Chris Rock Lambastes Mormons

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25173954
United States
10/09/2012 03:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Chris Rock Lambastes Mormons
Check out Chris Rock on Jimmy Fallon. Rock is in awe that the Mormon faith has doctrines in the Book of Mormon (they don't use the Bible) describes that persons with dark skin suffered the "Curse of Cain". The Mormons invented a race of people called Laminites, and lay claim this race was indigenous to the Americas & Polynesian people.

FYI, the entire region of the Polynesian Islands were infiltrated by Mormon missionaries who successfully converted islanders from Christianity to Mormonism; Congan, Tongan, and Polynesians are very prevelant here in the states, despite being labeled as people punished with dark skin by Cain. See "The Curse of Cain".

Historians & archeologists have dispelled the radical and unfactual historical claims in the Book of Mormon. This is but one example of the blatant discrimination against all people of color. Women also were not allowed status or authority in the Mormon Church only a few decades ago.

No matter how you feel about Chris Rock, he spoke the fundemental truth. Don't let the passive manner of the Mormon people fool you, they don't value your opinion, and NEVER enter philosophical discussions about their religion.

[link to m.newsbusters.org]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13793160
Australia
10/09/2012 03:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Chris Rock Lambastes Mormons
anyone who doesn't crack up laughing when confronted by one has a problem.

surely the bloke who started it was in shock anyone listened.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/09/2012 03:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
Maybe all of those wives he had drove him crazy?!
Is Mitt Romney an acceptable candidate since we know he is very active in the Mormon Church; he tithed 17 BILLION to the Mormon Church just in the last 2 years? I think not, and I can only hope my fellow Americans see past the "Dog and Pony Show". Make no mistake, an integral part of the faith is exclusion for the non-Mormon; you can't walk into a Mormon Temple unless you are temple-worthy, and that's another bizzare and convoluted story...
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/09/2012 03:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Oops, that should have been millions from Mitt; billion is the entire church.

Billions of tax free money each year, and lets just say philanthropy isn't the draw...think about it
anonanon
User ID: 4148733
United States
10/09/2012 04:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Sure, the Smith guy that started the Mormon religion was quite strange and his concepts show that.

Like all relgions, some sects are today crazier than others. Consider some of the other Christian sects like the snake handlers or the ones who just can't wait for the end of the world - nevermind that they wouldn't survive it.

However, Mormons are Christians and are dedicated to their faith. Also, the racism of their past practices are in the past for most mainstream Mormons.

Some of their values such as hard work and self-sufficiency are sorely needed in our country and in our government today.

If they could only get past the no-dancing thing.

Anyway, Chris Rock has a real hate on for most white people even tho they have made him a millionaire many times over.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22735228
United States
10/10/2012 08:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
Sure, the Smith guy that started the Mormon religion was quite strange and his concepts show that.

Like all relgions, some sects are today crazier than others. Consider some of the other Christian sects like the snake handlers or the ones who just can't wait for the end of the world - nevermind that they wouldn't survive it.

However, Mormons are Christians and are dedicated to their faith. Also, the racism of their past practices are in the past for most mainstream Mormons.

Some of their values such as hard work and self-sufficiency are sorely needed in our country and in our government today.

If they could only get past the no-dancing thing.

Anyway, Chris Rock has a real hate on for most white people even tho they have made him a millionaire many times over.
 Quoting: anonanon 4148733

No dancing? We had dances all the time. Those, temple trips and firesides were the primary way the stake youth were able to get together. All other activities were ward or branch based...
AmericanJedi

User ID: 1503533
United States
10/10/2012 08:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm no fan of the Mormon faith, in fact, I think it's a little absurd. That said, Chris Rock isn't funny. He's a garish, banal plebeian who lacks the capacity to make people laugh without going for the shock joke.

In that way he is like Sarah Silverman, another lowest common denominator comic that does nothing but shoot for boorish vulgarity.

Furthermore, give me Patton Oswalt, I don't agree with his politics, but he makes me laugh and does it with some style.

Not just "Gonna BLAH BLAH! YELL YELL YELL! Gonna Blah!"

(GLP aka American Jedi)

Listen here you beautiful bitch, I'm about to fuck you up with some truth.
Kenny Powers

If you steal the dreams of others long enough, sooner or later you'll end up in a nightmare.
American Jedi

Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.
Albert Einstein

Satis Eloquentiae, Sapientiae Parum....

"The last of the old?"

"No, the first of the new."

GLP