Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,278 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 181,576
Pageviews Today: 304,936Threads Today: 96Posts Today: 1,851
04:29 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

So You Believe Unemployment's 7.8%? Really?? Here's Reality for You.

telling it straight

User ID: 1461054
United States
10/08/2012 10:27 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
So You Believe Unemployment's 7.8%? Really?? Here's Reality for You.
Take a look at the layoffs announced each day. Take time to look at this everyday and you'll see how bad things really are.

[link to www.dailyjobcuts.com]

Take a look at the TRUE unemployment rate.

[link to www.shadowstats.com]

So what will you believe? The bogus government manufactured number or the reality staring you in the face?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18304550
United States
10/08/2012 10:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: So You Believe Unemployment's 7.8%? Really?? Here's Reality for You.
I don't think that you would find a single visitor to this site that would disagree with this.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4183338
Canada
10/08/2012 10:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
I don't think that you would find a single visitor to this site that would disagree with this.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18304550

You betcha!.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7768903
United States
10/08/2012 10:44 AM
Report Abusive Post

True, most people with 1/2 brain cell have a clue.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/08/2012 10:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
Take a look at the layoffs announced each day. Take time to look at this everyday and you'll see how bad things really are.

So what will you believe? The bogus government manufactured number or the reality staring you in the face?
 Quoting: telling it straight

Whats the best part is OP.

People can be out of work, losing their homes/cars.. and they will still believe there is no recession, just a slow recovery.

Now that is impressive.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/08/2012 11:20 AM
Report Abusive Post

bump

Important topic, no one really wants to talk about
RealmLady50

User ID: 25048624
United States
10/08/2012 11:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
The statistics do not show who is unemployed, yet cannot get unemployment or were denied it.

How many people do you know who cannot draw unemployment...

Be Love!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2362947
United States
10/08/2012 11:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
What everyone needs to be looking at is the participation rate. With so many on welfare type programs, we need a lot more people paying taxes to support them. The ratio of payers to payees is moving the wrong way.
[link to www.bls.gov]
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/08/2012 11:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
The statistics do not show who is unemployed, yet cannot get unemployment or were denied it.

Be Love!
 Quoting: RealmLady50

If your unemployed, your unemployed.
Some may receive benefits or whatnot. But that really means nothing.

Eventually, unemployment is going to not be available anymore.
Back From the Future
User ID: 25086117
United States
10/08/2012 11:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
As a former business owner of 10 years, I can tell you that there won't be any hiring new people any time soon. The States are broke. They harass small business owners and even create new Depts to impose a new tax for that new Dept. If you fall one month behind on payments they will call you everyday and seize your checking account. Even if no unemployment claim has been filed, you as a small business owner will get a monthly bill. Fact

If you even think about falling behind on payroll taxes, it gives them the right to seize your business and your personal assets as well as your house. Everyone is desperate to find work, and the only ones who make money are the ones collecting taxes. I will never ever own a business again. Lesson learned. Now all 8 employees of 10 years are unemployed and on unemployment and welfare. That $800 tax I couldn't pay just to keep doors open, is the last they will ever see from me. Now my tax attorney will get the remaining of what is left of me. Hope it was worth it. Another middle class person falls victim of their mess they created. Now I am poverty level with zero hope. Oh and I can't wait till Obama Care kicks in. The entire middle class will finally be wiped out. Its a snatch and grab mentality. You fall, they come in and take everything you have then move on to the next victim. All the while they give raises and bonuses as rewards for collecting the tax.
If you work, make money, own a house, then you are a target. Period
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/08/2012 04:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
As a former business owner of 10 years, I can tell you that there won't be any hiring new people any time soon. The States are broke. They harass small business owners and even create new Depts to impose a new tax for that new Dept. If you fall one month behind on payments they will call you everyday and seize your checking account. Even if no unemployment claim has been filed, you as a small business owner will get a monthly bill. Fact

If you even think about falling behind on payroll taxes, it gives them the right to seize your business and your personal assets as well as your house. Everyone is desperate to find work, and the only ones who make money are the ones collecting taxes. I will never ever own a business again. Lesson learned. Now all 8 employees of 10 years are unemployed and on unemployment and welfare. That $800 tax I couldn't pay just to keep doors open, is the last they will ever see from me. Now my tax attorney will get the remaining of what is left of me. Hope it was worth it. Another middle class person falls victim of their mess they created. Now I am poverty level with zero hope. Oh and I can't wait till Obama Care kicks in. The entire middle class will finally be wiped out. Its a snatch and grab mentality. You fall, they come in and take everything you have then move on to the next victim. All the while they give raises and bonuses as rewards for collecting the tax.
 Quoting: Back From the Future 25086117

True, small businesses / middle class are the main targets.
Tough times
MARTIAL_LAW

User ID: 23706139
United States
10/08/2012 04:11 PM

Report Abusive Post
unemploymentrate
telling it straight  (OP)

United States
10/08/2012 08:49 PM

Report Abusive Post

Be Love!
 Quoting: RealmLady50

Exactly! Self-employed people, commissioned sales people don't count anywhere.
telling it straight  (OP)

United States
10/08/2012 08:51 PM

Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Back From the Future 25086117

Wow, sorry to hear what happened to you. They've just made it impossible for small businesses to survive. Wish you better days...
Jericho9

User ID: 7913305
United States
10/08/2012 08:53 PM
Report Abusive Post

5 Stars!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1445731
United States
10/08/2012 08:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Governments around the Western World are using this low unemployment bullshit!

The Alert Citizen and the man down the street knows it is BULLSHIT!

I betcha most of those job increases are from the public sector.

Ponzi Scheme! Tax payers paying the public servants for the sake of propping up the unemployment figures.
Diluted
User ID: 24191598
United States
10/08/2012 09:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
So.

I actually lost my job working for the Obama campaign in 2008. I became a Field Organizer, and when I came back in January 2009 that job was gone.

I was 25.

In these 4 years I have grown... a lot.

Life is very difficult. My jobs are menial and my last one was Subway in June. Since June, I have not been able to find a job. I have been to about two interviews a week. WAIT, I had a cleaning job - right - I did. But, I don't have a car. So after a few weeks they said they didn't need me to 'buddy up' etc etc.

I had an interview today, Pool cleaning gig. Guy said he got 44 responses in one day off the Paper for a $8 an hr 40 hr a week job. I meet him Wednesday.

I do not get government aide... not because I don't want too. But because it's gone, gone like a fright train - gone like the a 59 cadilliac - like all the good things - that ain't ever coming back.

So. I'm considered one of those "Not Reported" numbers.

My landlady has been super nice to me for months... but she told me Saturday I gotta go. Tuesday. That's tomorrow.

Now, mind you, I'm a good looking, 28 year old, healthy non-smoking young male. Sure, I've got some past demons - no car - but I go to the gym every day, smart about what I eat -- extremely intelligent.

I have no idea where I'm going tomorrow....

Maybe the salvation army?

It's scary. I'm very scared. I haven't had money in weeks. When I do 'hustle' money (like painting curbs... heh) it goes to cellphone bill, food... and yeah, cellphone and food.

I'm scared as hell.

I do not have a college degree.

I'm a handyman, I can fix anything - work hard...

I'm so scared.

I don't know what to do.

People like me are perfect tools in revolutions.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Diluted
User ID: 24191598
United States
10/08/2012 09:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
So.

I actually lost my job working for the Obama campaign in 2008. I became a Field Organizer, and when I came back in January 2009 that job was gone.

I was 25.

Life is very difficult. My jobs are menial and my last one was Subway in June. Since June, I have not been able to find a job. I have been to about two interviews a week. WAIT, I had a cleaning job - right - I did. But, I don't have a car. So after a few weeks they said they didn't need me to 'buddy up' etc etc.

I had an interview today, Pool cleaning gig. Guy said he got 44 responses in one day off the Paper for a $8 an hr 40 hr a week job. I meet him Wednesday.

I do not get government aide... not because I don't want too. But because it's gone, gone like a fright train - gone like the a 59 cadilliac - like all the good things - that ain't ever coming back.

My landlady has been super nice to me for months... but she told me Saturday I gotta go. Tuesday. That's tomorrow.

Now, mind you, I'm a good looking, 28 year old, healthy non-smoking young male. Sure, I've got some past demons - no car - but I go to the gym every day, smart about what I eat -- extremely intelligent.

It's scary. I'm very scared. I haven't had money in weeks. When I do 'hustle' money (like painting curbs... heh) it goes to cellphone bill, food... and yeah, cellphone and food.

I'm scared as hell.

I'm so scared.

I don't know what to do.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24424163
United States
10/08/2012 09:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Obama has to win re election so the Labor Dep cooked the numbers. These are crucial times for America.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16685116
United States
10/08/2012 09:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Govt reported less tax collected for September. Wouldn't that have increased if the employment rate increased?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21627831
United States
10/08/2012 09:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
The government is not counting the people who are unemployed but not receiving unemployment. They are also not counting the people who are underemployed, ones who took low paying jobs after being laid off from their good job and out of unemployment.

Now if they cut unemployment extensions and make it harder to get the benefit, they will say unemployment is down to like 2% . People will fall for it too.
eaglewolf

User ID: 1925758
United States
10/08/2012 09:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
I follow that page daily and there is no way in hell it's 7.8%......the layoffs and closings are the only thing growing.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24275310
United States
10/08/2012 09:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
So.

I was 25.

I'm scared as hell.

I'm so scared.

I don't know what to do.

Quoting: Diluted 24191598

Do what I do, man.... get yourself some spray pain and number stencils... then go door-to-door offering to paint the address numbers on the curbs in front of the houses.
I've even gotten fancy with it and do multiple colors. I even use an American flag stencil along with the numbers
and most people really seem to dig it.

I ride my bike (DUI) and make about $400 a week... all cash and tax free.

I'm not evading the taxes... I just won't give any more of MY money to the obama administration. When Romney is elected, and if he actually becomes our president, I'll man up with the taxes.

Until then, Obama can't kiss my liberal-hating ass.
Outland

User ID: 19585845
United States
10/08/2012 09:23 PM

Report Abusive Post

Uh, Max Payne in 3,2,1...
last one
I just don't give a fuck

User ID: 25032474
United States
10/08/2012 09:26 PM

Report Abusive Post
So.

I was 25.

I'm scared as hell.

I'm so scared.

I don't know what to do.

You must be very proud to have been a "Field Organizer" for the dumb motherfucker. You even capitalized the title. Welcome to the world that your labors have wrought. Look up the word karma.
If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.---Grandpa

Rednecks, hillbillies, and cowboys will save the nation---me

I dreamed I was drinkin', woke up and I was

"we put our faith in maniacs"- Lemmy Kilmister
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12672712
United States
10/08/2012 09:27 PM
Report Abusive Post

PROOF that this is a far right website.
PravdaDemocrat

User ID: 19228212
United States
10/08/2012 09:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

Whats the best part is OP.

People can be out of work, losing their homes/cars.. and they will still believe there is no recession, just a slow recovery.

Now that is impressive.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 7768903

I'm going to be BUSIER THAN HELL for the next 2 1/2 months, starting Monday. Busier than I have been in 3 years. If my equipment holds out, I'll be making a ton of money.
Luckily, I did a major overhaul in Late-May, early July.

WHY??

My largest customer is PARKING a portion of it's equipment during the Christmas shipping season, normally their busiest time of the year, and cutting back on holiday hires, due to the slowing economy.

My smaller, cheaper-to-operate equipment gives them more flexibility, at a lower cost. They just don't think the volumes are going to be there to justify the increase in lift. And they are acting accordingly.

Of course, this won't be making the headlines on MSNBC/NBC/CNN/ABC/CBS/NPR/E! or much of the rest of the Mainstream media, because it might make THE GAY MESSIAH look bad.
PravdaDemocrat

United States
10/08/2012 09:31 PM
Report Abusive Post

PROOF that this is a far right website.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12672712

So then, if true, WHY ARE YOU HERE????
Texas2012

User ID: 25033592
United States
10/08/2012 09:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
At least 1,100 people on here completely agree with you OP!!!

Thread: The U.S. unemployment rate fell to 7.8?! True or False?!
PravdaDemocrat

United States
10/08/2012 09:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
So.

I was 25.

I'm scared as hell.

I'm so scared.

I don't know what to do.

Karma can be a VERY cruel teacher.
By supporting Obama in 2008, you wrecked your own future.

Of course, those of us that had lived through the Carter years already knew what would happen if Obama was elected. We lived it.

And we tried to warn you, but you were too caught up in the "Hype-And-Change!" thingy to listen. Now, you pay the price for your own folly.

You can't fix what you already did, but you can prevent it from getting worse, and give yourself a shot at having an actual future, on Nov 6th. You KNOW what you have to do.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1634447
United States
10/08/2012 09:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
far right? like as far as you are on my dick?

GLP