trustmeonthisone
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 9031896
United States
10/07/2012 03:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
MY TRUTH: 21 Years on Spaceship Earth in Search of True Knowledge
Hey GLP. Please allow me to begin by stating that this is my first ever post. I'll try to be entertaining and quick, but I also want to give enough detail that you understand my point of view. Thanks and please enjoy. :)

A little intro about myself. Read for full understanding, skip to TLDR to skip.
For 20 years here on Earth, I never had to think too much. I was blessed with loving parents (perhaps TOO loving at times, haha), a great education, and a good brain. Unfortunately my parents were not the type to ask questions. They believe what is told to them, and I learned this from them. I was asleep. A sheeple lost in the flock. To speed up this summary, my eyes began to open to how miserable most people are with the current way society functions. 40-60 hours of work a week so we can stuff our fat faces and consume all the media we want. I knew I couldn't live this way. I knew many couldn't continue living this way. This led me to question everything I knew about reality down to the most fundamental element, is it even real? Although this question is not one for me to answer, the opinion I have formed from my understanding of quantum physics is that the Universe both exists and doesn't exist at the same time. Therefore, reality is both real and not real. The significance of this is not something I will comment on.
TL,DR: After 20 years as a sheeple I began to see the world in a very different way. This led me to question everything I know about reality. What follows are the answers I came up with.

First I'll sum up what I believe to be true in this reality. I do not believe in coincidence. Too much has happened to me, those that I know, the world, the Universe, for me to believe that all of it was happenstance. One of my favorite sources on this topic is this: [link to www.nytimes.com]
A quote from the article:
"Put together from values important to both special relativity and quantum mechanics, alpha is suspected by some physicists to be a key to the long-sought theory of everything. The secret of the universe is why alpha is one-137th and not, say, one-136th or one-138th. Calculations indicate that if it were slightly different, stars would not exist to produce elements and there would be no life."

That being said, I also believe that this reality is meaningless, in that it has no meaning but the one that you assign to it (what a beautiful, terrible power). No one can perceive reality the way you do, that is an obvious fact. In my opinion that makes this YOUR reality. Another way to put it is that your perspective of reality determines how you see things. If you choose to see things from a negative perspective they will seem negative, while positive will seem positive.

This brings me to what I consider to be the most important point: The choice of perspective, which in my eyes is synonymous with the Choice of Reality. Regardless of what religion you associate with, you have probably heard the story of Adam and Eve. Other than the Bible, because I know many of you may scoff at it's legitimacy, there is one other reference to provide evidence of their existence: [link to en.wikipedia.org]
Whether you believe the story or not, I think there is powerful knowledge to be found in it. It's why I wrote this post.

What happened to Adam and Eve that caused all of future humanity to be damned to a lesser existence? They ate the fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. In my opinion this story is metaphorical, but the message remains the same:
Adam and Eve were damned because they "gained" the knowledge of good and evil.

I will do my best to explain why this is so important, and how it applies to us today. From what I have experienced of our society, the knowledge of good and evil is the force that is destroying us from within. WHO ARE WE TO DEEM THINGS GOOD OR THINGS EVIL? Organisms have evolved over millions of years and none of them have had rules. Then one day we came along and decided we knew good from evil and everything changed. This caused us to place limitations on ourselves and the world around us. Ultimately it has placed limits on our advancement as a species. The Universe is an unjust place, and we perceive ourselves as making it more just by discriminating what is right from wrong? I don't. I say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

After pondering on my conjectures for weeks I have decided to attempt to lay down my opinion of what is good and evil. I am trying to accept all and in doing so am finding that I am much more able to understand other perspectives. It has helped me to become more loving and compassionate towards others, and I am sharing all this with you in hopes that you may find the same peace. This is the only true knowledge I feel I have gained over the 21 years I have been alive. I hope you find truth in it as well. Peace, Love, and Thank You for reading.
trustmeonthisone  (OP)

User ID: 9031896
United States
10/07/2012 03:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: MY TRUTH: 21 Years on Spaceship Earth in Search of True Knowledge
Maybe I was late to come to these conclusions, I know many of you share them.

I would love to hear any opinions you have to offer.

Basically this is a shameless self bump. :)
grasptheuniverse

User ID: 24550459
Australia
10/07/2012 05:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Very good insights from such a young person, if you have worked this out and you are right by the way,imagine what you can learn in the years that follow.
caz
trustmeonthisone  (OP)

User ID: 14853976
United States
10/08/2012 01:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you, I certainly hope to learn more about myself and reality as I continue living.

How is GLP this evening? I wish peace to all you doom-lovers. ;)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25149280
United States
10/08/2012 01:52 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: trustmeonthisone

You really don't know what the fuck you are talking about.
trustmeonthisone  (OP)

User ID: 14853976
United States
10/08/2012 01:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

You really don't know what the fuck you are talking about.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25149280

I never claimed to know THE truth, I provided you with my own. What do you believe? What is your reaction to what I have to say?
trustmeonthisone  (OP)

User ID: 4563508
United States
10/08/2012 11:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
I was hoping for a bit more dialogue from this thread... I really want to hear what other people believe in regards to this. Constructive criticism would be more than welcomed, even appreciated. Anyone...?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18847658
United States
10/08/2012 12:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Some philosophical ramblings.

The Idea that our perception is the maker of reality is laughable.

Objective truth is the reality maker, and our ability to perceive it as mortal humans is childlike.

Humility and compassion for one another in the face of this are the imperative. We however are without discernment on what is true. Deceived as it were into thinking we create it.

If you are humble the truth will be your ally and set you free.
If you are arrogant the truth becomes your nemesis and will eventually destroy you.

Objective truth is the mandate of God alone. He is the maker of what is real. We humans will always do well to remember this.

Seek God. In my 40 years here I have found that he longs to be found, and will rain wisdom and meaning down on the heart any man that finds him.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4298959
United States
10/08/2012 02:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Humility and compassion for one another in the face of this are the imperative. We however are without discernment on what is true. Deceived as it were into thinking we create it.

If you are humble the truth will be your ally and set you free.
If you are arrogant the truth becomes your nemesis and will eventually destroy you.

Objective truth is the mandate of God alone. He is the maker of what is real. We humans will always do well to remember this.

Seek God. In my 40 years here I have found that he longs to be found, and will rain wisdom and meaning down on the heart any man that finds him.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18847658

THANK YOU. This is the kind of response I needed. You have no idea how starved I am for conversations like this. I will take your advice to heart. I have been seeking God and I strive to live the lessons that Jesus and other ascended masters have taught for many years.

What you said about compassion, that really hits home. There is just not enough of it in the world. That was my whole purpose of making this thread, really. I want to push compassion to the people! :)

Thank you for your response, perhaps I have given us mortals a bit too much power with our perceptions. However, I also believe there is more to all of us than meets the eye. ;)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18847658
United States
10/09/2012 05:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Truly more than meets the eye.
Real Talk
User ID: 11786928
United States
10/09/2012 05:29 AM
Report Abusive Post

My conclusion/reality perspective relating to the fruit of the knowledge of the tree of good and evil....

Thread: Fruit from the Tree of Knowledge(Gnosis) & End Times Deception-That old serpent-(Kundalini) was cast down to Earth with his angels and they dece

GLP