Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,226 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,497,112
Pageviews Today: 2,490,106Threads Today: 997Posts Today: 17,770
11:15 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Darden Restaurants (Red Lobster/Olice Garden/LongHorn) Testing Stores WITHOUT Full-Time Employees Due To Obamacare!!

PravdaDemocrat
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 19228212
United States
10/08/2012 06:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Darden Restaurants (Red Lobster/Olice Garden/LongHorn) Testing Stores WITHOUT Full-Time Employees Due To Obamacare!!
Using ALL Part-time staff, but for 2 Managers, due to the expected huge increase in employee costs.
How UNEXPECTEDLY UNEXPECTED!!

From the Orlando Sentinal:
Orlando-based Darden Restaurants has stopped offering full-time schedules to many hourly workers in at least a few Olive Gardens, Red Lobsters and LongHorn Steakhouses.

Darden said the test is taking place in "a select number" of restaurants in four markets, including Central Florida, but would not give details. The company said there has been no decision made about expanding it.

In an emailed statement, Darden said staffing changes are "just one of the many things we are evaluating to help us address the cost implications health care reform will have on our business. There are still many unanswered questions regarding the health care regulations and we simply do not have enough information to make any decisions at this time."
[link to www.orlandosentinel.com]

Surprisingly, Darden Restaurant’s CEO has been a major Obama donor in the past. Of course, thise DEMOCRAT CEO, an evil 1%'r, won't be cutting his own hours, now will he?

Darden, the world’s largest casual-dining company, and one of the nation’s 30 largest employers, said it offers health insurance to all its approximately 185,000 employees. Many are offered a limited-benefit plan. That type of coverage is being phased out under health-care changes, which will ban annual limits for most plans.
How's that Hopey-Changey thingy workin' out for ya, eh?

White Castle is considering the same thing, NO EMPLOYEE may get over 28 hours per week.

If I were the owner of a company, corporation, business or concern that is going to be affected by Obamacare, and I could offload it at a price that would keep me in good comfort the rest of my life, I’d friggin sell it and hide the money in some form that the government could not touch effectively.

If Obama wins reelection, I expect a LOT of small biz owners to sell out, or close, and a a lot of large stock holders to bail. They’re gonna check out, and try to outrun the chaos.

I don’t blame them.
PravdaDemocrat  (OP)

United States
10/08/2012 07:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Darden Restaurants (Red Lobster/Olice Garden/LongHorn) Testing Stores WITHOUT Full-Time Employees Due To Obamacare!!
I don’t blame the CEO, actually. This is just like so many other Democrat job-killing laws.

No one never said everybody is equal in Corporate America.

He has a fiduciary responsibility to his shareholders to limit costs and work within the parameters of the law. It’s the lawmakers (Obama, Pelosi, Reid) who changed the game, and who should be blame.
PravdaDemocrat  (OP)

United States
10/08/2012 07:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Darden Restaurants (Red Lobster/Olice Garden/LongHorn) Testing Stores WITHOUT Full-Time Employees Due To Obamacare!!
Elections really do have consequences, folks...
Saratonin

User ID: 6418504
United States
10/08/2012 07:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Explains why part-time hires showed up so much in the Unemployment Report...

- Sara
My Blog - [link to blog.emergencyoutdoors.com]
Online Survival Store - [link to www.emergencyoutdoors.com]
Heirloom (Non-GMO) Survival Seeds - [link to www.emergencyoutdoors.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11391214
United States
10/08/2012 07:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Obama is loving it, Make full time employees part time and Depend on government.
PravdaDemocrat  (OP)

United States
10/08/2012 07:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Obama is loving it, Make full time employees part time and Depend on government.
 Quoting: sonic doom

yep....
Hello Julia time, if he is reelected...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14206252
United States
10/08/2012 07:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
The game has been rigged from the get go, and changed numerous times since. Your whole spiel about feduciary responsibility also contributes to whats wrong with the "game". The words by themselves are not bs, but put together you get a Bullshit phrase made up by a room full of overpaid crooks, in order to sound professional, and in the know. Fuck him, and the shareholders. How much could stock be worth for that shitty food anyway, People should be patronizing local owned establishments, not some corporate chain with crap food.
frippy

User ID: 22862527
United States
10/08/2012 07:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
They both stink.

Last Edited by frippy on 10/08/2012 07:29 PM
cultivating frippy
PravdaDemocrat  (OP)

United States
10/08/2012 07:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
The game has been rigged from the get go, and changed numerous times since. Your whole spiel about feduciary responsibility also contributes to whats wrong with the "game". The words by themselves are not bs, but put together you get a Bullshit phrase made up by a room full of overpaid crooks, in order to sound professional, and in the know. Fuck him, and the shareholders. How much could stock be worth for that shitty food anyway, People should be patronizing local owned establishments, not some corporate chain with crap food.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14206252

People shouldn't be voting for a guy that can't stand them, like Obama, either.
But many people do whatever the TV tells them to.
Giftedest

User ID: 10743044
United States
10/08/2012 07:30 PM

Report Abusive Post
There was a thread showing a list of companies (McDonald's was on it) who applied for and received an exemption from 'obamacare' regulations.

Can't find it using the woed exempt... maybe it said opt out, don't have time to look now, it was an impressive list.
Who does your thinking?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11391214
United States
10/08/2012 07:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
There was a thread showing a list of companies (McDonald's was on it) who applied for and received an exemption from 'obamacare' regulations.

Can't find it using the woed exempt... maybe it said opt out, don't have time to look now, it was an impressive list.
 Quoting: Giftedest

Yeah and Pelosi has some restaurants in San Francisco that are exempt.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17875044
United States
10/08/2012 07:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Every business in our town is like this, from food maxx to the autoparts stores.
Anaiah

User ID: 20652506
United States
10/08/2012 07:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Bitch please. There's a ton of people who've hired only part time for years because of the OTHER benefits that it denies the worker which cut profits. If they're doing it now, it's only because they've happened upon a new excuse to bring the American people one step closer to surfdom while the fiefs sit fat in their multimillion dollar mansions and laugh.
As above, So below.
PravdaDemocrat  (OP)

United States
10/08/2012 08:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Bitch please. There's a ton of people who've hired only part time for years because of the OTHER benefits that it denies the worker which cut profits. If they're doing it now, it's only because they've happened upon a new excuse to bring the American people one step closer to surfdom while the fiefs sit fat in their multimillion dollar mansions and laugh.
 Quoting: Anaiah

uh...
yeah....
sure....

But of course, you have never bothered to ask yourself WHY, right?
Little guy
User ID: 10783814
United States
10/08/2012 08:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
It was my understanding that under Obamacare, even part time employees had to be covered.

Am I wrong about this?

At any rate I agree w/ the other poster who said this is and has been the norm for retail and restaurant employees for many years.

Any way to increase the big boys profits and screw the little guy.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/08/2012 08:05 PM
Report Abusive Post

uh...
yeah....
sure....

Quoting: PravdaDemocrat

Why? Corporate greed?

Seriously...how can these fuckers justify living like kings while their MOST IMPORTANT employees, the one's that actually work with their patrons, can't make a livable wage?

I'm a conservative, don't get me wrong. I believe in capitalism but bring back mom and pop's who actually CARED about their employees.

These corporations are killing us.

This is why I can't back up the republicans. They won't admit there's a problem here.
PravdaDemocrat  (OP)

United States
10/08/2012 08:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
It was my understanding that under Obamacare, even part time employees had to be covered.

Am I wrong about this?

At any rate I agree w/ the other poster who said this is and has been the norm for retail and restaurant employees for many years.

Quoting: Little guy 10783814

Nope...
Although the Obama Administration has declared 30 hours to now be the new "Full-time", for Obamacare purposes.

I have seen the future under Democrats, and it is multiple part time jobs for everyone.

It will become the norm for people to have their “morning” and “evening” jobs. Neither will amount to more than 30 hours a week, but everyone will have to work at least two jobs to make ends meet.

Goodbye 40 hour work week...

Goodbye quality family time....

Hello more commuting and gas usage....

The Law of the Unintended Consequences of Liberalism is a real b*tch.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/08/2012 08:12 PM
Report Abusive Post

Am I wrong about this?

Nope...
Although the Obama Administration has declared 30 hours to now be the new "Full-time", for Obamacare purposes.

I have seen the future under Democrats, and it is multiple part time jobs for everyone.

It will become the norm for people to have their “morning” and “evening” jobs. Neither will amount to more than 30 hours a week, but everyone will have to work at least two jobs to make ends meet.

In all fairness, I see this as more a corporate thing than a liberal thing.

Both parties are supporting these goons. OR is it the other way around?

Corporations are killing us.

Period.
PravdaDemocrat  (OP)

United States
10/08/2012 08:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

Am I wrong about this?

Nope...

Period.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10783814

Can you here Ross Perot's "Giant Sucking Sound", yet?

Remember how the TV told you to laugh, and laugh, and laugh at that one? Remember how the late night comics mocked it, and Saturday Night Live did skits about it?

It didn't fit the Democrat Current Truth of the time.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/08/2012 08:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

Am I wrong about this?

Nope...

Period.

Can you here Ross Perot's "Giant Sucking Sound", yet?

Remember how the TV told you to laugh, and laugh, and laugh at that one? Remember how the late night comics mocked it, and Saturday Night Live did skits about it?

It didn't fit the Democrat Current Truth of the time.

Yes, I do remember.

I also remember a family member of mine who worked for a law firm that serviced the Klintoons. Said they remembered seeing Ross Perot's name on their payroll.

Just saying.

It's still true.

Unfortunately....you haven't see the repubs fixing it, now have you?
Anaiah

User ID: 20652506
United States
10/08/2012 08:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

uh...
yeah....
sure....

I included the answer in my post. You even quoted it. Let me bold it for you though:

Corporate profits are at an all time high despite the recession. It's individuals and small businesses that are being hurt. That said: Obama's idea of how to try and implement socialized healthcare as a piss-poor one. The for-profit nature of corporations in charge of it all, and the ability to patent your pills so that other people cannot offer you a price-neutral alternative, much like the ability to file multi-million lawsuits against doctors (which drives up the cost of what? INSURANCE for the practicing doctors) all contribute to the rising cost of healthcare. And given the way that insurance is MEANT to work, it's only going to drive the cost of it up further.

I think Obamacare was a well-intentioned idea, if indeed, the idea WAS to cover everyone's healthcare. Whether or not it was, it was implemented in a piss-poor way. The notion that we can keep insurance companies as entities with a 20% profit margin will only keep it rising. If anything, we should make healthcare not-for-profit for the most part, and pay in a percentage of our income in exchange for ACTUAL socialized healthcare. Otherwise, it's just going to contribute to a higher rate of inflation in the insurance market and healthcare fields as well. On top of that, calling it a tax when it forces you to buy a product from a privately owned corporation is unconstitutional and fucking retarded.
As above, So below.
****SUPERFLY****

User ID: 19055858
United States
10/08/2012 08:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well, well, well not isn't that a clever way to get the unemployment numbers up. We will have everyone in the Food, Beverage and Hotel industry working 28 hours a week, but still unable to support themselves, BUT employed never the less!

Ingenious! Pfffft
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25213624
United States
10/08/2012 08:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here is Pelosi defending the 1,800 companies she got ObamaCare waivers for: [link to www.realclearpolitics.com]

I found this list of exempt companies at Free Republic: [link to www.freerepublic.com]
beeches

User ID: 14127627
United States
10/08/2012 08:38 PM

Report Abusive Post
Great find PD.

Now how is that not treason??

Oh that was the other thread!

Seriously I read this and feel nothing but trepidation for our future.

kill us some more, why dontcha, ya pack of wolves and hyenas! Scavengers just waiting for our beautiful country to croak.
Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face – Thomas Sowell
Jericho9

User ID: 7913305
United States
10/08/2012 08:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Using ALL Part-time staff, but for 2 Managers, due to the expected huge increase in employee costs.
How UNEXPECTEDLY UNEXPECTED!!

From the Orlando Sentinal:
Orlando-based Darden Restaurants has stopped offering full-time schedules to many hourly workers in at least a few Olive Gardens, Red Lobsters and LongHorn Steakhouses.

Darden said the test is taking place in "a select number" of restaurants in four markets, including Central Florida, but would not give details. The company said there has been no decision made about expanding it.

In an emailed statement, Darden said staffing changes are "just one of the many things we are evaluating to help us address the cost implications health care reform will have on our business. There are still many unanswered questions regarding the health care regulations and we simply do not have enough information to make any decisions at this time."
[link to www.orlandosentinel.com]

Surprisingly, Darden Restaurant’s CEO has been a major Obama donor in the past. Of course, thise DEMOCRAT CEO, an evil 1%'r, won't be cutting his own hours, now will he?

Darden, the world’s largest casual-dining company, and one of the nation’s 30 largest employers, said it offers health insurance to all its approximately 185,000 employees. Many are offered a limited-benefit plan. That type of coverage is being phased out under health-care changes, which will ban annual limits for most plans.
How's that Hopey-Changey thingy workin' out for ya, eh?

White Castle is considering the same thing, NO EMPLOYEE may get over 28 hours per week.

If I were the owner of a company, corporation, business or concern that is going to be affected by Obamacare, and I could offload it at a price that would keep me in good comfort the rest of my life, I’d friggin sell it and hide the money in some form that the government could not touch effectively.

If Obama wins reelection, I expect a LOT of small biz owners to sell out, or close, and a a lot of large stock holders to bail. They’re gonna check out, and try to outrun the chaos.

I don’t blame them.

Coming to a theatre near you!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10124850
United States
10/08/2012 08:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
God, corporate executives will do ANYTHING to keep from losing even a cent from their salaries.

Even if it means the workers lose.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15256858
United States
10/08/2012 08:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Neal Boortz (huge radio talk show out of Atlanta everyday) had a caller tell him about this on his show this morning.

I wondered who "Darden" was ...now I know.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24543015
United States
10/08/2012 09:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don’t blame the CEO, actually. This is just like so many other Democrat job-killing laws.

No one never said everybody is equal in Corporate America.

He has a fiduciary responsibility to his shareholders to limit costs and work within the parameters of the law. It’s the lawmakers (Obama, Pelosi, Reid) who changed the game, and who should be blame.

Please Read -
Screw the CEO! I've worked for the company for many years! I've seen people in his position come and go. We get screwed and he gets a bonus! Just a few months ago cashed in $8million in stock given to him. He'll be gone in a few years and us lifers will be screwed, the stole our retirement in a sneaky move, won't read about that in the papers. Oh, and get this, Full-Timers get insurance, yet Darden is one of two companies in the country trying out new insurance. You get a choice of 5 shitty plans. To keep the same coverage I have now for my family of 3 will cost me $14,599 per year + $2k out of pocket before they'll do anything!
They also don't mention that at the same time he's decided to expand the company's restaurants to Egypt, Quatar, Dubai, to name a few of many more countries. (Who's he in bed with?) so trust me, they could afford to give us lifers a fair priced insurance! I could go on but I won't because they also made us sign a document a few months back saying we could be fired for speaking out. Thus the reason for posting Anonymously!
By the way, anyone on the West Coast should be asking ALL of our restaurants if they are testing their fish for radiation from Fukushima! (Don't eat any fish!)
davvi

User ID: 3677166
United States
10/08/2012 09:11 PM
Report Abusive Post

uh...
yeah....
sure....

Why? Corporate greed?

Seriously...how can these fuckers justify living like kings while their MOST IMPORTANT employees, the one's that actually work with their patrons, can't make a livable wage?

I'm a conservative, don't get me wrong. I believe in capitalism but bring back mom and pop's who actually CARED about their employees.

These corporations are killing us.

This is why I can't back up the republicans. They won't admit there's a problem here.

you're a conservative? yea sure and fauxcohontas is a real indian. your employer, including big corporations owe you one thing and one thing only that is the paycheck you earn. they are not family, they are not a charity they are a business whose bottom line is to make money for the owners/and or the stock holders, those people who risked their own capital to create the job which earns you the paycheck.

if you don't like the deal move on to a place which will wipe your chin and ass. or better yet invest your own money and open your own business.

i don't mind you disliking big business, but for cripes sake never call yourself a conservative.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24543015
United States
10/08/2012 09:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Please Read - Hourly Emploee
Screw the CEO! I've worked for the company for many years! I've seen people in his position come and go. We get screwed and he gets a bonus! Just a few months ago cashed in $8million in stock given to him. He'll be gone in a few years and us lifers will be screwed, the stole our retirement in a sneaky move, won't read about that in the papers. Oh, and get this, Full-Timers get insurance, yet Darden is one of two companies in the country trying out new insurance. You get a choice of 5 shitty plans. To keep the same coverage I have now for my family of 3 will cost me $14,599 per year + $2k out of pocket before they'll do anything!
They also don't mention that at the same time he's decided to expand the company's restaurants to Egypt, Quatar, Dubai, to name a few of many more countries. (Who's he in bed with?) so trust me, they could afford to give us lifers a fair priced insurance! I could go on but I won't because they also made us sign a document a few months back saying we could be fired for speaking out. Thus the reason for posting Anonymously!
By the way, anyone on the West Coast should be asking ALL of our restaurants if they are testing their fish for radiation from Fukushima! (Don't eat any fish!)

By the way, Darden now owns and operates many other chains.
SEE BELOW:
Olive Garden
Red Lobster
Longhorn Steakhouse
Capital Grille
Season's 52
Bahama Breeze
Wildfish
Eddie V's
And newest - Yardhouse
Bluebird

User ID: 730536
United States
10/08/2012 09:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here is Pelosi defending the 1,800 companies she got ObamaCare waivers for: [link to www.realclearpolitics.com]

I found this list of exempt companies at Free Republic: [link to www.freerepublic.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25213624

Oh,wow, this is so depressing.

I'm still steamed that congress doesn't have to live under Obamacare.

No death panels for them!
One of the most important aspects of conspiracy theories is being able to discern when there isn't one.

Oh yeah, like you'd understand anyway.

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?. . .J. Handy

GLP