Deplorable CatRWall

User ID: 6493463
United States
10/08/2012 10:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
MY PREDICTION - Obama's New Debate Strategy
MY PREDICTION:

In the next two debates, Obama will take a page from the book of his much-admired role model: Ronald Reagan.

In the 1984 presidential race, Reagan had to debate Michael Dukakis who had actually hosted a popular debate show out of Boston in the 1970s.

Dukakis threw every fact in the book at Reagan, but Reagan would just shake his head, smile that idiotic smile of his, and utter something like "There he goes again!" ( which he'd used against a much smarter man, Jimmy Carter, in 1980).

Ronald Reagan had a terrible relationship with truth. He lied with a charming smile on his face, doing his best to disarm and dismiss smarter and more competent men who opposed him.

He once uttered a revealing Freudian slip. Intending to say "Facts are stubborn things" he said: "Facts are stupid things."

Ronald Reagan served two terms as president.
berniemom2012  (OP)
Deplorable CatRWall

United States
10/08/2012 10:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: MY PREDICTION - Obama's New Debate Strategy
MY PREDICTION:

In the next two debates, Obama will take a page from the book of his much-admired role model: Ronald Reagan.

In the 1984 presidential race, Reagan had to debate Michael Dukakis who had actually hosted a popular debate show out of Boston in the 1970s.

Dukakis threw every fact in the book at Reagan, but Reagan would just shake his head, smile that idiotic smile of his, and utter something like "There he goes again!" ( which he'd used against a much smarter man, Jimmy Carter, in 1980).

Ronald Reagan had a terrible relationship with truth. He lied with a charming smile on his face, doing his best to disarm and dismiss smarter and more competent men who opposed him.

He once uttered a revealing Freudian slip. Intending to say "Facts are stubborn things" he said: "Facts are stupid things."

Ronald Reagan served two terms as president.
 Quoting: berniemom2012

Oops make that Walter Mondale -- Dukakis was against GHW Bush in 1988. Same result: Smart guy loses.

Here's an example of Reagan "being Reagan"

[link to www.youtube.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17011760
United States
10/08/2012 10:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
I dont know about you , but I have had enough of these intelligent S.O.B.s fucking everything up. I say we go out and pull an old farmer off his tractor and let him run the damned country for four years !!!
berniemom2012  (OP)
Deplorable CatRWall

United States
10/08/2012 10:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
I dont know about you , but I have had enough of these intelligent S.O.B.s fucking everything up. I say we go out and pull an old farmer off his tractor and let him run the damned country for four years !!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17011760

Ha ha, good idea! Couldn't be worse that's for sure.

Funniest thing to watch Obama try to crow about being commander in chief (because he happens to be the commander in chief at the moment), when everyone knows he went to Washington with the worst foreign policy credentials of any president, ever. You get there, they hand you the black football, they tell you what to do .

Our farmer friend definitely could do as well as this loser has done.
berniemom2012  (OP)
Deplorable CatRWall

United States
10/08/2012 10:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17011760

Ha ha, good idea! Couldn't be worse that's for sure.

Funniest thing to watch Obama try to crow about being commander in chief (because he happens to be the commander in chief at the moment), when everyone knows he went to Washington with the worst foreign policy credentials of any president, ever. You get there, they hand you the black football, they tell you what to do .

Our farmer friend definitely could do as well as this loser has done.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25184563
United States
10/08/2012 11:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
No telemprompter means Obama's debate performances are only going to go from bsd to worse this time around. He's not facing John McCain this time around where his lack of substance went unnoticed by the masses in comparison to McCain who looks like the living dead. Obama may even meltdown live on the air.
PravdaDemocrat

User ID: 19228212
United States
10/08/2012 11:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Obama's problem is that he now has a RECORD to defend, that is indefensible.

He can't just shuck and jive his way out of answering questions, like he did in 2008, and tried to do in the debate disaster.

HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE LEADER. And he has no idea HOW to lead.
PravdaDemocrat

United States
10/08/2012 11:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
No telemprompter means Obama's debate performances are only going to go from bsd to worse this time around. He's not facing John McCain this time around where his lack of substance went unnoticed by the masses in comparison to McCain who looks like the living dead. Obama may even meltdown live on the air.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25184563

Libs should be demanding that Romney debate the guy who writes for Obama's teleprompter, not Obama....
berniemom2012  (OP)
Deplorable CatRWall

United States
10/08/2012 11:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

Exactly. Plus he had an incredible tail wind given who had just occupied the WH for 8 years ... possibly the most hated president ever. All he had to do was appear (let's see, what were Biden's words?) oh yes "clean and well spoken".
berniemom2012  (OP)
Deplorable CatRWall

United States
10/08/2012 11:16 PM
Report Abusive Post

Libs should be demanding that Romney debate the guy who writes for Obama's teleprompter, not Obama....
 Quoting: PravdaDemocrat

lmao
MrScrooge

User ID: 3179478
United States
10/08/2012 11:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
The next debate, unfortunately, will be townhall style.... Obama will be able to easily walk around and "warm up" to the preselected, pro-Obama crowd......
PravdaDemocrat

United States
10/08/2012 11:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
The next debate, unfortunately, will be townhall style.... Obama will be able to easily walk around and "warm up" to the preselected, pro-Obama crowd......
 Quoting: MrScrooge

You can BET this will be front-loaded with Democrat operatives, pretending to be "Independents", just like CNN did to the Obama McCain debate in 2008.

Candy Crowely has surely gotten her Dead-Horse-head-in-the-bed message from the Chicago mob by now.
berniemom2012  (OP)
Deplorable CatRWall

United States
10/08/2012 11:32 PM
Report Abusive Post

You can BET this will be front-loaded with Democrat operatives, pretending to be "Independents", just like CNN did to the Obama McCain debate in 2008.

Candy Crowely has surely gotten her Dead-Horse-head-in-the-bed message from the Chicago mob by now.

I think Crowley has always been in the tank for Obama. She said plenty of hateful things about Hillary Clinton back in 2008.
berniemom2012  (OP)
Deplorable CatRWall

United States
10/08/2012 11:40 PM
Report Abusive Post

Not sure what "town hall" format means. The audience asks the questions? Candidates get to roam around and wave their arms? Longer speaking times per guy? Or ... What?

Any case, I'm expecting Obama to go all folksy and "aw shucks" whenever possible. Like with that stupid joke he tried to make after the last debate, about a different Romney showing up. That crap is Reagan, pure classic Reagan.

He'll also have a page full of zingers ranging from humorous/folksy to morally-outraged to be delivered at (he hopes) appropriate moments.

Who knows, maybe he'll go full retard with the "I have a dream" schtick.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25184563
United States
10/08/2012 11:40 PM
Report Abusive Post

Except this isn't freakshow McCain but Romney. Think of a debate at a shareholder meeting between these two guys and their visions for the direction of the company. Obama has to defend what's happened under his watch and defend his record of do nothing.

Quips and polished, emotionally-tailored slogans aren't going to cut it this time around. Obama's operatives in audience can cheer all they want for their messiah; But when faced with the facts - and that's what matters when those facts can be deliverered by the right person who knows wht they are saying - Obama and his bots will be shut up quickly. Throw in the television audience and their overall perception of the exchanges likely to take place, the reality is that Obama is pretty much finished and he knows it.

Here's Romney at a townhall a few months ago. It's not a debate - but think Obama can hang with this guy?

berniemom2012  (OP)
Deplorable CatRWall

United States
10/08/2012 11:55 PM
Report Abusive Post

Except this isn't freakshow McCain but Romney. Think of a debate at a shareholder meeting between these two guys and their visions for the direction of the company. Obama has to defend what's happened under his watch and defend his record of do nothing.

Quips and polished, emotionally-tailored slogans aren't going to cut it this time around. Obama's operatives in audience can cheer all they want for their messiah; But when faced with the facts - and that's what matters when those facts can be deliverered by the right person who knows wht they are saying - Obama and his bots will be shut up quickly. Throw in the television audience and their overall perception of the exchanges likely to take place, the reality is that Obama is pretty much finished and he knows it.

Here's Romney at a townhall a few months ago. It's not a debate - but think Obama can hang with this guy?

What is it about a man with crisp rolled-up sleeves? Romney is def not my type, and yet ...

GLP