Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,469 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 221,104
Pageviews Today: 363,931Threads Today: 116Posts Today: 2,119
05:21 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

5 dead after outbreak of fungal meningitis tied to injections, UPDATE, 140 Texans

Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 16845676
United States
10/05/2012 02:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: 5 dead after outbreak of fungal meningitis tied to injections, UPDATE, 140 Texans
I had to have the same injection last month! I have not had any adverse reactions. Please pray for me that I will not either. I can assure you that will be my last injection. (I have 8 discs out~4back, 4neck) I would like to ask your prayers for that as well. I do not want to have another back surgery, as I had one about 15 or so years ago. I am starting to lose options, but NEVER do I lose faith!hf

This had to be PLACED in that certain steroid medication on purpose!
 Quoting: WishinForTheMission

angel3PRAYING
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/05/2012 02:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: 5 dead after outbreak of fungal meningitis tied to injections, UPDATE, 140 Texans
At least 737 people who received lumbar epidural steroid injections between July 30 and Sept. 20 have been notified of the cluster of rare aspergillus meningitis infections

[link to hisz.rsoe.hu]

Quoting: Goofy for God

That is A LOT of people.
 Quoting: Mister Obvious

Lovely, I have recieved those injections in that time period in Ca. I would already be sick or dead right?
 Quoting: closing eyes

I would suggest to any and all that had shots call your Dr.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/05/2012 02:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Oh My people if you really had the shots so to Dr
Infected patients have presented approximately 1 to 4 weeks following their injection with a variety of symptoms, including fever, new or worsening headache, nausea, and new neurological deficit (consistent with deep brain stroke).

Approximately 1 to 4 weeks following their injection

[link to www.cdc.gov]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/05/2012 02:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well, there better not be any more people injected with this after this recall! I hope the providers are on their toes about pulling the stuff.
 Quoting: Bluebird

Shit I'm scheduled for one of those lumbar injections in a couple weeks. Think I may cancel it. (California)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5542489

yes till this is cleared up
snarkModerator
Forum Administrator

User ID: 6788036
United States
10/05/2012 03:06 PM

Report Abusive Post
I had spinal injections at this clinic in Nashville 2 years ago. Guess I dodged a bullet-- they didn't help me, unfortunately.

Last Edited by snark on 10/05/2012 03:06 PM
T For Texas, T For Tennessee!

The virtue of courage is a prerequisite for the practice of all other virtues, because otherwise one is virtuous only when virtue has no cost. There are times when something needs to be done, and yet we know that if we step up and do this needful thing, we will pay a heavy personal price. -C.S. Lewis
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25022030
United States
10/05/2012 03:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
I had a spinal inject last Thursday so I'm kind of nervous about it. My office says that they do not use the pharmacy where this fungus-tainted steroid came out but who knows if they're actually telling the truth. I hate to hear about all of those people getting meningitis.
Sleeping Giant

User ID: 543618
United States
10/05/2012 03:38 PM

Report Abusive Post
@BreakingNews Centers for Disease Control: Number of confirmed US fungal meningitis cases rises to 47 in 7 states; no new deaths
Wake up, oh sleeper, and rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you
Julie Graham
User ID: 25023205
Ireland
10/05/2012 03:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
When are people going to wake up and realise that all those vacinations that are being pushed on people are deliberate attempts to lower the population of the world and this (health) strategy will esclate as time goes by. People should refuse any vacinations that are being pushed. The recent bird flu and other such "illnesses" were part of this policy and we are in the unfortunate position now in the world that we can't trust our Health professionals, Drug companies etc anymore to provide a healthcare programme. There are crises created and then the "solutions" are what they want us to think of as the solution but in effect it is their way of foisting such things on us a poisonous vacinations.
[googlevid]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23487446
United States
10/05/2012 04:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
When are people going to wake up and realise that all those vacinations that are being pushed on people are deliberate attempts to lower the population of the world and this (health) strategy will esclate as time goes by. People should refuse any vacinations that are being pushed. The recent bird flu and other such "illnesses" were part of this policy and we are in the unfortunate position now in the world that we can't trust our Health professionals, Drug companies etc anymore to provide a healthcare programme. There are crises created and then the "solutions" are what they want us to think of as the solution but in effect it is their way of foisting such things on us a poisonous vacinations.
[googlevid]
 Quoting: Julie Graham 25023205

It is not from a vaccination on this one

lumbar epidural injections are steroids shot into the area

medication

Vaccinations are evil as well

I say, just seek natural remedies

and don't play with the devil's medicine
Krazy Effin Ivan
User ID: 11691423
United States
10/05/2012 04:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Not good to find contaminated sealed vials in the reatains at Mfg. IMO should never happen. Somehow the checks to keep this from happening didn't get done right or someone did it. QC should have caught this before it went out at least.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/05/2012 04:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
"Out of an abundance of caution, we advise all health care practitioners not to use any product" from the company, said Ilisa Bernstein, director of compliance for the FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research.

New England Compounding Center is a type of pharmacy that mixes ingredients for customised medicines. The steroid in question was three lots of methylprednisolone acetate from the firm.

[link to www.bbc.co.uk]

abduct
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25007691
United States
10/05/2012 04:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
At least 737 people who received lumbar epidural steroid injections between July 30 and Sept. 20 have been notified of the cluster of rare aspergillus meningitis infections

[link to hisz.rsoe.hu]

That is A LOT of people.

This is a high cost ; long term problem for those suffering from back pain

a lot of people suffer and a lot of insurance dollars are used up

over back pain I am sure
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23487446

Way more than 737.This number was just in one location.

At one clinic in Evansville, Ind., more than 500 patients got shots from the suspect lots, officials said. At two clinics in Tennessee, more than 900 patients — perhaps many more — did.
[link to www.msnbc.msn.com]

This isnt including other states.
Texan Buckeye

User ID: 1533753
United States
10/05/2012 04:42 PM

Report Abusive Post
Does anyone know if people have come down with the new meningitis WITHOUT the injection? I haven't read or heard that they have, just wondering how far it's spread.
Amy_A

User ID: 16982804
United States
10/05/2012 04:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
A dozen people have been sickened and two have died after an outbreak of fungal meningitis tied to injections given at outpatient surgical centers in Tennessee and North Carolina, health officials said. At least 737 people who received lumbar epidural steroid injections between July 30 and Sept. 20 have been notified of the cluster of rare aspergillus meningitis infections

[link to hisz.rsoe.hu]

damned

So far, five people have died in this outbreak. Thirty are ill. Kentucky, right now, is lucky enough not to have any cases in the state. But from what WKYT is learning, the company that made the medications is licensed in all 50 states. There is a possibility we could soon find out about more infections.
 Quoting: [link to www.wkyt.com]

How in the hell does a fungus found in soil and fecal matter make its way into a fucking vaccine? Sounds fishy.
 Quoting: SaveUSa

I dont know but I am beginning to wonder if we arent under an attack.Everything from West Nile to whooping cough to flesh eating,etc seems to be on steroids this year.Now this fungus from a steroid shot that has not reasonable way possible that it should be in an injection to start with.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25007691

This has been happening for decades. Notice the chemical poisoned foods, GMO's, tainted water, greyed out skies. This latest round of disease and infections is just another cycle to scare us and cause us to worry daily. They do this all the time and they have been for years. A few people are starting to ask questions, which is a good thing. Problem is most don't notice. They are too worried in making that fake colorful talisman.

Peace
Amy
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25007691
United States
10/05/2012 04:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
First Tennessee Meningitis Fatality May Have Been Kentucky Judge
The family of a Kentucky judge confirmed to LEX 18 Friday that they believe the likely first fatality from a fungal meningitis outbreak currently happening in Tennessee and other states was Kentucky Circuit Court Judge Eddie C. Lovelace.

The story was reported Friday morning in The Tennessean. The paper said that in July and August, Lovelace received three rounds of the pain-relieving steroid injections suspected of causing the outbreak of the rare disease, according to Joyce Lovelace, his wife.

[link to www.lex18.com]
Daniel of the Rose

User ID: 15114131
United States
10/05/2012 04:55 PM

Report Abusive Post

[link to hisz.rsoe.hu]

That is A LOT of people.

and deliberate too.
rainrosefaithtrue
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24940247
United Kingdom
10/05/2012 04:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Meningococcal disease is a serious bacterial illness, which includes meningococcal meningitis (an infection of the protective layer surrounding the brain and spinal cord) and septicemia (blood poisoning).

Meningitis can cause the meninges, or membranes around the brain or spinal cord, to get dangerously inflamed, potentially causing brain damage. Septicemia involves a rapid spread of disease toxins throughout the bloodstream, resulting in dangerously low blood pressure and multiple organ failure.1-4 Together, they create a deadly, quickly worsening disease that may be hard to diagnose, especially in its early stages.2,3 Meningococcal disease can take the life of an otherwise healthy child in 24 hours.6,7
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9231012
United States
10/05/2012 04:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
Nice, Pharma-doom.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2042563

Nice way to trim some of the population down.
Only bad thing is I believe this shot is mostly for kids, teens and college aged people.

I'm 53 and I don't recall ever getting one, I haven't had any shots for the last 13 years except for a nasal pneumonia inoculation mist (lasts 5 years).
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13952584
United States
10/05/2012 06:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
But vaccines are never dangerous! Go ahead, lets inject some junk in your veins!
Skin Suit

User ID: 22870849
United States
10/05/2012 07:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
William burroughs right again!

5a

Junkie rule #1.

Noone sticks a needle in my arm with an unknown substance but me.
soulsurvivor

User ID: 25031418
United States
10/05/2012 07:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
It is NOT a vaccine. It's a pain relief therapy for people who experience pain due to ruptured discs in the spine. The injection is given as a shot into the spine during outpatient therapy at hospital clinics while under sedation. The shot is a combination of steroid meds that are injected directly into the nerves of the spine to numb the pain. The effects last about 8 weeks.
ceawaves

User ID: 23342686
Germany
10/05/2012 07:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Big Pharma, Baxters and its affiliates, strikes again.
 Quoting: Sungaze_At_Dawn

Pharmaceutical Jihad.
betty189

User ID: 24524819
United States
10/05/2012 09:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
If something horrific like this can happen,what the hell is gonna be the next medical horror coming? wtf
:)
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/06/2012 07:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
FORT WORTH -- More than 110 people in Tarrant County received steroid injections tainted by a rare strain of meningitis, and the number of patients injected at a Dallas County clinic was still being calculated on Friday.

This is growing a a alarming rate abduct

[link to www.wfaa.com]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/06/2012 07:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
“We're encouraging those patients to contact Dallas Back Pain Management if they've been to the facility within the last two months,” said Zach Thompson with Dallas County Health & Human Services.

[link to www.wfaa.com]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/06/2012 07:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Fungal Meningitis Symptoms: What You Need To Know

[link to venice.patch.com]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/06/2012 07:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Pennsylvania has no authority to halt tainted steroid shots from Mass.
License not required here for out-of-state drug manufacturers

Read more: [link to old.post-gazette.com]

damned
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/06/2012 07:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
If a Massachusetts pharmacy had not halted its shipment of steroid shots that have killed five people, Pennsylvania could not have stopped the distribution.

Pennsylvania, Georgia and Massachusetts are the only states that don't require out-of-state drug manufacturers to be licensed before they ship drugs within their borders.

This is very scary stuff, that we live in a healthcare system that this is allowed
ceawaves

User ID: 23342686
Germany
10/06/2012 10:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
If a Massachusetts pharmacy had not halted its shipment of steroid shots that have killed five people, Pennsylvania could not have stopped the distribution.

Pennsylvania, Georgia and Massachusetts are the only states that don't require out-of-state drug manufacturers to be licensed before they ship drugs within their borders.

This is very scary stuff, that we live in a healthcare system that this is allowed

It's not 'healthcare' any more only deathcare..you would truly not believe what's happening that people aren't even aware of.
The short versions:
One man had that bacteria infection.He was in the hospital with it, the new policies for 0bamacare kicked in, he could only stay in the hospital for so many days, they sent him home, now he going to lose his leg.

One teenage girl got this freak stuff, it's all over her face now, been fighting it for months..

My own mother (father also but her's is worse right now), has had some sort of rash since after the BP spill, (zone one) they can't figure out what it is, so they're claiming,(many different doctors) they kept on a on insisting she had a bone marrow test.. I highly objected to it.. Did everything i could to even begged, shouted, and had a fit, all to no avail... well they gave her one.. week ago, last Saturday she started hurting, big knot came up around the site area, She started running real high temp. we took her to the hospital they gave her an iv. Next day the Dr. who did the B/M test wanted to see her, she took a blood sample,(one at the hospital showed nothing) they called her yesterday an said she now has some sort of a bacteria blood infection, they don't even know what it is yet..She got that from the bone marrow test.
My mother just called, as im writing this up, my niece who is 5 years old has come down with shingles, she had the chicken pox shot, Don't tell me its not better for those kids to go ahead an have the real chicken pox, never heard of a child with shingles, and it only gets worse, another little girl, my sister-in-laws niece, has been having a problem almost a year now,first claimed it was some sort of unknown bacteria in her bones, they told her yesterday the child could either have leukemia or some sort of bone cancer, she's 9 years old. They are killing us off by slow an painful murders..

Believe this is happening all over the country, 0bamacare is nothing but Deathcare. If the poisons don't kill them the 'curing' will..

This is kinda off topic.. excuse me, just needed to vent.. feel so powerless about all this.

Last Edited by ceawaves on 10/06/2012 10:37 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6206126
United States
10/06/2012 02:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
We have a case in Kentucky now but they are saying the lady didnt have the shots.Since its the same type wonder how she contacted it.

Kentucky woman diagnosed with Fungal Meningitis

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WYMT) - What started as a bad headache one month ago, led to something much more serious for a young Kentucky woman.

It wasn't until her daughter suffered a stroke did doctors refer her to UK Hospital.
Where on the first day, doctors tested, then diagnosed her with Fungal Meningitis.

"They have done a marvelous job here, but sadly, they said the damage was already done," she said. "They told me to be hopeful, but it's unlikely my daughter will pull through."

According to the Center for Disease Control Fungal Meningitis is not transmitted from person to person. People at risk acquire the infection usually by inhaling fungal spores from the environment. It is found primarily in soil or bird/bat droppings in the Midwestern United States, although it can be seen in other places. People with certain medical conditions like diabetes, cancer, or HIV are at higher risk of infection.

WYMT wants our viewers to know (Tabatha's) case is not related to the Fungal Meningitis scare stemming from steroid shots in neighboring states.

[link to www.wkyt.com]

GLP