I'm sometimes best not leaving the image in my head lol
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5314341
United States
10/10/2012 06:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Parents Sue Dr. after Baby's Head cut off during birth
This is why we didn't need tort reform as part of health care reform law, whether or not you agreed with it in principle. The insurance companies and doctors already have the system far more behind them and it's much more difficult for the party with the least power and resources to successfully attempt to make themselves whole without a bunch more laws limiting the caps of rewards in court and such. Not that there aren't those that abuse the justice system at our common expense, but if you compared that to the use of the justice system to settle petty squabbles over patents they use far more justice system resources without it being a problem, all paid for by taxpayers. Corporate involvement in lawsuits over a certain amount should be paid for by them and leave the justice system for the people to settle their disputes. The simple way would be for a brand new state corporate court for every state and corporate federal courts that mirror the current federal system. If it's a corporate plaintiff it can only take other corps to the venue, it cannot sue private citizens there. It's pay to play. You must pay an ongoing fee for your case to be heard which will dissuade the dragging on the case in court strategies in a lot of cases and produce a settlement.

sorry for the court diatribe here that is semi off topic, but the justice system has some real bad flaws which this set off in my head.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17032261
United Kingdom
10/10/2012 07:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Naw I ain't blaming the doctors here I am blaming the parents for putting their trust in doctors to do something that anyone can do and that humans have been doing for thousands of years, I do feel sorry for them but what else do you expect from a greco roman society stuff like this happens every day.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21405467

Stupid. My baby would have died had it not been for doctors and modern medicine. There is a time and place but no place for gross negligence.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25279688

My little boy was born seriously ill and thanks to modern medicine is a happy healthy 9 year old.....I didn't have a choice as he was diagnosed with meningitis at birth......
Reelman

User ID: 16120994
United States
10/10/2012 07:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
it was dr. moore and dr. webb in st. louis. Dr. Moore is an excellent doctor, and has even starred on baby shows on TLC in the past. She delivered my younger brother and sister. The Dr. Webb whom im unfamilliar with is the one who made the error and severed the babys head.

The doctor refused to do as the patient wanted and do what was needed in this situation so the Doctor deserves to be sued and I personally hope she ends up owning this doctors house, practice, and all of his money. and that still wouldnt account for her loss.
What are the facts?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23934952
United States
10/10/2012 07:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
i think this story is bullshit.... it smells fishy and you wait almost a year to file a suit in which your baby was decapitated?? please tell me I am not alone on this. bsflag
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24123950
Canada
10/10/2012 07:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Naw I ain't blaming the doctors here I am blaming the parents for putting their trust in doctors to do something that anyone can do and that humans have been doing for thousands of years, I do feel sorry for them but what else do you expect from a greco roman society stuff like this happens every day.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21405467

Funny, that'w what my wife and I said too right up until the point when we discovered that our baby who was already 2.5 weeks late was trapped inside of her due to the shape of my wife's pelvis.

[link to www.spinningbabies.com]

Please, educate yourself before judging.
Nonya
User ID: 25202128
United States
10/10/2012 07:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
I am prolife, and I am opposed to invitro fertilization. Many of us are.
Lady Jane SmithModerator
Forum Administrator

User ID: 19147018
United States
10/10/2012 07:39 AM

Report Abusive Post
verysad
Fate whispers to the warrior

"You cannot withstand the storm"

the warrior whispers back

"I am the storm"

INTJ-A

Killer Bunny
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3960495
United States
10/10/2012 08:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well that was depressing.
 Quoting: Mister Obvious

Yes it was.

Now its time to sue because God forbid this family honestly grieves. NO, there also has to be a pay day at the end of the tunnel.

Pathetic
FatalW1shes

User ID: 18009481
United States
10/10/2012 08:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
So he put the head back on, hid the mess with gauze and then gave it back to the parents.

There is so much WTF in this story I don't even know where to start.
Meggarea

User ID: 1585244
United States
10/10/2012 08:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
i think this story is bullshit.... it smells fishy and you wait almost a year to file a suit in which your baby was decapitated?? please tell me I am not alone on this. bsflag
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23934952

Grief does weird things to people.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20472911
United States
10/10/2012 08:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
gives new meaning to the old children saying

"Mamma had a baby and her head popped off"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 300884
Sweden
10/10/2012 08:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
No, she wasn't having an abortion, and apparently birth decapitations are not that uncommon.

[link to www.azcentral.com]

I have always wondered why the right wing prolifers do not oppose in-vitro fertilization, after all, it's not god's will.

I feel pretty sorry for everyone in this scenario, including the Dr. Not sure why he didn't go ahead with the planned c-section, but docs get accused of doing them unnecessarily all the time.
 Quoting: Let Freedom Ring

the problem with IVF is that its only usually needed when the egg and sperm wont mix naturally.

natures way of aborting incompatible parents was bypassed, ended up in a life threatening deformation.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25255693

This.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20472911
United States
10/10/2012 08:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1405546
United States
10/10/2012 08:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
No, she wasn't having an abortion, and apparently birth decapitations are not that uncommon.

[link to www.azcentral.com]

I have always wondered why the right wing prolifers do not oppose in-vitro fertilization, after all, it's not god's will.

I feel pretty sorry for everyone in this scenario, including the Dr. Not sure why he didn't go ahead with the planned c-section, but docs get accused of doing them unnecessarily all the time.
 Quoting: Let Freedom Ring

the problem with IVF is that its only usually needed when the egg and sperm wont mix naturally.

natures way of aborting incompatible parents was bypassed, ended up in a life threatening deformation.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25255693

+1. besides, we don't know if other higher systems are bypassed like parent to fetal root memory exchange or endorphine level balance.

GLP