Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,268 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 905,356
Pageviews Today: 1,614,435Threads Today: 684Posts Today: 12,180
06:24 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Dallas/Fort Worth metro residents: Gas drilling, fracking, health risks, and EQs

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24702678
United States
09/30/2012 04:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Dallas/Fort Worth metro residents: Gas drilling, fracking, health risks, and EQs
If you live ANYWHERE in or around the DFW metro, please educate yourselves about gas drilling and fracking and the correlation between those activities and potentially serious health risks as well as increased seismic activity.

Here's the link to a local activist, a good place to start for everyone to become more informed:

[link to www.texassharon.com]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 24702678
United States
09/30/2012 05:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Dallas/Fort Worth metro residents: Gas drilling, fracking, health risks, and EQs
bump
PhoenixFromHellWorld
User ID: 18131262
United States
09/30/2012 05:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Dallas/Fort Worth metro residents: Gas drilling, fracking, health risks, and EQs
They wont stop until all hell breaks loose.

The peace that is necessary to live must happen not just between people but with the Earth itself. Then end of a global civilization will come unless the human race wises up.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24714121
United States
09/30/2012 07:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Come on people . . . I know there are a lot of posters here in the DFW metro . . . do you care one bit about what's happening in your communities?!

Or are you more interested in news that involves pissants like Justin Bieber and Lohan . . . ?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24714637
United States
09/30/2012 07:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
All they care about is the money.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24714121
United States
09/30/2012 07:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
All they care about is the money.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24714637

I know money trumps everything but I can't believe that Texas posters here aren't willing to contribute something worthwhile to this thread.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14671049
United States
09/30/2012 09:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've done work for XTO and it really makes me sick to when I see how narrow minded and greedy the corporation and all their employees are. Their staff don't give two shits about any repercussions that fracking has on the environment. They zoom in and out of downtown Fort Worth in these huge SUV's, with big ego's since they get a comfortable wage and feel they're in the in-crowd, then they go home to their 60" flat screen to sip on some light beer and watch the Rangers. The only time they spend in mother nature is on a manicured golf course. These people are the most shallow, disconnected, brain-washed, man-children that I've ever know... it's pretty embarrassing for the human race.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24726089
United States
09/30/2012 10:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've done work for XTO and it really makes me sick to when I see how narrow minded and greedy the corporation and all their employees are. Their staff don't give two shits about any repercussions that fracking has on the environment. They zoom in and out of downtown Fort Worth in these huge SUV's, with big ego's since they get a comfortable wage and feel they're in the in-crowd, then they go home to their 60" flat screen to sip on some light beer and watch the Rangers. The only time they spend in mother nature is on a manicured golf course. These people are the most shallow, disconnected, brain-washed, man-children that I've ever know... it's pretty embarrassing for the human race.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14671049

There's an XTO site not far from where I am. Many of the sites are Chesapeak. DFW Midstream installed the pipelines and I heard they've been cited for some violations, which is alarming, considering the vast area that is affected by these pipelines.

As you had some connection to XTO, if you care to share more info, please do.
PhoenixFromHellWorld
User ID: 18131262
United States
09/30/2012 11:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Texas never had a love affair with mother nature. They regard nature as just stuff to use and take. That seems to be the mind set down there. Wouldn't it be ironic if all that contempt came back at them in a big bad way.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23373564
United States
10/05/2012 12:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
I don't believe many people in the metroplex know just HOW many wells have been drilled and are currently operating, some in violation. And most people have no idea what's involved in fracking and how many chemicals are used in the process, which in turn, contaminate ground and water.

There are also reports coming in of strong petroleum and oil odors, which indicates the release of hydrocarbons into the air.

If anyone is aware of violations, anything being released from the well sites, or abnormal odors, report as soon as possible, keep logs and records, and get involved!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22040349
United States
10/05/2012 12:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
Texan here. OK, I've educated myself to the dangers of fracking. I'm pissed and I want change. What do I do?
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/05/2012 12:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
Texan here. OK, I've educated myself to the dangers of fracking. I'm pissed and I want change. What do I do?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22040349

I too have recently begun to educate myself about this topic, (that website linked above is loaded with information - it's hard to know where to start, but you just have to dig in and begin reading) because I found out how many active wells are within a short radius of my home. I'd be willing to bet that most people have zero idea of just how many wells are close to their property.

I didn't understand fracking until I read about it and I don't know any way that anyone could deny that fracking will contaminate the land and water supply. Not to mention the fact that these huge pipelines are running underground ALL over the place.

Like you, I'm pissed and I'm worried, but . . . the wells have been drilled and are operating and that's not going to change unless the Barnett Shale dries up or something.

I think the best people can do is work together for stricter regulations of the wells that are already in operation, and get involved in protesting further drilling.

One thing I found out is that when anyone encounters the foul odors, there's an agency to call and they will allegedly come out to your property to investigate, and your report is on record.

With so many people reporting various illnesses and symptoms, I wonder if there will be increasing lawsuits or if these companies are somehow exempt/protected from such.

The alternate option is for people to move completely away from drilled areas . . . and THAT is not easy for most people. It's a shame that people's homes and land are being compromised and they're being denied the right to their own space and enjoyment of what should be their safe haven.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/05/2012 12:44 AM
Report Abusive Post

I too have recently begun to educate myself about this topic, (that website linked above is loaded with information - it's hard to know where to start, but you just have to dig in and begin reading) because I found out how many active wells are within a short radius of my home. I'd be willing to bet that most people have zero idea of just how many wells are close to their property.

I didn't understand fracking until I read about it and I don't know any way that anyone could deny that fracking will contaminate the land and water supply. Not to mention the fact that these huge pipelines are running underground ALL over the place.

Like you, I'm pissed and I'm worried, but . . . the wells have been drilled and are operating and that's not going to change unless the Barnett Shale dries up or something.

I think the best people can do is work together for stricter regulations of the wells that are already in operation, and get involved in protesting further drilling.

One thing I found out is that when anyone encounters the foul odors, there's an agency to call and they will allegedly come out to your property to investigate, and your report is on record.

With so many people reporting various illnesses and symptoms, I wonder if there will be increasing lawsuits or if these companies are somehow exempt/protected from such.

The alternate option is for people to move completely away from drilled areas . . . and THAT is not easy for most people. It's a shame that people's homes and land are being compromised and they're being denied the right to their own space and enjoyment of what should be their safe haven.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23373564

So we're talking about protesting. Sorry, that doesn't do shit anymore. Whoever that does whatever learned from the 60's.

Nagging, and causing concern over a lawsuit is more applicable. We're getting closer to the source of the matter.

No offence meant, but you might as well be protesting, demonstrating or rioting at a military campaign. They know that fracking causes earthquakes. They don't care.

If you're a parent, how do you stop a child from throwing a tantrum? Imagine a fully sentient, quadillianare child that wants the cookies...NOW. With 50000 armed "security" contractors at their beck and call.

I'll do the face painting, and carry a sign at the protest. I can't see how that will stop this issue.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/05/2012 12:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
At best you're lodging a complaint with whatever website will pick up the story, because the MSM won't touch it.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/05/2012 01:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
So we're talking about protesting. Sorry, that doesn't do shit anymore. Whoever that does whatever learned from the 60's.

Nagging, and causing concern over a lawsuit is more applicable. We're getting closer to the source of the matter.

No offence meant, but you might as well be protesting, demonstrating or rioting at a military campaign. They know that fracking causes earthquakes. They don't care.

If you're a parent, how do you stop a child from throwing a tantrum? Imagine a fully sentient, quadillianare child that wants the cookies...NOW. With 50000 armed "security" contractors at their beck and call.

I'll do the face painting, and carry a sign at the protest. I can't see how that will stop this issue.

I know what you mean . . . no, when I said "protesting", I didn't mean face painting (which is so stupid) and sign-carrying . . . I more directly meant participating in organizations that at least try and carry a little weight from a grassroots standpoint, with some political involvement. I agree with you about the signs and protests . . . that's just not that effective, if at all, in 2012.

As I said, people need to call everyone they can if they suspect odors or contamination of ANY kind, make reports, insist on monitors, that kind of thing. And yeah, lawsuits.

I have to say that as activist-minded as I am, and as outraged as I am about the corruption in this industry (and pretty much ALL industries), I often feel like it's a lost cause for all citizens . . . I mentioned that the other option is to move, but even if someone can do that, it begs the question WHERE? Doesn't every place now seem to have some kind of contamination, danger, risk, etc.?

I'm frankly not sure what good citizens are supposed to do anymore . . .

GLP