Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,192 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 298,609
Pageviews Today: 487,490Threads Today: 137Posts Today: 2,455
05:15 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Whole Foods confirms it knowingly sells products containing Monsanto's genetically modified corn

NoSilence
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 24903185
Mexico
10/04/2012 01:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Whole Foods confirms it knowingly sells products containing Monsanto's genetically modified corn
Whole Foods confirms it knowingly sells products containing Monsanto's genetically modified corn: Don't ask, don't tell!

(NaturalNews) Ronnie Cummins of the Organic Consumers Association has been protesting Whole Foods for several years, demanding the company label the GMOs it sells. Whole Foods management has foolishly ignored him.

In fact, until recently his efforts achieved relatively little traction, but all of a sudden "he appears to be a prophet," a friend told me yesterday. Yep, Ronnie Cummins was right, and the fact that Whole Foods has sternly resisted labeling the GMOs it sells has the company in a virtual P.R. panic.

Why? Because Whole Foods CEO John Mackey confirmed in a blog post three days ago that Whole Foods knowingly sells Monsanto GM corn in numerous products. And yet at the same time Whole Foods refuses to make its day-to-day shoppers aware of this horrifying fact. He says:

The YouTube video showing our store Team Members giving conflicting responses to a question about GMOs reminds us that while we try to keep all our 70,000 Team Members up-to-speed on the latest information, clearly we need to do more. Some products in our stores DO contain GMOs...

As a result, masses of Whole Foods customers and even employees are operating under the illusion that Whole Foods sells no products containing genetically engineered ingredients. This was confirmed by the recent Organic Spies video which was censored by YouTube because it dared to tell the truth about Whole Foods.

Whole Foods shoppers have been betrayed

Imagine the shock of brutal reality when Whole Foods shoppers learn the truth. They will be appalled. They will feel lied to... betrayed. Wasn't Whole Foods supposed to be a place of TRUST? Where the food could be trusted? Where people don't have to conduct their own investigations of all the ingredients because Whole Foods has already done that for them? Isn't that why people are willing to pay a premium for the groceries they buy at Whole Foods?

It turns out that Whole Foods sells a surprising amount of the same GMO-infested processed junk foods that you can buy everywhere else: Safeway, Kroger, etc. It's all emblazoned with the "Natural!" claim, of course, which usually means "Contains GMOs" because the word "natural" has absolutely no regulatory meaning whatsoever. And instead of doing something about it, Whole Foods CEO Mackey just says GMOs are "pervasive" as if there's nothing that can be done about it. Does he not understand that Whole Foods could simply refuse to BUY foods containing GMOs?

Does Mackey not realize that if he had listened to Ronnie Cummins two years ago, his company wouldn't be in this P.R. nightmare right now, with its own employees caught lying about the genetically modified foods sold by Whole Foods? When corporate giants fail to listen to intelligent critics, they only end up destroying themselves, of course. And Whole Foods Market, Inc. (WFM) may yet see extreme losses to investors and shareholders if it doesn't get in front of this GMO issue immediately.

If I owned any stock in Whole Foods -- which I don't, of course -- I would be SELLING it like mad right now... especially since I have a fairly good idea of what's yet to come out about Whole Foods. It's hard-hitting, I tell you. Their P.R. train wreck is about to get much worse before the November vote on Proposition 37. (There is a solution Whole Foods could immediately embrace to end all this, by the way. Simply announce a $2 million donation to Prop 37 and all the critics are immediately silenced. Problem solved.)

Learn more: [link to www.naturalnews.com]
"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
Mark Twain
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2059592
United States
10/04/2012 01:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Whole Foods confirms it knowingly sells products containing Monsanto's genetically modified corn
Just a thought guys, I understand GMO foods are horrible for us, and cause cancer down the line.

But how about using them to supply starving nations? Would you rather starve, or risk cancer 20-30 years down the road? How many may starve as a result of this GMO ban?

The law of unintended consequences, just food for thought.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24830038
United States
10/04/2012 01:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Whole Foods confirms it knowingly sells products containing Monsanto's genetically modified corn
Yeah, well fuck Whole Foods. People make a big deal out of shopping @ the is store, like it's a social and fashion statement. Give me a fucking break. The owners are shifty, and it's over-priced.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/04/2012 01:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just a thought guys, I understand GMO foods are horrible for us, and cause cancer down the line.

But how about using them to supply starving nations? Would you rather starve, or risk cancer 20-30 years down the road? How many may starve as a result of this GMO ban?

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2059592

A good example of something like this happening before in history would be the banning of DDT, which indirectly caused more deaths via mosquito borne diseases than WW2.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24830038
United States
10/04/2012 01:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

Holy crap! That's a sad statement you just made. Eat the toxic shit we're offering you, or starve to death.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/04/2012 01:14 PM
Report Abusive Post

Holy crap! That's a sad statement you just made. Eat the toxic shit we're offering you, or starve to death.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24830038

Welcome to reality.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24956090
United Kingdom
10/04/2012 01:53 PM
Report Abusive Post

Welcome to reality.

You can feed them without it having to be non-GMO food. There is so much arable land in the United States that isn't being used, and which could feed a huge number of people around the world. There is also a lot of land in Africa and the developing world that either isn't being used, or is farmed inefficiently causing low crop yields compared to developed countries. You also have hydroponics which, while mostly not organic, is at least not modified genetically.

However, despite the variety of solutions available, we are told that GMOs are the only solution. GMOs have been out there now for a long time, so has world hunger been eliminated yet???
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24956090
United Kingdom
10/04/2012 01:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

Welcome to reality.

You can feed them without it having to be non-GMO food. There is so much arable land in the United States that isn't being used, and which could feed a huge number of people around the world. There is also a lot of land in Africa and the developing world that either isn't being used, or is farmed inefficiently causing low crop yields compared to developed countries. You also have hydroponics which, while mostly not organic, is at least not modified genetically.

However, despite the variety of solutions available, we are told that GMOs are the only solution. GMOs have been out there now for a long time, so has world hunger been eliminated yet???
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24956090

Sorry, should read "You can feed them without it having to be GMO food."
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/04/2012 01:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
I understand they are horrible, I am just playing devils advocate and pointing out the law of unintended consequences. If GMO's have infiltrated most of the market, we have to slowly phase them out.. An all at once ban could starve billions.
..11:11..

User ID: 24579864
United States
10/04/2012 02:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Monsanto
Spirituality is the opposite of religion, religion is a substitute for spirituality. Spirituality is a direct connection to Creator The Most high.

Anyone who inflicts pain on others will suffer themself from that pain.

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil.

GLP