Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,791 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 348,130
Pageviews Today: 549,061Threads Today: 187Posts Today: 2,707
06:55 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Tweets from around the U.S. " long lines at gas stations right now!" Panic buying! Fights!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20450503
United States
10/05/2012 11:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Tweets from around the U.S. " long lines at gas stations right now!" Panic buying! Fights!
We are paying $1.20 to $1.269/litre, that is approx $4.54 to $4.80/gallon.

Quit your whining already.

We drive as much as you guys do and often have to warm our vehicles up before we can drive them which eats up mucho gas.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 628775

thats your fault for putting up with it. fucking sheeple
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24995566
Mexico
10/05/2012 11:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Tweets from around the U.S. " long lines at gas stations right now!" Panic buying! Fights!
Fuel shortage because we've been selling so much gas to Mexico. People forget just because we drill oil here in the US doesn't mean it stays here. Oil companies sell to highest bidder. Period.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20014148

?? We are net exporter. You are net importer. Fact.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24945571
United States
10/05/2012 11:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
buncha whiney babies. we pay over $8 a gallon.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24903444

Yeah but your entire country would fit in my back yard
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24723935

I can see Russia from my backyard!!

Hehe..
 Quoting: Texas2012

Russia CAN be seen from Alaska! I have never understood why it's a joke. Perhaps the uneducated laugh because Sarah Palin said it. She's not stupid!

This are comments from about.com:

John Concilus says:
Actually, you can see Russia from the mainland of Alaska. I’ve done so...
Although you can’t see the cliffs of Chukotka from the BEACH, if get get a 100 feet or more up the hill right behind the school, you CAN see the Russian Mainland on clear days. Honest.

Peter N. says:
I have seen Russia from Alaska as well. It’s easy. The mountains (which are quite high) in far eastern Russia are easily visible from Gambel, on St. Lawrence Is., AK. You may not be able to see the ground in Russia from mainland AK, but high mountain peaks are easily seen, especially from SLI.

Dinesh Desai says:
The two Diomede islands in the Bering Strait are only two miles apart. The big Diomede belongs to Russia while the little Diomede is part of Alaska. So, without worrying about the horizon, one can easily see Russia from Alaska.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24995566
Mexico
10/05/2012 11:10 AM
Report Abusive Post

We drive as much as you guys do and often have to warm our vehicles up before we can drive them which eats up mucho gas.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20450503

Actually Canada energy consumption per capita more than anywhere in the world.
Copernica

User ID: 17525775
United States
10/05/2012 11:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
Curious..

Gasbuddy says our gas here in Cleveland is going down.

Prices Falling
Cleveland USA

Yesterday 3.640 3.794
One Week Ago 3.727 3.798
One Month Ago 3.826 3.806
One Year Ago 3.256 3.430

Last Edited by Copernica the Proud American on 10/05/2012 11:18 AM
God Bless President TRUMP! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8264381
United States
10/05/2012 11:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
I just got back. I filled up, and at 1:30 am there was a line. 3 cars at each pump at two gas stations across the street from each other.

Night all

It's up to $3.58/gal ! This morning it was $3.38/gal

Guess I should have purchased yesterday!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14577918

UP TO 3.58?!?!?!?!

&$%*#, I've been paying over $4/gal for MONTHS in New York!!!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16782049
United States
10/05/2012 11:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Curious..

Prices Falling
Cleveland USA

Yesterday 3.640 3.794
One Week Ago 3.727 3.798
One Year Ago 3.256 3.430
 Quoting: Copernica

Yep... Going down and only up .39cents in 1 year. Thats only 15%... That is OK....
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/05/2012 11:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Curious..

Prices Falling
Cleveland USA

Yesterday 3.640 3.794
One Week Ago 3.727 3.798
One Year Ago 3.256 3.430
 Quoting: Copernica

Yep... Going down and only up .39cents in 1 year. Thats only 15%... That is OK....
 Quoting: Nlightened

If we average the yearly increase it amounts to only 25%.. That to is OK...
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/05/2012 11:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
I just got back. I filled up, and at 1:30 am there was a line. 3 cars at each pump at two gas stations across the street from each other.

Night all

It's up to $3.58/gal ! This morning it was $3.38/gal

Guess I should have purchased yesterday!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14577918

UP TO 3.58?!?!?!?!

&$%*#, I've been paying over $4/gal for MONTHS in New York!!!!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8264381

Funny how the Major Dem. Controlled states pay so much more.. Ethanol is going to become scarce... But hey.. At least we all pay for the Welfare at the pumps program : )
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24997206
United Kingdom
10/05/2012 11:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Every time someone in EU mentions that I have to ask this... What do you consider a long trip? I have to drive 60 miles round trip just to get groceries. Spaces and towns are a bit farther apart in the USA.
 Quoting: MaryAlananB

dude, you are so screwed. I consider a long trip about 3 hours, 7 hours is a very long way to get to Cornwall.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 628775
Canada
10/05/2012 11:25 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24995566

Come spend a winter up here and you will know why.
Vision Thing

User ID: 23462738
United States
10/05/2012 11:25 AM

Report Abusive Post
Yep fine here in MN as stated earlier.
(Just wanted to make my first post nothing new to say lol)
 Quoting: CygnusXI

hi Welcome to the forum Cygnus. Hope you don't regret joining GLP chuckle
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24971988
Canada
10/05/2012 11:27 AM
Report Abusive Post

Come spend a winter up here and you will know why.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24997206
United Kingdom
10/05/2012 11:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Every time someone in EU mentions that I have to ask this... What do you consider a long trip? I have to drive 60 miles round trip just to get groceries. Spaces and towns are a bit farther apart in the USA.

I know, it pisses me off when I read that too. Not only are things more spread out here, for the most part we DO NOT have much in the way of public transportation. In the area where I live unless you are going to a few specific towns, there is no train service. Bus service is awful and sparse. My husband's commute is 120 miles round trip. How many of you in EU have a commute like that?
 Quoting: INK3

well apes there is people in europe that live away from groceries and have to do 100 km round trip....but they are not that mental to go everyday, not even once a week...organize yourself, shop local, produce something and stfu

I doesn't even pass my mind to do even 30 km if not a couple of time a month
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25001069

The difference is that a hundred km roundtrip is still only something like 60 miles or so. People in europe tend to forget that their entire countries are only about the size of any given state. Where I live at here in N.C towns are normally 15 to 30 miles apart and cities can be a hundred miles apart. My daily trip to work is around 85 miles round trip, thats each day and thats if I only go to work and straight back home. Factor in a stop at a store and my total can easily top 100 miles or more a day. So when you tell me to shop local you failt to realize how far I live from any stores at all, fuckin smartass.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1634755

I know, it pisses me off when I read that too. Not only are things more spread out here, for the most part we DO NOT have much in the way of public transportation. In the area where I live unless you are going to a few specific towns, there is no train service. Bus service is awful and sparse. My husband's commute is 120 miles round trip. How many of you in EU have a commute like that?

well apes there is people in europe that live away from groceries and have to do 100 km round trip....but they are not that mental to go everyday, not even once a week...organize yourself, shop local, produce something and stfu

The difference is that a hundred km roundtrip is still only something like 60 miles or so. People in europe tend to forget that their entire countries are only about the size of any given state. Where I live at here in N.C towns are normally 15 to 30 miles apart and cities can be a hundred miles apart. My daily trip to work is around 85 miles round trip, thats each day and thats if I only go to work and straight back home. Factor in a stop at a store and my total can easily top 100 miles or more a day. So when you tell me to shop local you failt to realize how far I live from any stores at all, fuckin smartass.

Nobody's fault but your own bud. If had you had actually read the limits to growth back in the 70s you might have had a little time to prepare. Much easier to blame the guberment and all dem conspiracys though isn't it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24103458
United States
10/05/2012 11:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
Why do you people still use gas. Grow a brain and go electric already. Cant figure it out then stop complaining and caught up the cash.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24682393

Where do you think the majority of electricity comes from braniac? Here's some help, Coal. You remember coal, the industry that Obama has waged war against with regulations and taxation.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24950264
United States
10/05/2012 11:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
why does the states always have issues?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2595311

because it is forced on us.they watch th TV turn it off!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14392840
United States
10/05/2012 11:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
Why do you people still use gas. Grow a brain and go electric already. Cant figure it out then stop complaining and caught up the cash.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24682393

Where do you think the majority of electricity comes from braniac? Here's some help, Coal. You remember coal, the industry that Obama has waged war against with regulations and taxation.
 Quoting: Son of Thor

I remember Romney talking about bringing back coal. The coal plants in the USA employed a lot of people and towns.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1443872
Netherlands
10/05/2012 11:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
Doom On!
TSHF finally!
gaah
Serenity777

User ID: 1129812
United States
10/05/2012 11:33 AM
Report Abusive Post

Does this look familiar to you?
[link to www.nytimes.com]

If not...how about THIS??? [link to www.reuters.com]

Before you speak...make sure that you can't be countered so easily when attempting to sound "Holier than thou."

jay

Last Edited by Serenity777 on 10/05/2012 11:36 AM
watching the "run up" to the elections and the "hopes and dreams" that are built as a result is like watching a dead mouse that is still able to make his exercise wheel go around because his nerves are still twitching that familiar motion...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1065356
United States
10/05/2012 11:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
it's simply a
vrwc
to make the O-for-Brains look baD
Serenity777

User ID: 1129812
United States
10/05/2012 11:42 AM
Report Abusive Post

clappa
watching the "run up" to the elections and the "hopes and dreams" that are built as a result is like watching a dead mouse that is still able to make his exercise wheel go around because his nerves are still twitching that familiar motion...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 628775
Canada
10/05/2012 11:46 AM
Report Abusive Post

clappa
 Quoting: Serenity777

Okay and how is all that complaining working out for you.
Has it lowered the price since you started bitching.

Thought not.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25010547
United States
10/05/2012 11:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
The gas prices in the US are ridiculously cheap compared to the litre price of approx. 1,75€ Germany, let alone some European countries with even higher prices like the Netherlands or Norway.

I have no clue whatsoever why you should panick due to such laughable prices per gallon in your country, which, by the way, literally controls the world's oil prices by its military might and it's epic financial fraud via a completely manipulated $ value.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4865758

And your point is...?

All jokes aside, it is not, technically, the US that does this, it's the illuminutties. These people come from all over, including your country. Idol1
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6383062
United States
10/05/2012 11:50 AM
Report Abusive Post

Nobody's fault but your own bud. If had you had actually read the limits to growth back in the 70s you might have had a little time to prepare. Much easier to blame the guberment and all dem conspiracys though isn't it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24997206

You mean that document aponsored by / put out by the Club of Rome?

[link to www.clubofrome.org]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24945571
United States
10/05/2012 11:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Fuel shortage because we've been selling so much gas to Mexico. People forget just because we drill oil here in the US doesn't mean it stays here. Oil companies sell to highest bidder. Period.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20014148

?? We are net exporter. You are net importer. Fact.

You're wrong! February 29, 2012:

"For the first time since 1949, the United States exported more gasoline, heating oil and diesel fuel last year than it imported, the Energy Department reported today."

[link to content.usatoday.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1443872
Netherlands
10/05/2012 12:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
the thread was just off.
somebody on playing?
wtf?
fuck off really
User ID: 24825617
United Kingdom
10/05/2012 12:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
yep more bsflagbsflagbsflag
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24997521
United Kingdom
10/05/2012 12:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

we got uk prices AND us distances- yet mad max apart- we dont have anything like the us behaviours ( and no we dont all drive supercharged v8 interceptors in oz...)

god knows many (most??) of us would love an xb coupe with a supercharged 351

most of us drive fuel efficient cars that get 5l/100km or less

I got a thirsty diesel 4wd- it uses 10l/100km

richer folks that can afford new cars buy euro cars that get less than 5l/100km

I consider a long trip 1000km or more- that's a weekender trip down to my sisters place- another 200km gets me to mums house

I currently live in town (30km) but I did live at a farm (rural property we called it) it took 40 mins at 160kmh to drive to the nearest shop.... so I made sure I had ciggy papers....

but `you have to drive 50km each way AND pay less than a dollar a litre..'

boo hoo

cry me a river...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14391248
United States
10/05/2012 12:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Filled up this morning in Chicago. No other cars there.

Nice try, OP.
Hitokiri

User ID: 3964477
United States
10/05/2012 12:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
why does the states always have issues?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2595311

Because we border Canada AND Mexico.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24736232

Kermit and Crist

Last Edited by Hitokiri on 10/05/2012 12:11 PM
"We learn from history that we learn nothing from history." - George Bernard Shaw

GLP