Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,909 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,549,239
Pageviews Today: 2,573,083Threads Today: 1,028Posts Today: 18,255
11:55 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

POLICE STOP PRAYERS OUTSIDE WHITE HOUSE But protesters return, willing to face jail for religious freedom

christian
Suited up and Armored in Christ!

User ID: 6038128
United States
10/02/2012 03:04 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
POLICE STOP PRAYERS OUTSIDE WHITE HOUSE But protesters return, willing to face jail for religious freedom
Dozens of people have already been arrested over the weekend for kneeling and praying in front of the White House.

ActsFive29, a group of like-minded, pro-life defenders launched the D.C. prayer rally knowing their members could indeed be arrested, but asserting it’s worth it, because, “The future of religious freedom in America is at risk.”

The group claims Acts 5:29 – “But Peter and the Apostles answered, ‘We must obey God rather than men’” – as their basis for protesting the Obama administration’s Health and Human Services mandate requiring employer-provided health insurance cover birth control measures.

“Obamacare will force institutions, churches and individuals to purchase abortion-inducing drugs and pay for sterilization and abortion in direct opposition to their beliefs, conscience and historic teachings of the Church,” says the group. “With the recent Supreme Court ruling affirming Obamacare, the future of religious freedom in America is at risk and in grave danger of being entirely wiped out.”

On Saturday afternoon, 22 members of the group knelt on the sidewalk in prayer and were arrested by Capitol Police, with the prayer rally (and possible arrests) planned to continue through Oct. 2.

The group says that the only basis for their arrest is that the sidewalk in front of the White House is a “restricted zone” for free speech.

Father Frank Pavone of Priests for Life told WND, “We have stood up for life and religious freedom in hundreds of cities. Today we do so at the president’s house. I am delighted to be here.”

The group says that the president is “dictating to Christians how they should live their faith” and that they are taking a stand, while risking arrest for doing so.

Bryan Kemper, director of youth outreach at Priests for Life, told WND that he was arrested on Saturday afternoon for kneeling on the sidewalk near the White House while holding a sign that said, “Stand Up for Religious Freedom.”

“I am here today as a father of seven children who is willing to lose my freedom to protect my children’s future freedom,” he told WND. “I was arrested yesterday when I knelt and prayed holding a sign for religious freedom, and I will kneel and pray again today, risking arrest again.”

He told WND that this issue is vital for all American’s to understand.

“We must take this stand now, or we will have no freedom to do so tomorrow,” he said. “I will obey God rather than man.”

[link to www.wnd.com]
Susie

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.....Matthew 6:21
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: Ecclesiastes 3:1
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24740164
United States
10/02/2012 03:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: POLICE STOP PRAYERS OUTSIDE WHITE HOUSE But protesters return, willing to face jail for religious freedom
5a

GOOD I WOULD DO IT TOO IF I WAS THERE

I LOVE GOD!

GLP