Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,064 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 923,988
Pageviews Today: 1,680,640Threads Today: 549Posts Today: 12,182
04:35 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Have you been watching the show "Revolution"? I see similarities with a near future USA...here's what I see at this point.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20588127
United States
09/30/2012 07:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Have you been watching the show "Revolution"? I see similarities with a near future USA...here's what I see at this point.
bump
johnj

User ID: 17788320
United States
09/30/2012 09:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Have you been watching the show "Revolution"? I see similarities with a near future USA...here's what I see at this point.
It has been 15 year since the power has gone off.
And all you see is people walking and riding horses.
I call Bull Shit on that one.
What about steam power?
What about bikes?
The writers on the show better get their act together or I'm sure people will stop watching.bsflag wtf
iamlizzyb

User ID: 16192495
United States
09/30/2012 10:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
What about steam power?
What about bikes?
The writers on the show better get their act together or I'm sure people will stop watching.bsflag wtf
 Quoting: johnj

From what i gathered going by this show..

Not to contradict you, but bikes are not all that effective offroad, through grass, woods, ect.. Not everyone is a world class mountain biking athlete. Just sayin
Horses are just a natural solution.

Another poster, in another thread, went on about the lack of concrete roads ect..
I think they would have broken up some of it to use for walls, fortifications, weapons (try launching concrete chucks) ect.. They serve no purpose as roads really anymore, and just reflect heat and cause higher temps.

Where would they use steam power? Trains?
The tracks are blocked and they have no heavy equipment to move them.

Why is the power not back on after 15yrs?
From what I gather there is a continuous sort of em field preventing the power from working, and that is what those pendant/flash drives are about.

This is just my observation. Don't hate on me too much.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23558931
United States
10/03/2012 06:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
They could have had the show take place anywhere...I wonder why Illinois?

Living in Illinois, my speculation is because they can film on location (In south Chicago) & get that "Post Apoctolyptic" feel.

^ good point
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19011623
United States
10/08/2012 11:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anyone still watching?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19325354
United States
10/08/2012 11:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anyone still watching?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19011623

No, it's terrible. Terrible acting, terrible storylines, terrible.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1243271
United States
10/08/2012 11:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anyone still watching?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19011623

I am enjoying the show, it is a great distraction from the political debacle we are witnessing

Mitt is the MAN
Eternium

User ID: 23779562
Canada
10/17/2012 04:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm still watching, and loving all the Lost references and actors being brought in. Good story so far, I have faith, JJ Abrams will deliver.

I think you can watch it on Hulu for free
Tatvamasi. Empty and marvelous
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24492310
Malaysia
10/17/2012 04:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
Nice!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8424028
United States
10/17/2012 06:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
What about steam power?
What about bikes?
 Quoting: johnj

No shit, and what's up with that fat bastard after 15 years of want? Just like the fat bastard Hurley in Lost I guess.

I quit watching for 2 reasons.
1) Juliette from Lost is back - Shitty ass acting and she creeps me out
2) Gus from breaking Bad is now some spineless Toad.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25447468
United States
10/17/2012 06:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
You mean the show where some mysterious event knocks out all the electricity somehow in the world which, for some odd reasons, causes planes to freeze in mid air and fall straight down while spinning, yet the power is still on inside the planes? (lights in the windows)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1243271
United States
10/29/2012 11:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am really enjoying this series, it is entertaining and really keeps you on your toes.

clappa
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26599806
United States
10/29/2012 11:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
It is really a dumb ass show but what the heck,it's better than Springer.
Lady Wolf

User ID: 13547009
United States
12/01/2012 06:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
Watching online trying to get caught up. I'm on episode 5 right now. I think if nothing else...this show really makes people think!! Stop looking to it for it's "entertainment value" and see it instead as a how to! I don't mean that the characters are always doing smart things, or making good decisions when it comes to problem solving. I'm talking about how this show give you a VERY realistic look at human beings and the potential animal that lives in each and every one of us when civilization becomes non-existent! This show does a very good job of portraying some realistic worse case scenarios in a dog eat dog world. It forces us to take a hard look at what we ourselves would or wouldn't be capable of doing if we found ourselves trying to survive with our loved ones in this nightmarish world.

As for those of you saying the young girl who plays Charlie needs to toughen up? Keep on watching, because many bad things happen to her and all around her that has made her tough as nails. It would have been unrealistic for her character to automatically be this way prior to all the experiences that causes her character to change. You need to remember, she is just a young girl trying to survive in a world turned upside down. It is only when her family becomes victim to this world that she begins to change and harden into the woman that she needs to be to survive.

One other thing that those of you who have given up on the first couple of episodes should know...in future episodes the writers are doing a good job of taking you back in time right after the blackout, i.e. the day of, a few weeks after, a few months after etc. and giving you glimpses into the main character's lives so you can see what has happened to them to shape them into who you're seeing now and how they connect with each other.

Don't give up on this show yet. I think it has some staying potential, and even if the network decides to cancel it, in the mean time, you WILL have learned something about what you can expect in such an Orwellian existence.
Real truth is self evident...
Meadow
User ID: 1560850
United States
12/01/2012 07:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
The writers should retitle it "Lost With No Electricity and Yet We Have Trendy Clothes and Perfect Teeth."

There, that sounds better.

Get real ! Those kids, especially the girls would not be running around free. They would be dead from disease, gang rape or lack of survival skills.

Everyone looks healthy, the uniforms looks new, and everyone has access to hot water, shampoo and soap. And let's not forget hair stylists, barbers and boot makers.

They are able to escape, dodge gun fire, and manage to evade the troops. Super Kids, Amazing Uncle, and their daily adventures don't do much for me. It's Hollywood and Bullshit.
°Lucy°

User ID: 64379293
Germany
11/28/2014 03:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's only 2 shows in so far, but...

Power goes out...something we discuss a fair bit here because it could actually happen. Perhaps TPTB believe it will or know it will.

The "bad" Militia leader...looks like Barry O. Is a man of power, but not the ultimate power. Has a way of speaking to people that will make you empathize with him. However, he has a very darkside as well. He works for a real bad dude (Munro). They hate America. Your not even allowed to speak of America, own an American flag, own a firearm, all these things that Americans have always enjoyed...gone...Slavery has been reintroduced. Incarceration without cause.

Now just for a second imagine Sharia law taking hold of the U.S., probably sound like this eh?

Takes place in Illinois.

I'm sure there is more to add, but that's what I have so far.
 Quoting: Wash

I know its a old thread here but that show just started to air here in germany and I am currently watching episode two. That militia guy really looks like obama, thats why I thought there must be a thread about it on GLP chuckle
"He who people call a fool is not a fool, but he who takes flattery for Truth, is."

GLP