Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,372 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 127,421
Pageviews Today: 221,419Threads Today: 90Posts Today: 1,584
02:15 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Build -A- Teaching: Gospel of Mark Chapter 4 [ Page 2 ] Parable of the Sower {{What Excuses}} ???

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23432480
United States
09/09/2012 02:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Build -A- Teaching: Gospel of Mark Chapter 4 [ Page 2 ] Parable of the Sower {{What Excuses}} ???
[link to www.biblegateway.com]

Mark Chapter 2: What would you teach on???

2 Several days later Jesus came back to Capernaum. The report went out that he was home. 2 Many people had gathered. There was no room left, even in front of the door. Jesus was speaking God’s word to them.

3 Four men came to him carrying a paralyzed man. 4 Since they could not bring him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof over the place where Jesus was. Then they lowered the cot on which the paralyzed man was lying.

5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the man, “Friend, your sins are forgiven.”

6 Some scribes were sitting there. They thought, 7 “Why does he talk this way? He’s dishonoring God. Who besides God can forgive sins?”

8 At once, Jesus knew inwardly what they were thinking. He asked them, “Why do you have these thoughts? 9 Is it easier to say to this paralyzed man, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up, pick up your cot, and walk’? 10 I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” Then he said to the paralyzed man, 11 “I’m telling you to get up, pick up your cot, and go home!”

12 The man got up, immediately picked up his cot, and walked away while everyone watched. Everyone was amazed and praised God, saying, “We have never seen anything like this.”

Jesus Chooses Levi [Matthew] to Be a Disciple13 Jesus went to the seashore again. Large crowds came to him, and he taught them.

14 When Jesus was leaving, he saw Levi, son of Alphaeus, sitting in a tax office. Jesus said to him, “Follow me!” So Levi got up and followed him.

15 Later Jesus was having dinner at Levi’s house. Many tax collectors and sinners who were followers of Jesus were eating with him and his disciples. 16 When the scribes who were Pharisees saw him eating with sinners and tax collectors, they asked his disciples, “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

17 When Jesus heard that, he said to them, “Healthy people don’t need a doctor; those who are sick do. I’ve come to call sinners, not people who think they don’t have any flaws.”

Jesus Is Questioned About Fasting18 John’s disciples and the Pharisees were fasting. Some people came to Jesus and said to him, “Why do John’s disciples and the Pharisees’ disciples fast, but your disciples don’t?”

19 Jesus replied, “Can wedding guests fast while the groom is still with them? As long as they have the groom with them, they cannot fast. 20 But the time will come when the groom will be taken away from them. Then they will fast.

21 “No one patches an old coat with a new piece of cloth that will shrink. Otherwise, the new patch will shrink and rip away some of the old cloth, and the tear will become worse. 22 People don’t pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the wine will make the skins burst, and both the wine and the skins will be ruined. Rather, new wine is to be poured into fresh skins.”

Jesus Has Authority Over the Day of Worship23 Once on a day of worship Jesus was going through the grainfields. As the disciples walked along, they began to pick the heads of grain.

24 The Pharisees asked him, “Look! Why are your disciples doing something that is not permitted on the day of worship?”

25 Jesus asked them, “Haven’t you ever read what David did when he and his men were in need and were hungry? 26 Haven’t you ever read how he went into the house of God when Abiathar was chief priest and ate the bread of the presence? He had no right to eat those loaves. Only the priests have that right. Haven’t you ever read how he also gave some of it to his men?”

27 Then he added, “The day of worship was made for people, not people for the day of worship. 28 For this reason the Son of Man has authority over the day of worship."
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/09/2012 04:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Build -A- Teaching: Gospel of Mark Chapter 4 [ Page 2 ] Parable of the Sower {{What Excuses}} ???
Jesus Forgives Sin verses 1-12

Jesus Chooses Matthew to be a Disciple 13-17

Jesus is Questioned about Fasting 18-11

Jesus Has Authority Over the Day of Worship 23-27

:colorbump:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1106916
United States
09/09/2012 04:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Build -A- Teaching: Gospel of Mark Chapter 4 [ Page 2 ] Parable of the Sower {{What Excuses}} ???
If you are going to build a teaching around Mark chapter 2, I would choose self-righteousness as the topic because there are many instances in just that one short chapter of self-righteousness of the pharisees.

They were all about rules and appearances.......while Jesus was all about mercy and forgiveness.

hf
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/09/2012 04:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you are going to build a teaching around Mark chapter 2, I would choose self-righteousness as the topic because there are many instances in just that one short chapter of self-righteousness of the pharisees.

They were all about rules and appearances.......while Jesus was all about mercy and forgiveness.

hf
 Quoting: Lisa*Lisa

Ya, that's a good insight. It does seem like half of the chapter is taken up with dealing with incorrect thinking.

Thanks for your input! hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23487313
United States
09/09/2012 08:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
:cross55:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23485847
Canada
09/09/2012 08:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP, are you a Catholic priest ? You sure sound like one.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2924495
United States
09/09/2012 08:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
21 “No one patches an old coat with a new piece of cloth that will shrink. Otherwise, the new patch will shrink and rip away some of the old cloth, and the tear will become worse. 22 People don’t pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the wine will make the skins burst, and both the wine and the skins will be ruined. Rather, new wine is to be poured into fresh skins.”

clappa
DSL Connector

User ID: 11566547
United States
09/09/2012 09:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

hf

Mercy and forgiveness? You're right sure about that, now, are you?

Luke 19:27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them-- bring them here and kill them in front of me. New International Version
DSL is better than cable! :)
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/10/2012 05:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23485847

No
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/10/2012 05:54 AM
Report Abusive Post

clappa
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2924495

What do you think this refers to?

What is the meaning?

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3088756
United Kingdom
09/10/2012 07:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
hi there brother,i think the meaning of the old and new wineskins is the old and new covenant.its interesting that the lord made such a point of showing us how the pharasees and supposed holy people of the time were hypocrates,who always looked to point the finger at others guilt,without examaining their own lifes.history repeats itself and those words of the lords are for this day also.how the high ranking members of the various churches are nothing more than modern pharasees.
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/10/2012 07:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
hi there brother,i think the meaning of the old and new wineskins is the old and new covenant.its interesting that the lord made such a point of showing us how the pharasees and supposed holy people of the time were hypocrates,who always looked to point the finger at others guilt,without examaining their own lifes.history repeats itself and those words of the lords are for this day also.how the high ranking members of the various churches are nothing more than modern pharasees.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 3088756

Exactly!

hf
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/10/2012 07:44 AM
Report Abusive Post

hf

Mercy and forgiveness? You're right sure about that, now, are you?

Luke 19:27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them-- bring them here and kill them in front of me. New International Version
 Quoting: DSL Connector

That's right, Jesus is merciful and forgives anyone who asks for forgiveness with a sincere heart.

Those who reject Him, make themselves His enemies and they will be destroyed. Making yourself an enemy of God is the most foolish position you could put yourself in.

It is merciful that He is patient and waits till everyone has heard about salvation before He comes to judge the world. He has the power to destroy you this instant, but His mercy waits another day hoping that you will turn around and be saved.
Herman The Kid

User ID: 17951882
United States
09/10/2012 08:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
It is merciful that He is patient and waits till everyone has heard about salvation before He comes to judge the world. He has the power to destroy you this instant, but His mercy waits another day hoping that you will turn around and be saved.

God's grace and mercy are very real and He will show them to you if you ask, believe and turn from your sin. I'm living proof and more grateful than I'll ever be able to express.
You m-m-m-muh-make me HAAA-PEEE.

Psalm 34:14 - Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.

Romans 5:8 - But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/10/2012 08:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
5 WHEN JESUS SAW THEIR FAITH, he said to the man, “Friend, your sins are forgiven.”

My teaching would be: you have to have REAL faith in Jesus' power to deliver you--- before He will forgive your sins and then heal you if He so desires. In Mark 2, faith was demonstrated when the crippled man's friends went to the trouble of lowering him through a hole--- they were so sure of Jesus' power to heal.

I pray that ALL psychologists, computer programmers and physicists associated with data farming --- and who are involved in the psychotronic manipulation of --and invasion of privacy of --their fellow men--- be converted to belief in Jesus' power through reading this word today.

I pray that they repent of their wicked activities here and elsewhere. In Yehoshua's HOLY name--- Amen.
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/10/2012 08:54 AM
Report Abusive Post

clappa

I think this does refer to those who would try to shoehorn the new covenant into the old Talmudic type of traditions.... but also specifically to today's Messianic Jews-- to take care that they do not immerse themselves so much in a blind love of old traditions that they forget the power of the new covenant which is Jesus, the LIVING TORAH.... The key is to worship God in spirit and in truth.

We of the new covenant are the children of light--- of Sarah, the free woman, not of Haggar, the slave.
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/10/2012 09:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
BUMPITY
smile_hear
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/10/2012 09:46 AM
Report Abusive Post

God's grace and mercy are very real and He will show them to you if you ask, believe and turn from your sin. I'm living proof and more grateful than I'll ever be able to express.
 Quoting: Herman The Kid

+100000!!!

clappa
Anonymous Coward
Canada
09/10/2012 08:05 PM
Report Abusive Post

No
 Quoting: Once4All

But didn't you train to be a priest ?

[link to www.savemenowjesus.com]

You would probably think that after these wonderful experiences my life would become just peachy keen. Not so! At one of my prayer meetings a man –who pretended to be a prophet - told me that God wanted me to be a catholic priest. So, I quit my job, gave away my money, said goodbye to my friends and off I went to the seminary. I was one stupid Christian: All zeal with almost no wisdom. It is still [more than two decades later] difficult for me to believe I was foolish enough to do that. After months of praying for a wife, one – so called prophet – tells me God wants me to be a priest and off I go a runnin’! Life was difficult for me before but within ten years it would become impossible. My first seminary, for example, was a horrible experience for me. I listened to people question Jesus’ humanity, his divinity, and anything else that could be possibly doubted or denied. Some even questioned his sexuality stating that he was some type of androgynous being. It was just like watching Jesus being crucified all over again. I hated it.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
09/10/2012 08:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
You have an interesting life story :

My second seminary was better. The teachings were much more reasonable and in line with Holy Scripture and the experience of the church. I learned many good things. Sometimes one must meditate and contemplate the good while leaving the rest behind. This is what I did to make the most of a difficult situation. Unfortunately for me, the thought of never being able to get married was causing a lot of havoc in my brain, heart, and soul. Instead of feeling built up and invigorated, I became more and more empty. I began to physically collapse. I had been telling myself to follow Jesus with all my heart, soul, and strength but when my strength began to fail me I concluded that I was not following Jesus like I thought I was. My instinct to survive took over. My superiors had said, “Eddie, if you hand in these last couple of pages we’ll make you a priest.” Instead, I went home burnt out, empty, and perhaps even clinically depressed. I could not understand what had happened to me. I took me some time to figure out that I had swallowed a lie and that that lie had made me sick. I had finally known some happiness between the time I returned home from the military and entered the seminary. But that happiness was stollen through my own stupidity by the deciever. My life really, truly sucked once again.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23557611
United States
09/10/2012 09:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
5 WHEN JESUS SAW THEIR FAITH, he said to the man, “Friend, your sins are forgiven.”

My teaching would be: you have to have REAL faith in Jesus' power to deliver you--- before He will forgive your sins and then heal you if He so desires. In Mark 2, faith was demonstrated when the crippled man's friends went to the trouble of lowering him through a hole--- they were so sure of Jesus' power to heal.

I pray that ALL psychologists, computer programmers and physicists associated with data farming --- and who are involved in the psychotronic manipulation of --and invasion of privacy of --their fellow men--- be converted to belief in Jesus' power through reading this word today.

I pray that they repent of their wicked activities here and elsewhere. In Yehoshua's HOLY name--- Amen.

Thanks for the insight! hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23557611
United States
09/10/2012 09:26 PM
Report Abusive Post

No

You would probably think that after these wonderful experiences my life would become just peachy keen. Not so! At one of my prayer meetings a man –who pretended to be a prophet - told me that God wanted me to be a catholic priest. So, I quit my job, gave away my money, said goodbye to my friends and off I went to the seminary. I was one stupid Christian: All zeal with almost no wisdom. It is still [more than two decades later] difficult for me to believe I was foolish enough to do that. After months of praying for a wife, one – so called prophet – tells me God wants me to be a priest and off I go a runnin’! Life was difficult for me before but within ten years it would become impossible. My first seminary, for example, was a horrible experience for me. I listened to people question Jesus’ humanity, his divinity, and anything else that could be possibly doubted or denied. Some even questioned his sexuality stating that he was some type of androgynous being. It was just like watching Jesus being crucified all over again. I hated it.

Yes, I obtained the degree necessary for that but left without going through with it!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20541213
United States
09/11/2012 03:05 AM
Report Abusive Post

No

Yes, I obtained the degree necessary for that but left without going through with it!

Your website didn't say this a couple of years ago?

Gosh, I knew you were Roman Catholic by the way you wrote. Remember on your site, "pray, pray, pray." Who says that, the Blessed Mother. She's watching over you and Our Lord too. Jesus has more for all, if we would just accept all of His revelation.

Please come home, the remnant is Roman Catholic. All you have to do is forgive, go to Confession. You see the prophetic points to this, 100%. Our Lord said, I will
not leave My Church in Matthew 16:18. You understand
the prophecy in Daniel about the "continual sacrifice."
It is the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. The "abomination of
desolation" in the same and repeated sadly, happens when the anti-christ attempts to abolish the Holy Eucharist.

Jesus wants you to come home to faith and bring your parents.

I'll pray more for your return. The faith, Christ's Church is still the fullness of Truth and of God's grace given Brother.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20541213
United States
09/11/2012 05:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
I must say it now, you will ban me, most likely.

I went to your site and read the addition to your
testimony.

You should make it clear Once4All, the priesthood is holy.
Satan attacks the priesthood more than anything
because he knows, it is through the priest, we
receive the greatest graces.

Your experience, like others in the last fifty years
are because of the evil one, not the faith but Satan Himself.

Forgive whoever hurt you, it is the only way. And
see Once4All, Our Lord knows and spoke to your heart
so many times since, sharing about these times, never letting you go.

I've always suggested, ask Him in prayer...is the Eucharist
true, you already know so turn around...come home. hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23673465
United States
09/12/2012 08:39 PM
Report Abusive Post

So, i've been thinking about this chapter for a few days. I see a parallel between Genesis 1 and Mark 1. Now that Mark has made his initial comments [Chapter 1] it seems the next big topic on his his list is to show that Jesus went around proving that He could forgive sin. Who can forgive sin? God! Mark is saying that Jesus is the Son of God the prophet Isaiah spoke of.

Jesus Chooses Matthew... to this very day He calls whomever He chooses!

The question of fasting and the Day of Worship is more about walking by faith and not the Law, imo.

I pray you have a good night!

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23697579
United States
09/13/2012 05:41 AM
Report Abusive Post

So, i've been thinking about this chapter for a few days. I see a parallel between Genesis 1 and Mark 1. Now that Mark has made his initial comments [Chapter 1] it seems the next big topic on his his list is to show that Jesus went around proving that He could forgive sin. Who can forgive sin? God! Mark is saying that Jesus is the Son of God the prophet Isaiah spoke of.

Jesus Chooses Matthew... to this very day He calls whomever He chooses!

The question of fasting and the Day of Worship is more about walking by faith and not the Law, imo.

I pray you have a good night!

hf

The Gospel According to Mark (Greek: κατὰ Μᾶρκον εὐαγγέλιον​, τὸ εὐαγγέλιον​ κατὰ Μᾶρκον, to euangelion kata Markon), commonly shortened to the Gospel of Mark or simply Mark, is the second book of the New Testament. This canonical account of the life of Jesus of Nazareth is one of the three synoptic gospels. It was thought to be an epitome, which accounts for its place as the second gospel in the Bible. However, most contemporary scholars now regard it as the earliest of the canonical gospels[1] (c 70).[2]

The Gospel of Mark narrates the Ministry of Jesus from his baptism by John the Baptist to his death and resurrection. It focuses particularly on the last week of his life (chapters 11–16) in Jerusalem. Its swift narrative portrays Jesus as a heroic man of action,[2] an exorcist, healer and miracle worker. An important theme of Mark is the Messianic Secret.[3] Jesus silences the demoniacs he heals, tries unsuccessfully to keep his messianic identity secret, and conceals his message with parables.[3] Meanwhile, the disciples fail to understand both the implication of the miracles of Jesus[2] and the meaning of the things he predicts about his arrest, death and resurrection.

According to tradition and some early church writers, the author is Mark the Evangelist, the companion of the apostle Peter.[4] The gospel, however, appears to rely on several underlying sources, varying in form and in theology, and which tells against the tradition that the gospel was based on Peter's preaching.[5] Various elements within the gospel, including the importance of the authority of Peter and the breadth of its basic theology, suggest that the author wrote in Syria or Palestine for a non-Jewish Christian community which had earlier absorbed the influence of pre-Pauline beliefs and then developed them further independent of Paul

[link to en.wikipedia.org]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23697579
United States
09/13/2012 05:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 3088756

Exactly!

hf

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23735736
United States
09/13/2012 09:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
I must say it now, you will ban me, most likely.

I went to your site and read the addition to your
testimony.

You should make it clear Once4All, the priesthood is holy.
Satan attacks the priesthood more than anything
because he knows, it is through the priest, we
receive the greatest graces.

Your experience, like others in the last fifty years
are because of the evil one, not the faith but Satan Himself.

Forgive whoever hurt you, it is the only way. And
see Once4All, Our Lord knows and spoke to your heart
so many times since, sharing about these times, never letting you go.

I've always suggested, ask Him in prayer...is the Eucharist
true, you already know so turn around...come home. hf
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20541213

There has been no addition to my testimony. The same thing has been up for years which is just another reason why your attacks have been unnecessary and unjustified.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23758382
United States
09/14/2012 05:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
This is the Day the Lord Jesus has made.

Let us rejoice and be glad in it!!!

:flowers:
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/14/2012 05:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23758382
United States
09/14/2012 06:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump

Hey hf

GLP