WTF !! MSM CNN : "DON'T BUY PHYSICAL SILVER BUT PAPER CERTIFICATES "

SilverPatriot

User ID: 18456813
United States
10/08/2012 10:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: WTF !! MSM CNN : "DON'T BUY PHYSICAL SILVER BUT PAPER CERTIFICATES "
Great going ABC as if valueless paper trumps silver coins or bars in hand and although initially gold and silver might appear to be worthless these metals are the building blocks of civilization due to their many uses. If the SHTF initially beans, rice, salt and heck even coffee will hold initially hold more value metals but once a food chin is established then metals will again become valuable.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4637200
United States
10/08/2012 10:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is so funny.. such propaganda.

CNN and the likes, owned by whomever doesn't matter, want us to believe we live in a virtual world of sorts.
One in which all that you have earned after being fully taxed, should be dumped back into said system and then re taxed upon exit. Get real and own real goods. Metals, real estate, tangible assets of any sorts.
MSO

User ID: 24519302
United States
10/08/2012 10:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
When the Dollar implodes and it will for anyone who doubts this here are some quick fact.
Fact #1 80 million baby boomers going on Medicare and Social Security. To make this so even the most stupid can understand that is one person sucking the life out of the system for two workers paying in. One of these Boomers has a Dr visit and you're in the hole for the year. This isn't going to work no matter what BS you hear on TV or who gets elected.
Fact #2 QE3
Fact #3 The Petro Dollar the GAME IS OVER! The US had a sweet deal that keep the need for Dollars all over the world since oil could only be bought with them, but now that is done Russia, China and Iran and others say Piss on the Dollar. When all these Dollars come home to the US… BOOM (Hyper Inflation).
So when the SHTF people all over the world will want to dump their dollars for GOLD & SILVER so for the few that where smart enough to buy they will get $1000's of Dollars per ounce. Yes the Dollar will be worthless to most but all debt will still be payable in Dollars. You will not have to eat your Silver instead use it to pay off your home. Just look at history it will be easy for one single ounce to hit a $100,000 when your talking about only a billion ounces of Silver in the world with more than 200 trillion in wealth that people will be looking to move into something secure. A quick fact for those that don't know there is less Silver in the world than Gold.
This is how it will go down in the early part of the collapse. At some point only food and such items will have value when this happens you missed the boat and can just toss your silver out in the street because your dumb ass keep it too long. Everyone should have a few ounces for when the time comes. A $100 now could save your ass in the near future.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25174444
Australia
10/09/2012 12:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
Paper won't mean crap when it hits the fan.Madness.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11518748

Neither will silver, people will be trading in stuff they need like food and salt.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18169141

I've always imagined during a situation such as when SHTF, if I had food stockpiled, someone may come asking to trade my food for their silver bars.

And I then try to imagine what use I will have for silver bars when SHTF..
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 602706

Neither will silver, people will be trading in stuff they need like food and salt.

I've always imagined during a situation such as when SHTF, if I had food stockpiled, someone may come asking to trade my food for their silver bars.

You lack imagination. Not only that, you are clueless as to how trade works and how groups of people behave that need to exchange goods. Wow.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25174444
Australia
10/09/2012 12:38 AM
Report Abusive Post

You lack imagination. Not only that, you are clueless as to how trade works and how groups of people behave that need to exchange goods. Wow.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24844915
United States
10/09/2012 12:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.silverdoctors.com]

CNN Money’s response? ETF’s such as SLV or SIVR (notice Sprott’s PSLV is not included), silver certificates- essentially own paper silver in any way or form as long as investors avoid actual physical silver bullion like the plague.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25191038

We've been through this over 5 times since the crash of 1929. They are called junk bonds. Now called derivatives or AAA Bonds.

All junk...just like any Federal Reserve Note printed after 1988. 1988 was the last year the US was solvent and if they ever decide to reset the system, all they have to do is void any bank notes printed after 1988. Try to find one.

Silver, gold, platinum, and palladium are good physical investments as long as you do not store them in a bank deposit box and as long as you do not create a paper trail while purchasing/transfering/storing/selling them.
Devoted Follower
User ID: 24094839
United States
10/09/2012 01:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hmm...

I may start just clipping out the pictures of items I want from the sales papers instead of actually buying them.

I could tape the pictures to my fridge and stare at them...nearly as good as the real thing.

Yes...

I think I like this new...logic?

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11996258
United States
10/09/2012 08:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Someone at MSM/CNN must need to unload a bunch of paper...remember every fall needs a buyer, ie, fall guy who's buying....the only paper I'd be buying is stocks..mining that is...the juniors are set to rise...
 Quoting: 4Evergirl

^THIS^

Although I think you should be shorting for a little bit, trends are turning at the moment, but that won't last long.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25260363
United States
10/10/2012 10:07 AM
Report Abusive Post

If you need supplies or run out of certain food items, tools, you will need your silver in addition to just swapping items. Or you need gas or other fuels, transportation, lighting, medicine.

In africa people with literally nothing to eat pan for gold all day for a few grains so they can eat for one day.
Food & supplies are sold off trucks for gold.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16213681

That's true, I've seen a documentary about it on TV. BUT, keep in mind that in Zimbabwe (which I believe is where it was) they are experiencing a LOCALISED collapse. Therefore, there are still people in other parts of the world willing to pay for the gold, so the middle men set up where the gold panning is taking place and the OUTSIDE gold investors are ultimately who creates this market. In a general worldwide collapse, there will be no outside investors capable of creating local PM markets in every town and village. So, unless you have a local bigwig who has prepped beyond belief and is willing to make a market in PMs by providing liquidity in the form of food and medicine and what not, the PMs will be worthless until a market is reestablished. For physical PMS here in the US, Ebay and the local coin shops all over the country make the market in physical PMs. Since I know I can sell my coins and bars for either cash to the local coin dealer or Paypal funds on Ebay, I'm comfortable holding silver and gold instead of USD because I believe that my metals will outstrip the USD in value between now and the time when I feel the need to convert back to cash in order to buy needed items. I of course already have a good prep stash started, but I feel like we still have a way to go before the end, so I'm banking on being able to buy MORE stuff with my PMs down the road, than I could right now.

GLP