User ID: 10750949
United States
10/09/2012 11:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Catholic Church says, "Path To Heaven means pay them TAXES"
The whole system changed under the New Covenant. Notice what happened:

Jesus said the temple would be utterly destroyed

"And, coming out, Jesus sent from the sanctuary. And His disciples approached to exhibit to Him the buildings of the sanctuary. Yet He, answering, said to them, 'Are you not observing all these? Verily, I am saying to you, Under no circumstances may a stone here be left on a stone, which shall not be DEMOLISHED.’" (Matt. 24:1-2).

Under the New Covenant, God does not dwell in temples made with hands,

"The God Who makes the world and all that is in it, He, the Lord inherent of heaven and earth, is NOT dwelling in temples made by hands..." (Acts 17:24).

The true believers under the New Covenant are now God’s temple,

"For YOU ARE THE TEMPLE OF THE LIVING GOD, according as God said, that I will be making My home and will be walking in them, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people" (II Cor. 6:16).

See also, (I Cor. 3:15 and I Cor. 1:19).

All theologians know that when the temple ceased, the priesthood officiating at the temple CEASED!

Each individual believer under the New Covenant forms a NEW priesthood,

"Yet you are a chosen race, a ‘ROYAL PRIESTHOOD’..." (I Peter 2:9).

How then, under the New Covenant, does a believer give a tenth, when he is supposed to give his all (Rom. 12:1), to a priesthood that does not exist, but now he himself is part of a priesthood (I Peter 2:9), at a temple that does not exist (Mat. 24:1-2), but rather he himself is the temple wherein God dwells?

No longer do we have priests with spiritual infirmities interceding for us, but rather we have Christ Jesus as our perfect intercessor and High Priest seated at the right hand of the Majesty in the heavens (Heb. 7:28-8:1).
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25267920
United States
10/10/2012 12:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
i'm sure all of you ant-catholics will be happy to see islam replace catholicism as a major force in europe.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16800654

I am not anti-Catholic

I am anti-religion

Muhammad can go to hell too

who says religion has to be
replaced with anything.

I'd rather it be replaced
with nothing, rather than
more lies
KK
User ID: 25301656
Australia
10/10/2012 08:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
Germans have paid church taxes since or even before WW2. I myself have lived and worked in Germany and paid said taxes through direct deposit, (It was taken out of my check every month).

I think many Catholic Germans are not opposed to the tax itself, I think the hard economic times make them balk at the amount of taxes that are being taken. Germany is one of the most heavily taxed countries in Europe, if not the world. They even have Radio & TV taxes, car taxes, pet taxes (yes you even have to pay taxes for fido, felix and tweety).

Let's say you don't own a radio or television in your home, you still have to pay Radio & TV taxes if you have a radio in your car (besides the car tax). So yes, I can understand the anger. It isn't like here in the States where people give what they can afford to give at services.
 Quoting: Mr. D 4603964

Yeah, I think you're right. Time to tax the mega transnational corporations for their use of the world's resources, instead of citizens.
 Quoting: KK 23870991

I agree, totally. They will still try to worm their way out of it by using Tax loop holes or passing it on to the consumer making everything more expensive. Laws have to be modified to prevent that.
 Quoting: Mr. D 4603964

Agreed again!

It is entirely possible to pass laws preventing the mega corporations from passing on the costs of an extra global tax. Imagine how many problems would get solved by this money! Africa for starters.
Dried Up Hag

User ID: 1443836
United States
10/10/2012 08:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
The whole system changed under the New Covenant. Notice what happened:

Jesus said the temple would be utterly destroyed

"And, coming out, Jesus sent from the sanctuary. And His disciples approached to exhibit to Him the buildings of the sanctuary. Yet He, answering, said to them, 'Are you not observing all these? Verily, I am saying to you, Under no circumstances may a stone here be left on a stone, which shall not be DEMOLISHED.’" (Matt. 24:1-2).

Under the New Covenant, God does not dwell in temples made with hands,

"The God Who makes the world and all that is in it, He, the Lord inherent of heaven and earth, is NOT dwelling in temples made by hands..." (Acts 17:24).

The true believers under the New Covenant are now God’s temple,

"For YOU ARE THE TEMPLE OF THE LIVING GOD, according as God said, that I will be making My home and will be walking in them, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people" (II Cor. 6:16).

See also, (I Cor. 3:15 and I Cor. 1:19).

All theologians know that when the temple ceased, the priesthood officiating at the temple CEASED!

Each individual believer under the New Covenant forms a NEW priesthood,

"Yet you are a chosen race, a ‘ROYAL PRIESTHOOD’..." (I Peter 2:9).

How then, under the New Covenant, does a believer give a tenth, when he is supposed to give his all (Rom. 12:1), to a priesthood that does not exist, but now he himself is part of a priesthood (I Peter 2:9), at a temple that does not exist (Mat. 24:1-2), but rather he himself is the temple wherein God dwells?

No longer do we have priests with spiritual infirmities interceding for us, but rather we have Christ Jesus as our perfect intercessor and High Priest seated at the right hand of the Majesty in the heavens (Heb. 7:28-8:1).
 Quoting: Newheart

hf

GLP