Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23746394
United States
10/04/2012 04:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Silver passes $35 Gold $1788

TPTB are losing it. People are fleeing fiat into precious metals, don't miss the boat.

5a
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3297006
United States
10/04/2012 04:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Silver passes $35 Gold $1788
i figure they just decided to throw in the towel
on platinum seeing as all of freakin
south africa mining is now shut down or shutting
down... puta fork in it
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/04/2012 04:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Anyone think rhodium is a good buy? It's around $1400 right now.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24115171
United Kingdom
10/04/2012 04:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Cant eat gold.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/04/2012 04:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Cant eat it, but you can wear it, and women love it. Also egyptians must have been wrong. Either you're a troll, or you're just a poor ass who can't afford a 10th of an ounce. Now go eat your fiat, tard.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20816248
United States
10/04/2012 04:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
Zzz... wake me when it's $50 again like last year.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23334172
United States
10/04/2012 04:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
why dont you put stock into good food, guns, and your workout...

Materialism gets you so far...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1447583
United States
10/04/2012 04:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Silvertards, we ride!

If anyone watched the presidential debate last night, both candidates told you to buy precious metals. Neither wanted to cut even $5 trillion over ten years. Our deficit is about $1-1.2 trillion a year, so, even if we cut $500 billion a year for ten years we would still be running deficits of $500-700 billion a year. We're going to print a lot more money than we already are, especially when the treasury market goes bidless. Buy silver.

seal
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/04/2012 04:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
"why dont you put stock into good food, guns, and your workout..."

What are people supposed to do after they have done all that? Leave money in fiat?
Wallpro
User ID: 18145359
United States
10/04/2012 05:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
Shhhh...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24889645
Switzerland
10/04/2012 10:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
Just a matter of time US workers will demand to be paid in Silver.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1272616
United States
10/04/2012 10:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
In my opinion gold, and silver are very undervalued at this time, and the us dollar is very overvalued, the ratio in my opinion between gold and silver is too high, also in my opinion gold silver ratio could go much lower in the future, gold is barely around the $1790 level and silver just about $35 in my opinion commodities in general will rise much higher in the future.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24278562
Canada
10/04/2012 10:12 AM
Report Abusive Post

TPTB are losing it. People are fleeing fiat into precious metals, don't miss the boat.

5a
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23746394

It was beat down. TPTB do not want it above $35. They will flood the market with paper silver to infinity every time it crossed the line.

Yeah sooner or later KAPOW - but not right now.
MARTIAL_LAW

User ID: 23706139
United States
10/04/2012 10:14 AM

Report Abusive Post
35 is big for the cartel...lets smash through it!

sealseal2seal

Last Edited by PANIK on 10/04/2012 10:14 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1272616
United States
10/04/2012 10:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
In my opinion gold will rise much higher, and once gold and silver ratio breaks under 50 in my opinion silver will rise much faster and higher, the ratio extremely high for gold and silver, in my opinion gold and silver both will rise much more in the future, and the us dollar will fall in my opinion in the future, may God Bless you all.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
10/04/2012 10:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
So i have 200 tins of beans and somebody else has some whisky.

You want to swap your gold and silver for my beans but you have nothing i want or need.

What i want and need is some Whisky.

CHECKMATE.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1430199
United States
10/04/2012 10:18 AM
Report Abusive Post

You want to swap your gold and silver for my beans but you have nothing i want or need.

CHECKMATE.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24115171

BLAH BLAH BLAH BULLSHIT
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18681750
United States
10/04/2012 10:25 AM
Report Abusive Post

CHECKMATE.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BULLSHIT

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1430199

I have an extra case of spam, I want vodka. Vodka guy wants silver or gold. I trade my case of spam for a silver dollar, then trade that for a bottle of vodka.

Everybody has different needs. Good to have a little of everything.
Keep2theCode

User ID: 20545539
United States
10/04/2012 10:25 AM
Report Abusive Post

CHECKMATE.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BULLSHIT

On the contrary! This is what people don't understand about the practical need for a medium of exchange. You can only barter directly for so long, and then it becomes a nightmare of trading sixteen times to get one thing you wanted. You'd be spending your days carting around your barrel of items in the hope that maybe one person will be willing to trade what you want for what you have.

Heck, even primitives have had currency, whether beads or shells or anything else that was considered valuable.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal. 4:16)
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
10/04/2012 10:28 AM
Report Abusive Post

CHECKMATE.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BULLSHIT

How is it bullshit?
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/04/2012 10:28 AM
Report Abusive Post

CHECKMATE.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BULLSHIT

On the contrary! This is what people don't understand about the practical need for a medium of exchange. You can only barter directly for so long, and then it becomes a nightmare of trading sixteen times to get one thing you wanted. You'd be spending your days carting around your barrel of items in the hope that maybe one person will be willing to trade what you want for what you have.

Heck, even primitives have had currency, whether beads or shells or anything else that was considered valuable.
 Quoting: Keep2theCode

What you don't seem to understand is I have already stored up what I need BEFORE buying precious metals. I most likely won't even need to trade with you anyway. My gold and silver is for spending after the crisis is over. IF it ever gets that bad.
Keep2theCode

United States
10/04/2012 10:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
What you don't seem to understand is I have already stored up what I need BEFORE buying precious metals. I most likely won't even need to trade with you anyway. My gold and silver is for spending after the crisis is over. IF it ever gets that bad.

How did anything I said give you the notion that I don't also store up food/water/meds? Do you actually think people who stack PMs do nothing else? And I too expect to use PMs afterwards, if there is an afterwards.

So tell me what it is that I don't understand.

Last Edited by Keep2theCode on 10/04/2012 10:34 AM
The Governor

User ID: 24944414
United States
10/04/2012 10:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Anyone think rhodium is a good buy? It's around $1400 right now.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23746394

Hard to say. China owns all of it. If there is no global war, paper rhodium a great investment.

If China decides to keep it for its own missiles and toys, paper rhodium becomes worthless.
Welcome to Woodbury.

I think being a Democrat should be a felony.

[link to www.policymic.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17851333
United States
10/04/2012 10:36 AM
Report Abusive Post

CHECKMATE.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BULLSHIT

Good luck in getting the morans to understand what a medium of exchange means. The ignorance is simply astounding.

I think these people have no food, guns or anything else to trade in the first place.

Surely they understand that those who are buying precious metals almost always have their basic needs taken care of as well.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
10/04/2012 10:36 AM
Report Abusive Post

Providing barter towns/markets are set up. This kind of exchange would imply excess.

But what happens when everybody holds onto 95% of what they have and only trades a small amount, gold/silver wont factor in. Why would somebody trade an asset they can use for one they cant in an unstable time.

Like i said, imagine i have 200 tins of beans. That might be considered an excess, but would the smart move be to trade 150 of them in for some gold and silver, and then trade that gold and silver or something else later.

Or would the smart thing be to hold on to 95% of the beans and trade a few cans for a few cans of something else. Trading in the majority of my stored food would not be a smart move.

See my point.

Now most people are going to respond with this ' but you don't trade what you cant afford to trade ' Exactly my point.

Most people are not going to have gold and silver, and it can be assumed most people are not going to have surplus food/medicine and the like either. So why would somebody trade the majority of their tradeable assets for something that has no immediate use.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/04/2012 10:38 AM
Report Abusive Post

How did anything I said give you the notion that I don't also store up food/water/meds? Do you actually think people who stack PMs do nothing else? And I too expect to use PMs afterwards, if there is an afterwards.

So tell me what it is that I don't understand.

Well whatever then, I won't be looking to trade with you. I also don't think the future is going to be as doom filled as you think it is.
MN USA land of 10,000 fakes

User ID: 24842359
United States
10/04/2012 10:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
my question is this ,,, how will we value the metals if they are always in dollars? We can have it, but the value will remain in some sort of fiat. So it can go up as much as it needs to

tomatotomatotomatotomato
this too shall pass
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12064276
United States
10/04/2012 10:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Cant eat gold.

you can't eat shit either but your brain is full of it.
Keep2theCode

United States
10/04/2012 10:41 AM
Report Abusive Post

Providing barter towns/markets are set up. This kind of exchange would imply excess.

But what happens when everybody holds onto 95% of what they have and only trades a small amount, gold/silver wont factor in. Why would somebody trade an asset they can use for one they cant in an unstable time.

Like i said, imagine i have 200 tins of beans. That might be considered an excess, but would the smart move be to trade 150 of them in for some gold and silver, and then trade that gold and silver or something else later.

Or would the smart thing be to hold on to 95% of the beans and trade a few cans for a few cans of something else. Trading in the majority of my stored food would not be a smart move.

See my point.

Now most people are going to respond with this ' but you don't trade what you cant afford to trade ' Exactly my point.

Most people are not going to have gold and silver, and it can be assumed most people are not going to have surplus food/medicine and the like either. So why would somebody trade the majority of their tradeable assets for something that has no immediate use.

This is irrelevant to the point of the need for a medium of exchange. It has nothing to do with excess but with the impracticality of always bartering. You cannot possibly produce everything you will ever need, nor expect everyone else to do the same. People form communities for that very reason: when they pool resources, skills, and brainpower, the result is excess which facilitates trade and then prosperity.
MN USA land of 10,000 fakes

User ID: 24842359
United States
10/04/2012 10:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
my question is this ,,, how will we value the metals if they are always in dollars? We can have it, but the value will remain in some sort of fiat. So it can go up as much as it needs to

tomatotomatotomatotomato
 Quoting: MN USA land of 10,000 fakes

metals are only worth what people put the value at ,, Food and alcohol, cloths and gas for heat and so on are way more important
this too shall pass
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17851333
United States
10/04/2012 10:42 AM
Report Abusive Post

See my point.

What part of having precious metals AND a store of food put back escapes you?

GLP