FEARLESS

afriend
User ID: 14580501
United States
10/02/2012 07:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
FEARLESS
With all the doom and gloom in the world and even on this site I wanted to post this link to the first chapter of a really good book I've started reading and the first chapter is really good for those of us going through troubled times as I am myself. If you give it a read, it may help you so I wanted to share it. It's not a long read just the first chapter so- enjoy and if you like it maybe share it with someone you know going through a tough and fearful time in their lives.

[link to www.outreach.com]
afriend (OP)
United States
10/02/2012 07:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: FEARLESS
I guess I should add that one reason I shared this is that I myself am going through a tough time and for a long time was letting fear dominate my life. Jobloss, bankruptcy, foreclosure and then I turned to alcohol in a bad way. I'm now trying to stay on the path of sobriety and fight my own fears out of my life in spite of my current circumstances. Anyway, just wanted to add that bit of personal info. abduct
afriend (OP)
United States
10/03/2012 01:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
One star?! seriously? why.. not enough fear mongering doom for you? LOL wow. I figured there were enough posts with that stuff in it. Throw something positive out there and someone one stars it LOL. Alrighty then.whatever
afriend (OP)
United States
10/03/2012 11:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for the extra stars folks. I just think that especially these days we all need to fight fear and keep it out of our hearts:Smiley:
afriend (OP)
United States
10/04/2012 02:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
In correlation with my original post; No matter how bad things get, if the fit hits the shan, and I mean big time... remember two things... there are the nice to haves and the necessaries. Example: It's nice to have a tv, an AC, a microwave, couches, furniture and nice houses; but... if it really hits... it's the necessaries that matter most: loved ones, family, friends, food, shelter and safety from evil bad people. Maybe nothing will happen this bad... great, but if it does, FEAR is what will bring us all down. Many in our world, including myself, have been used to a (let's say cushie world) but if that suddenly changed... we have to dig deep within our souls and find the right way to handle it. FEAR is not an option, nor is selfishness. Many of you already know this so this is for people that do not. I, like all of you, am an imperfect person... LOL easy concept... but it still needs to be said to many, so spread the word. We either stand together or we fall together. LOVE is truly the only answer and way to live life on this planet even though that is obviously not yet existing here. LOVE will eventually CONQUER ALL. Evil will crawl away, but even they will learn eventually that they cannot exist without it. Godbless you all on this site.happyheart
afriend (OP)
United States
10/06/2012 12:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Please folks, I ask only this: PIN. Pin this post not for my ego for posting but because there has never been a more important time for people to understand the concepts in my original post. We already have plenty of election threads and doom threads and I understand they have their place in this world, but if only for a little bit of hope, pinning this would be a good idea I think. I'm anonymous and not looking for self satisfaction here, but would love to hear from others that may need to talk, vent, or just share their stories in these difficult days. I've frequented this site over the years and appreciate it for what it is- a place to share ideas and communicate with each other about whatever (within reasonable boundaries). I've been caught in ban nets occasionally like many, but as Trinity has explained, it becomes a necessary thing when you have a site so open and that still allows anonymity. Initially it was irritating- my first reaction, but I now understand completely what he was talking about and agree. Aside from all that... I suggest a pin for people that may be scared or in a state of fear to see that they can cut it loose. It never fully goes away and sometimes you have to simply fight it off, but still... a great book to read and good message for those that are struggling with ANYTHING! Once you let fear take over, fear wins and you LOSE. Godblesshf
afriend (OP)
United States
10/06/2012 12:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
I guess I should have said:

We will either stand together or fall apart. lol but y'all get the point. Good night all.
CE1

User ID: 9342578
United States
10/06/2012 01:08 AM

Report Abusive Post
I guess I should add that one reason I shared this is that I myself am going through a tough time and for a long time was letting fear dominate my life. Jobloss, bankruptcy, foreclosure and then I turned to alcohol in a bad way. I'm now trying to stay on the path of sobriety and fight my own fears out of my life in spite of my current circumstances. Anyway, just wanted to add that bit of personal info. abduct
 Quoting: afriend 14580501

Your a real Trooper, sir.

I am proud you took the hard and narrow road...CE1
afriend (OP)
United States
10/06/2012 01:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you for saying that. It's a tough disease that must be continuously fought for many people. I still go to AA meetings at least 1-2 a week. Some people scoff at AA, but there are many good hearted people that go to those meetings and fight for their lives but also find friends there in addition to the support. That's why I posted this really because the cause of most of the world's problems today are fear based. If all of us (in spite of how low we maybe in life) could do more to live a a FAITH based life, we would generally be better off as human beings. Instead of being afraid we should be dancing and unafraid - laughing more too5a
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25073689
Netherlands
10/06/2012 01:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
.. Is eh onyx still in the coart bench ?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25073689
Netherlands
10/06/2012 02:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Because it eh still is not different .. Wewie here also not.
afriend (OP)
United States
10/06/2012 11:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Because it eh still is not different .. Wewie here also not.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25073689

Sorry bro, I'm not understanding what you are saying.

wtf

On another note: this being the Halloween month in the USA,
I caught on tv jeepers creepers 1 and 2. Good scary horror movies, but still just movies. we have creepier real people that roam among us daily. But the point of the movies and the "creeper" which is obviously some kind of demonic creature- is that it lives and thrives on FEAR. It doesn't take or deal with those of fearlessness but only those who it "smells" the fear in. Once it figures out who is the fearful-which it craves- it devours them, those it deems not to have it- are ignored by this demon. Not the first horror movie to delve into the concept but definitely one of the better ones. Anyway, I usually watch comedies and action movies, but these movies deserve a watch if only because it literally shows the nature of FEAR and how physically it can destroy you... As in Star Wars: the wise words of YODA “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” yoda

I wish someone would pin this thread, but that's ok. The people that need to see it most will find it.
afriend (OP)
United States
10/07/2012 12:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump

Goodnight all and have a good and SAFE nightpeace
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25106679
Nepal
10/07/2012 01:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
DELETE THIS SHIT. It is a link to some nonsense Christian's book.

JESUS NEVER EXISTED. There is not one single piece of historical evidence to prove that Jesus ever existed.
CuriousMe

User ID: 1465884
United States
10/07/2012 01:57 AM
Report Abusive Post

JESUS NEVER EXISTED. There is not one single piece of historical evidence to prove that Jesus ever existed.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25106679

^^^^^Not so.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1507912
United States
10/07/2012 02:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think this is one of the best posts I have ever read, and very true. Fear is a killer, I have seen it happen to people
who have a doctor tell them they have cancer and are going to die, they let that doctor put fear into they and they die. I know of two men that doctors told them this, they up and died two weeks later. They didn't know that God is the one who you should ask, and should have told those doctors that they didn't know what they were talking about.

I also know of people that told their doctors that they didn't know what they were talking about and healed.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/07/2012 03:13 AM
Report Abusive Post

^^^^^Not so.
 Quoting: CuriousMe

prove it! you would love to believe this wouldn't you. so easy to shit on someone else's beliefs because you don't think so or you were hurt, or daddy abused you... let go of your ego and step outside of your little world box- then you can discover that there is more to this life than you could ever dream of.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/07/2012 03:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think this is one of the best posts I have ever read, and very true. Fear is a killer, I have seen it happen to people
who have a doctor tell them they have cancer and are going to die, they let that doctor put fear into they and they die. I know of two men that doctors told them this, they up and died two weeks later. They didn't know that God is the one who you should ask, and should have told those doctors that they didn't know what they were talking about.

I also know of people that told their doctors that they didn't know what they were talking about and healed.
 Quoting: Daughter

Godbless you my friend... it's exactly what I am talking about. If you look for something bad... it will manifest... FEAR is Lucifer's greatest weapon because we CHOOSE to buy into it when it is clearly pointless and simple trickery

Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/07/2012 03:17 AM
Report Abusive Post

Clearly you are afraid. of the truth. as you cannot handle it yet. but you will... eventually. Let go of your fear and embrace the reality around you- no matter how unpleasant! So many people need help. If you can help in any tiny way... do it! You will find the world is not all black
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/07/2012 03:25 AM
Report Abusive Post

^^^^^Not so.
 Quoting: CuriousMe

prove it! you would love to believe this wouldn't you. so easy to shit on someone else's beliefs because you don't think so or you were hurt, or daddy abused you... let go of your ego and step outside of your little world box- then you can discover that there is more to this life than you could ever dream of. Aside from that- the book is not nonsense and is ONLY THE FIRST CHAPTER and a powerful one at that. It may remain nonsense to you; but as the world once again spirals out of man's control, you will finally understand the truth that is here in this post, the Bible and the book I'm recommending. If anything I will pray for you to see the light and find some peace in a chaotic painful world.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14580501
afriend (OP)
United States
10/07/2012 04:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
cool2yeahsureanother great (let's just call it a Halloween movie) is Stephen King's the mist: Scary movie- (again not for kids) but it is a movie and story that shows where EXACTLY fear will go even in extreme circumstances. The one's dealing with the most real fear today are our military troops in other countries- coming back with mental illness, PTSD,missing limbs and above all questioning why we are still doing this bullshit! Rest assured they are doing their duty and doing it well, but... even they are now wondering why? why are we here and what great purpose does it serve?! The Romans in their dominance in history finally got to the same question. Where does all of this go? Nowhere... that's where. and for those soldiers that have given their lives...it's the families left behind that will need the most help. My dad was in Nam and he was never the same man thereafter... a good father but what he went through changed him forever just as the soldiers coming back from Afghanistan today. Once again... FEAR leads the charge with money from us all. When we try to board a jet for a simple flight... now we get molested- and for what? FEAR. I'm not saying there is nothing to be afraid of, I'm saying; you can reject the fear and give it a one finger salute. That is the best we all can do.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25090056
Netherlands
10/07/2012 04:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
I got a brainpot yesterday.
Anonymous Coward
Netherlands
10/07/2012 04:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think its dead now.
Anonymous Coward
Netherlands
10/07/2012 04:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
It was metalic on the outside sort of an eggshape movable with handle
Uriel
User ID: 1449081
Australia
10/07/2012 06:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well done for being fearless!

rockon
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/09/2012 04:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well done for being fearless!

rockon
 Quoting: Uriel 1449081

Thanks my Aussie brethren! Being fearless is a lifelong battle for most of us as human beings- but realizing that we have to FIGHT it off regularly is essential for people to begin to WIN!cool2
afriend (OP)
United States
10/12/2012 07:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
GOD! I cannot stand this "typical" story anymore... nor should anyone. executions by hanging or send off to an island
we have enough murderers already in the world do we need to "decide" on predators of the sickest? My stance is we either isolate them from everyone or send them to the almighty to be judged by him and HIM alone. I understand not judging that many abusers have been abused badly but this crap has to stop. what say you people? I just can't believe what I see nowadays on the news! it sucks -little jessica just trying to live her younglife becomes a victim of yet ANOTHER child predator. where does this end? People? you tell me... I'm frankly and honestly sick to my stomach.

[link to usnews.nbcnews.com]

GLP