Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,338 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 282,282
Pageviews Today: 371,673Threads Today: 120Posts Today: 1,451
03:11 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Why don't Muslims, or atheists, see Muhammad in their near death experiences?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24922246
United States
10/06/2012 08:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Why don't Muslims, or atheists, see Muhammad in their near death experiences?
Do a search for Muslim near death experiences. What you'll find is that many will see Jesus, but never Muhammad, nor any other figures from other religions, such as Buddha, Krishna, etc. After this experience they'll often covert to Christianity.

This happens often with atheists as well. There's been many cases of atheists seeing Jesus, but never Muhammad, and again nor Buddha, Krishna, etc. Likewise, many of these atheists will then covert to Christianity.

Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/06/2012 08:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Why don't Muslims, or atheists, see Muhammad in their near death experiences?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25061971
United States
10/06/2012 08:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Why don't Muslims, or atheists, see Muhammad in their near death experiences?
Pin and bump for excellent question!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22089462
Netherlands
10/06/2012 08:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
Because the cultural identity of the majority of atheists is indeed western. And the main religion, whether you ascribe to it or not, is Christianity.

And still Hindus do NOT get Christian NDE's.

[link to near-death.com]

As for Christians getting Bible inspired NDE's instead of something that there mind comes up with;

[link to christ.org.tw]

I'm pretty sure that when asked the people experiencing the NDE's would not see some ugly mofo as Jesus simply because that is not inline with the cultural identity of western civilization.

Overall I just don't see how NDE's can be used to provide evidence for anything.
Shoot straight Johnny

User ID: 25060653
United Kingdom
10/06/2012 08:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Simple...because Mohammed was a false prophet.
The chariots of God are tens of thousands, and thousands of thousands.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24457885
Germany
10/06/2012 08:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
As OP probably knows, Jesus is important for muslims too.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/06/2012 09:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
Because the cultural identity of the majority of atheists is indeed western. And the main religion, whether you ascribe to it or not, is Christianity.

[link to near-death.com]

As for Christians getting Bible inspired NDE's instead of something that there mind comes up with;

[link to christ.org.tw]

I'm pretty sure that when asked the people experiencing the NDE's would not see some ugly mofo as Jesus simply because that is not inline with the cultural identity of western civilization.

Overall I just don't see how NDE's can be used to provide evidence for anything.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22089462

I checked that link regarding the Hindu NDE, and that's a small study, covering only 16 near death experiences, which can be hard to draw a conclusion. When compared to NDE researchers such as Dr. Jeffery Long, who looked at 2000 NDE cases, and the International Association for Near Death Studies (IANDS), that also looked 1000s of cases. This non-Christian organization IANDS, recently released their latest book and findings 'Dancing Past the Dark: Distressing NDE'. Of the many cases, they share two cases. One by an atheist and a Jew. And again, they both saw Jesus.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/06/2012 09:07 AM
Report Abusive Post

[link to near-death.com]

[link to christ.org.tw]

There are many cases now, of people coming across information in their NDE, that was previously unknown to them. But after the NDE, this information was verified down to the exact details. This shows, the person couldn't have merely imagined the experience based off of former beliefs / knowledge.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/06/2012 09:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24457885

Absolutely. However, in many cases of Muslims seeing Jesus. Jesus, will often provide information, letting the Muslims know that Islam is false.
Anonymous Coward
Netherlands
10/06/2012 09:18 AM
Report Abusive Post

[link to near-death.com]

[link to christ.org.tw]

I checked that link regarding the Hindu NDE, and that's a small study, covering only 16 near death experiences, which can be hard to draw a conclusion. When compared to NDE researchers such as Dr. Jeffery Long, who looked at 2000 NDE cases, and the International Association for Near Death Studies (IANDS), that also looked 1000s of cases. This non-Christian organization IANDS, recently released their latest book and findings 'Dancing Past the Dark: Distressing NDE'. Of the many cases, they share two cases. One by an atheist and a Jew. And again, they both saw Jesus.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24922246

The site of IANDS is this;

[link to www.iands.org]

Please show me which research papers they released that clearly indicate that the Christian NDE's are the "true" ones?

If you cannot link me with any of their research then why exactly are you using them to validate the notion that the Bible is real even though they in no way what so ever make that claim?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/06/2012 09:22 AM
Report Abusive Post

[link to near-death.com]

[link to christ.org.tw]

The site of IANDS is this;

[link to www.iands.org]

Please show me which research papers they released that clearly indicate that the Christian NDE's are the "true" ones?

If you cannot link me with any of their research then why exactly are you using them to validate the notion that the Bible is real even though they in no way what so ever make that claim?

I said book. Here's more information:
[link to iands.org]
Anonymous Coward
Netherlands
10/06/2012 09:22 AM
Report Abusive Post

Absolutely. However, in many cases of Muslims seeing Jesus. Jesus, will often provide information, letting the Muslims know that Islam is false.

So what Christian denomination do all NDE'ers convert to?

I would presume they would all convert to the correct one since they met with Jesus and therefor were divinely inspired?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/06/2012 09:29 AM
Report Abusive Post

So what Christian denomination do all NDE'ers convert to?

I would presume they would all convert to the correct one since they met with Jesus and therefor were divinely inspired?

From the NDEs, for both Muslims and non-Muslims, encountering Jesus. What I'm finding is that many will not choose a denomination that doesn't believe in eternal hell.
AtsuiPanda

User ID: 16510251
United States
10/06/2012 09:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
My cousin drowned for over 4 minutes didnt see shit ( he is a christian )
:/sdfhasdfshasd/:
Those who live by the sword die by the sword, those who don't live by the sword are subject to those who do.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25061695
Italy
10/06/2012 09:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
probably cause their whole culture DO NOT ALLOW TO REPRESENT RELIGIOUS FIGURES...differently from Christianity who made of the iconographic images of Jesus with blond hair and blue eyes, six pack etc the basic meme of christianity
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/06/2012 09:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: AtsuiPanda

Two NDE researchers, Dr. Jeffery Long, and Dr. Rawlings, both found that around 80% of people, don't have near death experiences. More researchers, have confirmed this, so it's very likely and understandable that he didn't have one.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23922342
United States
10/06/2012 09:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
I would say something offensive about Muslim trying to deflower bunch of virgins for eternity...ok ill stop right about now.
AtsuiPanda

United States
10/06/2012 09:39 AM
Report Abusive Post

Two NDE researchers, Dr. Jeffery Long, and Dr. Rawlings, both found that around 80% of people, don't have near death experiences. More researchers, have confirmed this, so it's very likely and understandable that he didn't have one.

No offence but its just mind game
Those who live by the sword die by the sword, those who don't live by the sword are subject to those who do.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/06/2012 09:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
probably cause their whole culture DO NOT ALLOW TO REPRESENT RELIGIOUS FIGURES...differently from Christianity who made of the iconographic images of Jesus with blond hair and blue eyes, six pack etc the basic meme of christianity
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25061695

This is a good theory, however, if you look at the cases of Muslims encountering Jesus. Jesus, let's them know, that Islam is false. I'm still trying to find more, but this has occurred for all cases with Muslims, that I reviewed.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/06/2012 09:41 AM
Report Abusive Post

I would have once assume this, but, there's now many cases of people coming across information that was impossible for them to know about, and previously unknown to them, during the NDE,

but

after the NDE, the person can verify this information down to the exact details. Proving, that this isn't merely a mind game, that they couldn't have imagined this.
AtsuiPanda

United States
10/06/2012 09:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.spiritualforums.com]
AtsuiPanda

United States
10/06/2012 09:44 AM
Report Abusive Post

I would have once assume this, but, there's now many cases of people coming across information that was impossible for them to know about, and previously unknown to them, during the NDE,

but

after the NDE, the person can verify this information down to the exact details. Proving, that this isn't merely a mind game, that they couldn't have imagined this.

Well thats really good info but its not just jesus people see and you gotta ask them tho.. is it jesus or this white guy people have made us think is jesus?..
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/06/2012 09:50 AM
Report Abusive Post

Thanks for the link. Certainly not everyone will encounter Jesus.

Another important factor that many NDE researchers will overlook, is this.

Not all near death experiences, are clinical death experiences.

If a person has a 'near death experience' but isn't actually clinically dead, the experiences tend to be more varied, compared to those who were actually declared clinically dead, this must include no heartbeat, or respiration.

What this suggests, is that near death experiences, in which the person isn't technically clinically dead, will have an experience that's based more if not totally on his subconscious beliefs and expectations.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21903530
Canada
10/06/2012 09:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Why are so many Christians ignorant idiots? Does their religion promote stupidity?

Of course Moslems don't see Mohammed, he was their last prophet. Their hope is in Isa Mesi (Jesus the Messiah in English). Moslems are waiting for the real Jesus to return.

Most Christians are waiting for the fake Jesus of Mormonism or the UFO/rapture Jesus.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25063538
United States
10/06/2012 09:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
"Why don't Muslims, or atheists, see Muhammad in their near death experiences?"

They do.
When they are given visions of hell.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/06/2012 09:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Why are so many Christians ignorant idiots? Does their religion promote stupidity?

Of course Moslems don't see Mohammed, he was their last prophet. Their hope is in Isa Mesi (Jesus the Messiah in English). Moslems are waiting for the real Jesus to return.

Most Christians are waiting for the fake Jesus of Mormonism or the UFO/rapture Jesus.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21903530

Let me add, when Muslims see Jesus in these encounters. Jesus let's them know that Islam is false.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/06/2012 10:00 AM
Report Abusive Post

They do.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25063538

Actually many atheists, saw hell in their NDE, but again, none then believed in Muhammad, but instead converted to Christianity.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25006973
Thailand
10/06/2012 10:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
Not to hijack this thread, but I always wondered how many people who attempted suicide and had a NDE tried it again ?

If NDE's are real then you would expect a really low rate like 1%. If not the percentage would be really high.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25006973
Thailand
10/06/2012 10:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Not to hijack this thread, but I always wondered how many people who attempted suicide and had a NDE tried it again ?

If NDE's are real then you would expect a really low rate like 1%. If not the percentage would be really high.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/06/2012 10:03 AM
Report Abusive Post

They do.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25063538

Actually many atheists, saw hell in their NDE, but again, none then believed in Muhammad, but instead converted to Christianity.

Okay, lol, nvm, I see what you originally meant.

There was one claim, that he saw Muhammad burning in hell. Since this was only case, it's not as reliable. Suggesting Muhammad, never even existed.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/06/2012 10:06 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25006973

Yes, from what I'm finding you're right.

There's been many cases of people committing suicide, seeing hell. And then drastically changing for the better.

There was an unusual case. A child drowned and had NDE, and saw heaven. Later when he was older, he wanted to kill himself, to return to this heavenly place. After the suicide, he had an NDE, had a hellish experience, and then changed this life for the better.

GLP