Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,339 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,464,550
Pageviews Today: 2,439,865Threads Today: 977Posts Today: 17,418
10:46 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

So You Believe Unemployment's 7.8%? Really?? Here's Reality for You.

page8844
User ID: 22626712
United States
10/08/2012 09:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: So You Believe Unemployment's 7.8%? Really?? Here's Reality for You.
Take a look at the layoffs announced each day. Take time to look at this everyday and you'll see how bad things really are.

[link to www.dailyjobcuts.com]

Take a look at the TRUE unemployment rate.

[link to www.shadowstats.com]

So what will you believe? The bogus government manufactured number or the reality staring you in the face?
 Quoting: telling it straight

Been following that site on and off for three years. It has been very consistant, not surprising at all. If I were to guess I would say that it is actually picking up steam, meaning bigger number of companies going out of business and more people being laid off.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7768903
United States
10/08/2012 09:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
I follow that page daily and there is no way in hell it's 7.8%......the layoffs and closings are the only thing growing.
 Quoting: eaglewolf

Wait until Oct numbers come out. 7.6 or 7.5 seem about right
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/08/2012 10:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Obama has to win re election so the Labor Dep cooked the numbers. These are crucial times for America.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24424163

That was reported a false statement on Friday, try to keep up on the news :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16553491
United States
10/08/2012 10:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
I would like to know how many people have lost their current health insurance through their work lately?

I know almost everybody i know, including us, has had their health insurance skyrocket at work, some having to give it up completely because they could not afford it anymore..and this is all in the last year and a half.

So what is Obama talking about when he says his new Obamacare will not hurt anyone who currently has health coverage..Dam it! It already has!

Many, many people are now paying much bigger premiums to their health insurers and this is all because of Obamanomics.

Also, I think everyone knows Obama is lying through his teeth, hell just go out and look at your local malls and see how many business's have shut down in the last 3 years..people out of work everywhere.

He is lying so he can make it look like he has actually helped this country...but he is one of the main reasons it is like it is.

Get rid of this cancer called Obama..before the U.S. goes terminal, vote Romney.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4959545
United States
10/08/2012 10:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
i work for a large company but only part time. my income qualifies me for food stamps for myself and 2 children and I get them,
Ohwell

User ID: 1130828
United Kingdom
10/08/2012 10:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
So.

I actually lost my job working for the Obama campaign in 2008. I became a Field Organizer, and when I came back in January 2009 that job was gone.

I was 25.

In these 4 years I have grown... a lot.

Life is very difficult. My jobs are menial and my last one was Subway in June. Since June, I have not been able to find a job. I have been to about two interviews a week. WAIT, I had a cleaning job - right - I did. But, I don't have a car. So after a few weeks they said they didn't need me to 'buddy up' etc etc.

I had an interview today, Pool cleaning gig. Guy said he got 44 responses in one day off the Paper for a $8 an hr 40 hr a week job. I meet him Wednesday.

I do not get government aide... not because I don't want too. But because it's gone, gone like a fright train - gone like the a 59 cadilliac - like all the good things - that ain't ever coming back.

So. I'm considered one of those "Not Reported" numbers.

My landlady has been super nice to me for months... but she told me Saturday I gotta go. Tuesday. That's tomorrow.

Now, mind you, I'm a good looking, 28 year old, healthy non-smoking young male. Sure, I've got some past demons - no car - but I go to the gym every day, smart about what I eat -- extremely intelligent.

I have no idea where I'm going tomorrow....

Maybe the salvation army?

It's scary. I'm very scared. I haven't had money in weeks. When I do 'hustle' money (like painting curbs... heh) it goes to cellphone bill, food... and yeah, cellphone and food.

I'm scared as hell.

I do not have a college degree.

I'm a handyman, I can fix anything - work hard...

I'm so scared.

I don't know what to do.

People like me are perfect tools in revolutions.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
 Quoting: Diluted 24191598

Sorry about your situation. But out of curiosity, who would you vote for between Romney and Obama?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14645782
United States
10/08/2012 11:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't think that you would find a single visitor to this site that would disagree with this.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18304550

PROOF that this is a far right website.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12672712

Political affiliation has nothing to do with the cold hard truth.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25028055
United States
10/08/2012 11:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
So.

I actually lost my job working for the Obama campaign in 2008. I became a Field Organizer, and when I came back in January 2009 that job was gone.

I was 25.

Life is very difficult. My jobs are menial and my last one was Subway in June. Since June, I have not been able to find a job. I have been to about two interviews a week. WAIT, I had a cleaning job - right - I did. But, I don't have a car. So after a few weeks they said they didn't need me to 'buddy up' etc etc.

I had an interview today, Pool cleaning gig. Guy said he got 44 responses in one day off the Paper for a $8 an hr 40 hr a week job. I meet him Wednesday.

I do not get government aide... not because I don't want too. But because it's gone, gone like a fright train - gone like the a 59 cadilliac - like all the good things - that ain't ever coming back.

My landlady has been super nice to me for months... but she told me Saturday I gotta go. Tuesday. That's tomorrow.

Now, mind you, I'm a good looking, 28 year old, healthy non-smoking young male. Sure, I've got some past demons - no car - but I go to the gym every day, smart about what I eat -- extremely intelligent.

It's scary. I'm very scared. I haven't had money in weeks. When I do 'hustle' money (like painting curbs... heh) it goes to cellphone bill, food... and yeah, cellphone and food.

I'm scared as hell.

I'm so scared.

I don't know what to do.

Dont beat yourself up to badly, working as an Obama organizer isnt as bad as voting Republican again. ( unless it was Ron Paul)

What we had with Bush WAS NOT WORKING. He was the president when the crash happenned and involved us in trillion dollar wars were not needed nor justified.

Everyone seems to forget what we had with Bush. Idiots. I can forgive someone who wanted to work for the change Obama promised. He just did not deliver, neither party ever will.

Many of us knew the score and realized the system is rigged and voted for Ron Paul in 08 as well as this year.

Both parties are corrupt beyond repair. But at least Obama said he would try to change things.

You did the right thing in that respect. Now you just need to keep your head up and wait for a revolution. Its the only thing that will brong the change you wanted.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2990625
United States
10/08/2012 11:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is a big old lie. The government is trying to make sure we elect Obama for a second term. Do not believe these lies. Things are not the way the government is telling you. Obama is a one term president.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24537487
United States
10/08/2012 11:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
I watched an interview with Donald Trump on TV last night and he said the REAL unemployment number is.....

21.5%

He also said that 42% of Americans are either unemployed or underemployed. Makes sense if you consider the boomers which make up the largest part of the American population are leaving the work force in record number.

Have fun with that!
juju

User ID: 23020028
United States
10/08/2012 11:52 PM

Report Abusive Post
As a former business owner of 10 years, I can tell you that there won't be any hiring new people any time soon. The States are broke. They harass small business owners and even create new Depts to impose a new tax for that new Dept. If you fall one month behind on payments they will call you everyday and seize your checking account. Even if no unemployment claim has been filed, you as a small business owner will get a monthly bill. Fact

If you even think about falling behind on payroll taxes, it gives them the right to seize your business and your personal assets as well as your house. Everyone is desperate to find work, and the only ones who make money are the ones collecting taxes. I will never ever own a business again. Lesson learned. Now all 8 employees of 10 years are unemployed and on unemployment and welfare. That $800 tax I couldn't pay just to keep doors open, is the last they will ever see from me. Now my tax attorney will get the remaining of what is left of me. Hope it was worth it. Another middle class person falls victim of their mess they created. Now I am poverty level with zero hope. Oh and I can't wait till Obama Care kicks in. The entire middle class will finally be wiped out. Its a snatch and grab mentality. You fall, they come in and take everything you have then move on to the next victim. All the while they give raises and bonuses as rewards for collecting the tax.
If you work, make money, own a house, then you are a target. Period
 Quoting: Back From the Future 25086117

I'm very sorry this happened to you. Believe me I feel what you're feeling. A few years ago I started a business. We had elections and a local tax was passed mostly by people who do not work but who would benefit.I could see the writing on the wall and so I closed the doors. I only employed 5 people but had been seriously thinking about opening another store when that tax was passed. I thought screw it. I let the employees go even though it tore me up to do this. Good luck to you.

I would like to know how many people have lost their current health insurance through their work lately?

I know almost everybody i know, including us, has had their health insurance skyrocket at work, some having to give it up completely because they could not afford it anymore..and this is all in the last year and a half.

So what is Obama talking about when he says his new Obamacare will not hurt anyone who currently has health coverage..Dam it! It already has!

Many, many people are now paying much bigger premiums to their health insurers and this is all because of Obamanomics.

Also, I think everyone knows Obama is lying through his teeth, hell just go out and look at your local malls and see how many business's have shut down in the last 3 years..people out of work everywhere.

He is lying so he can make it look like he has actually helped this country...but he is one of the main reasons it is like it is.

Get rid of this cancer called Obama..before the U.S. goes terminal, vote Romney.
 Quoting: PolarPrecursor

My husband has a medical savings plan through his work. It was around $5500. Now, anything over $2500 will be taxed. So, what do you do? Keep the savings plan and get taxed or have that money paid through wages instead and get taxed? Either way we definitely won't be better off tan we were 4 years ago.

I watched an interview with Donald Trump on TV last night and he said the REAL unemployment number is.....

21.5%

He also said that 42% of Americans are either unemployed or underemployed. Makes sense if you consider the boomers which make up the largest part of the American population are leaving the work force in record number.

Have fun with that!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24537487

I really do think that Trump's numbers are correct or very close. On other sites I belong to there are still people almost daily stating that either they or a family member has been let go. The only place unemployment is 7.8% is in Fantasyland.

Last Edited by abrock on 10/08/2012 11:55 PM
Ohwell

User ID: 1130828
United Kingdom
10/09/2012 12:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
So.

I was 25.

I'm scared as hell.

I'm so scared.

I don't know what to do.

Dont beat yourself up to badly, working as an Obama organizer isnt as bad as voting Republican again. ( unless it was Ron Paul)

What we had with Bush WAS NOT WORKING. He was the president when the crash happenned and involved us in trillion dollar wars were not needed nor justified.

Everyone seems to forget what we had with Bush. Idiots. I can forgive someone who wanted to work for the change Obama promised. He just did not deliver, neither party ever will.

Many of us knew the score and realized the system is rigged and voted for Ron Paul in 08 as well as this year.

Both parties are corrupt beyond repair. But at least Obama said he would try to change things.

You did the right thing in that respect. Now you just need to keep your head up and wait for a revolution. Its the only thing that will brong the change you wanted.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25028055

Your response is precisely one of the many reasons I feel there will not be elections this year. It is obvious to all what or who the problem truly is now and it is the PTB and the people now see that no matter who they vote in they are screwed either way.

The PTB see this oncoming tsunami of chaos coming after whoever wins as there will be no change in circumstances but only further hardship and so something has to be staged to masquerade this coming onslaught.

The other worrying bit is that even the PTB aren't even attempting on continuing the charade of normalcy like they used to do in the past otherwise they would have improved the economic situation under Obama. So after all the following Obama received and nothing happened after 4 years, who would buy into another sales tactic? Add to this Romney insulting 47% of the voters whose circumstances are as a result of the orchestrated economic crisis. I mean, you have to be really sheeple to vote for Obama or even Romney in this election. I'm sure people's consciences won't allow this, that is, if they still have any left.
Miggy

User ID: 17372810
United States
10/09/2012 12:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
As a former business owner of 10 years, I can tell you that there won't be any hiring new people any time soon. The States are broke. They harass small business owners and even create new Depts to impose a new tax for that new Dept. If you fall one month behind on payments they will call you everyday and seize your checking account. Even if no unemployment claim has been filed, you as a small business owner will get a monthly bill. Fact

If you even think about falling behind on payroll taxes, it gives them the right to seize your business and your personal assets as well as your house. Everyone is desperate to find work, and the only ones who make money are the ones collecting taxes. I will never ever own a business again. Lesson learned. Now all 8 employees of 10 years are unemployed and on unemployment and welfare. That $800 tax I couldn't pay just to keep doors open, is the last they will ever see from me. Now my tax attorney will get the remaining of what is left of me. Hope it was worth it. Another middle class person falls victim of their mess they created. Now I am poverty level with zero hope. Oh and I can't wait till Obama Care kicks in. The entire middle class will finally be wiped out. Its a snatch and grab mentality. You fall, they come in and take everything you have then move on to the next victim. All the while they give raises and bonuses as rewards for collecting the tax.

Man!

This is EXACTLY my same story.

Only let me add this:

Now I'm hesitant to even announce I was a small business owner while searching for a job because I'm considered over-qualified.

So much for spending a decade-working 80 hours a week- trying to make an honest living.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19198791
United Kingdom
10/09/2012 12:38 AM
Report Abusive Post

This just happened to a family member's small business. 15-20 staff lost their jobs. My family member's highly qualified so has stepped into employment and new career quick as a wink. Not so the others.

He's a great businessman. But an army of gvt depts and rules did his business in. He's really enjoying being worry-free as an employed person - and producing far less for more pay.

It just looks to us all that the gvt is absolutely determined to wreck the economy.

Or at least to remove ALL small-med businesses.

Wonder why that is...? /sarcasm
DontBeFooled2012

User ID: 25070142
United States
10/09/2012 12:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm really starting to wonder if all the "jobs" they post on the Washington State Worksource website, even exist. It's really starting to seem like they just post these fake jobs to give people hope. I'm not writing to get people to feel sorry for me, or to hear you say "well get off your ass and go get a job"....I'm not lazy, i'm not obese and i dont sit around all day eating mcdonalds, the only "help" i get is unemployment, which i get my last check tomorrow, and after taxes is $202. Yes more then some, but in this state, not enough to get a place. I gotta move out of the house i've been staying in tomorrow, and it's time to do some couch surfing, although not what i wanted at 27, at least i do have a few friends that care. My heart really does go out to all the people that have lost their jobs and then everything else, this economy and country is shit, and getting worse.
It is also angering when i bring up the real unemployment number to people and they respond with "actually it's getting better ever since Obama has been in office, and if he wins again, i'm sure it will all turn around".....and other unemployed ppl respond with that answer....smfh
It's a big club and you ain't in it
Carlin
Miggy

United States
10/09/2012 12:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
The government is not counting the people who are unemployed but not receiving unemployment. They are also not counting the people who are underemployed, ones who took low paying jobs after being laid off from their good job and out of unemployment.

Now if they cut unemployment extensions and make it harder to get the benefit, they will say unemployment is down to like 2% . People will fall for it too.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21627831

I don't think so.

Most people are sick of hearing about the "numbers".

We know what we see every single day and we know we're hurting. REALLY hurting.

Tonight, all over America there were people ravaging through their pantries- trying to make a meal out of whatever they could piece together.

In the morning they'll wake up and hope there's enough milk to feed the kids their cereal and enough gas in the car to get them to school and back.

People are in survival mode right now- living one day at a time and they're losing all hope.

Any wonder why the churches can't keep up?

They can throw out all the false numbers they want. Any sane individual isn't buying it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19198791
United Kingdom
10/09/2012 12:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
I don't think that you would find a single visitor to this site that would disagree with this.

Political affiliation has nothing to do with the cold hard truth.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14645782

Exactly.

We are ruled by the bankers. They pull the strngs and have no allegiance to any party except their own wallets.

'right/left' is totally ended, a total smokescreen, a scam on the masses.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24844915
United States
10/09/2012 12:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Take a look at the layoffs announced each day. Take time to look at this everyday and you'll see how bad things really are.

So what will you believe? The bogus government manufactured number or the reality staring you in the face?

Out of 320 million citizens, only 80 million work to bein with. Over 20 million of those work for state and federal govt's. And of the 60 million left, 70% of their jobs depend on Federal pork and other bullshit contracts.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25166701
France
10/09/2012 12:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm not voting for Obama. I am also not voting for the man who is responsible for the outsourcing of tens of thousands of jobs to China so he could get rich. I think you are a fool if you do.
DontBeFooled2012

User ID: 25070142
United States
10/09/2012 12:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
What will be interesting here is that come Dec 29 all emergency unemployment benefits get cut off. Going to be A LOT of fucked people.
It's a big club and you ain't in it
Carlin
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25039940
United States
10/09/2012 01:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yep! the governments job is to blow smoke up your A** and take your cash so they can all retire rich while you pick shit with the chickens.
Government statistics are BS and it has been proved over and over again.
Miggy

United States
10/09/2012 01:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
What will be interesting here is that come Dec 29 all emergency unemployment benefits get cut off. Going to be A LOT of fucked people.
 Quoting: DontBeFooled2012

Yeah.

They're probably all praying that December 21st is REAL.

It's better than facing the other scenario.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25223281
United States
10/09/2012 01:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
No one is ever going to say this is a "Great"
Depression. No one will ever say that!

Some day Historians will write about our lives..and they will say........................"Depression" and "Suicide"..but by that time it will look all neat and tidy.

focus on what is real...................forget about keeping up with the "Jones" they don't exist!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3405890
United States
10/09/2012 01:18 AM
Report Abusive Post

NOVEMBER
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23153177
United States
10/09/2012 01:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm really starting to wonder if all the "jobs" they post on the Washington State Worksource website, even exist. It's really starting to seem like they just post these fake jobs to give people hope. I'm not writing to get people to feel sorry for me, or to hear you say "well get off your ass and go get a job"....I'm not lazy, i'm not obese and i dont sit around all day eating mcdonalds, the only "help" i get is unemployment, which i get my last check tomorrow, and after taxes is $202. Yes more then some, but in this state, not enough to get a place. I gotta move out of the house i've been staying in tomorrow, and it's time to do some couch surfing, although not what i wanted at 27, at least i do have a fcool2ew friends that care. My heart really does go out to all the people that have lost their jobs and then everything else, this economy and country is shit, and getting worse.
It is also angering when i bring up the real unemployment number to people and they respond with "actually it's getting better ever since Obama has been in office, and if he wins again, i'm sure it will all turn around".....and other unemployed ppl respond with that answer....smfh

You can sleep on my couch anytime!
Diluted
User ID: 24191598
United States
10/09/2012 01:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hey... I'm the.ex Obama organizer...

I.vold for.Ron Paul. changed to GOP. For it.

I'd vote for.Romney.

To.the.guy.whos.STORY SOUNDS JUST LIKE MINE. And he's onky.1 year younger.

Wow.

Just wow man.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1326056
United States
10/09/2012 01:34 AM
Report Abusive Post

Sounds like you were a lousy businessman. All you're doing here is bitching about the gov't. What did you do to build you business? Retain customers? And plan for the economic slow down?

I've seen it time and time again business that got lucky for a few years, made a few bucks and then failed because ultimately the person running the show had no f'n clue what he was doing in the first place.
Diluted
User ID: 24191598
United States
10/09/2012 01:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm really starting to wonder if all the "jobs" they post on the Washington State Worksource website, even exist. It's really starting to seem like they just post these fake jobs to give people hope. I'm not writing to get people to feel sorry for me, or to hear you say "well get off your ass and go get a job"....I'm not lazy, i'm not obese and i dont sit around all day eating mcdonalds, the only "help" i get is unemployment, which i get my last check tomorrow, and after taxes is $202. Yes more then some, but in this state, not enough to get a place. I gotta move out of the house i've been staying in tomorrow, and it's time to do some couch surfing, although not what i wanted at 27, at least i do have a few friends that care. My heart really does go out to all the people that have lost their jobs and then everything else, this economy and country is shit, and getting worse.

Yooo - I logged into my busted up computer.

DUDE. I'm the Obama Organizer about to be homeless "couch surfing" no unemployment CAN'T FIND A JOB intelligent EXTREMELY IN SHAPE non-smoker or drug user

WTF.

My name is Jack.

I got very active with Ron Paul this time around.. praying for a revolution.

I'm so scared... at least you have friends man. I'm sort of a 'weirdo' (my previous opiate addiction? heh) Yeah, I'm a weirdo. People call me that. BUT I CAN KICK THEIR ASS RAWR (does 50 pushups)

haha... yeah, that's amazing your story sounds just like mine.

I'm so scared... my parents, uber wealthy in 2007.... now they never eat out anymore, frozen pizza dinners... had to sell off their retirement...

SCARY (Oh, btw, I can't stay with them since my mother is manic bipolar and we... end up fighting... horrible fights.. more than 90 minutes together)

Salvation Army sounds so scary.

BUT BUT BUT

What you're saying about the "fake jobs" on the government websites!

BING. MAKE A NEW THREAD ABOUT THAT.

I look in the local paper. 3 JOBS. POOL CLEANING, TELEMARKET, ONE FOR THE LOCAL STRIP JOINT.

Craigslist? All sorts of crazy shit.... but not real 'jobs' per say - here and there - you know what I mean, right? Commission only... "salon booth rentals" -- insurance sales --- "cooks and dishwashers" etc

Mine is the "Suncoast Florida Employment" etc some shit -

9 pages of "Industrial Welder, Port of X" and I apply.. and apply... weeks later it's still there.

"Store Manager, ALDI"

There's ONE ALDI STORE in this town - I called them "We're not looking for anyone to be hired at this location"

WTF?

I'm hyper as I was almost asleep then read how our stories were so similar..

Ron Paul all 2011/2012.... I wrote for Examiner.com and made some money off RP articles.

I think the VP Pick "Paul Ryan" is even more MSM MANIP to say "Oh, you wanted Paul to win?" just to confuse people more... who aren't "plugged in"

I'm so scared... so scared man.

I want a revolution so bad.

Nothing is going to change, but I'll vote for Romney.

and in 2013 when shit is even worst...

Then what?

Does the cycle keep going?

Please pray for me, as I will for you.

Diluted
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1222180
United States
10/09/2012 01:45 AM
Report Abusive Post

People who are moral, hard-working, self-sufficient, and intelligent ARE right-wing.

Left-wingers are the Chicago-style politicians, the abortion-lovers, the gays, the racist Blacks and Hispanics, the criminal element, and Feminazis.

Deal with it.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/09/2012 08:54 AM
Report Abusive Post

One group down, another group to enroll.

GLP