Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,550 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 136,467
Pageviews Today: 185,576Threads Today: 86Posts Today: 782
01:32 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Berkeley lab researchers propose a way to build the first space-time crystal.

Fhirinne
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 17348671
United Kingdom
10/02/2012 06:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Berkeley lab researchers propose a way to build the first space-time crystal.
Imagine a clock that will keep perfect time forever, even after the heat-death of the universe. This is the “wow” factor behind a device known as a “space-time crystal,” a four-dimensional crystal that has periodic structure in time as well as space. However, there are also practical and important scientific reasons for constructing a space-time crystal. With such a 4D crystal, scientists would have a new and more effective means by which to study how complex physical properties and behaviors emerge from the collective interactions of large numbers of individual particles, the so-called many-body problem of physics. A space-time crystal could also be used to study phenomena in the quantum world, such as entanglement, in which an action on one particle impacts another particle even if the two particles are separated by vast distances.

A space-time crystal, however, has only existed as a concept in the minds of theoretical scientists with no serious idea as to how to actually build one – until now. An international team of scientists led by researchers with the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)’s Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab) has proposed the experimental design of a space-time crystal based on an electric-field ion trap and the Coulomb repulsion of particles that carry the same electrical charge.

[link to earthsky.org]
You are the CEO of your own wellness. You need to take back your health from the disease-care system
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9757217
United States
10/02/2012 06:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Berkeley lab researchers propose a way to build the first space-time crystal.
Huh?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1018225
United States
10/02/2012 06:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Berkeley lab researchers propose a way to build the first space-time crystal.
If it replicates itself in time it will be possible to transmit data through time via I think they call it quantum entanglement, not sure of the term.
If it can duplicate itself in time any change to the original would effect the duplicates.
However since two objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time it would have to cease to exist in the future for its clone to exist.
Either that or the matter would super impose itself on top of its clones until it reached a critical density point at which time it would be classified as a singularity or black hole.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24833189
Netherlands
10/02/2012 06:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't have a yelling base after me do i ...

GLP