sounds like a maytag commercial
flashlight

User ID: 3367996
United States
10/02/2012 02:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Jesus is Coming Back for His Bride without Spot or Wrinkle
And I challenge you to show how you would have known about Jesus without the Bible, or known what he taught that wasn't changed or omitted or embellished by each generation of believers.

Quoting: Keep2theCode

Manichaeism.
 Quoting: flashlight

Has no authority as coming from God. Remember that even while Jesus and the apostles lived, false teachers abounded. Manichaeism has more to do with Augustine's errors, which were in turn picked up and run with by Calvin.

Yet surely you see the irony of appealing to yet another teaching you wouldn't know about without it being written down.

Oh ok so some people decided to pick and choose who has authority and who doesnt?

Only reason why St. Augustine converted from Manichaeism is because it was going to be outlawed.
I am a disciple of my mind.
Keep2theCode

User ID: 20545539
United States
10/02/2012 02:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Oh ok so some people decided to pick and choose who has authority and who doesnt?

Like you do?
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal. 4:16)
flashlight

United States
10/02/2012 02:19 PM
Report Abusive Post

Like you do?

Exactly. I look at all sources and don't limit myself to the books Constantine allowed into the bible.
KoFFee_  (OP)

User ID: 4376689
United States
10/02/2012 02:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
The competitive spirit in us drives us to compare and to complain.

Contentment is hard to attain--it is not natural for any of us.

When I face difficulties, I trust in God and He teaches me to be content in every predicament.

What a wonderful Savior!
However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task
the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace. Acts 20:24

"This man really is the Savior of the world!" John 4:42

Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him;
and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.
I am the Alpha and the Omega, " says the Lord God, who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty." Revelation 1:7
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1018225
United States
10/02/2012 02:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
So you have faith in the book being the word of God completely unchanged and preserved as it was originally written?
Do you find it odd that Jesus did not take the time to write any of the books with his own hand?
Who would be more suited to immortalize the will of God than Jesus himself?
If God wanted us to carry around a book and use it as the final judgement of right and wrong Jesus would have said something about that right?
The only way to truly follow Jesus is to follow him and live as he did.
Believing in a book is not believing in Jesus or his God, it is the same thing as believing in a golden calf.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1018225

I have confidence in the scholarship that has judge the Bible to be historically accurate and possessing the highest degree of likelihood of fidelity to the originals. The two Testaments of course have different levels of support, as do individual books in each.

Jesus never corrected the OT or cast doubt upon it as coming from God. The reason he didn't write the NT is because he was here in person, and proved himself the Messiah in many ways, not the least of which is rising from the dead. The Gospels are simply the historical account of Jesus' life, while the rest of the NT is composed of the early history of the church (Acts), prophecy (Revelation), and letters to individual churches facing a variety of problems and needing to know how to respond to them.

I don't find that odd in the slightest.

And I challenge you to show how you would have known about Jesus without the Bible, or known what he taught that wasn't changed or omitted or embellished by each generation of believers. The written words, being so close to the first century, are what prevents the oft-cited "telephone game" problem.

And you might want to reconsider calling the Word of God an idol, since it is the One who inspired the words that makes the Bible authoritative.

Historically the first churches were started by people who knew Jesus directly.
Historically the books of the new testament were not all in use by any of the early churches.
The early churches all were considered separate and each had different sets of scriptures.
Historically a roman emperor ordered a council to unite all of the churches.
This unified church was the roman catholic church.
The roman catholic church is the force who dictated what books were included in the new testament.
All other current Christian churches have spawned from the catholic church, mostly from the efforts of the first protestants.
The catholic church glorifies Mary almost more than Jesus.
If the heathen Bible of the roman empire had not been created the original christian churches would still survive to this day.
All would know Jesus in a more personal way than as words in the heathen Bible.
flashlight

United States
10/02/2012 02:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
During the first three hundred years after Jesus’ death, there was a split in Christianity. This was at a time when Emperor Constantine chose Christianity as the state religion of the Roman Empire. In both versions of Christianity, the trinity (Father, Son and Holy Ghost) was used to express the basic principles of the religion. In each version, the Father represented consciousness, the Son reason or thinking, and the Holy Ghost represented creativity (a piece of God within you).

The “Gnostic” Christians (i.e. Manichaeism) believed that thinking was a process used by consciousness to communicate and to plan your activities, etc. It must always be balanced with creativity so that the thinking process does not become rigid.

This was expressed as “The Bridal Chamber”, in which the bride (creativity) and groom (thinking) were united and balanced within the larger space of the room (pure consciousness). And so they explained that the Father “begets” the “Son” and is not the same as the “Son”.

The “Apostolic” Christians believed that thinking is the same as consciousness – that there is no other state of consciousness than thinking. Creativity is also thinking. Everything is thinking. They expressed this as the Son IS the Father or “Jesus is God”.

Emperor Constantine called for a conference in the city of Nicaea in 323 AD to settle these differences. The emperor set himself up as the moderator. Now, using our thinking minds to good advantage, which version would an empire, needing to keep control over vast numbers of people of many different cultures, choose as the “correct” version of Christianity? If thinking was the only version of consciousness considered legitimate, and the Roman Empire and the Apostolics provided a list of approved thoughts, then that inconvenient factor of creativity could be eliminated.

It is easier to control people whose minds all conform. To this day it is hard to convince people that there is another state of consciousness other than thinking. The state of consciousness which is controlled by the thinking process is one dimensional. Each thought follows the other, one by one.

Last Edited by flashlight on 10/02/2012 02:23 PM
Keep2theCode

United States
10/02/2012 02:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

Like you do?

Exactly. I look at all sources and don't limit myself to the books Constantine allowed into the bible.

Same thing I do. And no, Constantine did not invent the canon, but merely wanted the churches to make it official.

But you missed my point: you too accept as true or authoritative ancient writings, yet you think that only the Bible is to be rejected or that anyone who accepts it is worshiping it. Double standard.
Keep2theCode

United States
10/02/2012 02:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Historically the books of the new testament were not all in use by any of the early churches.
The early churches all were considered separate and each had different sets of scriptures.
The roman catholic church is the force who dictated what books were included in the new testament.
All other current Christian churches have spawned from the catholic church, mostly from the efforts of the first protestants.
If the heathen Bible of the roman empire had not been created the original christian churches would still survive to this day.

I don't know what sources you're using, but the churches did NOT have separate scriptures. They were united in following "the teachings of the apostles", and the letters were shared among them so each one knew what was written to the others. Their unity was not by a human central authority but by the Holy Spirit.

And again, people who denounce the Bible will answer for it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16845676
United States
10/02/2012 02:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Why are you pushing religion on a conspiracy site? You do realize that you're pushing this on people who have the ability to critically think, right?

It is the most important subject regarding your soul.

Time is short and you must know the truth.

There are a lot of other things I could "push", but when the end of your life comes, the choice you made regarding your belief in God, is what will truly matter.

I'm not the first to say, if you don't like topics like this, simply choose not to click on the thread.

:luv2:
 Quoting: KoFFee_

hfIt is our soul purpose is to help save souls-thanks KoFFee
flashlight

United States
10/02/2012 02:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

Like you do?

Same thing I do. And no, Constantine did not invent the canon, but merely wanted the churches to make it official.

But you missed my point: you too accept as true or authoritative ancient writings, yet you think that only the Bible is to be rejected or that anyone who accepts it is worshiping it. Double standard.

Now you're just making assumptions. I accept all ancient writings.

I don't think that only the Bible is to be rejected or that anyone who accepts it is worshipping it. What nonsense.

You're right, Constantine didn't invent the Canon, but it was under his authority that the Catholic church created it.
808fate
User ID: 1588516
United States
10/02/2012 02:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
So you have faith in the book being the word of God completely unchanged and preserved as it was originally written?
Do you find it odd that Jesus did not take the time to write any of the books with his own hand?
Who would be more suited to immortalize the will of God than Jesus himself?
If God wanted us to carry around a book and use it as the final judgement of right and wrong Jesus would have said something about that right?
The only way to truly follow Jesus is to follow him and live as he did.
Believing in a book is not believing in Jesus or his God, it is the same thing as believing in a golden calf.

I have confidence in the scholarship that has judge the Bible to be historically accurate and possessing the highest degree of likelihood of fidelity to the originals. The two Testaments of course have different levels of support, as do individual books in each.

Jesus never corrected the OT or cast doubt upon it as coming from God. The reason he didn't write the NT is because he was here in person, and proved himself the Messiah in many ways, not the least of which is rising from the dead. The Gospels are simply the historical account of Jesus' life, while the rest of the NT is composed of the early history of the church (Acts), prophecy (Revelation), and letters to individual churches facing a variety of problems and needing to know how to respond to them.

I don't find that odd in the slightest.

And I challenge you to show how you would have known about Jesus without the Bible, or known what he taught that wasn't changed or omitted or embellished by each generation of believers. The written words, being so close to the first century, are what prevents the oft-cited "telephone game" problem.

And you might want to reconsider calling the Word of God an idol, since it is the One who inspired the words that makes the Bible authoritative.

I have no problem with the Bible. It doesn't bother me in the least bit, including antything that people try to prove as contradictory. It's an inspired book, no doubt about that. I think the confusion comes in when people call the Bible the Word of God. Jesus in fact is the Word of God. The Bible points us to Jesus, it's about Jesus. And this is the exact thing that I thought the OP was touching on, that it's about Jesus, and when we argue about this and that or about you're right / I'm right, we begin to miss the whole point...Jesus.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8640456
United States
10/02/2012 02:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Coming to a neighborhood near you....

Jesus!

peaceanaanaanaanaana
Keep2theCode

United States
10/02/2012 02:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
During the first three hundred years after Jesus’ death, there was a split in Christianity. This was at a time when Emperor Constantine chose Christianity as the state religion of the Roman Empire. In both versions of Christianity, the trinity (Father, Son and Holy Ghost) was used to express the basic principles of the religion. In each version, the Father represented consciousness, the Son reason or thinking, and the Holy Ghost represented creativity (a piece of God within you).

The “Gnostic” Christians (i.e. Manichaeism) believed that thinking was a process used by consciousness to communicate and to plan your activities, etc. It must always be balanced with creativity so that the thinking process does not become rigid.

This was expressed as “The Bridal Chamber”, in which the bride (creativity) and groom (thinking) were united and balanced within the larger space of the room (pure consciousness). And so they explained that the Father “begets” the “Son” and is not the same as the “Son”.

The “Apostolic” Christians believed that thinking is the same as consciousness – that there is no other state of consciousness than thinking. Creativity is also thinking. Everything is thinking. They expressed this as the Son IS the Father or “Jesus is God”.

Emperor Constantine called for a conference in the city of Nicaea in 323 AD to settle these differences. The emperor set himself up as the moderator. Now, using our thinking minds to good advantage, which version would an empire, needing to keep control over vast numbers of people of many different cultures, choose as the “correct” version of Christianity? If thinking was the only version of consciousness considered legitimate, and the Roman Empire and the Apostolics provided a list of approved thoughts, then that inconvenient factor of creativity could be eliminated.

It is easier to control people whose minds all conform. To this day it is hard to convince people that there is another state of consciousness other than thinking. The state of consciousness which is controlled by the thinking process is one dimensional. Each thought follows the other, one by one.

Why do you only start with Constantine? Read Philip Schaff's history and see how the roots of falsehood were planted at least a hundred years earlier, such that Constantine only put the official Roman stamp of approval on what the churches had already held to be true. And your reinterpretations of concepts derived from the scriptures themselves are not Constantine's invention either. ADDED: Gnosticism was opposed by the apostles.

I've read the history, and you need to go back farther.

Last Edited by Keep2theCode on 10/02/2012 02:31 PM
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/02/2012 02:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
If not for the Bible and all you had were stories of the man from Galilee, what would you do to be right with God?
Just think about it let the thought digest and God will shine a light on you, and make you a light unto the world.
flashlight

United States
10/02/2012 02:31 PM
Report Abusive Post

I don't know what sources you're using, but the churches did NOT have separate scriptures. They were united in following "the teachings of the apostles", and the letters were shared among them so each one knew what was written to the others. Their unity was not by a human central authority but by the Holy Spirit.

And again, people who denounce the Bible will answer for it.

Yeah they had seperate scriptures. I don't know what sources YOU are using.

"people who denounce the Bible will answer for it" - Don't judge me. Typical Christian.
flashlight

United States
10/02/2012 02:32 PM
Report Abusive Post

Why do you only start with Constantine? Read Philip Schaff's history and see how the roots of falsehood were planted at least a hundred years earlier, such that Constantine only put the official Roman stamp of approval on what the churches had already held to be true. And your reinterpretations of concepts derived from the scriptures themselves are not Constantine's invention either. ADDED: Gnosticism was opposed by the apostles.

I've read the history, and you need to go back farther.

You need to keep on reading then. You completely missed the point.
T Ceti H.C. Radnarg

User ID: 24625914
United States
10/02/2012 02:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
By all means follow Jesus.
Following a book and looking to it for answers is not following Jesus and looking to God for answers.
Following Jesus because you fear going to hell is like promoting abortions to preserve life.
Follow Jesus because you love him and his father or you are wasting your time.
The living word is the word of God, and when you preach do not plan your speech as the heathens who speak to glorify themselves, but let God tell you what to say at the time you begin speaking.
Pointing to a book and saying I believe in this is not looking to Jesus and saying I believe in him.
doesn't the word say to follow -the spirit-? again souls forget a lot especially who they are and what speaks out of arks ...

Last Edited by T Ceti H.C. Radnarg on 10/02/2012 02:35 PM
How unfortunate for some rulers when men,women,and children continue to think... Keep repeating the lies loud enough and long enough and just maybe the people will start to believe the lies again and good luck with that...finding your energy open until mars becomes raging aries...
flashlight

United States
10/02/2012 02:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Following a book and looking to it for answers is not following Jesus and looking to God for answers.
Following Jesus because you fear going to hell is like promoting abortions to preserve life.
The living word is the word of God, and when you preach do not plan your speech as the heathens who speak to glorify themselves, but let God tell you what to say at the time you begin speaking.
Pointing to a book and saying I believe in this is not looking to Jesus and saying I believe in him.
doesn't the word say to follow -the spirit-?
 Quoting: T Ceti H.C. Radnarg

THIS
Keep2theCode

United States
10/02/2012 02:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have no problem with the Bible. It doesn't bother me in the least bit, including antything that people try to prove as contradictory. It's an inspired book, no doubt about that. I think the confusion comes in when people call the Bible the Word of God. Jesus in fact is the Word of God. The Bible points us to Jesus, it's about Jesus. And this is the exact thing that I thought the OP was touching on, that it's about Jesus, and when we argue about this and that or about you're right / I'm right, we begin to miss the whole point...Jesus.
 Quoting: 808fate 1588516

If it's inspired, it's the Word of God. Yes, Jesus is the Word, but only John uses that term for Him, and the inspiration of the scriptures is affirmed by the apostles such as Peter, who even called Paul's writing "scripture".

Jesus is indeed the point, but we only know that because of the written record of his life. The "teachings of the apostles" were what the first believers followed as well, because they were trained by Jesus Himself and thus could speak/write authoritatively. So it's important to know what the Bible does, and does not, say, to prevent false teachings that nullify or hide the only Way, Truth, and Life.

People have died for love of the written Word; to say this is wrong is to insult their sacrifice.
Keep2theCode

United States
10/02/2012 02:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
"If you love me, keep my commandments."

-- Jesus
Keep2theCode

United States
10/02/2012 02:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

No, I think you missed the point and need to keep reading.

Jesus is my Savior and my God, with whom I commune 24/7, and whose return I await eagerly. If that isn't good enough for you, then you truly have missed the most important point of all.
flashlight

United States
10/02/2012 02:39 PM
Report Abusive Post

-- Jesus

"Whoever drinks from my mouth will become like me; I myself shall become that person, and the hidden things will be revealed to him."

Gospel of Thomas
flashlight

United States
10/02/2012 02:39 PM
Report Abusive Post

No, I think you missed the point and need to keep reading.

Jesus is my Savior and my God, with whom I commune 24/7, and whose return I await eagerly. If that isn't good enough for you, then you truly have missed the most important point of all.

No, the point is that religion is control. You are not a slave.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19279205
United States
10/02/2012 02:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13039567
United States
10/02/2012 02:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Why are you pushing religion on a conspiracy site? You do realize that you're pushing this on people who have the ability to critically think, right?

I can speak from personal experience that I came to God and Jesus Christ after thinking critically. Take a look at the world we live in and tell me the Devil isn't running the show. Take a gander at free masons/ufos/occult/and conspiracy in general. It all leads to demons... Just look at the signs hidden in plain sight.
Keep2theCode

United States
10/02/2012 02:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

-- Jesus

"Whoever drinks from my mouth will become like me; I myself shall become that person, and the hidden things will be revealed to him."

Gospel of Thomas

I don't care what the so-called gospel of Thomas has written in it. I also don't know how you can't see the double standard of appealing to ancient writings while trashing the Bible because it's merely an ancient writing.

Clearly we aren't communicating. At all.
T Ceti H.C. Radnarg

User ID: 24625914
United States
10/02/2012 02:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
doesn't the word say to follow -the spirit-?
 Quoting: T Ceti H.C. Radnarg

THIS
poor lost souls who forget their spirit and that we who share the spirit have authority over the creation...that sea of forgetfulness gets us every time we incarnate into the creation...some just sleep longer but others sleep right through the present incarnation and think their beasts in need of a master and savior...pssssssssst that's what surface dogma-n training does for those who forget and dont have their spirit bring back all remembrance of mistranslations and such of the creation..forgetful dogma-n trained souls mistranslated the word for other souls but the spirit sees through the veils cast upon the eyes aka the wool that has been pulled over the sheeples eyes who forget and sleep and have division within their ark that manifests in the creation also as division..
How unfortunate for some rulers when men,women,and children continue to think... Keep repeating the lies loud enough and long enough and just maybe the people will start to believe the lies again and good luck with that...finding your energy open until mars becomes raging aries...
flashlight

United States
10/02/2012 02:45 PM
Report Abusive Post

I can speak from personal experience that I came to God and Jesus Christ after thinking critically. Take a look at the world we live in and tell me the Devil isn't running the show. Take a gander at free masons/ufos/occult/and conspiracy in general. It all leads to demons... Just look at the signs hidden in plain sight.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13039567

It was actually the other way around for me. I had been a protestant turned devout Catholic at one point, so I always chuckle at people saying "Catholics worship Mary" and all this other nonsense.

Then I had come to realize that Religion was control. Once I deprogrammed myself from everything I thought I knew, an entire world opened up for me.

Jesus said in the Gospel of Thomas:

"Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you."
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/02/2012 02:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: 808fate 1588516

If it's inspired, it's the Word of God. Yes, Jesus is the Word, but only John uses that term for Him, and the inspiration of the scriptures is affirmed by the apostles such as Peter, who even called Paul's writing "scripture".

Jesus is indeed the point, but we only know that because of the written record of his life. The "teachings of the apostles" were what the first believers followed as well, because they were trained by Jesus Himself and thus could speak/write authoritatively. So it's important to know what the Bible does, and does not, say, to prevent false teachings that nullify or hide the only Way, Truth, and Life.

People have died for love of the written Word; to say this is wrong is to insult their sacrifice.

According to the book Peter was a fisherman in a time when most were illiterate, how would he be able to write being a simple fisherman?
Yes they died for the written word, therefore they did not die for Jesus, but a book.

GLP