Houston Man Receives Visit from FBI after Photographing Weather

CE1

User ID: 25209450
United States
10/08/2012 07:05 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Houston Man Receives Visit from FBI after Photographing Weather
Should've told the agent he was filming HAARP in action!
 Quoting: Saltyflats

Yep!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24537507
United States
10/08/2012 07:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Seems understandable and reasonable. I hear those refineries are probably major disasters waiting to happen. They should be closely watched and anything suspicious dealt with pronto.
Mkguyver

User ID: 521603
United States
10/08/2012 07:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well, was this photographer middle-eastern looking?

Some f-ing do-gooder thought they were preventing the next 911.

Someone called them.
Mkguyver

User ID: 521603
United States
10/08/2012 07:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25209897
Taiwan
10/08/2012 07:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
No,
I was on a ferry once and these Arabic type guys were taking photos of the door. Plain creepy, no tourist takes pics of the doors. They photo each other and the skyline/shoreline.

For the folks who were riding that ferry every day to work that was a very, very creepy thing. It's not all some fantasy conspiracy. There are weird things happening everywhere.

You think all those lose airplane seats were an accident?
Or all the forest fires?
The world is sick.

Now you see why they created terrorism
 Quoting: Hugh mungus 19979257

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13263762

Don't be a dolt. When my mom traveled to Italy she took photos of doors as well.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23917036
United States
10/08/2012 07:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
My late grandfather told me of how, when he used to go to a certain place, that he would park above and watch what was going on while he was eating his lunch. People came to him and told him it was not a good idea with the terrorist threat and all, and so he stopped parking there. No malicious intent. No terrorism suspected. Just honest communications between the government and civilian. My grandpa was as good as they come, and he always told me, if you are afraid of the truth, then you shouldn't be lying. He was the best man I ever knew.

bsflag
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13263762
United States
10/08/2012 07:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
right,
no,
road that ferry for a long time,
people did not take pictures of the boring metal doors

No,
I was on a ferry once and these Arabic type guys were taking photos of the door. Plain creepy, no tourist takes pics of the doors. They photo each other and the skyline/shoreline.

For the folks who were riding that ferry every day to work that was a very, very creepy thing. It's not all some fantasy conspiracy. There are weird things happening everywhere.

Or all the forest fires?
The world is sick.

Don't be a dolt. When my mom traveled to Italy she took photos of doors as well.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25209897
T Ceti H.C. Radnarg

User ID: 25142206
United States
10/08/2012 08:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
A man who snapped photos of a brewing storm last month received a visit Friday from an FBI Agent, inquiring why he would want to take such photos.

Michael Galindo explained that he was simply volunteering for the National Weather Service.

And FBI Agent David Pileggi seemed to be satisfied with that response.

But Galindo was left wondering whether he now has a permanent FBI file.

“He told me, ‘you’re not a threat and you are doing a public service but just be careful next time,’” Galindo said in a telephone interview with Photography is Not a Crime.

The problem arose because Galindo happened to be taking photos near the Lyondell Refinery outside of Houston on September 13, even though he was never standing on the refinery’s property.

Someone from the refinery spotted him and called police, whom apparently arrived after he had left.

Police then contacted the local FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force, which bills itself as “nation’s front line on terrorism.”

Galindo told the agent that he volunteers for a NWS program called Skywarn that trains citizens to monitor the weather in the name of “protecting lives and property.”

[link to www.pixiq.com]
 Quoting: Sleeping Giant
lmao.i would have said because i can and i will do it again unless you can show me the deed to the sky proving you own it...i will represent myself in court and be there waiting on that deed to the sky..then i will tell him the sky starts where the ground ends and all above ground pictures even an inch and above ground would then be seen as illegal..so all movies shot above ground would be in the sky,and they would be illegal also..the sky starts where the ground ends...we even move around in the sky with only the bottom of our feet or shoes touching the ground...

Last Edited by T Ceti H.C. Radnarg on 10/08/2012 08:09 PM
How unfortunate for some rulers when men,women,and children continue to think... Keep repeating the lies loud enough and long enough and just maybe the people will start to believe the lies again and good luck with that...finding your energy open until mars becomes raging aries...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24124662
United States
10/08/2012 08:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Try going to the MALL and taking pictures of if or inside, you'll have police squads in no time.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13263762
United States
10/08/2012 08:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Doors in Italy are art.

Problem is with perspective, experience and a single statement we think we grasp an all inclusive reality.

I met this old guy who is selling his pain pills, and then
his new doc was pushing him about the # of pills and blood tests and pill count reviews. The doc said something about where the guy lives which has quite a few druggies. So the old guy calls up the fed corp med ladder and screams like an ape that he is being prejudicial-ly profiled as a druggie, when in fact he is a little dealer. He's just trying to put the heat on the doc to take it away from himself

These days you don't know who or on which side the craziness is seated.

right,
no,
road that ferry for a long time,
people did not take pictures of the boring metal doors

No,

Or all the forest fires?
The world is sick.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25209897

Skin Suit

User ID: 22870849
United States
10/08/2012 08:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
FBI Agent David Pileggi, huh?

any relation to Mitch?

edit..

look for someone named Mitch Duchovny in an upcoming news story.
 Quoting: Anonymous Cowherder

rofl
T Ceti H.C. Radnarg

User ID: 25142206
United States
10/08/2012 08:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Try going to the MALL and taking pictures of if or inside, you'll have police squads in no time.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24124662
...only an owner can press charges,that includes trespassing too...the owner must come to court if you request a jury trail and present ownership papers..you represent your self..wonder if federal land has a owner that can show in court with the deed to prove you were trespassing,shhhhhhhh,lol...only an owner who can face you in a court of law with the deed can charge anyone with trespassing or nay other related charge..good luck with finding the owner of federal land to show up,lol..all those occupiers were in the wrong places,lol..better hope the Mexicans dont find out about this,lmao..

Last Edited by T Ceti H.C. Radnarg on 10/08/2012 08:18 PM
How unfortunate for some rulers when men,women,and children continue to think... Keep repeating the lies loud enough and long enough and just maybe the people will start to believe the lies again and good luck with that...finding your energy open until mars becomes raging aries...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10372663
United States
10/08/2012 08:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Refineries are extremely vulnerable, not just to classic 'terrorists', but to nutjobs of all persuasions who just like to blow things up.
 Quoting: goodmockingbird

That still doesn't justify treating average citizens like criminals..IMO
 Quoting: *Heisenberg*

AAAAHHHHH you've never worked or lived around the refineries?

I have and I would have reacted the same they are giant bombs and do go off from time to time.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19559803
United States
10/08/2012 08:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Refineries are extremely vulnerable, not just to classic 'terrorists', but to nutjobs of all persuasions who just like to blow things up.

Okay, not debating that point.

Just pointing out that refineries are a lot different from most places.

Whats the difference between a refinery and the White House? Or a refinery and the Capitol? Just to name a couple of examples!

Now before you provide an answer, go to youtube and look up "detained at the white house for photography"!

People, this is incredible! Israelis don't even go through this kind of crap in Israel!

Wake the hell up...........
scimitar

User ID: 20766670
United States
10/08/2012 08:50 PM

Report Abusive Post

Why is asking questions treating someone like a criminal?
Ominous regressions
One Truth... many realities
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10124850
United States
10/08/2012 08:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

This stems from the Patriot Act.

Thank Bush Jr and Republicans for this one
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19559803
United States
10/08/2012 09:05 PM
Report Abusive Post

Why is asking questions treating someone like a criminal?
 Quoting: scimitar

If the FBI called this man then he now has a file on record with the FBI!

How would you like to be in the FBI's database for innocent photography?
BoilMyChillz
User ID: 24820621
United States
10/08/2012 09:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
hey at least our refineries are being watched, at least the government is protecting some interests theirs and in this case ours as well. Which is more than you can say about many of the other government departments.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1445528
United States
10/08/2012 09:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
What am I missing here? Why would the FBI care if someone took a picture of "weather?"

And how did they find out..

They don't call me "Curiosity" for nothin'.lol

If they came to my house for that reason, I would really be interested in finding out WHY??????
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25030575
Brazil
10/08/2012 09:55 PM
Report Abusive Post

Idiot. Now this justifies someone being harassed for taking photographs in a public place?? Are you crazy?
2be0rnot2be

User ID: 24702362
United States
10/08/2012 10:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
hiding
101icu
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 532034
Puerto Rico
10/08/2012 10:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Did they manage to find him so quick and ask questions because he is a normal American that poses no threat? As compared to all the warnings they were given about the 9-11 terrorists from the flight schools to informants and nothing happened.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19325354
United States
10/08/2012 10:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
The democrats new job numbers might be accurate!

There seems to be alot of FBI, CIA, IRS etc. making house calls.
 Quoting: Angelic_Warrior

I wish that was a joke!!

The Obama administration has added 10,000 civilian workers to the federal government's payroll since July, according to BLS.

[link to cnsnews.com]
 Quoting: Sleeping Giant

TSA

I've flown out of several of the smallest airports in the country and there are 50 of the fuckers at every security checkpoint every hour the places are open.
T Ceti H.C. Radnarg

User ID: 25265704
United States
10/10/2012 09:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
What am I missing here? Why would the FBI care if someone took a picture of "weather?"

And how did they find out..

They don't call me "Curiosity" for nothin'.lol

If they came to my house for that reason, I would really be interested in finding out WHY??????
 Quoting: CuriosityCat1
...every picture can be seen by remote electronics..you send pictures from phone to phone dont ya?...your eye scan is even updated when you look into a digital camera or video recorder..electronics are "godlike productions",lol..

GLP