Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 897 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 187,970
Pageviews Today: 311,759Threads Today: 99Posts Today: 1,943
04:08 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

5 dead after outbreak of fungal meningitis tied to injections, UPDATE, 140 Texans

Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 16845676
United States
10/05/2012 11:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: 5 dead after outbreak of fungal meningitis tied to injections, UPDATE, 140 Texans
On Oct. 1, the New England Compounding Center voluntarily shut down their manufacturing center. During a FDA investigation of the plant, the investigators discovered contaminants in an unopened vial.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21161999

Do you have any links to threads or articles about this?
 Quoting: Mister Obvious

new post
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 16845676
United States
10/05/2012 11:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: 5 dead after outbreak of fungal meningitis tied to injections, UPDATE, 140 Texans
So far, five people have died in this outbreak. Thirty are ill. Kentucky, right now, is lucky enough not to have any cases in the state. But from what WKYT is learning, the company that made the medications is licensed in all 50 states. There is a possibility we could soon find out about more infections.

[link to www.wkyt.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25007691

Wow, thanks for posting this.

CDC and FDA Joint Telebriefing on Investigation of Meningitis Outbreak

[link to www.equities.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5141990
United States
10/05/2012 11:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to online.wsj.com]

snipped;

The New England Compounding Center surrendered its state license to operate on Wednesday, the state health department said.

snipped;

The FDA doesn't approve drugs made by compounding pharmacies. "The professional assurance for sterility is orders of magnitude less than the federal standards for sterility," said Sarah Sellers, a former FDA compliance official who now consults for drug makers on safe manufacturing.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/05/2012 11:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
The FDA doesn't approve drugs made by compounding pharmacies. "The professional assurance for sterility is orders of magnitude less than the federal standards for sterility," said Sarah Sellers, a former FDA compliance official who now consults for drug makers on safe manufacturing.

So if it is below a certain amount the FDA does not bother to check the quality/sterility of the procedure/product? Do I have that right???
Looking Around

User ID: 989322
United States
10/05/2012 11:23 AM

Report Abusive Post
Up to 1,000 Minn. patients may be linked to meningitis outbreak
ST. PAUL, Minn. — The Minnesota Department of Health estimates that as many as 1,000 patients may have received contaminated steroids that have been implicated in a national meningitis outbreak.

Two Twin Cities-based health care groups used steroids from the same product lots that have been linked to the deaths of five patients and 30 illnesses in six states.

[link to minnesota.publicradio.org]
I have been on GLP long time. I'm old and young.. .
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24950264
United States
10/05/2012 11:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
and so many for lumbar injections are probably middle age and older so the immune system is not as good..
David you know Eric Pianka
User ID: 1351603
United States
10/05/2012 11:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
Big Pharma, Baxters and its affiliates, strikes again.
 Quoting: Sungaze_At_Dawn

Sunshine Project. It was all planned. Its very gay.

Pianka means scum on the water in polish.

Here is a bioterrorist that tells you with glee what they plan to do.

BlondeDramaQueen

User ID: 23843226
Germany
10/05/2012 11:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Probably from the flu shot.
Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24216379
United States
10/05/2012 12:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
The culling of the human race has begun.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1443074
United States
10/05/2012 12:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
All of these were epidural / spinal injections were they not? Please confirm, as I had an injection of steroids for back pain (non-epidural) on Monday.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/05/2012 12:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
All of these were epidural / spinal injections were they not? Please confirm, as I had an injection of steroids for back pain (non-epidural) on Monday.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1443074

snipped;

Q: How were people infected?

A: The prime suspect is the steroid shots. Federal officials said that a fungus was found inside one sealed vial of the steroid and other vials also appeared to be contaminated.

Q: Where did the steroid come from?

A: A specialty pharmacy, New England Compounding Center in Framingham, Mass., custom-made the steroid. The company has recalled nearly 17,700 vials. Shipments went to 75 clinics and other facilities in 23 states, but it isn't known how many vials may have been used. U.S. health officials urged doctors not to use any products from the company, which has shut down production.

I'd call if you have a question because everything I've read says it can take up to a month for full on illness to occur.

hf
WishinForTheMission

User ID: 20803614
United States
10/05/2012 12:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
I had to have the same injection last month! I have not had any adverse reactions. Please pray for me that I will not either. I can assure you that will be my last injection. (I have 8 discs out~4back, 4neck) I would like to ask your prayers for that as well. I do not want to have another back surgery, as I had one about 15 or so years ago. I am starting to lose options, but NEVER do I lose faith!hf

This had to be PLACED in that certain steroid medication on purpose!
~~Much Peace, Love, and Light~~Always
Concerning life and death: I embrace both equally!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 942369
United States
10/05/2012 12:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
oxygen / ozone treatment
WishinForTheMission

United States
10/05/2012 12:40 PM
Report Abusive Post

snipped;

Q: How were people infected?

A: The prime suspect is the steroid shots. Federal officials said that a fungus was found inside one sealed vial of the steroid and other vials also appeared to be contaminated.

Q: Where did the steroid come from?

A: A specialty pharmacy, New England Compounding Center in Framingham, Mass., custom-made the steroid. The company has recalled nearly 17,700 vials. Shipments went to 75 clinics and other facilities in 23 states, but it isn't known how many vials may have been used. U.S. health officials urged doctors not to use any products from the company, which has shut down production.

I'd call if you have a question because everything I've read says it can take up to a month for full on illness to occur.

hf
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5141990

Now I am wondering should I call my physician!
ahhhahhhahhh

Nothing to play around with!
WishinForTheMission

United States
10/05/2012 12:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

I do not know where you are located, but perhaps you should call your doctor that gave you the injection: just to be on the safe side!

I was going to have another one come next month for cervical pain, but no way and NOOOO how!

I will pray for you!
CyanAra
User ID: 1351603
United States
10/05/2012 12:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24216379

Has begun? Oh that's funny.

I show you pretty picture of lights out earth.

wiede
User ID: 24985145
United States
10/05/2012 12:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Omg I'm in nc I got a lumbar steroid injection on Tuesday and I'm now freaking out. I thought it was dirty needles at a specific clinic.
tacolibre
User ID: 24633721
Mexico
10/05/2012 01:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is a terrible disease and generally this form of it is rare. I lost my sister to this nasty little ailment.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5542489
United States
10/05/2012 01:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well, there better not be any more people injected with this after this recall! I hope the providers are on their toes about pulling the stuff.
 Quoting: Bluebird

Shit I'm scheduled for one of those lumbar injections in a couple weeks. Think I may cancel it. (California)
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/05/2012 01:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
I had to have the same injection last month! I have not had any adverse reactions. Please pray for me that I will not either. I can assure you that will be my last injection. (I have 8 discs out~4back, 4neck) I would like to ask your prayers for that as well. I do not want to have another back surgery, as I had one about 15 or so years ago. I am starting to lose options, but NEVER do I lose faith!hf

This had to be PLACED in that certain steroid medication on purpose!
 Quoting: WishinForTheMission

Yes will pray for you. Nobody understands the true level of pain this can cause until it happens to them -- now there is relief on the horizon, and it gets poisoned. : ( Praying for everyone affected.
Plane

User ID: 22509253
Norway
10/05/2012 01:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: KoFFee_

this !! i know meningitas is spreading. not only usa.
also west nile virus has similar symptoms. it could be new stuff, same symptoms, they only give random symptom matching name for the relatives of the dead.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16999455
United States
10/05/2012 01:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ween - Spinal Meningitis (Got Me Down)

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24687025
United States
10/05/2012 01:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
what are these injections and why are so many people getting them? What are they supposed to cure/prevent?

Everyone should start eating raw garlic. Garlic bread is nice, and on meat. And lightly, maybe once a day, sniff Tinactin powder (in a spray can), which will send the antifungal close to the brain; drop peroxide into the ears; wash mouth with peroxide; swallow a few drops; wipe eyes with peroxide, squirt a wee bit up nose before Tinactin.

Here is more, which i just found yesterday. It sounded good so i saved it:

Fungus infection:
Consume 2 to 4 g of fresh garlic per day, or take 600 to 1,200 mg daily of a garlic supplement, in divided doses, suggests the University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC). Allicin, a compound in garlic, has antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties, and garlic helps strengthen the immune system.

Step 2
Take 0.7 mg per kg of your body weight daily of lemongrass oil, recommends Drugs.com. There is no suggested dosage for lemongrass because of the lack of studies, but this herb is regarded as safe by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. You can also make lemongrass tea from the dried leaves and drink it daily.

Step 3
Take 300 to 400 mg of German chamomile tablets, 3 times daily, says the UMMC. Drinking chamomile tea made from 2 to 4 g of the herb in 1 cup of boiling water may be consumed 3 to 4 times a day between meals as another option. Though this herb is best known for its calming effects, it also possesses antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties.

Step 4
Consume 2 to 4 mL of a 1:5 rosemary tincture, 3 times a day. The UMMC states that this herb has traditionally been used medicinally and has antifungal and antimicrobial properties. You can also add it as a spice in your meals.

Read more: [link to www.livestrong.com]
Minnie Kitty

User ID: 7680262
United States
10/05/2012 01:55 PM
Report Abusive Post

i had a steroid injection in my knee tuesday ,,,

gee i hope it was different stuff
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/05/2012 01:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
what are these injections and why are so many people getting them? What are they supposed to cure/prevent?

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24687025

Back injury or severe arthritis. I agree with you about natural treatments but no amount of garlic etc. will help a vertebra that is bone-on-bone with all the cartilage gone, or slipped out of position and impinging on the nerve or otherwise damaged, or if someone is born with their spinal cord twisted.
Behcetssucks

User ID: 3394536
United States
10/05/2012 01:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is a terrible disease and generally this form of it is rare. I lost my sister to this nasty little ailment.
 Quoting: tacolibre 24633721

Sorry about your sister :(
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/05/2012 02:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.cdc.gov]
snipped;

Is fungal meningitis common after epidural injections?
Epidural injections are generally very safe procedures, and complications are rare. Fungal meningitis is an extremely rare cause of meningitis overall, including after epidural injections. The type of epidural medication given to patients affected by this outbreak is not the same type of medication as that given to women during childbirth.

What are the symptoms of fungal meningitis?
Symptoms of fungal meningitis are similar to symptoms of other forms of meningitis, however they often appear more gradually and can be very mild at first. In addition to typical meningitis symptoms, like headache, fever, nausea, and stiffness of the neck, people with fungal meningitis may also experience confusion, dizziness, and discomfort from bright lights. Patients might just have one or two of these symptoms.

IMO epidural steriod injections only and I would call regardless due to the gradual appearance of symptoms.

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23487446
United States
10/05/2012 02:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
At least 737 people who received lumbar epidural steroid injections between July 30 and Sept. 20 have been notified of the cluster of rare aspergillus meningitis infections

[link to hisz.rsoe.hu]

Quoting: Goofy for God

That is A LOT of people.

This is a high cost ; long term problem for those suffering from back pain

a lot of people suffer and a lot of insurance dollars are used up

over back pain I am sure
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23487446
United States
10/05/2012 02:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24216379

Yep

they start with the disabled high dollar ones first
closing eyes

User ID: 24721119
United States
10/05/2012 02:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
At least 737 people who received lumbar epidural steroid injections between July 30 and Sept. 20 have been notified of the cluster of rare aspergillus meningitis infections

[link to hisz.rsoe.hu]

Quoting: Goofy for God

That is A LOT of people.

Lovely, I have recieved those injections in that time period in Ca. I would already be sick or dead right?
If you woke up breathing, you have another chance!

GLP