Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,453 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 271,306
Pageviews Today: 431,948Threads Today: 136Posts Today: 2,209
05:30 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Who do you believe won tonight's debate?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 788992
Canada
10/03/2012 10:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Who do you believe won tonight's debate?
I loved the 90 billion green energy money thrown in Obummers face. He never defended it either, how could he.
 Quoting: Desert Fox

I thought that looked bad on Romney. Everyone needs to get off oil, putting that much support behind alternative energy should be applauded not scorned.

As strong as Romney looked that was a huge, huge point for me.
 Quoting: d1k

Laughed, what a dumb Canuck.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24904670
United States
Report Abusive Post
Ron Paul won tonight because his supporters will not vote for Romney.

Plain and simple.

Funny how everyone is so excited on here when there are more debates to come.
Canadian_lady25

User ID: 18381394
Canada
Report Abusive Post
personally, while i was pleasantly surprised at how well spoken romney was, i was disappointed by his... i dunno.. attitude? i felt like he was being disrespectful of the debate process and acting as if he felt he was in charge of things, and not the moderator. while i think they both spoke well, i feel like obama seemed more respectful of the process of the debate in general. as far as their talking points, the things they say, etc. they're both lying assholes :)
 Quoting: Canadian_lady25

Process sucks and is disrespectful. It's not a real debate.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 788992

i guess i dont understand what you mean. are you saying that its disrespectful to have a process/structure for a debate in general?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23459660
United States
10/03/2012 10:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
personally, while i was pleasantly surprised at how well spoken romney was, i was disappointed by his... i dunno.. attitude? i felt like he was being disrespectful of the debate process and acting as if he felt he was in charge of things, and not the moderator. while i think they both spoke well, i feel like obama seemed more respectful of the process of the debate in general. as far as their talking points, the things they say, etc. they're both lying assholes :)

Obama more respectful? really? I thought his comment to the moderator about having 5 seconds until he was interupted was a display of his usual rude and arrogant self.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4398278
United States
Report Abusive Post
It was a good old fashion beat down for Romney. If I didn't know any better I'd say Obama does NOT want to be re-elected
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13810239
United States
Report Abusive Post
Obama got one hell of a lecture tonight, he couldn't compete with Romney in the least. Obama got an ass whipping.
Mwalk
Low Earth Orbit

User ID: 1067150
United States

Report Abusive Post
Romney definitely won the debate, but he won't win the war.

In my opinion, Obama was holding back.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 902014

Holding back? lololol

He was lost! Always has been. This guy is NOT a leader. This guy cannot speak or think without a teleprompter!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24167397

Even with the prompter he still has no grasp of the gravity of any given situation.
“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2530461
United States
Report Abusive Post
Romney was like the adult schooling a little child. Obama is a bumbling fool.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24842133
United States
Report Abusive Post
america lost , again
Agent Tray

User ID: 24795235
United States
Report Abusive Post
:brick wall:
How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?
s. d. butler

User ID: 974819
United States
10/03/2012 10:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
the CFR.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24611373

The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps, of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to the doctrinaire and academic thinkers. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can "throw the rascals out" at any election without leading to any profound or extreme shifts in policy.

- Carrol Quigley, Tragedy and Hope

The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate.

--NOAM CHOMSKY
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24611373

That is exactly what we are seeing all right. The status quo having destroyed Ron Paul and not allowing Johnson in the debates has won again.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 902014
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post
Romney definitely won the debate, but he won't win the war.

In my opinion, Obama was holding back.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 902014

Holding back? lololol

He was lost! Always has been. This guy is NOT a leader. This guy cannot speak or think without a teleprompter!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24167397

To be fair to Obama, who can get America out of this mess?

It doesn't matter who you put in the Oval Office, the debt is always going to go up.

What's the saying? You have to spend to make money.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14010048
United States
Report Abusive Post
Obama is a narcissist. Once he realized he was not being adored, he suffered a meltdown. Above all, he MUST be adored. The truth is that Obama's fascade of lies is faltering.

Romney was well informed & showed lots of common sense. So, Romney won this debate.
Anonymous Coward
Report Abusive Post
R - I was surprised at how well-spoken he was.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22323395

I agree. I was actually shocked in the beginning of debate when Romney went full steam ahead; Obama was starting to look nervous.
 Quoting: Wonkish

and he never backed off...sheesh Obama got ROLLED over...

Ok so we all know I do not like Obama, but this was just one of the worst debate performances I have ever witnessed by a sitting president...and especially by one who is supposed to be a good speaker...

Romney just dominated Obama in this debate...and I believe the media will be FORCED to chalk this up as big Obama loss..

This will affect the campaign...
 Quoting: SHR

Romney had an impressive performance this evening. I was expecting Obama to crush Romney, but Obama definitely dropped the ball this evening. If Romney keeps this up, then the election should be a shoe-in for him. We should have a pretty good idea of any changes in Romney's support level in a couple of days---when post debate poll results get reported.

As for the media coverage, MSNBC is having a hard time giving credit where credit is due: Mitt Romney had an outstanding performance this evening.
Patient.Zer0

User ID: 1534311
United States
Report Abusive Post
I think we should all collectively throw up for the rotten pile of garbage that was. These are our choices? We should all realize that this country is done. Cooked. History.

stir
"It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong."
Richard P. Feynman
Anubis

User ID: 16353104
Canada
Report Abusive Post
i liked it when romney said "any govt program must pass this test... is it important to us enough that we need China to pay for it? yes or no.."

hahahaha

right on!
Canadian_lady25

User ID: 18381394
Canada
10/03/2012 10:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

Obama more respectful? really? I thought his comment to the moderator about having 5 seconds until he was interupted was a display of his usual rude and arrogant self.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23459660

as opposed to the many times romney basically ignored the moderator, and continued to talk over him when his turn to speak was supposed to be over?
Desert Fox

User ID: 8786935
United States
Report Abusive Post
I loved the 90 billion green energy money thrown in Obummers face. He never defended it either, how could he.
 Quoting: Desert Fox

I thought that looked bad on Romney. Everyone needs to get off oil, putting that much support behind alternative energy should be applauded not scorned.

As strong as Romney looked that was a huge, huge point for me.
 Quoting: d1k

Pointing out where Obummer pissed away 90 billion dollars to his political donors made him look bad???
:TOMABANEFOX:
It's more humane this way ya know, or burn on totem pole. Choice is yours.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1222180
United States
Report Abusive Post
Romney won really, but the moderator helped him.
 Quoting: Baba Cha

The moderator, Jim Lehrer, is an NPR leftist you Obama-shill.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9966035
United States
Report Abusive Post

Obama was more respectful because he ALWAYS got more time than Romney! IN the first round, the moderator was not going to let Romney defend himself with Obama's remarks even though it was Romney's turn to talk.....Romney HAD to step up to the plate and demand fairness.

Romney was respectful and he was able to jab and stab with a smile on his face. BRILLIANT
anonimalle

User ID: 23768347
United States
10/03/2012 10:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
IMO Romney won it hands down.

Absolutely.
Behind every myth lies a mystery, and every legend holds an echo of the truth ……
Que Sera Sera

"For not by numbers of men nor by measure of body but by valor of soul is war decided"

Bilisarius

" At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe. We are in a new phase of a very old war."

Gates of Vienna.

"May we smite our enemies to the darkest chamber of hell, for we wish only to live in peace, and they desire only to put their boot upon our neck."
Anonymous Coward
Report Abusive Post
there are no winners. Only losers - the ones who watched it and actually beLIEve it matters
 Quoting: Matrix-V

You cannot vote here in the U.S. so your opinion does not really mean jack shit.
Treyfish

User ID: 14756837
United States
Report Abusive Post
cnn and msnbc are crying in their gov't soup line.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23459660
United States
Report Abusive Post
romney seemed more informed and more in touch with americas situation, obama looked over scripted.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5073178

SmileyWink

It kills me when I hear tho major channel say Romney is three points behind in my home State of Ohio....... Its comical. The working hard are done here! Romney will be the next President of the United States.=)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4613981

I too am an Ohioan, and could not agree more ! Romney is the next President and Ohio will help take him to the White House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
s. d. butler

User ID: 974819
United States
Report Abusive Post
Too bad abortion wasn't brought up, it's the first consideration I make when choosing a candidate...
 Quoting: BRIEF

really?

You choose the direction of the entire country based on something you hopefully will never encounter. and most people never will?

wow, that's pretty stupid.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10401141

The famous one issue "voter".
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24912925
United States
Report Abusive Post
Satan
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17381868

clappa

the more important question is :

WHO LOST ?

A: AMERICAN PEOPLE

rockypaul
Anonymous Coward
10/03/2012 10:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Romney won really, but the moderator helped him.
 Quoting: Baba Cha

Why not just admit that Romney did well this evening. Why must we continue to play the blame game instead of accepting responsibility?
redrosie

User ID: 8046621
United States
Report Abusive Post
Romney couldn't shut up .. rude as hell .. and they just brought up Obama saying he had 5 more seconds and looked upset .. of course .. there was no control in this debate ..

.. if you are familiar with LDS .. Romney believes Obama is lower then him carrying the blackened skin curse of Cain ..

I will never ever vote for an lds member and I hold no religion .. but am well experienced with them ..
.... 22426221213 ....
GKKwatch

User ID: 10606508
United States
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.youtube.com]

Romney...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21405467
United States
Report Abusive Post
IMO Romney won it hands down.

Nobody won they are all a bunch of liars and there is no difference between them whoever wins or is elected by the powers that be and not the people will follow and obey the powers that be, I hate this puppet pigs.

GLP