Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,637 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 172,820
Pageviews Today: 287,504Threads Today: 91Posts Today: 1,680
03:45 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

El Hierro / Canary Islands - Most Recent Information By The Most Diligent - And Recap Of Past Year

shenue

User ID: 5263313
United States
09/23/2012 07:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: El Hierro / Canary Islands - Most Recent Information By The Most Diligent - And Recap Of Past Year
Good morning fellow Canary watchers.

2012-09-23 08:32 UTC

- 4 volcanic earthquakes since midnight, all of them below the center of the island in the deeper layers
- the strength of the center island quakes is generally stronger than the El Golfo quakes, this because the main source of magma is located in this area (last swarm in this area generated quakes until M3.2)
- GPS Deformations : PINA and REST have taken a day off today. FRON decided to continue working and showed a deflation of 6 mm and a movement of a few mm to the south.

Last Edited by shenue on 09/23/2012 07:47 AM
Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become your character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
shenue

United States
09/23/2012 10:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: El Hierro / Canary Islands - Most Recent Information By The Most Diligent - And Recap Of Past Year
2012-09-23 19:12 UTC

- 6 more earthquakes during the day, mostly in the shallower El Golfo area
Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become your character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 15368686
United States
09/24/2012 06:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Not sure what this is about? [link to www.ign.es]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/24/2012 07:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
I believe this is a brand new buoy. No previous history is available for it. It's located south of the Canary Islands along Africa's west coast. It's called a "prediction bouy" and seems to analyze pretty much all there is to analyze in the water.

This is its own page

[link to www.ndbc.noaa.gov]

Here it is on a larger map

shenue

United States
09/24/2012 07:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Good Morning All
shenue

United States
09/24/2012 08:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
I believe this is a brand new buoy. No previous history is available for it. It's located south of the Canary Islands along Africa's west coast. It's called a "prediction bouy" and seems to analyze pretty much all there is to analyze in the water.

This is its own page

Here it is on a larger map

Quoting: American Trappers, LLC

Hi AT... What drew your attention to this buoy? Did you just happen to stumble upon it, was it in event mode or were you just kind of checking things out in the area? It is pretty far south of the Canaries but it would be interesting to know if it is indeed a new buoy and what it is is actually designed to do.
shenue

United States
09/24/2012 08:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Oh and this morning buoy 53046 is in event mode. Bali .... north of West Australia. Look at the spike on the graph this morning. I wonder how often they do an update because the graph stops at what appears to be the top of the spike. It is only a spike of about 17 ft. at around 03:00 this morning GMT, but evidently it was enough to send it into event mode.
Slick Vick

User ID: 15311505
United States
09/24/2012 08:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump For later.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/24/2012 08:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Oh and this morning buoy 53046 is in event mode. Bali .... north of West Australia. Look at the spike on the graph this morning. I wonder how often they do an update because the graph stops at what appears to be the top of the spike. It is only a spike of about 17 ft. at around 03:00 this morning GMT, but evidently it was enough to send it into event mode.
 Quoting: shenue

Yeah, this buoy has been in event mode for a couple days. It was just irregular wave height, now it looks like it just got a funnel of water spurred under it.

The one I noticed next to Africa is new I believe. I check the NOAA website all the time and I just happened to notice an extra marker down there.
shenue

United States
09/24/2012 08:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Not sure what this is about? [link to www.ign.es]

What the heck is causing that?

Edit: Just refreshed the page. Looks like it stopped at around 11:20 UTC.

Last Edited by shenue on 09/24/2012 08:28 AM
shenue

United States
09/24/2012 08:32 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yeah, this buoy has been in event mode for a couple days. It was just irregular wave height, now it looks like it just got a funnel of water spurred under it.

The one I noticed next to Africa is new I believe. I check the NOAA website all the time and I just happened to notice an extra marker down there.

Ok I was wondering how long it may have been in event mode. I hadn't been to the buoy map in about 3 or 4 days. I know sometimes they show as being in event mode for days. I think that some months ago we had learned that buoy information isn't always as reliable and up to date as we all wish it was.
shenue

United States
09/24/2012 08:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hey...did you sleep at all last night AT?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2258146
09/24/2012 08:42 AM
Report Abusive Post

Bout 45 minutes I guess. I just hurt too bad to lay in bed for too long. If I can't fall asleep right away I start getting muscle cramps and I have to get outta bed.
Gizzie
User ID: 1024094
United Kingdom
09/24/2012 09:10 AM
Report Abusive Post

Bout 45 minutes I guess. I just hurt too bad to lay in bed for too long. If I can't fall asleep right away I start getting muscle cramps and I have to get outta bed.

Hi AT, sorry to hear your having problems, I sort of know what your going through as I have Degenerative Disc Disease on my lower left discs and since last Monday, I have been in absolute agony with it..The pain has moved to my lower spine and I'm getting muscle spasms, thus leading to me not sleeping very well...

Just finally got the doctors to give me more relief this morning...Got Diazepam and just took one about 20 mins ago, they are just about taking the edge of the pain thank god...

Yeah, I have had the week from hell and just hope it eases of soon. I presume that you have back problems yourself AT from what you have described, if so, take a look a my following thread I did last night, I needed help and advice fast last night as I'm getting to a point that I can't cope...

Take a look at the thread, There is some great advice and remedies that might be worth giving a try...

Thread: In Agony With Degenerative Disc Disease - What The Hell Do I Do??
shenue

United States
09/24/2012 10:23 AM
Report Abusive Post

Hi AT, sorry to hear your having problems, I sort of know what your going through as I have Degenerative Disc Disease on my lower left discs and since last Monday, I have been in absolute agony with it..The pain has moved to my lower spine and I'm getting muscle spasms, thus leading to me not sleeping very well...

Just finally got the doctors to give me more relief this morning...Got Diazepam and just took one about 20 mins ago, they are just about taking the edge of the pain thank god...

Yeah, I have had the week from hell and just hope it eases of soon. I presume that you have back problems yourself AT from what you have described, if so, take a look a my following thread I did last night, I needed help and advice fast last night as I'm getting to a point that I can't cope...

Take a look at the thread, There is some great advice and remedies that might be worth giving a try...

Thread: In Agony With Degenerative Disc Disease - What The Hell Do I Do??
 Quoting: Gizzie 1024094

I guess pain is all around us huh? I contracted polio when I was 1 year old and now suffer with Post Polio Syndrome (which is a degenerative neuro/muscular condition that causes nerve pain/muscle pain/ muscle cramping, head to toe) ..along with degenerative disc disease..degenerating knees and hips...etc etc etc. And I am pretty much confined to my wheelchair now....

Anywayyyyy....Now as I reread what I just typed, I don't want this to sound like I am trying to top anyone elses' pain...I am not. Sometimes I get so involved with my own pain, I don't stop to think about what others are going through.

I hope you both can find some relief!! Truly.

Last Edited by shenue on 09/24/2012 10:24 AM
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/25/2012 06:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
Great post from another thread. Thanks to BendingLight

Thread: Big Buoy Data/250ft!

There has been ping pong affect plate movements all starting with buoy data

:826update:

Also have been many pattens such as these:

:911update5:
:911updatesquence:

By following patterns I predicted the last 7+ earthquake in the very location days before it happened.
Quote from 8/31:
"Specially I'd be most concerned anywhere from California down to the bottom of Central America.
For swarms and/or at least one 7+ earthquake"

Source: Thread: Plate movement watch underway! Java buoy going wild.. again! (Page 8)

And more recently forecasted more Java seafloor adjustments/Tonga region uptick.
All on the 20th. (mainly due to eastern Australia buoy data)
Quotes:

"There is oh sooo much pressure building from that buoy east of Australia to Java area Indonesia up to Sumatra region...
Pressure is stuck basically and it's gotta give sooner rather than later...
I suspect strongly the area by New Caledonia/Vanuatu/Tonga is the culprit.
Outcome? More buoy activity and/or increasing earthquake swarms or large earthquake in that area.

Second possibility.. Which would mean another seafloor adjustment by Java..."

Source: Thread: Plate movement watch underway! Java buoy going wild.. again! (Page 13)

Since the 20th the largest earthquakes globally have been by Tonga region

:922quakeupdate:

Including today's 5.5 and 5.7 Tonga quakes.

Plus now the seafloor is showing activity by Java!

Both of which was stated on the 20th.

Coincidence?
No, all based upon patterns and data.
There is more going on than meets the eye.
 Quoting: bendinglight
shenue

United States
09/25/2012 10:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
Good morning. Shewwww your post is a lot for my old brain to take in AT.

2012-09-25 07:39 UTC

- 3 more earthquakes yesterday evening
- 8 volcanic earthquakes so far today, mixed layers and locations (shallow El Golfo and deeper in other parts of the island)
- GPS deformations : a few mm vertical deflation at La Restinga, 1.5 cm deflation at El Pinar, but at the same time a horizontal move to the east of a few mm. Frontera shows a vertical deflation of approx. 1 cm and a movement to the North-East of a few mm.

Last Edited by shenue on 09/25/2012 10:55 AM
TechRaider

User ID: 8668963
United States
09/25/2012 10:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
This looks wild:

[link to www.01.ign.es]

[link to www.01.ign.es]
Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may.
Sam Houston

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

If you don't read the newspaper   
you are uninformed, if you do   
read the newspaper you are   
misinformed. -- Mark Twain

Giving money and power to   
government is like giving whiskey   
and keys to teenage boys.   
-- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

shenue

United States
09/25/2012 10:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: TechRaider

What the heck????

I just looked at the time on both of them and they seem to coincide with each other. Could this have been an actual event or maybe some repositioning of equipment?

Last Edited by shenue on 09/25/2012 11:08 AM
TechRaider

United States
09/25/2012 11:23 AM
Report Abusive Post

What the heck????

I just looked at the time on both of them and they seem to coincide with each other. Could this have been an actual event or maybe some repositioning of equipment?

Real, reposition, or goat humped for 15 minutes?
Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may.
Sam Houston

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/25/2012 04:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

- 8 volcanic earthquakes so far today, mixed layers and locations (shallow El Golfo and deeper in other parts of the island)
- GPS deformations : a few mm vertical deflation at La Restinga, 1.5 cm deflation at El Pinar, but at the same time a horizontal move to the east of a few mm. Frontera shows a vertical deflation of approx. 1 cm and a movement to the North-East of a few mm.

I'm curious...how are they differentiating what is an earthquake and what is a volcanic quake? Does it have a unique signature or something? And...if they are able to tell which is which, hypothetically they should have a ton of information about EXACTLY WHERE the magma is storing under this island. Too bad they can't put together a visual to show us where the magma chambers are and where the fissures are, etc.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/25/2012 04:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

Holy crap! How are they going to explain this one away? That's OBVIOUS activity and the frequency page verifies it wasn't somebody dry humping the seismograph :)
TechRaider

United States
09/25/2012 04:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
No EQ for over 11 hours:

[link to www.01.ign.es]

Little reaction on Tenerife @12:30
[link to www.01.ign.es]

compared to El Hiero:

[link to www.01.ign.es]

Rest of charts stopped around 11
Sam Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/25/2012 04:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Tech Raider, thanks for pulling in those links. The ones you posted are from the hourly page. Here is the 24 hour page, it's definitely condensed, but STILL definitely showing several events all at once. It appears as though the center of this event occurred around 1235-1245 hours, UTC.

[link to www.ign.es]

You can also see the 24 hour Hierro frequency page here

[link to www.ign.es]

In addition, here is a look at Gomera...normally siginificant activity shows up there as well, if it occurred at Hierro. It litearlly recorded NOTHING of this event on Hierro...the chart stopped recording at noon UTC. Nothing was recorded on the frequency chart either after noon UTC.

[link to www.ign.es]

Neither did La Palma or anything other island. Here is La Palma's graph

[link to www.ign.es]

However, La Palma's frequency chart AND seismograph went down and stopped recording just prior to this event. Nice how whenever something suspicious like this occurs, IGN often shuts down at least one of the graphs to disable comparisons. La Palma's frequency chart did show something...but just barely, rigt before Hierro shows this strange activity. It's very faint.

[link to www.ign.es]

The overall quakes for the day chart seems to have stopped counting just before noon UTC as well

[link to www.ign.es]

It's like the whole system went down or something. Not a single siemograph or frequency graph has reported anything since before noon UTC on ANY island other than Hierro. The overall numbers for the day graph is behind, and so is this one...the detailed listing of all quakes over a 1.5; the last quake on this graph was at 0921 hours, UTC. It was a 1.7, 24 km deep in Frontera.

[link to www.ign.es]

The only thing I can see that might be suggestive here is the fact that there was as much as 25mm change in deformation yesterday. Something may have slid open or shut under HI04?

[link to www.ign.es]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/25/2012 04:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
No EQ for over 11 hours:

[link to www.01.ign.es]

Little reaction on Tenerife @12:30
[link to www.01.ign.es]

compared to El Hiero:

[link to www.01.ign.es]

Rest of charts stopped around 11

I don't think it means no earthquakes have occurred...you can tell by the charts they just haven't been updated since before noon, UTC time. See my post below yours.
shenue

United States
09/25/2012 05:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

I'm curious...how are they differentiating what is an earthquake and what is a volcanic quake? Does it have a unique signature or something? And...if they are able to tell which is which, hypothetically they should have a ton of information about EXACTLY WHERE the magma is storing under this island. Too bad they can't put together a visual to show us where the magma chambers are and where the fissures are, etc.

AT I was going to ask you that question...what is the difference between an 'earthquake' and a 'volcanic earthquake'?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/25/2012 05:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
"The CHIE again have problems... click the IGN, appears "there is no information for this day"..because there is information, but information which only note that the CHIE have problems, and if we look at the stage, we understand, that this information that shows the waveform and spectrogram in this time is worth, and...only informs us that something out of the ordinary happens, which it has happened before and turned over now...Hopeful is, that we see appear slightly again a signal again in the spectrogram of time...We hope until he recovers, in order to have a picture of the record of seismic activity on the island...Patience."

- Joke Volta

[link to www.facebook.com]
TechRaider

United States
09/25/2012 06:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wonder if a landslide would look like the chart? Maybe solid red to the top?

[link to www.01.ign.es]
Sam Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/25/2012 06:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wonder if a landslide would look like the chart? Maybe solid red to the top?

[link to www.01.ign.es]

This frequency chart actually measures vibration and sound. I think we would see some really significant markings on this page if that occurred. I have seen Mt. Saint Helens when it erupted. It was insane. Looked like my 6 year old drawing with a mess of crayons after 5 cups of koolaid :)
shenue

United States
09/25/2012 06:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
AT...He talks about that buoy in the event mode, in this clip. VERY interesting. If you haven't seen this yet...you should watch it.

[link to www.youtube.com]

GLP