Realtors, Real Estate Agents

Syait like it is
User ID: 4131474
United States
10/06/2012 09:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Realtors, Real Estate Agents
Realtors and Real Estate Agents have very little clue in the real value of a property. They cause so many listing to beocme "tired Listings" thus putting the seller in such a bad position they have to sell the house at such a reduced price. I have been in mortgages for 25 years, if anyone client knew just how dumb the realotry they picked, they would be shccked!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21211135
United States
10/06/2012 09:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Realtors, Real Estate Agents
There's a new post housing bubble problem now. Owners that cannot find anyone to pay more than they did for the house.
ar-15 nut

User ID: 1281306
United States
10/06/2012 09:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
scheming
We are a REPUBLIC.If we can keep it MORAN!
A pissed off American Veteran!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23200727
United States
10/06/2012 09:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Realtors are for the most part an increidly overpaid group of morons

But home"buyers" are also morons, so they deserve each ther
Realtor I am
User ID: 25077146
United States
10/06/2012 10:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am a Realtor (24 years now). You put all Realtors in the same basket.
MOST mortgage brokers are incompetent, but there are several in my area that I have enormous respect for, as they do a very good job.
MOST of them (not all) tell the prospective buyers that they can definitely get the loan they are seeking. They write "prequalification" letters assuring all of us that they can perform. Four to eight weeks later, they say, "well, I was mistaken...we cannot do this loan." That is why I have my buyers prequalified by competent and capable mortgage lenders who do not make promises they know they cannot perform.
There are good Realtors and there are bad Realtors. There are good mortgage brokers and there are bad ones.
I handle my clients' transactions with the same care that I handle my own.
Realtor I am
User ID: 25077146
United States
10/06/2012 10:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Realtors and Real Estate Agents have very little clue in the real value of a property. They cause so many listing to beocme "tired Listings" thus putting the seller in such a bad position they have to sell the house at such a reduced price. I have been in mortgages for 25 years, if anyone client knew just how dumb the realotry they picked, they would be shccked!
 Quoting: Syait like it is 4131474

And

And I must add that anyone who has been in mortgages for 25 years who spells like you must be a piss poor mortgage whatever-you-are.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1542865
United States
10/06/2012 10:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yes,they are scum, no exceptions.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21211135
United States
10/06/2012 10:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
I read a blog and the guy said they are paid to unlock the door for the house.
WalkerTalker2

User ID: 28731015
United States
12/01/2012 07:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
I am a real estate agent as well...ask around and get some references. Agents are often judgemental- and they want to steal you away from whoever you are working with now. Not all do it, but a lot do. I dont know why we dont require agents to have a college business degree before selling homes. With all the money invlved it makes sense. As it is , some gal can study and pass the state test and take occaional review courses. Its rediciulous. You hire whoever has the best schmeeel....the best looks, the right story....but look deeper- education, time in the business, good references, moral charactor, thats the agent you can trust and feel good about handeling your affairs.
WalkerTalker2
cowardlyMe
User ID: 20395699
United States
12/01/2012 07:37 AM
Report Abusive Post

And

And I must add that anyone who has been in mortgages for 25 years who spells like you must be a piss poor mortgage whatever-you-are.
 Quoting: Realtor I am 25077146

Really! From my experience, realtors contributed greatly to the bubble bursting. They encouraged buyers to bid early and often. I know because I was shopping during that time. I saw the same houses increase by 100K in less than a year's time. I knew that something wasn't right and decided to wait. Good thing I did. Unfortunately, my now-hubby didn't and now we're trying to unload a house that we're upside down on. We've paid down a significant part of the mortgage, but in this area, houses aren't selling for much so we're looking at a short sale. Realtors were the ones encouraging buyers to go beyond their means and the bankers made it happen. I hear now that appraisers are being sued. I'd like to also see the realtors get theirs.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28630651
United States
12/01/2012 08:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
i am really upset with all of it .the dishonest thief ones.My son is buying a short sale , he wants to live near us (Florida).They saw the house liked made an offer ..was accepted and waiting for a closing date ..well..the owners are stealing from the house taking was is suppose to be fixtures ..crown molding ..even the trees .We inform his realtor ( We live nearby and saw whats going on) so she can inform the owners realtors to stop..well her response was the house is still theirs!!!!!!!!! What a bunch of crooks!! What can somebody do about this???????
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1339701
United States
12/01/2012 08:27 AM
Report Abusive Post

And

Quoting: Realtor I am 25077146

grammar and spelling nazis are prone to committing suicide.
cowardlyMe
User ID: 20395699
United States
12/01/2012 09:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
i am really upset with all of it .the dishonest thief ones.My son is buying a short sale , he wants to live near us (Florida).They saw the house liked made an offer ..was accepted and waiting for a closing date ..well..the owners are stealing from the house taking was is suppose to be fixtures ..crown molding ..even the trees .We inform his realtor ( We live nearby and saw whats going on) so she can inform the owners realtors to stop..well her response was the house is still theirs!!!!!!!!! What a bunch of crooks!! What can somebody do about this???????
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28630651

That's a gray area. If attorney review is complete, it might be considered theft. Your son should talk to his attorney.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25000137
Canada
12/01/2012 09:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
Some of the crap houses in my area are up to $140,000.

Some of the "Show homes" $400,000.

If you want some property with that your paying a mil at least.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28761349
Australia
12/01/2012 09:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
real estate booms over.
owners and agents just have to deal with it and start being realistic not greedy.
the bubble burst guys,propertys overvalued for buyers and so is the price of renting.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25867801
United States
12/01/2012 06:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Some of the crap houses in my area are up to $140,000.

Some of the "Show homes" $400,000.

If you want some property with that your paying a mil at least.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25000137

Some areas here, even four years after the crash, are still prohibitively expensive. This guy is from my area and made this short rant in 2009.

GLP