Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,175 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 483,400
Pageviews Today: 822,523Threads Today: 357Posts Today: 5,473
10:36 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY! Do not apologize for Columbus. Take to the streets and celebrate European history.

Jonke

User ID: 3038600
United States
10/08/2012 02:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY! Do not apologize for Columbus. Take to the streets and celebrate European history.
Funny Story. :)

I work at a company that has minimal staff at work today, the rest are off for Columbus Day.

Got a phone call about 15 minutes ago from California. The woman needed info from one of the departments that is closed today.

I kindly explained to her that today is a holiday and that particular department isn't here. I suggested that she call back tomorrow.

The woman smartly told me it must be a holiday for my particular state so she didn't realize it because she is in California.

I kindly told her it wasn't just us, that it is Columbus Day.

She sounded confused when she told me her kids are at school today.

I explained that they still hold school on Columbus day.

Uhm....... I think she drank the kool-aid.

hiding

Some people scare me. A lot.
Peace Out

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 660580
United States
10/08/2012 02:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY! Do not apologize for Columbus. Take to the streets and celebrate European history.
Useless holiday

Went to pay a car payment and the %$$##$% bank was closed
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1330824
United States
10/08/2012 02:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you're of European descent and you feel guilty for what happened to the Natives of Hispaniola, and the rest of the Caribbean, as a result of our ancestors landing in the new world, then you sir need to step away from the kool aid.

Did millions of Natives perish from disease, slave labour, or any factor that could be attributed to the European discovery of the New World? You bet they did, and it is unfortunate that they did, but to some how feel guilty and hate your European ancestors is disgusting on your part.

For some time now there has been a movement growing in the United States that seeks to portray our ancestors as murderous villains who did not contribute anything to society, and every year they use Columbus day as a means to promulgate their hatred for those who were, and still are to this day, technologically superior to those who were conquered.

Don't be fooled. Celebrate your history.
 Quoting: Wonkish

Lol this is just as bad as the reverse BS crap they pull with not being in favor of the war is not supporting troops. Aka your an unpatriotic evil.

What happened happened...don't try and sugar coat it.

Realizing what YOUR ancestor's did doesn't make you some kind of ignorant hater. It means your awake... And dont want to make the same mistakes.

Your doing no different then trying to portray such people as traitors of their own kind.

whats disturbing is your msg.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24509995
United States
10/08/2012 02:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
My AP History teacher (Italian) told me Cristobal Colon wasn't ethnically Italian that he was a converted Jew and actually fought against Genoa and could barely eke out a phrase in Italian proper. This was 30 years ago.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1330824
United States
10/08/2012 02:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
That HATE has to do with the fact it is all a sham... The guy didn't discover jack other then the current. And he was a very bad guy at that...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24961033
United States
10/08/2012 02:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Columbus wasn't even His real name.
There was plenty of people who cam to the U.S before him.
He didn't even land in the U.S.
And the dates are all wrong!

The game is rigged and you fell for it !
babybabybabybaby
PhennommennonnModerator
Forum Administrator

10/08/2012 02:39 PM

Report Abusive Post

Last Edited by Phennommennonn on 10/08/2012 02:41 PM
political correctness is a doctrine.... fostered by a delusional, illogical minority...... and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media; which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
LonghairKing

User ID: 25191717
United States
10/08/2012 02:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
What have you been reading? A 2nd grade history textbook from 1962?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25195265
United States
10/08/2012 03:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Let's celebrate Columbus day by walking into someone's house and telling them we live there now.

rofl
 Quoting: Fhirinne

Kinda like the Mexicans are doing now!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25195265
United States
10/08/2012 03:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Let's celebrate Columbus day by walking into someone's house and telling them we live there now.

rofl
 Quoting: Fhirinne

Kinda like the Mexicans are doing now!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25174138
United Kingdom
10/08/2012 03:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
columbus day nah let celebrate real history and not some fanciful story fed to children columbus did not discover america end of there is more than enough supporting evidence out there to suggest he was not the 1st 2nd or 3rd so no I will not celebrate a lie or prop up an old world view but have fun if that is your thing
dschis1000

User ID: 19590683
United States
10/08/2012 03:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
as my history teacher once said columbus was none other than the first european tourist.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21569102

Gotta throw in the welsh and the Vikings. Not to mention the theory (big debate there, somewhat backed up) the Clovis.

Last Edited by dschis1000 on 10/08/2012 03:27 PM
Sword of mercy

User ID: 6795047
United Kingdom
10/08/2012 03:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
The ten commandments were already there before him.
"Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy! "
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23845261
United States
10/08/2012 03:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you still believe Columbus discovered America (or even his own ass for that matter), YOU sir drank too much kool aid...

If you still believe that Western Civilization held/holds the highest levels of civilized society in history, YOU sir drank too much kool aid...

It still goes on to this day and you consider it civilized...

Man, I need to invest in Kool Aid...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24836508
United States
10/08/2012 03:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Sword of mercy

The Lost Tribes of Israel (10 tribes) were dwelling here in PEACE. Then that murderer came here and helped these people get slaughtered and the US of A made it a national holiday to celebrate the bloodshed: Thanksgiving.. demonic. Totally demonic.
BZB

User ID: 1331320
United States
10/08/2012 03:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
ah yes, racism runs amok.
Truthbetold11
User ID: 14786143
United States
10/08/2012 03:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Columbus is part of the history scam. No actual proof earth is round by his voyage. Period. Hewas a tyrant and murderer. How could he discover something already discovered. Indians were here.. History is full of disinfo
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1067101
Canada
10/08/2012 04:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Whites did not discover any continent other races where far more superior when it comes to discovering and traveling the earth and space

Every continent whites discovered they found out other races where already there ..... Building piramids and had superior technology
 Quoting: truth 664473

Stupid European hater,go punch yourself in the throat.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1067101
Canada
10/08/2012 04:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you still believe Columbus discovered America (or even his own ass for that matter), YOU sir drank too much kool aid...

If you still believe that Western Civilization held/holds the highest levels of civilized society in history, YOU sir drank too much kool aid...

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23845261

putin
You obviously went to the government school
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24956090
United Kingdom
10/08/2012 04:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well, your European ancestors did contribute to society, but so did the Nazis with many of their scientific discoveries. Doesn't negate the fact that both were murderous scumbags who committed genocide against innocent helpless people because they thought they were superior and more civilized them.
dschis1000

United States
10/08/2012 04:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Sword of mercy

The Lost Tribes of Israel (10 tribes) were dwelling here in PEACE. Then that murderer came here and helped these people get slaughtered and the US of A made it a national holiday to celebrate the bloodshed: Thanksgiving.. demonic. Totally demonic.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24836508

Mormon teaching? I don't remember 10 tribes, I do remember 2 sets of folks coming from Israel, but they didn't represent all 10 tribes.

I highly doubt the story anyways for multiple reasons. That doesn't excuse the wholesale genocide of the folks who were here though.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23845261
United States
10/08/2012 04:16 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23845261

putin
You obviously went to the government school
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1067101

Not sure what that was supposed to mean... :) Yup, I did graduate from a public school (the best academically rated school in PA at the time). I went on to travel the country and the world and have done my damnedest to keep my eyes and mind open the whole time... :)

STOP BELIEVING!!! If you think taught "history" is fact, YOU sir drank too much kool aid (remember, the story is always written by the conqueror...)

Much love and good luck!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5012927
United States
10/08/2012 04:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Columbus was a shill, bought and payed for by the West India Trading company, or was it East India?

It doesn't matter which, as he was a mercenary and not out to discover anything.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25199633
United States
10/08/2012 04:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
:merds:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16167500
United States
10/08/2012 04:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
According to Manly P. Hall, Christopher Columbus was actually a Greek man and was a part of the Knights Templar?
dschis1000

United States
10/08/2012 04:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
as my history teacher once said columbus was none other than the first european tourist.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21569102

Gotta throw in the welsh and the Vikings. Not to mention the theory (big debate there, somewhat backed up) the Clovis.
 Quoting: dschis1000
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16167500
United States
10/08/2012 04:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Basque were the first early Europeans to sail and reach North America.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25183977
United States
10/08/2012 04:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
According to Manly P. Hall, Christopher Columbus was actually a Greek man and was a part of the Knights Templar?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16167500

Where Columbus was born would have been part of the Republic of Venice.
B-Easy

User ID: 23817632
United States
10/08/2012 04:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you're of European descent and you feel guilty for for what happened to the Natives of Hispaniola, and the rest of the Caribbean, as a result of our ancestors landing in the new world, then you sir need to step away from the kool aid.

Did millions of Natives perish from disease, slave labour, or any factor that could be attributed to the European discovery of the New World? You bet they did, and it is unfortunate that they did, but to some how feel guilty and hate your European ancestors is disgusting on your part.

For some time now there has been a movement growing in the United States that seeks to portray our ancestors as murderous villains who did not contribute anything to society, and every year they use Columbus day as a means to promulgate their hatred for those who were, and still are to this day, technologically superior to those who were conquered.

Don't be fooled. Celebrate your history.
 Quoting: Wonkish

clappa

I love and appreciate history.

cheers
 Quoting: *Heisenberg*

wtf

Last Edited by B-Easy on 10/08/2012 05:08 PM
"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself!"
B-Easy

User ID: 23817632
United States
10/08/2012 04:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
clapping

5stars
 Quoting: ScrumpTheTexan

I'm so happy your religion supports the death of an entire race... <3
"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself!"

GLP