Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,564 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 41,160
Pageviews Today: 57,895Threads Today: 12Posts Today: 267
12:29 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Are We On Track For The Mayan 12/21/2012 Prophecies To Unfold? What Do You Think?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15368686
United States
10/02/2012 04:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Are We On Track For The Mayan 12/21/2012 Prophecies To Unfold? What Do You Think?
POLL: Are We On Track For 12/21/12 To Unfold?
 Yes
 No
 Maybe
 Yes, And I'm preparing
 No, But I'm Prepaing Anyway
 Maybe, And I'm Preparing
 Blank (View Results) 

So...what do you think? Are we on track geologically, astronomically, envionmentally, etc., for the Mayan December 21st, 2012 prophecies to occur? I read multiple times that we would see a REALLY strong escalation in natural disasters and other types of environmental/astronomical events occuring as we lead up to December. What can we point to and say "That's evidence that the Mayan prophecies of the end of the world as we know it on December 21st, 2012, will occur".

hiding
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/02/2012 04:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Are We On Track For The Mayan 12/21/2012 Prophecies To Unfold? What Do You Think?
We're only 2.5 months away now. Many people are letting their mortgages go now, they're not paying car payments anymore, they're committing criminal actions, etc., because they believe there will be no system or law in place in just 2.5 months and in reality, they may not be here either.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9645460
United States
10/02/2012 04:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Are We On Track For The Mayan 12/21/2012 Prophecies To Unfold? What Do You Think?
People are foolish to think some cataclysmic event is going to happen on this day. No doubt there are serious changes occurring on earth but the real change that was prophesized was the change in the human consciousness. The physical events occurring in our environment are only assisting the change. Yes its happening and it has been happening for a while.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24522527
United States
10/02/2012 04:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
screamscreamscreamscreamscreamscream
lmaolmaolmaolmao
cheercheercheercheercheercheer
ahhhahhhahhh
tacolibre
User ID: 24633721
Mexico
10/02/2012 04:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Its very funny that this is so talked about in America. I currently live in the Yucatan (where the Mayans lived and still do) and no one here gives it a second thought or even thinks it is worth talking about. I asked my girlfriend who has some Mayan blood and she said the calendar simply ended because the Spanish came took over dismantled most of the temples and pyramids to build catholic churches. Most of the population was wiped out due to influenza and war and simply work stopped on the calendars as the culture died.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14207070
United States
10/02/2012 05:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
So...what do you think? Are we on track geologically, astronomically, envionmentally, etc., for the Mayan December 21st, 2012 prophecies to occur? I read multiple times that we would see a REALLY strong escalation in natural disasters and other types of environmental/astronomical events occuring as we lead up to December. What can we point to and say "That's evidence that the Mayan prophecies of the end of the world as we know it on December 21st, 2012, will occur".

hiding
 Quoting: American Trappers, LLC

you do realize that the mayans do not believe this is an end of the world scenario, correct? their calendar ends, then begins again. it happens every year with the calendar we use. same difference
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9645460
United States
10/02/2012 05:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
I realize my first reply was a thread killer because the shills had to do quick work to clean up the mess I created. Anyways. The end of the calander to the Mayans was considered because they saw it as the end of the age of materialism. Figure it out.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22840441
Hong Kong
10/02/2012 05:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yes..there are two paths that you can go by, and in the long run, there´s still time to change the road you´re on.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1634447
United States
10/02/2012 05:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Saltyflats

User ID: 8579098
United States
10/02/2012 05:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm a 12.21.12 tard and proud of it!
The wife and I are leaving for Mexico and Belize in 26 days to visit two Mayan sites. (Taking a cruise)
dance
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -Carl Sagan.
Wolfen /v\

User ID: 18085781
United States
10/02/2012 05:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
I answered maybe. But, there seems to be something different happening to our weather across the globe and what is that out in space?
Life is short.....live it with ecstasy!

Intuition is a status of mind to live by.

The most destructive lies we tell are the ones we tell ourselves. Once you stop this behavior things begin to change. The universe embraces you and gives you the courage, forbearance, faith, hope and love to move up the staircase. It's enLightening.

Changing the world one person at a time.

I
II
IIII
IIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

THE DOOR OF DOOM HAS BEEN BOLWN OEPN AND TREHE IS A GIPANG HLOE IN JAAPN!

"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching." -- Gerard Way
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/02/2012 09:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
No matter the concept of what will be changing...I think the U.S. elections and the Israel/Iran/Syria situation can be a world changer in and of themselves.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/02/2012 11:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
What is everybody doing to prepare other than food and water?
hapless moran

User ID: 1130234
United States
10/02/2012 11:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm brewing extra ale/
free your inner baboon.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/02/2012 11:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm brewing extra ale/
 Quoting: hapless moran

lolrockon
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1317305
United States
10/02/2012 11:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yes..there are two paths that you can go by, and in the long run, there´s still time to change the road you´re on.
 Quoting: fortytwo

awe yes, great song !
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/02/2012 11:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Things are different in the natural world. The sun is too bright, the summers are too hot, the natural disasters are up, way up. I have been watching the usgs earthquake site, since i purchased a computer, 12 years ago , there are many more large ones then ever , MANY. The sky looks different, the clouds are so sureal at times. The sun is acting strange. I think we are in for a ride of some kind. Just don't know what it is or when it exactly will take place, not a profit, but the times, they are a changin'. It feels like a "quickeing" outside. Do you notice the different 'feel' in the air ?
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/02/2012 11:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
What is everybody doing to prepare other than food and water?

Staying grounded is important. Staying focused on positive is important. Working on your spiritual side however you go about that, all of these are important for the coming 'changes'. I prepare that way.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10957384
United States
10/03/2012 12:04 AM
Report Abusive Post

hiding

you do realize that the mayans do not believe this is an end of the world scenario, correct? their calendar ends, then begins again. it happens every year with the calendar we use. same difference
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14207070

It wasn't the end of the world in the movie 2012 either. I think something similar will happen within our lifetime where earth changes kill off 99+% of us.

Humans will not live forever. It's statistically impossible considering the incident rates of asteroid impacts, supervolcano eruptions, and other major ELE events. To say doom will never happen is just simply not true. Tomorrow is not a 100% guarantee.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/03/2012 12:12 AM
Report Abusive Post

hiding

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14207070

It wasn't the end of the world in the movie 2012 either. I think something similar will happen within our lifetime where earth changes kill off 99+% of us.

Humans will not live forever. It's statistically impossible considering the incident rates of asteroid impacts, supervolcano eruptions, and other major ELE events. To say doom will never happen is just simply not true. Tomorrow is not a 100% guarantee.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10957384

That's why I was very specific to say "The end of the world as we know it" and not just "The end of the world".
Von_Boner
User ID: 320079
Australia
10/03/2012 12:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
The world will outlive us all. Every generation thinks theirs will be the one to see the worlds end. It will not happen. Unfortunately. We'll all grow old and be miserable in a society that worships youth. I hope I die before I get old because being trapped in a wrinkly meat sack it the end of the world for me.

As if stupid jungle bunny Mayans could see into the future, or even closely predict an end of days. Pure bullshit.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 990640
Malaysia
10/03/2012 12:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to thestar.com.my]

i do not know where to post this.. but take a look at that second pic..

What the hell is that red thing?? its in the middle of the day, with lotsa of people taking the pics... even a police personnel took a pic of it..

looks like super nova???

RED= NIBIRU... :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 990640
Malaysia
10/03/2012 12:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to thestar.com.my]

i do not know where to post this.. but take a look at that second pic..

What the hell is that red thing?? its in the middle of the day, with lotsa of people taking the pics... even a police personnel took a pic of it..

looks like super nova???

RED= NIBIRU... :)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 990640

Shutterbugs rush to capture giant halo and ‘UFO’
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22161124
United States
10/03/2012 12:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
People have been predicting the END of the WORLD for 5000 Years and NO BODY has been right So Far.!!!!!!!!

......................pigchef

GLP