Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,976 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 530,027
Pageviews Today: 912,624Threads Today: 395Posts Today: 6,301
11:31 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

ITS A FRIKKEN Gas Stampede!! ITS...GASOGEDDON!! 5.79 NO WAIT, UP TO 6.21 a gallon!! with link.

BrokenTrust

User ID: 25021253
United States
10/05/2012 03:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: ITS A FRIKKEN Gas Stampede!! ITS...GASOGEDDON!! 5.79 NO WAIT, UP TO 6.21 a gallon!! with link.
We seriously need to do something about this. The price on barrels of oil go down, yet the price of gas goes up.
 Quoting: Se7en

That's because oil isn't gas. Oil needs to be refined and our refineries are few and shit. That's why gas is expensive.
 Quoting: This Is Not Me

They haven't built a refinery in the USA in over 30 years or so im told...
Saratonin

User ID: 6418504
United States
10/05/2012 03:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: ITS A FRIKKEN Gas Stampede!! ITS...GASOGEDDON!! 5.79 NO WAIT, UP TO 6.21 a gallon!! with link.
Sneak peak at doom!

- Sara
My Blog - [link to blog.emergencyoutdoors.com]
Online Survival Store - [link to www.emergencyoutdoors.com]
Heirloom (Non-GMO) Survival Seeds - [link to www.emergencyoutdoors.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15237539
United States
10/05/2012 03:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Not a problem California will be bankrupt before 2013,Gas will be the least of there problems,Keeping the welfare folk out of there houses when they pull 100% of welfare,Anyone from Cali reading this get some guns to protect yourselves please
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21195758
United States
10/05/2012 03:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
geez, people are so gas oriented. Losers. Get a bike.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23343468

Unrealistic in modern America.
 Quoting: Desert Fox

Will a horse and buggy work?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15368494
United States
10/05/2012 03:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Meanwhile in Venezuela .....$0.18 per gallon ($0.05 per liter)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25020022

So? it's there gas.

Most people I see in this area drive around in this huge gas guzzling SUV.

Sorry no sympathy.bike
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15368494
United States
10/05/2012 03:14 PM
Report Abusive Post

So? it's their gas.

Most people I see in this area drive around in this huge gas guzzling SUV.

Sorry no sympathy.bike
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 15368494
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24521357
United States
10/05/2012 03:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sneak peak at doom!

- Sara
 Quoting: Saratonin

EXACTLY! Imagine this all over the US but not because of refinery issues, but because of an oil shortage caused by WAR in the middle east! It would be short term since the monetary system would collapse soon after. Oil is the life-blood of the planet, especially in the transportation and manufacturing sector. If OIL per barrel triples in cost, the financial system would collapse in a very short period of time. Think big picture here.

Costs for everything would quadruple almost overnight. Good luck getting your high blood pressure or diabetes medication in such a scenario. Even if you could afford to buy goods and services, most deliveries would stop because of gas/diesel rationing. Police departments would be crippled because of lack of fuel for there cars...

...and once the cold, desperate and hungry hoards realize this...ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE.....
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 19420840
United States
10/05/2012 03:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
6.21...A GAL IN FRISCO..

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.}

I love GOD..I love america...its people..and pray to the LIVING GOD HELP THIS NATION, A NATION THAT HAS ALL RACES..COLORS RELIGIONS..O LORD.

link to www.californiagasprices.com
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17851333
United States
10/05/2012 04:00 PM
Report Abusive Post

Unrealistic in modern America.
 Quoting: Desert Fox

Will a horse and buggy work?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21195758

Yes, until someone eats your horse for dinner.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 19420840
United States
10/05/2012 04:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
GOT 40 GALLONS..PAID 4.29..IF IT GOES TO 20.00 A GALL.ILL SELL..CUZ I ordered the natural gas conversion FOR DA RIDE..

CNG Natural Gas Conversion for $1000

PRICE FOR CNG? 1.97...
[link to www.cngprices.com]
 Quoting: Gonviral

lets do this....f the gasoline!
Mwalk
Low Earth Orbit

User ID: 1067150
United States
10/05/2012 04:10 PM

Report Abusive Post
GOT 40 GALLONS..PAID 4.29..IF IT GOES TO 20.00 A GALL.ILL SELL..CUZ I ordered the natural gas conversion FOR DA RIDE..

CNG Natural Gas Conversion for $1000

PRICE FOR CNG? 1.97...
[link to www.cngprices.com]

lets do this....f the gasoline!

Don't think the gov. won't realize that CNG is too cheap and needs to be raised, especially if CNG demand increases.
“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16752639
United States
10/05/2012 04:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
I filled up on diesel in St Louis, $3.71 a gallon at a QT station. In Illinois it was over 4 bucks a gallon on I-64. Cali is taking it on the chin. I'd move out of there.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24447374
United States
10/05/2012 04:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Although I get bored working from home in my pjs, glad I don't have to deal with high gas prices.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22116104

Oh.. Don't think that you can sit there in your pj's feeling all smug. The high gas prices will also be hitting food delivery services and other services too. Get ready for energy and high food price spikes . Now let that smug smile drop and go put some clothes on.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1520481

that is the classic response you receive from a 60 years old... they never see correlations...obviously until they bread price skyrocket
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24999114

Please don't generalize. I am 59, and as soon as I saw the headline on Yahoo News, my very first thought was that if this situation isn't fixed soon, it is going to affect almost everybody very negatively.

My point being that intelligence and lack of same are found in ALL ages.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10399507
United States
10/05/2012 04:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Good go ride a bike...
ehecatl

User ID: 24976969
Mexico
10/05/2012 04:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
This happened in the '70's when there was another Weakass president
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 15176280

Jimbo

Perceived weakness in political leaders is what spurs on all kinds of turmoil for the masses. Something smells fishy about this going down the day after the weak debate. I think that everyone senses that there is more to this than what they say. FWIW the largest refinery in the US is owned by a Venezuelan based company.

All the people I spoke with "on the street" in central Mexico today suddenly suddenly seem have a GLP point of view towards Obama! Go figure. Must be that way on Mexican TV now.

Gas prices in Mexico remain at approx equal to $2.66usd per gallon last I heard but I have not purchased in 3 days. Gas prices are supposed to be equal at all Pemex stations throughout the republic.

Pemex are all full-service stations and will want to wash your windows, check the air on the tires, and the oil, for which it is customary to pay about $1usd tip.

If you don't know the culture and the language some in Mexico, if you are not familiar with how to deal with police for instance, it would not be worth it just for gas. But for those who understand how things work in Mexico, there should not much risk.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1148772
United States
10/05/2012 05:16 PM
Report Abusive Post

Jimbo

Which means it's a crisis being engineered by Republicans.
Black Diamond
User ID: 20028740
United States
10/05/2012 05:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
We seriously need to do something about this. The price on barrels of oil go down, yet the price of gas goes up.
 Quoting: Se7en

That's because oil isn't gas. Oil needs to be refined and our refineries are few and shit. That's why gas is expensive.
 Quoting: This Is Not Me

They haven't built a refinery in the USA in over 30 years or so im told...
 Quoting: BrokenTrust

They being the oil companies. You will be told it is all about environmentalist wackos and the government. They,the oil industry, were actually trying to close down a refinery in Bakersfield ,California and were told "no". For Homeland Security reasons the government should take over oil refining. Many more refineries need to be built and it would be a great employment booster ! Looks like it is up to the government to get this ball rolling.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5859380
United States
10/05/2012 05:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Funny timing... first debate is done, Obama blew it. Turkey attacks Syria. Iranian money loses almost half it's value.

Now this in california. for the US, it had to start somewhere I guess. I wonder, do you guys think that gas and all those things I mentioned above have any connection, no matter how small???
 Quoting: CitizenX1

I feel they do, for whatever my opinion is worth the 7.8% unemployment number is a fabricated counter balance to this as well.

Game on.

prep up people.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24857213
United States
10/05/2012 05:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
maybe it might be time for the California Attorney General
to start putting some executives of gasoline distributing
companies in jail for price gouging and profiteering.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25007691
United States
10/05/2012 05:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Although I get bored working from home in my pjs, glad I don't have to deal with high gas prices.

Oh.. Don't think that you can sit there in your pj's feeling all smug. The high gas prices will also be hitting food delivery services and other services too. Get ready for energy and high food price spikes . Now let that smug smile drop and go put some clothes on.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1520481

that is the classic response you receive from a 60 years old... they never see correlations...obviously until they bread price skyrocket
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24999114

Please don't generalize. I am 59, and as soon as I saw the headline on Yahoo News, my very first thought was that if this situation isn't fixed soon, it is going to affect almost everybody very negatively.

My point being that intelligence and lack of same are found in ALL ages.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24447374

A lot of food comes from California.I cant see truckers wanting to deal with that mess and the cost wouldnt be worth it.I suspect this will trickle to other states since refineries are the problem,
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7944035
United States
10/05/2012 05:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
LONG..LONG LINES!

ON KABC...now..

some stations have closed..

As a result, wholesale prices have jumped nearly 73 cents a gallon over the last week. Experts predict that stations are about to pass on that cost to California drivers this week, and there's nothing drivers can do about it.

According to fuel analysts, we could see a jump of 10 to 30 cents a gallon in a matter of days.

What's causing this price spike? The problem is low production blamed on several oil refinery outages due to the extreme heat and continuing problems from an oil refinery fire in Northern California this summer.

californa doom only!

Bet you outa state peeps are lovin it

[link to abclocal.go.com]

Poetic justice for Libtard tree hugging knuckleheads. Good luck.
 Quoting: Jericho9

This is what the problem is......ignorant people giving one personality to a state of 60 million. Where are you from....I will be able to bag on that states "personality" too.
ehecatl

User ID: 24976969
Mexico
10/05/2012 05:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

Well, that's a no-brainer, if Venezuela is not only sitting on major reserves, but owns the very refineries in the US that are causeing this shortage.

But this is also because, from what I read, that the refineries are diverting this production to Israel for several weeks.

They will not be loosing on the deal I suspect, but probably will be earning earning more like double or triple profits if that is the case, but what do I know.

Gas is approximately equal to $2.66usd per gallon (10.8pmx@lt) in Mexico btw. The stations all charge the same price throughout the republic. They are all full service. They wash the windows and check the tires and oil if you like, and a .50cent to $1 tip is customary (5-10pmx).

Remember, this all may have been waiting in the wings as an option, but it really went down within 24 hours of Obama's failed debate.

Perceived weakness in political leaders is the principal cause of all forms of social instability.

The thing is, is when TPTB "turn the soil" and cause upheaval in the system, they usually have it planned so that most of them will come out on top of it all with more money and power than ever. Although they will probably try to thin out the top of the pyramid too if they can.

I may know less about this than most of you, but something seems to be going on behind the scenes.

Last Edited by ehecatl on 10/05/2012 06:04 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15170057
Canada
10/05/2012 05:40 PM
Report Abusive Post

You ride a bike in the winter with snow cover and get back to me! Idiot.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/05/2012 05:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
maybe it might be time for the California Attorney General
to start putting some executives of gasoline distributing
companies in jail for price gouging and profiteering.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24857213

bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22775126
Canada
10/05/2012 05:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
To be honest...

freaking about time that you the USA have to pay those prices.... Dont be selfish, we're paying big bucks since forever !!

Payback time bitches !

oil
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25014798
United States
10/05/2012 05:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Gas is approximately equal to $2.66usd per gallon (10.8pmx@lt) in Mexico btw. The stations all charge the same price throughout the republic. They are all full service. They wash the windows and check the tires and oil if you like, and a .50cent to $1 tip is customary (5-10pmx).
 Quoting: ehecatl

And then they chop your head off with a chainsaw.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/05/2012 05:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: ehecatl

And then they chop your head off with a chainsaw.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25014798

yeh, Mexico would be a nice country if it weren't
for all the pschopathic murderers running around all over the place.
davvi

User ID: 3677166
United States
10/05/2012 06:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

Jimbo

Which means it's a crisis being engineered by Republicans.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1148772

yea right like republicans have so much power in california, sit down and be quiet and stop making such a fool of yourself. this is a direct result of liberal california gas standards which are different than most other states and place a burden on the taxpayer.
Lazy_Dog

User ID: 1179820
United States
10/05/2012 06:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just filled up my car here in Dublin, CA, $4.999 a gallon for 91 octane.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22302236
Canada
10/05/2012 06:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
lmfao!!!

You americans.

In canada, we pay the equivalent of that every fucking day for our gas. It has been like this for what, two, three years? 1.35 a litre canadian equals 6.075 for a gallon in the U.S.

And 1.35 is the regular price for our gas, on weekends and other days it can be as high as 1.45!!!

GLP