Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,239 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 907,459
Pageviews Today: 1,512,736Threads Today: 620Posts Today: 10,779
03:20 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Tweets from around the U.S. " long lines at gas stations right now!" Panic buying! Fights!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24877449
United States
10/05/2012 09:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Tweets from around the U.S. " long lines at gas stations right now!" Panic buying! Fights!
Not in MN no issue getting gas other than it is overpriced at $3.899
 Quoting: MaryAlananB

Fueled up in yesterday at $3.949 in Duluth.
 Quoting: mopar28m

Um is that because you're NOT in California ? Duh
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24723935
United States
10/05/2012 09:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Tweets from around the U.S. " long lines at gas stations right now!" Panic buying! Fights!
buncha whiney babies. we pay over $8 a gallon.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24903444

Yeah but your entire country would fit in my back yard
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24945571
United States
10/05/2012 09:53 AM
Report Abusive Post

Many people here in the US drive over an hour one way just to get to work everyday. And yes...many are spoiled with their big SUV's and trucks.

My grandson plays soccer for his high school, and there are several games. I drive an hour to his house at least two times a week, then my daughter and I drive an hour to the "away" games. Two days ago I was with her when she filled up with gas for her SUV...her bill was $102.00.
Bluebird

User ID: 730536
United States
10/05/2012 09:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
why does the states always have issues?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2595311

Because we border Canada AND Mexico.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24736232

because USA is asshole of the world

dont piss us off or we will make you walk
 Quoting: acewhole777

Maybe romney will be elected and then we will drill our own and not buy yours any more. Ever think of that? It would also foil Obama's big plans to Bankrupt the coal industry as well as removed some of the tens of thousands of regulations he has put on all this.

If we're the asshole of the world I guess that makes Canada the hemmerhoid of the world as there you are stuck right to us.
One of the most important aspects of conspiracy theories is being able to discern when there isn't one.

Oh yeah, like you'd understand anyway.

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?. . .J. Handy
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/05/2012 09:55 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24723935

chuckle
Top Hat
Top Hat

User ID: 10235814
United States
10/05/2012 09:56 AM

Report Abusive Post
Gas is a commodity traded on the market like wheat or pork bellies. It just so happens to also be a national security issue if it races upwards like commodities sometimes do.
Cities can erupt in violence, businesses can fail and regimes can fall along with this commodity index should it become too volatile. Welcome to the beginning of the end of our entitlement prosperity (that supposedly entitles Americans to non-market forces) should it spiral out if control.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20898323
United States
10/05/2012 09:57 AM
Report Abusive Post

You don't have your own refinieries or oil under your butt.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14207070
United States
10/05/2012 09:57 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24877449

you do realize what the thread title says correct? apparently "tweets from around the U.S." refers only to california. i know it's shocking, but there is more to the US than the west coast
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20898323
United States
10/05/2012 09:58 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24877449

OP said around the US in his title. Its only CA.
truthwillsetyoufreeag​ain

User ID: 1210645
United States
10/05/2012 09:59 AM

Report Abusive Post

That is only ONE problem your country has.
thair

As long as I am an American citizen and American blood runs in these veins I shall hold myself at liberty to speak, to write, and to publish whatever I please on any subject.” - Elijah Parish Lovejoy(1802-1837)

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent...Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government...Thomas Jefferson

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty...Thomas Jefferson

Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light...George Washington
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4865758
Germany
Report Abusive Post
The gas prices in the US are ridiculously cheap compared to the litre price of approx. 1,75€ Germany, let alone some European countries with even higher prices like the Netherlands or Norway.

I have no clue whatsoever why you should panick due to such laughable prices per gallon in your country, which, by the way, literally controls the world's oil prices by its military might and it's epic financial fraud via a completely manipulated $ value.
Texas2012

User ID: 17919980
United States
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24723935

I can see Russia from my backyard!!

Hehe..
Gas Doom
User ID: 24817500
Canada
10/05/2012 10:01 AM
Report Abusive Post

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14207070
United States
10/05/2012 10:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
The gas prices in the US are ridiculously cheap compared to the litre price of approx. 1,75€ Germany, let alone some European countries with even higher prices like the Netherlands or Norway.

I have no clue whatsoever why you should panick due to such laughable prices per gallon in your country, which, by the way, literally controls the world's oil prices by its military might and it's epic financial fraud via a completely manipulated $ value.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4865758

generally speaking, americans are spoiled rotten. how do you think our government gets away with all the shit they do? as long as americans get their cheap gas, fast food and honey boo boo they have no reason to complain. this coming from an american
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25007707
Hungary
10/05/2012 10:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
just let me know if im wrong

1 gallon = 3,78 L
5 USD = 3,84 EUR

So you are panicking because you are paying 1EUR/L? I Pay 1,7 EUR/L, thats like 8USD/gallon..
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22459462

Yep almost same price here in Hungary with monthly average income of 400€, that is what... 500 Usd?

So americans should just stop panicking and dump their SUV's that consume 12-15 litres / 100 km while causing at least TWICE the pollution of any car in Europe.

So your cars cause double pollution, you pay HALF price for gas and your income is at least three times the income of say Eastern Europe. So just pull your heads out of your arses and stop panicking!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16845676
United States
10/05/2012 10:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to gasbuddy.com]

good link to havehiding
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16845676
United States
10/05/2012 10:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
Oil Prices Below $90, But for How Long?

[link to investorplace.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4613981
United States
10/05/2012 10:04 AM
Report Abusive Post

Your nose is gonna start growing.... As of 10/5/12
[link to www.afneurope.net]
Per Gallon Per Liter Cng. (+/-)

Premium $4.399 --- +0.000

Diesel $4.399 --- +0.000
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25007707
Hungary
10/05/2012 10:05 AM
Report Abusive Post

clappaclappaclappa
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23777758
United States
Report Abusive Post
I just got back. I filled up, and at 1:30 am there was a line. 3 cars at each pump at two gas stations across the street from each other.

Night all

It's up to $3.58/gal ! This morning it was $3.38/gal

Guess I should have purchased yesterday!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14577918

Excellent. I filled up both vehicles yesterday morning. I guess my timing was right.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24124662
United States
Report Abusive Post
Don't COMPARE Europe to USA. In Europe you have public transportation, buses, trains, taxis, cities are all squeezed in together, you can walk anywhere, stores are everywhere by house, apartments etc. In USA it is requirement to have a car to get anywhere.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25001069
Italy
10/05/2012 10:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
you know guys, people turn into animals when panic.

Now for sure what will happen in the US will be quite entertaining considering panic is the common mindset burnit

that will finally reveal that behind a smoked glass of civilisation US is surely worst that any african country where people usually solve their everyday issues with the use of a machete
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25001069

You are totally FOS as the facts bear out. You do not see us in a panic even in the midst of hurricanes, earthquakes WTC collapse or anything else and it is not us who are burning property and cars in the streets just for the hell of it. That would be you eurotards.

Please cite examples of when and how we have panicked as I contend we are among the least so inclined on the planet. I persoanlly have never seen any panic in my entire life.
 Quoting: Bluebird

wait...

omg omg indians want to breath our air...panic...holocaust

omg omg vietnam wants to attack us....with a small boat full of rusted weapons especially set up for pre...panic...vietnam war

omg omg saddam has mass destruction weapons... panic...war on iraq, oh wait they hadn't any

omg omg 9/11...muslims are so jelouse of us...because we are so intelligent and refined, so unaware of whatever hell sustain our american dream...panic...afganistan etc

but you don't need to enumerate this kind of huge examples of what propels americans.

in america people kill because McDonnals ended apple pie...kill during sales, for a quarter of dollar.

not even the 3rd world country you see so many people dying in violent crimes like in US

FEAR and GREED is what US is founded in

do you really believe americans will comply with heavy recession? is not what they are made for and to ensure to their self as much resources as possible you will end kill your fellow americans
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1970061
United States
10/05/2012 10:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm in San Jose, CA and I paid 4.36 a gallon at Valero last night. It's on the news but not armageddon, yet.....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24736232
United States
10/05/2012 10:08 AM
Report Abusive Post

It's called Different Economies Dumbass.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21129966
United States
10/05/2012 10:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
why does the states always have issues?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2595311

Because we border Canada AND Mexico.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24736232

because USA is asshole of the world

dont piss us off or we will make you walk
 Quoting: acewhole777

when we use all of yours, mexico's, and ME, then you can buy ours for 10x of what we bought your black gold for ;)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19173798
Germany
10/05/2012 10:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
1.889 a liter down here, EURO'S that is!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16712898

DAYUMM! damned

I thought Germany was expensive...
Anonymous Coward
Italy
10/05/2012 10:12 AM
Report Abusive Post

generally speaking, americans are spoiled rotten. how do you think our government gets away with all the shit they do? as long as americans get their cheap gas, fast food and honey boo boo they have no reason to complain. this coming from an american
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14207070

by the patriot act..but surely by any good american, you sir are a terrorist mining the fundaments of this great country...shame on you
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/05/2012 10:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
$1.269 a liter here
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24817500

1 liter = 0.264172052 US gallons
INK3

User ID: 3298982
United States
10/05/2012 10:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
Every time someone in EU mentions that I have to ask this... What do you consider a long trip? I have to drive 60 miles round trip just to get groceries. Spaces and towns are a bit farther apart in the USA.

I know, it pisses me off when I read that too. Not only are things more spread out here, for the most part we DO NOT have much in the way of public transportation. In the area where I live unless you are going to a few specific towns, there is no train service. Bus service is awful and sparse. My husband's commute is 120 miles round trip. How many of you in EU have a commute like that?

Last Edited by INK3 on 10/05/2012 10:14 AM
"When tyrants tremble in their fear, and hear their death knell ringing,
When friends rejoice both far and near, how can I keep from singing"

page7
Anonymous Coward
Italy
10/05/2012 10:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
1.889 a liter down here, EURO'S that is!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16712898

DAYUMM! damned

I thought Germany was expensive...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19173798

dude...that the price people report from other countries surely is for unleaded mixed with tons of ethanol and other shit (even in top brand reseller) and that the common unleaded is even over 2 euros

GLP