalnews.com]
Senior officials in the Obama Administration sent a message to Tehran in the past few days, according to which the U.S. does not intend to join Israel's side if it decides to attack the Iranian nuclear installations on its own, reports Israel's second-largest paper, Yediot Aharonot.

According to the report, the U.S. sent the message to Iran in order to avoid an Iranian response military response that would target U.S. installations in the Gulf region.

The message was reportedly conveyed to Iran through two European countries that serve as a conduit of communication between Iran and the U.S. in times of crisis.

Nationalist newspaper Makor Rishon has accused Yediot Aharonot of working with the Obama Administration against the Netanyahu government's planned strike on Iran. 

According to the New York Times, senior U.S. officials have argued that Israel is "trying to corner" Obama into a military commitment that he does not yet need to make. 
AkivaJeff

User ID: 19183578
United States
09/03/2012 08:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
U.S. Tells Iran: We Won't Join Israeli Attack
[link to www.israelnationalnews.com]
Senior officials in the Obama Administration sent a message to Tehran in the past few days, according to which the U.S. does not intend to join Israel's side if it decides to attack the Iranian nuclear installations on its own, reports Israel's second-largest paper, Yediot Aharonot.

According to the report, the U.S. sent the message to Iran in order to avoid an Iranian response military response that would target U.S. installations in the Gulf region.

The message was reportedly conveyed to Iran through two European countries that serve as a conduit of communication between Iran and the U.S. in times of crisis.

Nationalist newspaper Makor Rishon has accused Yediot Aharonot of working with the Obama Administration against the Netanyahu government's planned strike on Iran. 

According to the New York Times, senior U.S. officials have argued that Israel is "trying to corner" Obama into a military commitment that he does not yet need to make. 

What they are not saying is "but" we will not allow hormuz to be closed.
Life is short...
But it's WIDE.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 881258
United States
09/03/2012 08:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
President Obama's lack of support for Israel is disgusting! I feel like Israel will act and soon. I feel this way.. because Israel has been thrown under the bus on Iran and the Syrian chemical weapons by the U.S. Netanyahu and our allies keep hearing not until after the elections...and you know what? Netanyahu just might make sure he does it before the election. The only problem for non Obama fans would be it could rally the country around him if he backs them up. If he does what it appears he will do...which is not back Israel and maybe cut military support and funding then...Romney wins in a Reagan like landslide. Israel doesn't want war more than anyone else...they are good people. They do understand threats and when push comes to shove they will not be dictated to by the U.S. When Israel feels they need to act they will...with or without U.S. support. Natanyahu is a leader who knows America and Israeli politics better than some politicians in America. He knows what to do and how to do it. If U.S. officials keep pushing him...then he will act and do so to stop Iran..and prove to the U.S. that they decide their future not U.S. policy. I think the more we push Netanyahu..the more he gets close to saying the hell with it and launching a massive strike on Iran and then the middle east will be in war. You then have a situation where President Obama has said he will not back them up. So...if that plays out then the economy gets far worse,gas prices sky rocket,we look weak for not supporting Israel and finally Romney celebrates big in November. Let's face it...Netanyahu wants to work with Romney in 2013 not Obama. This is becoming very interesting as we are now in September.

MM...didn't Krauthammer say he thought that Israel would strike during the conventions here in the U.S.? If so they have about a 4 day window to do so.
AkivaJeff

United States
09/03/2012 08:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
President Obama's lack of support for Israel is disgusting! I feel like Israel will act and soon. I feel this way.. because Israel has been thrown under the bus on Iran and the Syrian chemical weapons by the U.S. Netanyahu and our allies keep hearing not until after the elections...and you know what? Netanyahu just might make sure he does it before the election. The only problem for non Obama fans would be it could rally the country around him if he backs them up. If he does what it appears he will do...which is not back Israel and maybe cut military support and funding then...Romney wins in a Reagan like landslide. Israel doesn't want war more than anyone else...they are good people. They do understand threats and when push comes to shove they will not be dictated to by the U.S. When Israel feels they need to act they will...with or without U.S. support. Natanyahu is a leader who knows America and Israeli politics better than some politicians in America. He knows what to do and how to do it. If U.S. officials keep pushing him...then he will act and do so to stop Iran..and prove to the U.S. that they decide their future not U.S. policy. I think the more we push Netanyahu..the more he gets close to saying the hell with it and launching a massive strike on Iran and then the middle east will be in war. You then have a situation where President Obama has said he will not back them up. So...if that plays out then the economy gets far worse,gas prices sky rocket,we look weak for not supporting Israel and finally Romney celebrates big in November. Let's face it...Netanyahu wants to work with Romney in 2013 not Obama. This is becoming very interesting as we are now in September.

MM...didn't Krauthammer say he thought that Israel would strike during the conventions here in the U.S.? If so they have about a 4 day window to do so.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 881258

Obama considers himself the leader/ruler of the world. He will protect the world's oil while not helping Israel, on one hand, while making it look like he's defending Israel on the other. He always acts in ways where he can claim to be on either side of the issue.
But I think you are right (VERY SOON)
Life is short...
But it's WIDE.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/03/2012 10:06 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yes but (Charles) is a political analyst not so much militarily, the window does not look ripe for another week. I am getting bad feedback that Israel is in checkmate and cannot strike, I hope they are wrong.
AkivaJeff

United States
09/03/2012 10:13 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yes but (Charles) is a political analyst not so much militarily, the window does not look ripe for another week. I am getting bad feedback that Israel is in checkmate and cannot strike, I hope they are wrong.

Checkmate in the sense that they would have to take on Hez, Hamas, Iran, et al, all by themselves?
Life is short...
But it's WIDE.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/03/2012 10:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
Israel is very vulnerable right now to sabotage efforts to prevent an attack on Iran. Iran knows that she has kept America off her back. Now, the only real fear is Israel and a successful attack. Though Iran may be able to get through it, she would rather keep all things in place verses have to rebuild over many months and much costs.

Thus an very big alert must be sent out for the following. Israel faces the severe threat of sabotage and perhaps secret attacks on its offensive weaponry. Iran has many small subs. If Iran could catch an Israeli sub and attack it, that could very well shutter any plan by Israel for attack on Iran. Further, any possible stray terror attack on missile bases, airforce bases, leadership, etc could further hamper or debilitate Israel and her attempts to launch an attack on Iran as such an attack needs all the players, needs a good plan, and flawless execution. One wrench in the sprocket and Israel can be forced to give up ideas of an attack.
godzilla85

United States
09/03/2012 10:14 AM
Report Abusive Post

Checkmate in the sense that they would have to take on Hez, Hamas, Iran, et al, all by themselves?
 Quoting: AkivaJeff

probably, in which case extreme measures would be considered I would think, maybe use of tactical nukes in Iran strike more likely now?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/03/2012 10:15 AM
Report Abusive Post

Or give up all idea to do so knowing Israel needs US support.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/03/2012 10:16 AM
Report Abusive Post

probably, in which case extreme measures would be considered I would think, maybe use of tactical nukes in Iran strike more likely now?

Now that is some good thinking!

abomb
godzilla85

United States
09/03/2012 10:18 AM
Report Abusive Post

Now that is some good thinking!

abomb

again I stress it would be extreme but I'm sure that O's stance has pushed that up the list of options now, good job president jackass you just make the chances of nuclear exchange go up by sitting with your thumb up your ass as usual.
tmorais

User ID: 22991634
Brazil
09/03/2012 10:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
Opinion: The Egypt-Israel peace treaty is dead

The Egypt: Israel peace deal is a model from the 1970s that has never been updated and which has become just a piece of paper which can’t promote or protect peace between our countries any more. The 1979 fixed contract no longer works for either side and thus we have a choice: either update the peace treaty, or watch the peace agreement fail.

President Anwar Sadat wanted a real peace, but since his assassination in 1981, the Egyptian authorities have related to the 1979 treaty as a ceasefire deal and not as a true peace treaty. They are still dreaming of revenge for their successive losses in previous wars against Israel.

[link to www.haaretz.com]
tmorais

Brazil
09/03/2012 10:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Iran completes 30 percent of missile defence system

Iran has built about 30 percent of a missile defence system it is developing in place of the Russian S-300 system Moscow refused to sell it, and hopes to complete the system by next year, a senior military official said on Monday.

[link to www.timeslive.co.za]
AkivaJeff

United States
09/03/2012 10:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Again I state that Egypt is out of the equation. O-Jackass will take a defensive posture while not backing Israel's offensive measure. The US will play umpire and force Israel to decide to go it alone.
Life is short...
But it's WIDE.
Steve5728

User ID: 21752721
United States
09/03/2012 11:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
TO ALL: (NOT A PREDICTION, A PROMISE!)

LOOK FOR AN INCREDIBLE MIRACLE (EVENT) TO TAKE PLACE VERY, VERY SOON!

"ISRAEL" WILL BE VINDICATED!

BARRY AND HIS ADMINISTRATION WILL THEN BE JUDGED BY THE ALMIGHTY!

(MOST, IF NOT ALL IS NOT WHAT IT SEEMS!)

STAY ALERT AND PAY ATTENTION TO THE MEDIA!!!

CONSIDER THIS A HEAD'S UP!!!

THAT'S ALL I CAN AND WILL SAY!!!

bump bump bump
godzilla85

United States
09/03/2012 11:59 AM
Report Abusive Post

bump bump bump
 Quoting: Steve5728

steve if you got something good and can't share it here you know how to reach me via the "other" channel if it's something you can relay that way.
Gerry52

User ID: 5789790
United States
09/03/2012 12:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

bump bump bump

Ummm...like cats and dogs living together?...Revelations?...Obama has come to his senses?...someone has pics of Obama and a sheep?
I know the voices aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas!
Semper Fi USMC
Very much an Occams Razor kind of guy.
Bridging the gap between "It can't happen to us" and "We're all going to die".
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23111477
Argentina
09/03/2012 12:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

bump bump bump

bushpunchbushpunchbushpunchbushpunchbushpunchbushpunchbushpunchbushpunch
Gabriel

User ID: 20206196
United States
09/03/2012 12:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

bump bump bump

Ummm...like cats and dogs living together?...Revelations?...Obama has come to his senses?...someone has pics of Obama and a sheep?
 Quoting: Gerry52

ohappysheep
tmorais

Brazil
09/03/2012 12:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Does anyone believe that the possible date of attack on Iran is already confirmed between the U.S. and Israel? And all news we are seeing these last days is just a strategy to give Iran a fake felling of tranquility.
RDprofessor

User ID: 19614366
United States
09/03/2012 12:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
120 countries and UN Sec Gen
attend Iran hosting of Non-Aligned
Movement Summit, infuriating Israel
and posting a giant FU Israel.

[link to www.bing.com]
godzilla85

United States
09/03/2012 12:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
Does anyone believe that the possible date of attack on Iran is already confirmed between the U.S. and Israel? And all news we are seeing these last days is just a strategy to give Iran a fake felling of tranquility.
 Quoting: tmorais

maybe, but there is a serious rift between DC and Tel Aviv that is evident.
Thai'd Up
User ID: 22840822
United States
09/03/2012 12:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
really hoped Pennsylvania was gonna sit this one out...
AkivaJeff

United States
09/03/2012 12:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here's what I think about Manchurian Candidate Obama.
[link to www.youtube.com]
Life is short...
But it's WIDE.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11934995
Canada
09/03/2012 12:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: tmorais

maybe, but there is a serious rift between DC and Tel Aviv that is evident.

Jerusalem

GLP