A true story about my son

CrazyEyesThreadKilla

User ID: 14327039
United States
09/19/2012 12:08 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
A true story about my son
I have been on GLP for a long time, and while I have contributed here and there, I am mostly a lurker and a reader. I assume going in that whatever I am about to read has a large dose of nonsense, and then let the thread try to convince me to consider realities beyond my contemporary mental model. GLP has made me more willing to consider, and even embrace, experiences that are not easily explainable.

Which leads me to share a story of my almost-4-year-old son. This is all completely true. No roleplay here.

Almost a year ago, my son Daniel, then just turning three, began to speak to us of his friend "Nick". While Daniel generally tests well above his age range, his speech skills have been slow to develop, so it took us a while to clearly identify the name as Nick. He explained to us that Nick was the father of "Poppy" (my wife's father, who Daniel sees frequently), and he did so with the wonderment that a 3-year-old has that his Poppy might in fact have a father himself. The first stunner was that Poppy's father, long deceased, was in fact named Nick, something even I did not know.

Over the next several weeks, Daniel relayed conversations with us that he had with Nick, and in the course of the conversations, he revealed facts that he simply could not have known, including some concepts that should have been completely foreign to him. For example, he stated that Nick had told him that there was a special Superman stamp waiting for him within his Poppy's stamp collection, and Nick told him he could have it. This from a child who had no idea of what a stamp is, much less a stamp collection or that his Poppy ever had a stamp collection. Nonetheless, contrary to expectations that he owned such a stamp, when his Poppy went into the attic to look at his old collecting albums, he almost immediately flipped to a page covered in Superman stamps.

There were other similar incidents that left us feeling shaken, but after a few weeks, Daniel stopped bringing up Nick. A few months later, I actually raised the subject, and Daniel did not acknowledge and seemingly had no recollection of having a friend named Nick.

Then, two months ago, my wife found out she was pregnant with our fourth. Not on purpose. Daniel was our first, so it's been a pretty constant pipeline since his arrival, and while we love our children more than anything else, we were still feeling pretty apprehensive. Daniel quickly grasped that we were expecting another brother or sister for him, and deducing that the baby was growing in Mommy's belly, Daniel named him/her "Mug". Daniel still sleeps in our bed, and when going to sleep, he would often tell his Mommy that he loved Mug and was happy.

Last week, my wife lost the baby. It is not our first miscarriage, and unlike our initial struggles to bring a child into the world, it is with enormous guilt that I confess that our sense of grief was tempered by a sense of relief. We were not sure whether we could handle four toddlers under five, and, naturally, we wondered whether our apprehension somehow contributed to losing the baby.

It was with this heavy heart that we went to bed last night. Just as Daniel was about to fall asleep, he turned to his Mommy.

Mug isn't in your belly any more, Mommy, he said. But don't be sad, Mommy. Nick told me that he had Mug, and he gave Mug to "Flower", and she gave Mug to Nana's Mommy and Daddy. Did you know Nana had a Mommy and Daddy? Nana's Mommy smelled beautiful.

Then he feel asleep, a luxury that did not come to my wife or myself for quite a while. Nick's name has surfaced again, as well as Nana's Mommy and Daddy, who were both long deceased before Daniel's birth and virtually never discussed. But my wife recalled that Nana's Mommy was renowned for wearing perfume, so the smell remark made some sense.

We couldn't understand the Flower thing. We both heard it that way, but with Daniel's speech difficulties, we thought maybe we had misheard. In any case, no one in our family has a name that sounds like Flower.

But then it dawned on my wife. Poppy's Mommy, Nick's wife, was named Rose.

My wife and I don't know how to respond. My wife finds it kind of creepy that our son is potentially talking to the dead. I find it humbling and miraculous, and I sense the words weren't Daniel's at all, but someone else's, filtered through Daniel's language, but given to us to ease my wife's sense of loss.

I don't know if others will find the story as extraordinary, but I wanted to document it for myself at least.

[Edit: There is an update on Page 2]

Last Edited by Zalinsky on 09/22/2012 07:42 AM
Anonymous Coward
09/19/2012 12:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: A true story about my son
I've heard of this happen to some children even I have known (relatives they couldn't possibly know about, visitations, conversations, games, etc).

It can really only go on at a young age...

Ages between 2-11. The beginnings and ends of the scale being the weakest times.

Keep this to yourselves and don't tell anyone else.

Let this child experience what he can while he's able to physically...

Childhood is a precious time. Don't ask him too many questions, don't feed into it too much, and keep your emotions to a minimum around him, just be positive and happy... and let him have his time.
Jericho9

User ID: 7913305
United States
09/19/2012 12:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
I have been on GLP for a long time, and while I have contributed here and there, I am mostly a lurker and a reader. I assume going in that whatever I am about to read has a large dose of nonsense, and then let the thread try to convince me to consider realities beyond my contemporary mental model. GLP has made me more willing to consider, and even embrace, experiences that are not easily explainable.

Which leads me to share a story of my almost-4-year-old son. This is all completely true. No roleplay here.

Almost a year ago, my son Daniel, then just turning three, began to speak to us of his friend "Nick". While Daniel generally tests well above his age range, his speech skills have been slow to develop, so it took us a while to clearly identify the name as Nick. He explained to us that Nick was the father of "Poppy" (my wife's father, who Daniel sees frequently), and he did so with the wonderment that a 3-year-old has that his Poppy might in fact have a father himself. The first stunner was that Poppy's father, long deceased, was in fact named Nick, something even I did not know.

Over the next several weeks, Daniel relayed conversations with us that he had with Nick, and in the course of the conversations, he revealed facts that he simply could not have known, including some concepts that should have been completely foreign to him. For example, he stated that Nick had told him that there was a special Superman stamp waiting for him within his Poppy's stamp collection, and Nick told him he could have it. This from a child who had no idea of what a stamp is, much less a stamp collection or that his Poppy ever had a stamp collection. Nonetheless, contrary to expectations that he owned such a stamp, when his Poppy went into the attic to look at his old collecting albums, he almost immediately flipped to a page covered in Superman stamps.

There were other similar incidents that left us feeling shaken, but after a few weeks, Daniel stopped bringing up Nick. A few months later, I actually raised the subject, and Daniel did not acknowledge and seemingly had no recollection of having a friend named Nick.

Then, two months ago, my wife found out she was pregnant with our fourth. Not on purpose. Daniel was our first, so it's been a pretty constant pipeline since his arrival, and while we love our children more than anything else, we were still feeling pretty apprehensive. Daniel quickly grasped that we were expecting another brother or sister for him, and deducing that the baby was growing in Mommy's belly, Daniel named him/her "Mug". Daniel still sleeps in our bed, and when going to sleep, he would often tell his Mommy that he loved Mug and was happy.

Last week, my wife lost the baby. It is not our first miscarriage, and unlike our initial struggles to bring a child into the world, it is with enormous guilt that I confess that our sense of grief was tempered by a sense of relief. We were not sure whether we could handle four toddlers under five, and, naturally, we wondered whether our apprehension somehow contributed to losing the baby.

It was with this heavy heart that we went to bed last night. Just as Daniel was about to fall asleep, he turned to his Mommy.

Mug isn't in your belly any more, Mommy, he said. But don't be sad, Mommy. Nick told me that he had Mug, and he gave Mug to "Flower", and she gave Mug to Nana's Mommy and Daddy. Did you know Nana had a Mommy and Daddy? Nana's Mommy smelled beautiful.

Then he feel asleep, a luxury that did not come to my wife or myself for quite a while. Nick's name has surfaced again, as well as Nana's Mommy and Daddy, who were both long deceased before Daniel's birth and virtually never discussed. But my wife recalled that Nana's Mommy was renowned for wearing perfume, so the smell remark made some sense.

We couldn't understand the Flower thing. We both heard it that way, but with Daniel's speech difficulties, we thought maybe we had misheard. In any case, no one in our family has a name that sounds like Flower.

My wife and I don't know how to respond. My wife finds it kind of creepy that our son is potentially talking to the dead. I find it humbling and miraculous, and I sense the words weren't Daniel's at all, but someone else's, filtered through Daniel's language, but given to us to ease my wife's sense of loss.

I don't know if others will find the story as extraordinary, but I wanted to document it for myself at least.
 Quoting: CrazyEyesThreadKilla

Amazing. Thanks for sharing OP.
RAe
User ID: 23841983
United States
09/19/2012 12:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
Truly a gift, these are the threads that make this forum worth anything.

I've heard similar stories before. A spiritual gift for you and those you share it with. We have guides, many different types I think. When we are young we can still perceive into other planes/realities/energies easily. Nothing to be freaked out about, totally the opposite!
Travis Bickle
Vigilantes need love too....

User ID: 1484907
United States
09/19/2012 12:22 AM

Report Abusive Post
Treat it as a blessing OP.... Many children converse with the dead. Most parents don't have the patience or interest to listen to their children and what they are saying.

You are not alone. There are many stories like yours. Consider yourself lucky to have shared in the experience. He will not remember it soon. But I'm sure you'll never forget.

peace
One of these days... A *REAL* rain is gonna come and wash all this scum off the streets.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24026126
Australia
09/19/2012 12:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
An amazing story...sorry for your Loss
CrazyEyesThreadKilla  (OP)

United States
09/19/2012 12:33 AM

Report Abusive Post
I've heard of this happen to some children even I have known (relatives they couldn't possibly know about, visitations, conversations, games, etc).

Ages between 2-11. The beginnings and ends of the scale being the weakest times.

Childhood is a precious time. Don't ask him too many questions, don't feed into it too much, and keep your emotions to a minimum around him, just be positive and happy... and let him have his time.
 Quoting: Mister Obvious

I guess I have heard similar "ghost stories" involving either children or, curiously, pets, but for most of my life, the rational part of me struggled to give these stories credit in that absence of any hard evidence. I guess that is a struggle with all questions of faith, but perhaps more than most people, I usually embraced the skeptical viewpoint.

But the skeptic in me cannot explain any of this. There is no question of the credibility or sincerity of the author of the story. Daniel is speaking absolute truth, at least as he views it, which makes this more real to me than some fact in a reference book someplace about the speed of light or the atomic weight of some substance.

So if I accept that his experience is truth, than I have to accept that absolute certainty of a conscious afterlife, the certainty of something that can reasonably be described as a heaven, and the certainty that I will see Mug again someday. It is an amazing thing, and I am still trying to internalize it, to realize that questions that were so often fuzzy, unresolvable questions of faith are, for me at least, looking to be rock solid.

Last Edited by Zalinsky on 09/19/2012 12:34 AM
SFAV

User ID: 21297164
United States
09/19/2012 12:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
OP do you know of the "Flower of life"? Amazing things this child said.
Pull me from the gallows
of this fiber-optic nation
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19420840
United States
09/19/2012 12:41 AM
Report Abusive Post

I read this and it struck a heart felt sorrow..I hope your family bonds..and recovers from this tragic happening..

Its posts like your that let me know that there are Real human beings that have feelins..lives,,struggles..

AND VICTORIES!!

God Bless you and your family!
Borian

User ID: 1139038
United States
09/19/2012 12:46 AM
Report Abusive Post

I guess I have heard similar "ghost stories" involving either children or, curiously, pets, but for most of my life, the rational part of me struggled to give these stories credit in that absence of any hard evidence. I guess that is a struggle with all questions of faith, but perhaps more than most people, I usually embraced the skeptical viewpoint.

But the skeptic in me cannot explain any of this. There is no question of the credibility or sincerity of the author of the story. Daniel is speaking absolute truth, at least as he views it, which makes this more real to me than some fact in a reference book someplace about the speed of light or the atomic weight of some substance.

So if I accept that his experience is truth, than I have to accept that absolute certainty of a conscious afterlife, the certainty of something that can reasonably be described as a heaven, and the certainty that I will see Mug again someday. It is an amazing thing, and I am still trying to internalize it, to realize that questions that were so often fuzzy, unresolvable questions of faith are, for me at least, looking to be rock solid.

The dead don't speak. Try to figure out who he is talking to. I'll bet his best interests aren't the outcome.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19962102
United States
09/19/2012 01:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for sharing. You are not alone. It is much more common than some know or pay attention too. My son talked to the dead many times. It started to taper off when he was about 5. He knew things he couldn't have possibly known about family and friends that had passed on, such as names and charactorist features. Most of his experiences were good, such as smiling and waving at someone we couldn't see, but our pets would look in the same direction he did. He had one bad experience though and I believe that is when he started to close up. I found it fasinating, but the one experience was really scary. I cleansed our home with burning sage and words of my faith. I figure if it was someone that was good, they would still stick around, but I sure as hell didn't want anything that was bad to get to him again.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1291892
Germany
09/19/2012 01:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
OP, there is no "dead". So it's all highly plausible.
stillhere

User ID: 16315970
United States
09/19/2012 01:18 AM

Report Abusive Post
Thanks for sharing, a beautiful story. I would agree with what another poster said, keep watch for signs of negative energy. Probably won't happen, but the other side has both good and bad.

Did the events you told of make you and your wife feel better?

I guess I kind of regret not filming y kids when they were young, such a shame kids never remember those wonderful early years. Although I do believe it is better to stay focused in the now--not the past.hfhfhfbump
"You can bend it and twist it... You can misuse and abuse it... But even God cannot change the Truth.”
Michael Levy
Zephyr2

User ID: 1416614
United States
09/19/2012 01:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Beautiful awareness your son has! Sounds like a blessing to me.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
~Calvin & Hobbs~
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23437913
United States
09/19/2012 01:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yes the OTHER side does have good and bad,,, Beautiful Story Bro! God Bless!
22:22
User ID: 23181526
United Kingdom
09/19/2012 02:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Beautiful story, moved to tears for some reason! Thank you for telling us
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23924328
United States
09/19/2012 02:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for sharing a fascinating story, OP. I used to believe when you die, you're dead. That's it. Then, I had a heart attack and with it a near death experience. From that other wonderful place I saw this place, and this place is not the reality we think it is. It's more like a dream, or maybe a play (one of many) in which we assume a part. It's brief when viewed from that other place, which is the reality, the permanent place and home.
Peace to you and yours, dear friend!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21450566
United States
09/19/2012 02:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
bsflag
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21713346
United States
09/19/2012 02:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16678904
United States
09/19/2012 02:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

Awesome, it gives me confirmation that we are not alone here, there, nor anywhere... that is my biggest worry. I know I shouldn't, but I don't KNOW I shouldn't.

I'm so sorry for your loss, but, I'm so happy to hear that we all get to meet up again... Your post really helped me.

I wouldn't press Daniel too much though, just keep it gradual, but non fading to find out as much as you can, without him starting to wonder.

And take from it absolutely everything, to your spirit, that you can...

Prayers are with you :-)
Lamplite

User ID: 945308
New Zealand
09/19/2012 03:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1291892
Germany
09/19/2012 03:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
And so it begins....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21778193
United States
09/19/2012 03:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for sharing your amazing story OP. hf

bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24015711
United States
09/19/2012 03:18 AM
Report Abusive Post

If there's a heaven as described in the Bible, one must also consider that there's a hell.

Please watch

So you can then make it to heaven. Start off by saying the sinner's prayer below, with sincerity. And find a good church, get water baptized, and live a life good life according to the Bible.

Say this with all your heart, and mean this sincerely:

Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived; I need your forgiveness.

I believe that your only begotten Son Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross at Calvary and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin.

You said in Your Holy Word, Romans 10:9 that if we confess the Lord our God and believe in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead, we shall be saved.

Right now I confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul. With my heart, I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. This very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior and according to His Word, right now I am saved.

Thank you Jesus for your unlimited grace which has saved me from my sins. I thank you Jesus that your grace never leads to license, but rather it always leads to repentance. Therefore Lord Jesus transform my life so that I may bring glory and honor to you alone and not to myself.

Thank you Jesus for dying for me and giving me eternal life. Amen
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24049805
United States
09/19/2012 03:31 AM
Report Abusive Post

The dead don't speak. Try to figure out who he is talking to. I'll bet his best interests aren't the outcome.
 Quoting: Borian

This.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8640456
United States
09/19/2012 04:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
No, I looked for references in the bible of dead speaking and there are some there, so yes, the dead do speak. When my youngest daughter was a toddler she had an invisible friend and chatted constantly with the invisible kid. As she aged it stopped. Then, last year when she was 17 it was discovered she had a terratoma, a technical name for a deceased twin that she had absorbed before she was born. It had hair and teeth and flesh about the size of your fist lodged near her girly parts. She still remembers talking with her friend and recalls her name was Sandy. For some reason children are open to these things and as we age and logical reasoning is taught it fades away.
I think its just fine to ask Daniel questions if you want to. It wouldn't be traumatizing for him because if it were God wouldn't allow it to begin with. I would ask lots of questions.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23859563
United States
09/19/2012 04:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
My sister in law sees the deceased, can talk to them and so does my nephew. Also her dad had the same gift. You have to be careful though. My nephew had a little playmate who he said was a little boy who liked to play with his toys. One day she asked him about the spirit and he said he didn't play with him anymore. She asked why not and he said cause he's mean. My sis in law went into the room and saw this little boy...he looked at her and smiled, then turned into an adult demon and flew out.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22705154
Canada
09/19/2012 05:07 AM
Report Abusive Post

If there's a heaven as described in the Bible, one must also consider that there's a hell.

Please watch

So you can then make it to heaven. Start off by saying the sinner's prayer below, with sincerity. And find a good church, get water baptized, and live a life good life according to the Bible.

Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived; I need your forgiveness.

I believe that your only begotten Son Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross at Calvary and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin.

You said in Your Holy Word, Romans 10:9 that if we confess the Lord our God and believe in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead, we shall be saved.

Right now I confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul. With my heart, I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. This very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior and according to His Word, right now I am saved.

Thank you Jesus for your unlimited grace which has saved me from my sins. I thank you Jesus that your grace never leads to license, but rather it always leads to repentance. Therefore Lord Jesus transform my life so that I may bring glory and honor to you alone and not to myself.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24015711

You should look up the guy who translated 17 of 23 books of the bible, on contract from the vatican, consonant by consonant with no slant, just direct translation.

There was no "original sin". There was no "god", only "godS". Without an original sin, there is no need for a "savior". Entire thing is fking non-sense.
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/19/2012 05:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
My sister in law sees the deceased, can talk to them and so does my nephew. Also her dad had the same gift. You have to be careful though. My nephew had a little playmate who he said was a little boy who liked to play with his toys. One day she asked him about the spirit and he said he didn't play with him anymore. She asked why not and he said cause he's mean. My sis in law went into the room and saw this little boy...he looked at her and smiled, then turned into an adult demon and flew out.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23859563

Yes, this is a very important point. Being a new ager for many years, this was never known. Until I later learned about demons. You can learn about these negative entites from various religions, and belief systems. But if you do a deep research of demonology, I find the true nature of these beings, is best described in the Bible.
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/19/2012 05:31 AM
Report Abusive Post

Please watch

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24015711

You should look up the guy who translated 17 of 23 books of the bible, on contract from the vatican, consonant by consonant with no slant, just direct translation.

There was no "original sin". There was no "god", only "godS". Without an original sin, there is no need for a "savior". Entire thing is fking non-sense.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22705154

I'm interested in learning more about this man. So he merely translated this, but he didn't write the original books, is this what you're saying? Now although the bible may not technically speak of 'original sin', we still do sin and the Bible does clearly speak of this. And we need to ask forgiveness for this. Do we need to go to confession to do this? I don't believe so, we can ask directly to God for forgiveness. Regarding 'god' versus 'godS', it is believed that God, is triune, God, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. So, when He stated, "let us make man in our image," this would make sense.
CrazyEyesThreadKilla  (OP)

United States
09/19/2012 06:42 AM

Report Abusive Post
bsflag
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21450566

I assure you it's not.

GLP