Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,124 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 532,631
Pageviews Today: 939,290Threads Today: 463Posts Today: 7,144
10:37 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Church goers challenge )))))) Religious Thread.))How educated are you on who you vote for??Not an endorsement thread

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16845676
United States
10/09/2012 10:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Church goers challenge )))))) Religious Thread.))How educated are you on who you vote for??Not an endorsement thread
History was made when President Obama was elected, and history will be made if Romney is elected, I am not endorsing either one in this post.
The challenge is this, if you are going to vote for Romney and you have never gone to a service of the Church of Mormons , GO BEFORE YOU VOTE. Voting for a person to lead our country is one of the most important things we do and it is so hard to really know that person as we know.

I have been in almost every Denomination of Church there is, except, Latter Day. I studied the history , went to Salt Lake, but my spirit was uncomfortable with that practice.

Just like in marriage , when you marry someone you also marry their family, when you vote for someone it is not just a person , but their family, their beliefs and this is huge.

By going you will feel good or at least some what educated about your vote, there is lot of ugliness in politics and I have seen where most of you feel a uneducated person should not vote, so how educated are you, that are casting those stones.

God Bless

If this challenge angers you , please tell me whyhf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2402379
United States
10/09/2012 10:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Church goers challenge )))))) Religious Thread.))How educated are you on who you vote for??Not an endorsement thread
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4727082
United States
10/09/2012 10:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Church goers challenge )))))) Religious Thread.))How educated are you on who you vote for??Not an endorsement thread
:Harrelson:
:lesseroftwoevils:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24513996
United States
10/09/2012 10:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
BETTER than a KNOWN illegal alien, FRAUD, LIAR and Muslim !
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/09/2012 10:32 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2402379

Oh my, thanks
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10401141
United States
10/09/2012 10:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
I lived in Salt Lake City and ran a business there.

I do not believe what the Mormons believe, but the one thing I learned there is that they are in general good, honest, hard working people.

The one thing that stands out to me now that I live in south Florida is the honesty part.

With a Mormon, a handshake deal was as good as a ten page written contract, whereas here, a ten page written contract won't even do.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/09/2012 10:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
:Harrelson:
:lesseroftwoevils:
 Quoting: Boudicca

Yes a very broken system we haveabduct
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/09/2012 10:38 AM
Report Abusive Post

I do not believe what the Mormons believe, but the one thing I learned there is that they are in general good, honest, hard working people.

The one thing that stands out to me now that I live in south Florida is the honesty part.

With a Mormon, a handshake deal was as good as a ten page written contract, whereas here, a ten page written contract won't even do.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10401141

See, I am trying to understand this train of thought "I do not believe what the Mormons believe, but "
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 160638
United States
10/09/2012 10:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm not Morman but in this election I will choose a Mormon over a Muslim.

At least the Morman does not deny what his religious background is.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/09/2012 10:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm not Morman but in this election I will choose a Mormon over a Muslim.

At least the Morman does not deny what his religious background is.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 160638

See this thread is already losing it's purpose , this was a challenge to attend the church that will rule the country, not one reply to this yet????
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18401048
United States
10/09/2012 10:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
i am kind of surprised that the obama campaign hasnt played the mormon card already
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24950728
United States
10/09/2012 10:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
History was made when President Obama was elected, and history will be made if Romney is elected, I am not endorsing either one in this post.
The challenge is this, if you are going to vote for Romney and you have never gone to a service of the Church of Mormons , GO BEFORE YOU VOTE. Voting for a person to lead our country is one of the most important things we do and it is so hard to really know that person as we know.

I have been in almost every Denomination of Church there is, except, Latter Day. I studied the history , went to Salt Lake, but my spirit was uncomfortable with that practice.

Just like in marriage , when you marry someone you also marry their family, when you vote for someone it is not just a person , but their family, their beliefs and this is huge.

By going you will feel good or at least some what educated about your vote, there is lot of ugliness in politics and I have seen where most of you feel a uneducated person should not vote, so how educated are you, that are casting those stones.

God Bless

Quoting: Goofy for God

Yes , it angers me...

Why you not tell people to also go to Obama's 'Church' of racists and Muslims?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21903530
Canada
10/09/2012 10:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
OP, you say you have been in many different denominations.

Mormonism is not a Christian denomination. It is not even Christian because it has its own Bible, and its own teachings attributed to its own made up version of God and the Messiah.

Mormonism is not even in the Judaeo/Christian tradition.

The Bible gives many examples of Kings in Israel were expected to behave, and the protocols by which they were chosen.

Above all, these protocols were democratic. Just as the LORD enntered into a mutually voluntary covenant with Israel, the king ruled by the consent of the people.

When the people acclaimed a king, that person was first annointed by a prophet and then invited to sit on a pile of clan robes given by the clan leaders of Israel. Jesus followed this procedure, except the prophet was Magdalene, and the robes were piled on the donkey that was bred from the stock of Abraham and Moses' donkey. Jesus rode into Jerusalem with the full authority of the clans and tribes of Israel.

When a king lost the acclamation of the people, as David did when he fled Jerusalem during Absalom's revolt, he lost the power. David would not allow Avishai to kill Saul's relative who shouted insults at him as he fled. David aknowledged that his aurthority was gone.

The Mormon Jesus does not play by Gods rules for kings (See the hebrew commentaries Hilkoth haMalkim - Rules for Kings. He comes with power and vast destructive force, unelected but chosen sent from on high. He is more like a fucking American President than a benevolent king and shepherd.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/09/2012 10:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

God Bless

Yes , it angers me...

Why you not tell people to also go to Obama's 'Church' of racists and Muslims?
[/quote

I try and be fair so this is what i know
In March 2010, Obama confirmed in an exclusive interview with Today's Matt Lauer, that he and his family would not be joining a congregation in Washington. Rather, the Obamas had adopted Evergreen Chapel at Camp David as their "favorite place to worship" as a family. Obama told Lauer, "What we've decided for now is not to join a single church, and the reason is because Michelle and I have realized we are very disruptive to services." (Read more ...)

[link to christianity.about.com]

I also like Obama did not grow up with parents that did not attend church so that is why I am comfortable with most denominations
Herman The Kid

User ID: 17951882
United States
10/09/2012 10:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
i am kind of surprised that the obama campaign hasnt played the mormon card already
 Quoting: Oyster

That's a road they don't want to go down after there are numerous videos of him quoting "the holy qur'an." They then would have to defend their "beliefs" against every form of religion or thought and that is a no-win battle.
You m-m-m-muh-make me HAAA-PEEE.

Psalm 34:14 - Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.

Romans 5:8 - But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Eagle # 1
User ID: 24513996
United States
10/09/2012 10:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
I 'tried' Seven Day Adventist Church, Jewish Temple, and others in 1980, when I was searching for the 'true religion' that meshed with what the KJ version
of the bible showed me.

General result ...... They all want you IN, and then you begin to get their slant or way that is different. The rabbi just plain out and asked me if I was Jewish. I said no, I'm of the the tribe of Israel. Much scoffing, and looks of scorn. Next !

I doubt ONE visit to any church will enable one to understand their 'view' of what religion is OR, what they ACTUALLY practice.

Peace.

Eagle
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/09/2012 10:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
OP, you say you have been in many different denominations.

Mormonism is not a Christian denomination. It is not even Christian because it has its own Bible, and its own teachings attributed to its own made up version of God and the Messiah.

Mormonism is not even in the Judaeo/Christian tradition.

The Bible gives many examples of Kings in Israel were expected to behave, and the protocols by which they were chosen.

Above all, these protocols were democratic. Just as the LORD enntered into a mutually voluntary covenant with Israel, the king ruled by the consent of the people.

When the people acclaimed a king, that person was first annointed by a prophet and then invited to sit on a pile of clan robes given by the clan leaders of Israel. Jesus followed this procedure, except the prophet was Magdalene, and the robes were piled on the donkey that was bred from the stock of Abraham and Moses' donkey. Jesus rode into Jerusalem with the full authority of the clans and tribes of Israel.

When a king lost the acclamation of the people, as David did when he fled Jerusalem during Absalom's revolt, he lost the power. David would not allow Avishai to kill Saul's relative who shouted insults at him as he fled. David aknowledged that his aurthority was gone.

The Mormon Jesus does not play by Gods rules for kings (See the hebrew commentaries Hilkoth haMalkim - Rules for Kings. He comes with power and vast destructive force, unelected but chosen sent from on high. He is more like a fucking American President than a benevolent king and shepherd.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21903530

Yes I know that is why the challenge
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/09/2012 11:00 AM
Report Abusive Post

That's a road they don't want to go down after there are numerous videos of him quoting "the holy qur'an." They then would have to defend their "beliefs" against every form of religion or thought and that is a no-win battle.
 Quoting: Herman The Kid

I will repeat the thread is a challenge to go to the church you are voting for either side, simple as that
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21778280
United States
Report Abusive Post
like we really have a choice obama evil evil, or romney evil. Pick the one with the least evil
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13691415
United States
Report Abusive Post
Sorry Op, but I couldn't vote for either cadidate, even if I held my nose lol.

I believe your intentions are good, but I truly don't think our votes really count. TPTB know who they have chosen to lead us into their NWO. I stopped believing in their show that they put on through the Media that they also control.

Soon God will put an end to their demonic schemes.

:cool19:
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/09/2012 11:01 AM
Report Abusive Post

I will repeat the thread is a challenge to go to the church you are voting for either side, simple as that

people just arent going to do that OP.

especially those of us who arent religious
javierruizleon

User ID: 24810043
United States
10/09/2012 11:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thomas Hoefling

Genesis-Acts,Hebrews-Revelation to, you know who
Romans-Philemon to the Church
Mid-Acts Pauline Dispensational Right Division
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/09/2012 11:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
Sorry Op, but I couldn't vote for either cadidate, even if I held my nose lol.

I believe your intentions are good, but I truly don't think our votes really count. TPTB know who they have chosen to lead us into their NWO. I stopped believing in their show that they put on through the Media that they also control.

Soon God will put an end to their demonic schemes.

:cool19:
 Quoting: Troubled Waters...

"Soon God will put an end to their demonic schemes. "
Yes time is speeding up
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/09/2012 11:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thomas Hoefling

Quoting: javierruizleon

spock
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/09/2012 11:19 AM
Report Abusive Post

I see that verysad
I had to try
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25244486
United States
10/09/2012 11:21 AM
Report Abusive Post

I appreciate the honesty of this thread.

I want to share my experience with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

My Mother received a copy of the Book of Mormon when she was in her early thirties from a friend. She took some time and read the book. At one point it just settled into her heart, she felt strongly no one man was smart enough to write this book. She was struck that it WAS scripture.

We lived with my Grandparents at the time, the very mention of the church would send a quick BITTERNESS through my Grandmother. Grandmother was not any religion nor spiritual, why the bitterness?

After a a year or so we moved, the missionaries knocked on our door and to their astonishment we welcomed them inside.

Those Missionaries forever changed me. They taught us how to pray, for the first time EVER my family prayed out loud together. I heard my parents express love in ways never before experienced. My parents gave up things like alcohol, coffee and rated R movies. We were VERY happy.

I have had a Bishop litterely save me from a life path of destruction. After getting married in the Temple, I have had another Bishop litterely save my marriage.

While visiting a Temple I was told through a small voice of an unseen Angel that I wanted to have another Child. That Child as been a special spirit beyond my description.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints has been my vehicle to serve others, the scriptures both Bibile and Book of Mormon create humility in me and a greater love and closeness to my father in heaven.

Don't be like this man on the video, or like my bitter Grandma, learn more.

The Savior truly visited his other sheep, and they recorded his teachings. They are precious to my soul.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/09/2012 11:23 AM
Report Abusive Post

I see that verysad
I had to try

it was/is worth a try. but dont expect related posts right away. it is not like people jumped in their car and went to a church/mosque within the time this thread has been alive.

but people like me wont do it because we believe religion shouldnt be mixed with government so we wont like what we see no matter which we decided to attend.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/09/2012 11:24 AM
Report Abusive Post

I appreciate the honesty of this thread.

I want to share my experience with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

My Mother received a copy of the Book of Mormon when she was in her early thirties from a friend. She took some time and read the book. At one point it just settled into her heart, she felt strongly no one man was smart enough to write this book. She was struck that it WAS scripture.

We lived with my Grandparents at the time, the very mention of the church would send a quick BITTERNESS through my Grandmother. Grandmother was not any religion nor spiritual, why the bitterness?

After a a year or so we moved, the missionaries knocked on our door and to their astonishment we welcomed them inside.

Those Missionaries forever changed me. They taught us how to pray, for the first time EVER my family prayed out loud together. I heard my parents express love in ways never before experienced. My parents gave up things like alcohol, coffee and rated R movies. We were VERY happy.

I have had a Bishop litterely save me from a life path of destruction. After getting married in the Temple, I have had another Bishop litterely save my marriage.

While visiting a Temple I was told through a small voice of an unseen Angel that I wanted to have another Child. That Child as been a special spirit beyond my description.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints has been my vehicle to serve others, the scriptures both Bibile and Book of Mormon create humility in me and a greater love and closeness to my father in heaven.

Don't be like this man on the video, or like my bitter Grandma, learn more.

The Savior truly visited his other sheep, and they recorded his teachings. They are precious to my soul.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25244486

Thanks for sharing AChf
AmericanJedi

User ID: 1503533
United States
10/09/2012 11:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
My maternal grandmother, Catholic. My paternal grandmother, Holiness. My maternal great grandmother, Jewish, married a Baptist.

I was raised in a multi-religious family. I consider myself a deist with a leaning toward some sort of neo-pagan. I hold a degree in Chemistry with an emphasis in biochemistry and a minor in physics.

I am pursuing graduate studies in engineering and was educated in the classics by my mother. She used a set of the Harvard Classics and the Britannica Great Books to educate all of her children.

I speak, write, and read Latin and Ancient Greek. I've read the Torah, Talmud, Koran. I have read King James, Gideon, Hebrew and Greek Bibles as well the Hindu 'Bible' the Bhagavadga;, and selected works of Taoism and Buddha.

I have had trouble embracing atheism mostly because it's trite and self-centered.

I am well versed in religion and science. I am not voting. That said, my politics is conservative Constitutionalism with some libertarian ideas.

If I were forced to vote, I would vote Romney---the devil you know---Mormon versus the devil; you don't.

Last Edited by Mad Scientist (aka AmJedi) on 10/09/2012 11:30 AM
(GLP aka American Jedi)

Listen here you beautiful bitch, I'm about to fuck you up with some truth.
Kenny Powers

If you steal the dreams of others long enough, sooner or later you'll end up in a nightmare.
American Jedi

Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.
Albert Einstein

Satis Eloquentiae, Sapientiae Parum....

"The last of the old?"

"No, the first of the new."
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14363138
Indonesia
10/09/2012 11:25 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10401141

See, I am trying to understand this train of thought "I do not believe what the Mormons believe, but "

No, you were'nt trying to understand that train of thought, you've made up your mind about Mormon Church by saying your spirit's uncomfortable with their practice. Perhaps your "spirit" are more comfortable with Jeremiah Wright church? Please tell.

Sitting in Mormon church is not necessarily needed to judge the 'trees'. Ye shall know them by their fruits. (Matthew 7:16) Every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. (Matthew 7:17)
The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance. (Gal 5:22-23)

What kind of tree bring forth goodness, honesty, and hardwork?

Why kind of tree bring forth LIES and SMEARS?
javierruizleon

User ID: 24810043
United States
10/09/2012 11:27 AM
Report Abusive Post

After Jesus taught the Apostles and died, the church spread throughout the eastern world, plenty of evidence for that. When the americas were discovered there were no signs of Jesus teaching.
Genesis-Acts,Hebrews-Revelation to, you know who
Romans-Philemon to the Church
Mid-Acts Pauline Dispensational Right Division

GLP