Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,114 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,013,878
Pageviews Today: 1,402,048Threads Today: 385Posts Today: 6,648
11:41 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

U of I denied grad admission to accused Colorado theater gunman. “Do NOT offer admission under any circumstances.” WOW, what did they know?

Philligan
in rainbows

User ID: 2530194
United States
09/01/2012 12:43 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
U of I denied grad admission to accused Colorado theater gunman. “Do NOT offer admission under any circumstances.” WOW, what did they know?
IOWA CITY -- University of Iowa officials Thursday declined to provide details of why they denied graduate program admission last year to a man accused of killing 12 people and wounding 58 others during a July shooting rampage at a Colorado movie theater.

UI neurology and psychology Professor Daniel Tranel wrote in a Jan. 30, 2011 e-mail to a colleague, regarding the application of James Holmes to the neuroscience graduate program, “Do NOT offer admission under any circumstances.”

[link to wcfcourier.com]
Pray for Us Sinners Now and at the Hour of our Death
Philligan  (OP)
in rainbows

User ID: 2530194
United States
09/01/2012 12:49 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: U of I denied grad admission to accused Colorado theater gunman. “Do NOT offer admission under any circumstances.” WOW, what did they know?
He also wrote of his summer job as a camp counselor with underprivileged children, where Holmes said he encountered kids with ADHD and schizophrenia.

“Those kids were heavily medicated but this did not solve their problems, only create new ones,” he wrote. “The medication changed them from highly energetic creative kids to lax beings who slept through the activities. I wanted to help them but couldn’t. This is where neuroscience research becomes invaluable.”
Pray for Us Sinners Now and at the Hour of our Death

GLP