Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,113 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 87,974
Pageviews Today: 153,327Threads Today: 62Posts Today: 784
01:28 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Neurosurgeon, has an NDE during a coma, personally confirms consciousness exists outside the brain!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7513502
United States
10/08/2012 06:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Neurosurgeon, has an NDE during a coma, personally confirms consciousness exists outside the brain!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24358110
United States
10/08/2012 09:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Neurosurgeon, has an NDE during a coma, personally confirms consciousness exists outside the brain!
of course it does, the brain is just a computer interface for the real you
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23182928
Italy
10/08/2012 09:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Neurosurgeon, has an NDE during a coma, personally confirms consciousness exists outside the brain!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24358110

clappa
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1015009
United States
10/08/2012 09:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
hmmmm so when i "die" im actually going to be waking up and saying "man that was a trip, whats next?"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12948908
United States
10/08/2012 09:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
hmmmm so when i "die" im actually going to be waking up and saying "man that was a trip, whats next?"
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1015009

I sure damn hope so.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4443279
Finland
10/08/2012 09:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

That'd be too cruel. I'd kill whoever is responsible.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24179936
Netherlands
10/08/2012 09:43 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yes! How awesome! "Onto the next life!". Just like a videogame. I really think this life was kinda intended to be like a game but in order for us to take it seriously and learn from it we had to forget it was. We all got caught up in this gigantic play. Like actors who forgot they were acting.

bonghit
phizzycyst

User ID: 845802
United States
10/08/2012 09:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.thedailybeast.com]

All the chief arguments against near-death experiences suggest that these experiences are the results of minimal, transient, or partial malfunctioning of the cortex. My near-death experience, however, took place not while my cortex was malfunctioning, but while it was simply off. This is clear from the severity and duration of my meningitis, and from the global cortical involvement documented by CT scans and neurological examinations. According to current medical understanding of the brain and mind, there is absolutely no way that I could have experienced even a dim and limited consciousness during my time in the coma, much less the hyper-vivid and completely coherent odyssey I underwent.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24847350
United States
10/08/2012 09:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
we are here to Learn, so we are the Student.

we must Share what we have learned, thus becoming the Teacher

Thread: Near Death Experience
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13361883
South Korea
10/08/2012 09:50 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yes! How awesome! "Onto the next life!". Just like a videogame. I really think this life was kinda intended to be like a game but in order for us to take it seriously and learn from it we had to forget it was. We all got caught up in this gigantic play. Like actors who forgot they were acting.

bonghit
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24179936

It is like a game. You have "rewards" (money, delicious food, sex, etc) and "dangers" (dangerous people and animals, death from many things).
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24333746
United States
10/08/2012 09:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

Book called "Flipside", interesting reading that attests to this.
Mickeyblue
User ID: 9806228
United States
10/08/2012 09:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
I believe these hAppen but I also believe comparing it to what we currently 'understand' regarding MIND( we do not know what thAt is) or the complexity of the brain, that we cannot presently mesh them as relating at all.

What MIND may be is just outside of the box of our comprehension.

If "spirit" is the intellect of the soul, then that is wherein you have to begin to explore.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16800654
United States
10/08/2012 09:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24358110

clappa
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23182928

interesting
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19514200
United States
10/08/2012 09:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
His seizure was probably brought on by a vaccine he had gotten the day before. They always try to rule that out as a cause for these things.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19514200
United States
10/08/2012 10:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
His seizure was probably brought on by a vaccine he had gotten the day before. They always try to rule that out as a cause for these things.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19514200

Note, he says "they don't know where it came from"....well, I bet there is one place they did not check.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 815535
United States
10/08/2012 10:05 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 7513502

Duh! Eventually everyone will find out.
2be0rnot2be

User ID: 24702362
United States
10/08/2012 10:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
hf
101icu
Mango Positive

User ID: 1173727
United States
10/08/2012 10:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
He's probably lying. Reductive materialism? He's using big words to bolster his credibility. What do you call the guy who graduates medical school with the lowest GPA? Doctor.
'Faith' is the acknowledgment that you have absolutely no justification for the silly shit you believe.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12064276
United States
10/08/2012 10:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
just about everything in our body has memory, in muscle they are called '' muscle spindle'' in the tendon '' golgi tendon '' the heart as well has memory....
PENG

User ID: 1159762
United States
10/08/2012 10:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Very awesome. Thanks hf
"May the road rise up to meet you.... May the wind be always at your back..."
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25023241
United States
10/08/2012 10:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

bonghit

And you are going to change this.. how?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25023241
United States
10/08/2012 10:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

bonghit

And you are going to change this.. how?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1610534
United States
10/08/2012 10:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Are you aware of your mind?

Then by definition, you're not your mind.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24827996
United States
10/08/2012 11:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
i was in a coma for a week and had zero brain activity i came out of it less than 24 hours before they were going to pull life support....
I agree i remember things from the time that i was in that coma
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15146787
Canada
10/08/2012 11:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4443279

Unfortunately for you, you'd have to kill yourself.

We put ourselves through this in order to have true experiences where we don't already know what's going to happen.

That's why we forget everything when we come here. There would be no point if we still knew everything when we got here.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25216007
United States
10/08/2012 11:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
what about folks that have their bodies cremated...does that stop everything?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/08/2012 11:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think this provides more evidence, about why we should take what NDErs say about the afterlife, both the heavenly and hellish NDE experiences.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24847350
United States
10/08/2012 11:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
what about folks that have their bodies cremated...does that stop everything?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25216007

No, you are just burning a shell
Herman The Kid

User ID: 16577681
United States
10/08/2012 11:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
He's probably lying. Reductive materialism? He's using big words to bolster his credibility. What do you call the guy who graduates medical school with the lowest GPA? Doctor.
 Quoting: Mango Positive

It hurts to admit God is real and He loves you when you will do anything to accept that you are not in control.

He is real and Jesus showed the world when He rose from the dead. All He wants is for you to trust Him and be saved from what we perceive to be true.
You m-m-m-muh-make me HAAA-PEEE.

Psalm 34:14 - Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.

Romans 5:8 - But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/08/2012 11:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thread: Why don't Muslims, or atheists, see Muhammad in their near death experiences?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1568805
United States
10/08/2012 11:17 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4443279

Unfortunately for you, you'd have to kill yourself.

We put ourselves through this in order to have true experiences where we don't already know what's going to happen.

That's why we forget everything when we come here. There would be no point if we still knew everything when we got here.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 15146787

Do we really put ourselves through this ? Have
you ever heard of "soultraps"

GLP