More than likely the mayan and others saw

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25127698
United States
10/08/2012 01:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
More than likely the mayan and others saw
With so many ancient cultures all predicting something in 2012.
More than likely they saw a very large asteroid or comet, They tracked the time and date it would hit for future generations. This would also explain many odd activities the gov has been doing recently. Including all the small rocks b n flung at earth.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 25127698
United States
10/08/2012 01:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: More than likely the mayan and others saw
If u were in a position of power and couldn't stop what was gonna happen.
Wouldn't you build bunkers to keep some people alive hopefully. And stock up on as much food and ammo as you could for the surface people that make it . The astronomers that are catching a glimpse of this beast are bn quieted as soon as they report it. Smaller faster asteroids are b n flung right at us more will come. Also we now have a last ditch efforts of deep impact
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9105652
United States
10/08/2012 01:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
it would be more obvious. there are too many people with telescopes to hide something of that magnitude
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1366222
United States
10/08/2012 02:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
reminds me of the movie Deep Impact. The gov didnt want anyone to know, kinda like now with all the astronomers dieing.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19101438
United States
10/08/2012 02:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
i agree...more people would have seen this by now and reported it...we wont be getting smashed by any comets anytime soon.
Paradise Havona

User ID: 1405948
United States
10/08/2012 02:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
i agree...more people would have seen this by now and reported it...we wont be getting smashed by any comets anytime soon.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19101438

agreed, although what is coming is cosmic in scale, hence the astronomers being whacked..... in my opinion anyways
i get on this site... way too much
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23579473
United States
10/08/2012 02:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
How do you propose they observed an object that wasn't going to hit the Earth for another couple thousand years?

My opinion is that they understood (or uncovered) the cycles (movement) of our solar system and believed the Earth and more importantly our Sun would undergo changes as a result of the completion of the cycle. From this perspective the position of our solar system would be the catalyst for the world 'ages' that we experience.
Iolair

User ID: 25167884
Germany
10/08/2012 03:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
yup.
They were great astronomers and they spent a lot of time on it. More then we could do since the beginning of modern astronomy. But some things are still odd, how they could have figured it out..
Anyway, they knew the cycles, they´ve lived through them more than once. That´s why they could foresee.

How do you propose they observed an object that wasn't going to hit the Earth for another couple thousand years?

My opions is that they understood (or uncovered) the cycles (movement) of our solar system and believed the Earth and more importantly our Sun would undergo changes as a result of the completion of the cycle. From this perspective the position of our solar system would be the catalyst for the world 'ages' that we experience.
 Quoting: ANHEDONIC

There will come a time when you believe everything ends.
This will be the beginning
[Louis L'Amour]

~ A r c t u r u s
Doomcookie

User ID: 25195201
United States
10/09/2012 12:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.youtube.com]
Xero Time

User ID: 23224688
United Kingdom
10/09/2012 12:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
If u were in a position of power and couldn't stop what was gonna happen.
Wouldn't you build bunkers to keep some people alive hopefully. And stock up on as much food and ammo as you could for the surface people that make it . The astronomers that are catching a glimpse of this beast are bn quieted as soon as they report it. Smaller faster asteroids are b n flung right at us more will come. Also we now have a last ditch efforts of deep impact
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25127698

This could kinda tie into what you are saying, Ignore the NIBIRU title and look at the facts.

peace
Xero Time

GLP