Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,220 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,192,040
Pageviews Today: 1,990,525Threads Today: 819Posts Today: 14,237
07:10 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

ITS A FRIKKEN Gas Stampede!! ITS...GASOGEDDON!! 5.79 NO WAIT, UP TO 6.21 a gallon!! with link.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8640456
United States
10/05/2012 03:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: ITS A FRIKKEN Gas Stampede!! ITS...GASOGEDDON!! 5.79 NO WAIT, UP TO 6.21 a gallon!! with link.
I'm in Arizona and I understand we get most of our gas from Cali through the Santa Fe pipeline. Wouldn't we be affected sooner or later?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 19420840
United States
10/05/2012 03:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: ITS A FRIKKEN Gas Stampede!! ITS...GASOGEDDON!! 5.79 NO WAIT, UP TO 6.21 a gallon!! with link.
GOT 40 GALLONS..PAID 4.29..IF IT GOES TO 20.00 A GALL.ILL SELL..CUZ I ordered the natural gas conversion FOR DA RIDE..

CNG Natural Gas Conversion for $1000

PRICE FOR CNG? 1.97...
[link to www.cngprices.com]
Limpan

User ID: 1474973
Sweden
10/05/2012 03:30 AM

Report Abusive Post
In Sweden we pay 9$ a gallon all the time!!
Get real guys and girls!!
This is not armagaddon !! That's the price in a couple of years that will be cheap!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16678904
United States
Report Abusive Post
I'm in Arizona and I understand we get most of our gas from Cali through the Santa Fe pipeline. Wouldn't we be affected sooner or later?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8640456

probably, so stock up.

We were states away, but only realized too late that all our stuff came from only those refineries. Other states had to divert what they could to get us a little when they could.

You don't want to learn who supplies you after the fact, belive me. Its a very compartmentalized system, I was suprised too... you get a good education after the fact.

Just do what you can just in case. At least you know where yours comes from, your probably the only person who does. so, If I were you, I'd fill up all cars and some cans just in case b/c it becomes systemic after a while...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1443872
Netherlands
Report Abusive Post
and so it begins
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16678904
United States
10/05/2012 03:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
In Sweden we pay 9$ a gallon all the time!!
Get real guys and girls!!
This is not armagaddon !! That's the price in a couple of years that will be cheap!!
 Quoting: Limpan

when refineries close, it's not so much the price, that's the first step.

It is if you can FRICKING GET IT!, cmon. You can't close all the gas supply and just think it goes up in price. IT RUNS OUT!

I'm just trying to help some folk out with prior experience. Maybe mine was worse than this. Just keep your cars full at the very least, at least it buys you a few days to a week.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24996881
United States
10/05/2012 03:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
got gas late thur. night..after 11 pm.
there are usually no or few cars getting gass

place was packed...i am keeping my tank full
$434 a gal. at arco 87 octane
RileyHealey

User ID: 12165460
United States
10/05/2012 03:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
all you California tards will soon be on scooters....
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23011194

clappa
RileyHealey
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22872214
United States
10/05/2012 03:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
You can walk from Felton to Santa Cruz over park trails, take a bus to San Jose, take a train to SF, walk over the Golden Gate bridge all the way to Mt. Tam and beyond if you feel like it.
 Quoting: Fred 24737670:555

bonghit
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24967473

Totally stoned he is - LOL

lmao
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/05/2012 03:45 AM
Report Abusive Post

clappa
 Quoting: RileyHealey

MY ASS..WELL BE ON BICYCLES WITH DAYS...AND WHAT ABOUT COMMUTERS..HUH?

MORTGAGES..HOMES..WORK..GROCERY'S..YA..WAIT FOR IT?

OR..HERE GOMES DA DOOM!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15775729
United States
Report Abusive Post
Our society completly falls apart and turns into rampant chaos with a shortage of gas, we are so vulnerable that it is pathetic and scary. Everything in our lives from the time we start working until we die with our last paycheck is centered around cars. Better get used to it cause there sure is more of this shit coming wether we like it or not. This is a test.
 Quoting: GreyMatter

it was pretty scary when it happened to us b/c people just lost it, there was zero altruism except for closed circles, everyone else just fought.

It got pretty bad to the point that they stationed cops at as many gas stations as they could, and through word of mouth, you would hear who got a diverted shipment in, and, by that only...

It lasted maybe a couple weeks?? Don't really remember, but remember feeling that I just wanted to leave, but couldnt' luckily we had been in good shape already, but, 99% of the population isn't.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16678904

Back in early 70's if I member right we had a crisis,gas rationing and stations running out of das. Back then most cars got real shitty gas mileage. People would kill your Grandma and kids for gas. Saw quite a few fist fights and other stuff cause of it. Not a pretty sight.
 Quoting: GreyMatter

I was in high school during the 70's and worked at a Shell station here in LA. Back then there were gas station attendants, remember? When you got gas you would have your windows washed, tire pressure checked and oil. Here in LA it was a cool job girls.

After the shortage alot of things changed. That's when self serve stations and smaller stations stared closing.

I remember cars starting lining up if the heard there was an expected gas delivery. It didn't make sense because they would wait hours and start and stop there engines as they moved up in line. Somedays we would only allow 5 gallons to each car. People would get frantic. Now I remember back then most people were polite. I can't imagine how people would react these days. People are rude if you take too long checking out in a grocery line. No way would I wait in line for gas these days, especially in LA
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24996881
United States
Report Abusive Post

clappa
 Quoting: RileyHealey

mine will have a huge gas tank
tard
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/05/2012 03:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
OK..LETS TALK ABOUT FAIL..

YOUR THREADS SIR!

Thread: By Thy Grace Ascended Master
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/05/2012 03:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12411641
United States
10/05/2012 03:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hey...pssst...looks like somebody from California Gas Prices caught on to the shenanigans. There is no more $9.99 a gallon gas price.

Breathe people. There are 14 refineries in California. Only two are on the fritz. Hence the cut to the unbranded wholesale distributors. There is no gasogeddon and, if you don't panic, it'll be fine. Yes, the prices will go up..that's a pretty normal response but hey, you'll still be able to get gas. If everybody starts pushing all the stations in California, that might change the tune or at least cause them to raise it even more to fleece you for it.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/05/2012 03:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
SOON BABY..WE WILL BE....

Anonymous Coward
Netherlands
10/05/2012 03:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
it is no longer $ 9,99
please check it OP
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/05/2012 03:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
REMEMBER RUSSIA?
Anonymous Coward
Netherlands
10/05/2012 03:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Doom off?

antibs
ArmchairObserver

United States
10/05/2012 04:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
Doom off?

antibs
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1443872

The doom was only on in the minds of a few. Either people were messing with the prices to get a panic going or they were confusing what may have been an impromptu designation signifying that a station was out of gas on the site. Don't think they have a "station is out of gas" option on there as you just input the price. One of those stations that had a $9 price was definitely an independent type of store and may have simply been out. There is actually gas available for independents but, from what I understand, the oil companies are selling it at prices that the indies just know they won't be able to sell. Many just aren't buying it. Can't blame them. Running at a massive loss sucks.

Glad somebody at Gas Buddy caught the hijinks and corrected it.
AO
#Geomagnetic_Storm#

User ID: 1426914
United States
10/05/2012 04:05 AM

Report Abusive Post
Time to tap those reserves and send it all to California. This is considered an emergency. It's about to be $5 a gallon by tomorrow. Well there goes Californias economy down the drain. My little 4-banger rice rocket costs over
$60 to fill up.....are you kidding me??? hiding
Geoshill

Link to my Gaming Channel….
[link to m.youtube.com (secure)]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/05/2012 04:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
Doom off?

antibs
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1443872

UPDATED..!

SEE...after all it may go to 6..or 7..but wewill still see your country above 9..with the taxes u pay..like 55 or 60 percent?

and doesnt california have better pot than u blokes?

still though alot of people will be impacted..
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/05/2012 04:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hey...pssst...looks like somebody from California Gas Prices caught on to the shenanigans. There is no more $9.99 a gallon gas price.

Breathe people. There are 14 refineries in California. Only two are on the fritz. Hence the cut to the unbranded wholesale distributors. There is no gasogeddon and, if you don't panic, it'll be fine. Yes, the prices will go up..that's a pretty normal response but hey, you'll still be able to get gas. If everybody starts pushing all the stations in California, that might change the tune or at least cause them to raise it even more to fleece you for it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12411641

is dat jeww...mR. politician?

well why dont we make an account here so we can see your not a coward?
Anonymous Coward
Netherlands
10/05/2012 04:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
currently we pay € 1.90 / Liter
it's about $ 9.35 / gallon

thanks OP for update
Jynxx96

User ID: 8180727
United States
10/05/2012 04:18 AM

Report Abusive Post
Although I get bored working from home in my pjs, glad I don't have to deal with high gas prices.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22116104

I work at the gym in my pjs,
Ride my bike whereever I can...
Never regret anything,for at one time its exactly what you wanted
ArmchairObserver

United States
10/05/2012 04:25 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12411641

is dat jeww...mR. politician?

well why dont we make an account here so we can see your not a coward?
 Quoting: Gonviral

Ms and actually do have an account (tada!). Just don't always bother to log in on it. Not a politician. Just somebody who spent 20+ years of my life in the shady and ruthless oil business. Trust me, it is shady and ruthless. Hated it really.

You want to scream about something? Take a few minutes and try to isolate what oil company owns who and who merged with who. People think they are all different companies. They aren't. Honestly, I think that's why they can do things like what they are doing in Cali and get away with it. THAT should make you scream.
AO
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24113008
United Kingdom
10/05/2012 04:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
I've started to actually.. build my water to hydrogen ciruit control board using the 555 timer, inc: the slower hydrogen doughnut transformer. I'm paying up to £1.50 on a litre of diesel which is simply too expensive!
Once I know it's working ok, then I'd have to raise cash to pay a mechanic to ceramic coat the pistons & put in a stainless steel exhaust, but it'll be worth it.
Looking at an old cave painting photo I also sussed out how the ancients used magnetic mechanical force from a wheel skewed at 45 deg angles on each arm, so the arm once started.. actually.. chases itself & can apparently be kept going using cyonic sounds around a magnetic field.
The bastards rely on our money.. but we need to be Independent from them!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3788465
Japan
10/05/2012 04:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
That offshore drilling is really helping you guys out isn't it!! haha
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24999114
Italy
10/05/2012 04:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
basically US killed one human being in a foreign nation for every 10 american car drivers so they could enjoy cheap gas until now

not to tell that the whole world payed trillions of dollars trough oil price manipulation every time US was willing to export some "democracy"

sorry dudes , you are spoiled brats that will finally get a good dose of spanky...nuclear delivered

and stop telling...is the bad boys on the white house. They never ever did if you were not ready to exchange "a good life to the expenses of others" with a moral you probably never had.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1520481
10/05/2012 05:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
Although I get bored working from home in my pjs, glad I don't have to deal with high gas prices.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22116104

Oh.. Don't think that you can sit there in your pj's feeling all smug. The high gas prices will also be hitting food delivery services and other services too. Get ready for energy and high food price spikes . Now let that smug smile drop and go put some clothes on.

GLP