Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,155 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 26,844
Pageviews Today: 51,406Threads Today: 23Posts Today: 364
12:27 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Neurosurgeon, has an NDE during a coma, personally confirms consciousness exists outside the brain!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24191598
United States
10/08/2012 11:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Neurosurgeon, has an NDE during a coma, personally confirms consciousness exists outside the brain!
He's probably lying. Reductive materialism? He's using big words to bolster his credibility. What do you call the guy who graduates medical school with the lowest GPA? Doctor.
 Quoting: Mango Positive

It hurts to admit God is real and He loves you when you will do anything to accept that you are not in control.

He is real and Jesus showed the world when He rose from the dead. All He wants is for you to trust Him and be saved from what we perceive to be true.
 Quoting: Herman The Kid

Then the intellect steps back and says it's because you were raised in Western Culture, with Christmas and Thanksgiving and a Judeo-Christian understanding of "God" and Christian churches on every corner.

If you were born and raised, with your family generations before it, in let's say - Yemen.

You'd be saying that about the Prophet Muhammad.

If you were born and raised - in let's say - Northern India - you'd be acutely aware of Krishna.

:|
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2913820
Australia
10/08/2012 11:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Neurosurgeon, has an NDE during a coma, personally confirms consciousness exists outside the brain!
this is bs guys
berniemom2012
Deplorable CatRWall

User ID: 6493463
United States
10/08/2012 11:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 7513502

I haven't watched the video but I do know that the experiences we have when dreaming or other altered states can appear to be way longer (in time) than they actually are. A dream measured in minutes by rapid-eye movements can feel like hours or days to the person.

So ... this guy could've had momentary flash. And just because he's a neurologist does not necesarily mean he has ever studied psychology or consciousness.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9512795
United States
10/08/2012 11:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Are you aware of your mind?

Then by definition, you're not your mind.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1610534

From a dualistic perspective, sure.

I think on closer inspection what seems to be the case is that everything is Polarities and not Dualities. Mind and Matter seem to be complementary poles of a spectrum of Existence (as we can observe it) that never "began" or "ends" anywhere because it is all "at once" (or of the same Generation).

Are you aware of your mind?

Then by definition, it's not actually yours or anyone else's. Who or what is doing the "awareness of mind" anyway? I think even a cursory inner inspection will demonstrate that "you" aren't exerting any part of "you" to be aware of your mind or anything else.
Herman The Kid

User ID: 16577681
United States
10/08/2012 11:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
He's probably lying. Reductive materialism? He's using big words to bolster his credibility. What do you call the guy who graduates medical school with the lowest GPA? Doctor.
 Quoting: Mango Positive

It hurts to admit God is real and He loves you when you will do anything to accept that you are not in control.

He is real and Jesus showed the world when He rose from the dead. All He wants is for you to trust Him and be saved from what we perceive to be true.

Then the intellect steps back and says it's because you were raised in Western Culture, with Christmas and Thanksgiving and a Judeo-Christian understanding of "God" and Christian churches on every corner.

If you were born and raised, with your family generations before it, in let's say - Yemen.

You'd be saying that about the Prophet Muhammad.

If you were born and raised - in let's say - Northern India - you'd be acutely aware of Krishna.

:|
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24191598

No. Like most with closed minds and prejudiced hearts, you assume incorrectly.

I didn't receive the literal baptism of the Holy Ghost until I was 19 years old. I didn't "make a wish" or believe in a book because someone told me to. I felt Christ come and convict me and my life changed.

A person didn't convert me. God did. If you repent and seek Him, you will experience it, too. Jesus is who He said He was and He only wants you to live abundantly. It's very simple and God loves us. Just trust Him and put down your deceit and pride. You will see, too. God is great!
You m-m-m-muh-make me HAAA-PEEE.

Psalm 34:14 - Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.

Romans 5:8 - But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22923005
United States
10/08/2012 11:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
We're all already okay and there's no need to be saved. There is only unconditional love throughout the entire universe, we just have to remember this :)

That's the joke about Hell and sinners and most religions, and that's why they each have a simple core of truth in them all.

The real truth can't be put into words, as they are not meant to be denoted by man. It's impossible to describe. I've been connected to Source and am fully aware that I could never describe it to someone and the words fully amount to what it was. It's impossible. However, the most simplest terms which still doesn't give it 1/1000000000000000000th of truth is that it was just beautiful, perfect, and just IS.

We're all okay, and we're all gonna make it :) Always remember that. The game is as real as you want to make it.
Herman The Kid

United States
10/08/2012 11:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
We're all already okay and there's no need to be saved. There is only unconditional love throughout the entire universe, we just have to remember this :)

That's the joke about Hell and sinners and most religions, and that's why they each have a simple core of truth in them all.

The real truth can't be put into words, as they are not meant to be denoted by man. It's impossible to describe. I've been connected to Source and am fully aware that I could never describe it to someone and the words fully amount to what it was. It's impossible. However, the most simplest terms which still doesn't give it 1/1000000000000000000th of truth is that it was just beautiful, perfect, and just IS.

We're all okay, and we're all gonna make it :) Always remember that. The game is as real as you want to make it.
 Quoting: Orion153

Hitler is okay. He's gonna make it.

Shall I continue?

Romans 5:8 - But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/08/2012 11:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Indeed he is. Ego's untamed are harsh. At his core exists a spark of God, the same spark in us all. Would God ever condemn himself? God is nothing but unconditional love. It's not something we gain, it's something we already are and its our inheritance.

We're living in a fictional play. And you have to admit, it's a pretty damn wild ride. However, with all plays, there must be a script :D
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/08/2012 11:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Also, it's not a sense of God. As that implies there's a ruler, when indeed that is not the case. There are no rulers, as we are all part of the one source. It's our duty to see that and realize it, which exists in everything you see and everyone you see.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24949056
United States
10/08/2012 11:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
i was in a coma for a week and had zero brain activity i came out of it less than 24 hours before they were going to pull life support....
I agree i remember things from the time that i was in that coma
 Quoting: tatmark1

what do you remember?
Herman The Kid

United States
10/08/2012 11:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Indeed he is. Ego's untamed are harsh. At his core exists a spark of God, the same spark in us all. Would God ever condemn himself? God is nothing but unconditional love. It's not something we gain, it's something we already are and its our inheritance.

We're living in a fictional play. And you have to admit, it's a pretty damn wild ride. However, with all plays, there must be a script :D

I agree that God is unconditional love. Still, do you say Jesus the Christ was who He said He was, a lunatic or a liar? There are no other options. Which is it?

Anonymous Coward
United States
10/08/2012 11:53 PM
Report Abusive Post

I agree that God is unconditional love. Still, do you say Jesus the Christ was who He said He was, a lunatic or a liar? There are no other options. Which is it?

He's exactly who we all are. No difference among any other human or the birds or the trees. No greater, no less. He was playing his role during that incarnation and it definitely did it's job.

He was just awakened during the game and knew "his role."

Everything is equal and unconditional. There are no true differences, only the illusion.

The trick is realizing, there's only ONE of us here.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6725778
Finland
10/08/2012 11:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
hmmmm so when i "die" im actually going to be waking up and saying "man that was a trip, whats next?"
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1015009

That'd be too cruel. I'd kill whoever is responsible.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4443279

Unfortunately for you, you'd have to kill yourself.

We put ourselves through this in order to have true experiences where we don't already know what's going to happen.

That's why we forget everything when we come here. There would be no point if we still knew everything when we got here.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 15146787

Do we really put ourselves through this ? Have
you ever heard of "soultraps"
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1568805

Well chaps, I truly hope you are not gonna get into that - before believing - although, everything is true in the internet - I'd suggest some research first. A medical doctor who is promoting his book on 'life beyond death'.. seriously? really?

Sigh.

1dpanic
MWELLK
User ID: 18996828
Canada
10/08/2012 11:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
BODY, BRAIN, MIND...ARE JUST WORKING ..PARTS OF THE CAR....HEART CONSCIOUSNESS...IS WHAT YOU ARE...MWELLK
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21291600
United States
10/08/2012 11:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump for later
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18800961
Portugal
10/09/2012 12:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
We lose weight when we die.
MWELLK
User ID: 18996828
Canada
10/09/2012 12:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
I HAVE SEEN YESTERDAY...I KNOW TOMORROW....MY HEART, IS ETERNALLY MY BODY...{O*} PERFECT CENTER, CIRCLE, ARC, ARK, WELL, WHEEL...{S*} SON...{IRIS*} EYE OF GOD...OSIRIS...MWELLK
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23924328
United States
10/09/2012 12:05 AM
Report Abusive Post

Wow. Whence cometh your knowledge? It resonates SO much with me. Over five years ago I had a NDE due to a heart attack. For 10 to 12 years before this I had become an atheist and was comfortable with the idea that when we die that's it. No afterlife. Then...the NDE. In the NDE I saw only enlightenment, no punishment or holding to accountability, and everyone gets the same reward, which is that enlightenment. I felt only love and joy. So, speaking of this existence, I like to say "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas". IOW, what happens in this life stays with it and does what the physical of this existence does...it decomposes. When our consciousness goes on we see the truth of existence...and that's just the way it is.
Many religious people reject this when I spoke about it and some have even called me a liar. Most atheists just think it's brain activity or drugs. Ha ha...to both these groups I say...try having one!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19510487
United States
10/09/2012 12:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
we are here to Learn, so we are the Student.

we must Share what we have learned, thus becoming the Teacher

Thread: Near Death Experience
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24847350

If you want to get wise and get off the hamster wheel forever then you might get wise to games by studying the games matrix. Google "The Resolution of the Mind" by Dennis H. Stephens and check it out for yourself. I'm up to Level 4 and so far it helps me erase old mind programs.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 988441
United States
10/09/2012 12:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
of course it does, the brain is just a computer interface for the real you
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24358110

Which would mean when the computer/brain dies, the software dies too.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22573986
United States
10/09/2012 12:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
Sorry, he lost me at "seeing the beautiful girl with the peach and powder dress".

He's trying to sell a book. It's obvious.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/09/2012 12:12 AM
Report Abusive Post

Wow. Whence cometh your knowledge? It resonates SO much with me. Over five years ago I had a NDE due to a heart attack. For 10 to 12 years before this I had become an atheist and was comfortable with the idea that when we die that's it. No afterlife. Then...the NDE. In the NDE I saw only enlightenment, no punishment or holding to accountability, and everyone gets the same reward, which is that enlightenment. I felt only love and joy. So, speaking of this existence, I like to say "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas". IOW, what happens in this life stays with it and does what the physical of this existence does...it decomposes. When our consciousness goes on we see the truth of existence...and that's just the way it is.
Many religious people reject this when I spoke about it and some have even called me a liar. Most atheists just think it's brain activity or drugs. Ha ha...to both these groups I say...try having one!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23924328

Yes, at my higher calibrations that has been my experience, as you say. I also feel the pull of the -- by now fixated -- desires. Some people drop the dross instantly and some people chip away at it like its concrete. Most of us our minds are too cherished and noisy and we would need some real "DOOM" to drop the delusional mind games and come back around to resting in who we truly are.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 7513502
United States
10/09/2012 12:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
Another really awesome NDE:
[link to www.sidroth.org]
lupa14714

User ID: 23350068
United Kingdom
10/09/2012 12:13 AM
Report Abusive Post

Shall I continue?

yep,that's what i asked them,why we're allowed to create hell here? he said "there is a purpose" hmmmpf,not happy with that answer,the ,what he calls hyper reality is true,even colour is like alive,and there just is no time there.(wherever there is)
church of euthanasia.
[link to www.facebook.com]
have just left my paranormal photos on,as I,m leaving soon.some you have to see whole picture,as clipped.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/09/2012 12:15 AM
Report Abusive Post

He's exactly who we all are. No difference among any other human or the birds or the trees. No greater, no less. He was playing his role during that incarnation and it definitely did it's job.

He was just awakened during the game and knew "his role."

Everything is equal and unconditional. There are no true differences, only the illusion.

The trick is realizing, there's only ONE of us here.

Yup
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/09/2012 12:16 AM
Report Abusive Post

From personal journeying :) through my own path of searching since I was even young till the moment of my ego death and connection with Source and my awakening.

I'd grew up with a strong Christian family, but just could never say "It's correct." I didn't see any holy book having the answers to life, that just seemed too easy and too ego driven. That and all the contradictions in each one. From there, I just followed my own path looking for answers, till I'd found they were already there from the start. I know how you feel as well, because even in that it's comical. The real answer is something you find yourself and its comical when you get it. You realize its truly one you have to find yourself.

I'm very happy that resonates with you as well :).

From here on out, just been allowing the flow of things to occur. Looking at everything as an opportunity and helping anyone that comes my way with any assistance I can.

Gotta be happy with what ya got, and see the beauty of being here. That regardless of how rough it may seem, guess what, you're still here... you EXIST. To exist in itself says it all :) For anything to exist, it's already perfect.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/09/2012 12:19 AM
Report Abusive Post

Shall I continue?

yep,that's what i asked them,why we're allowed to create hell here? he said "there is a purpose" hmmmpf,not happy with that answer,the ,what he calls hyper reality is true,even colour is like alive,and there just is no time there.(wherever there is)
 Quoting: lupa14714

You said it yourself, "we're allowed to create hell here." We have CREATED this. Man has. Law of Free Will brother. Now we have to FIX this. :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16213681
United States
10/09/2012 12:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Everybody knows some 4 year olds who remember their previous existance and who their parents were.

I had a psych prof who said he wasn't afraid of death because he experienced dying from drowning off a boat and it was pleasant experience.
Just to spoil another of his all too frequent sense of knowing everything I asked him, "well how do you know you experienced only part one of the death experience and not what comes after that, according to the buddhists and stages of the Bardo after death".
He had no answer for once which I enjoyed immensely.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/09/2012 12:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
Another really awesome NDE:
[link to www.sidroth.org]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 7513502

Sounds like he's a man with a mission, alright. A mission to capitalize on his experience and sell a book on it. He lost me when he made it sound as if only Christians are admitted to that city in heaven. Sure to be a big seller amongst lots of Christians wanting proof of their faith. Funny, many other NDErs (and I've done LOTS of research) put the emphasis not on God or gods, but looking within and how we treat one another...and they're people of many different religions from all over the world and even some with no religion at all...such as myself.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/09/2012 12:42 AM
Report Abusive Post

From personal journeying :) through my own path of searching since I was even young till the moment of my ego death and connection with Source and my awakening.

I'd grew up with a strong Christian family, but just could never say "It's correct." I didn't see any holy book having the answers to life, that just seemed too easy and too ego driven. That and all the contradictions in each one. From there, I just followed my own path looking for answers, till I'd found they were already there from the start. I know how you feel as well, because even in that it's comical. The real answer is something you find yourself and its comical when you get it. You realize its truly one you have to find yourself.

I'm very happy that resonates with you as well :).

From here on out, just been allowing the flow of things to occur. Looking at everything as an opportunity and helping anyone that comes my way with any assistance I can.

Gotta be happy with what ya got, and see the beauty of being here. That regardless of how rough it may seem, guess what, you're still here... you EXIST. To exist in itself says it all :) For anything to exist, it's already perfect.

It's almost the same for me...raised in religion, but could never really, truly believe it. I took to the scientific view and rejected the idea of God and afterlife.
You speak truth. It's amazing that you've come to this on your own! Yet, there's much truth to "the truth is within you"...so many can't/won't accept that!

GLP