User ID: 23715861
Japan
10/10/2012 08:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Top 10 Worst Countries To Travel
Why isn't Mexico on the lisp?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 760472

Mexico very good plaze. You szuld go there.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25300627

No dzangerous

They have good Pharmacies,
every Problem have a pharmalogical Solution!
G.Y.!B.E.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 760472
Canada
10/10/2012 08:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
Why isn't Mexico on the lisp?

No dzangerous

Quoting: the mighty Atom

It's a war zone
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4428411
United States
10/10/2012 08:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think north korea one of the most save country for turist.
I can tell you are really save there, they will
watch you 24/7. we have some me travel agency( [link to www.olympia.fi (secure)] if you wanna go there and thats take only normal visa if you are not from some
violance country like usa...
 Quoting: mikki 21609426

criscokim
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25302335
United States
10/10/2012 08:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
I have no plans to visit any of those shitholes.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
10/10/2012 08:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25302335

Avoid the Van Allen bands of death!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22820077
United Kingdom
10/10/2012 08:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
not a bad list

the inclusion of poland makes me laugh though, kind of stands out amongst all the usual suspects, but it really does give the impression of dreary. eastern europe in general gives the impression of a mishmash of indistinguishable and bleak countries though. doesnt appeal to me anyway

ive been to jamaica and my experience was good actually. nice people on the whole - and noticeably smiley, considering their lot. just got to be judicious about where you go. its a very beautiful country (unlike grand cayman where i lived for a few years, which was 'safe' but incredibly boring and flat, not so safe these days though)

ive been to dubai and agree, not much in the way of natural beauty. lots of soulless and empty-looking skyscrapers. traffic jams consisting of nothing but cruising gold-plated 4x4s

pretty restrictive obviously, but you can drink booze in your hotel and the people seemed reserved but friendly.

no fear of crime - saw the locals in their partially-hidden jimmy choos and designer handbags left largely unattended whilst they went to fetch their starbucks

wouldnt bother going back though and cant for the life of me understand why people go back year after year

this list sure makes me appreciate the country i was born in and live in!
Thor's Hamster

User ID: 1248699
United States
10/10/2012 08:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25302335

Avoid the Van Allen bands of death!

lmao
Apollo astronauts couldn't have passed through Van Allen's Belt. Van Allen wore suspenders.
Thor's Hamster

United States
10/10/2012 08:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
not a bad list

the inclusion of poland makes me laugh though, kind of stands out amongst all the usual suspects, but it really does give the impression of dreary. eastern europe in general gives the impression of a mishmash of indistinguishable and bleak countries though. doesnt appeal to me anyway

ive been to jamaica and my experience was good actually. nice people on the whole - and noticeably smiley, considering their lot. just got to be judicious about where you go. its a very beautiful country (unlike grand cayman where i lived for a few years, which was 'safe' but incredibly boring and flat, not so safe these days though)

ive been to dubai and agree, not much in the way of natural beauty. lots of soulless and empty-looking skyscrapers. traffic jams consisting of nothing but cruising gold-plated 4x4s

pretty restrictive obviously, but you can drink booze in your hotel and the people seemed reserved but friendly.

no fear of crime - saw the locals in their partially-hidden jimmy choos and designer handbags left largely unattended whilst they went to fetch their starbucks

wouldnt bother going back though and cant for the life of me understand why people go back year after year

this list sure makes me appreciate the country i was born in and live in!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22820077

I can't agree with you more about Dubai. It's okay. But ya, one time is enough to experience it. The word that comes to mind is STERILE. No history, no culture, no nice landscape (although the color of the Persian Gulf just off the coast is really cool). But ya, just an artificial "Las Vegas" erected on a patch of desert along the coast. And the people that you see outdoors as you drive around are usually Pakistani and Indonesian laborers. All the emirates (arabs living in the United Arab Emirates) are indoors shopping lol. Strange place. There are some good nightclubs, with women from all over the world. Oh man!!! It's almost worth just going for that. Also, outside of Dubai about 45 miles is a really nice resort with "tents"...but it's a 5 star resort. No, I didn't stay there, but I saw an ad. Looked really nice. Of course, unbelievably expensive. Emirates Airlines is good, too. They have western pilots, and an international flight crew of BEAUTIFUL women from around the world. Usually on each flight, 6 or 7 different languages are spoken by the combined flight attendants. Dubai is sort of a good base from which to go forth to other countries in the region. It's safe, has a western feel, and makes for a good "base". But very expensive.

Ya, travel is great to expand your horizons, but then it also makes you thankful for where you live.
Apollo astronauts couldn't have passed through Van Allen's Belt. Van Allen wore suspenders.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25304181
India
10/10/2012 09:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
Saudi:
At the airport check in they went through my personal diaries.
They asked me to tear up some pics of Madonna in pop garb.
A pic of my girlfriend wearing shorts.
Also a couple of magazines containing bikini pics.
All the buildings are ALIKE. Meaning that goddamed ARCH. No creativity no design, no variety anywhere. Its all arches and black ghoul women.
The islamic arch EVERYWHERE. IT psyches you out.
Everything here is geared for mind-control.
You want to see how fascism really looks, go here.
Maybe the devil did win out on some poor planet somewhere , and DID convert that whole planet into an islamic hell hole, but if you go here, you get an idea how that timeline future will look like here on Earth.
Within two months they made me terrified to look at girls.
You can go to jail if you so much as look at women. Loving religion? Lol.
Within a year I was a pale shadow of myself.
They had washed my mind, full and complete.
Took me ten years to de-program and de-traumatize myself.
That was how I came to know Islam thoroughly well.
There isn't a peaceful side to it. Its just a sham, the forces lie in the dark , teeths showing, while the 'freindly ' people outside lure you in. Its a giant demon creature. Whether it Morrocco, Turkey, Malaysia, Brunei, Maldives, ....all same. Hydra in disguise.
Be afraid . This is not a demon you should take lightly.

Dubai:
Soulless, like the poster above mentioned.
Islam , no matter where it goes, it creates a soulless, lifeless environment. At first I thought that this soullessness actually was good and maybe if you adhered to Islam you would find some good stuff deep in. But no, its soulless down there.
And darrrrrkk.
ANd there is something else there too.
Forboding, menacing, and licking its lips.
Hate Dubai to the core. Will never go there.
Its nice if you are withing a shopping mall, and within your freinds circle. But suddenly you hear about the British tourist who was arrested and flogged for kissing on the beach.
The Dubai Sheikh has a facebook page.
Even if he writes "I just took a dump in the royal loo" , within a couple of minutes he gets 30,000 'likes'.
Asslicking, and greedy money based people abound.
This place is the Illuminati money dump.

Maldives:
Nice place. Island resorts. Nice freindly people. Great sea food.
But islamic.
Worth a single visit, but there are other places too. Seychelles, Mauritius, Hawaii.
Goa is pretty good too. The Indians there are geared to work with foriegn tourists. The food is simply awesome.
Goan beer, fish curry rice, and a moonlit beach is great!
Anonymous Coward
Canada
10/10/2012 09:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
New Jersey is bad, they always try to make you eat pizza!
scared verysad
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25308421
India
10/10/2012 10:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Bump.
Thor's Hamster

United States
10/10/2012 11:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Saudi:
All the buildings are ALIKE. Meaning that goddamed ARCH. No creativity no design, no variety anywhere. Its all arches and black ghoul women.
Maybe the devil did win out on some poor planet somewhere , and DID convert that whole planet into an islamic hell hole, but if you go here, you get an idea how that timeline future will look like here on Earth.
There isn't a peaceful side to it. Its just a sham, the forces lie in the dark , teeths showing, while the 'freindly ' people outside lure you in. Its a giant demon creature. Whether it Morrocco, Turkey, Malaysia, Brunei, Maldives, ....all same. Hydra in disguise.

Dubai:
Islam , no matter where it goes, it creates a soulless, lifeless environment. At first I thought that this soullessness actually was good and maybe if you adhered to Islam you would find some good stuff deep in. But no, its soulless down there.
And darrrrrkk.
Its nice if you are withing a shopping mall, and within your freinds circle. But suddenly you hear about the British tourist who was arrested and flogged for kissing on the beach.
Even if he writes "I just took a dump in the royal loo" , within a couple of minutes he gets 30,000 'likes'.

Maldives:
But islamic.
Worth a single visit, but there are other places too. Seychelles, Mauritius, Hawaii.
Goa is pretty good too. The Indians there are geared to work with foriegn tourists. The food is simply awesome.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25304181

Great post. When I flew into Riyadh a few years ago, they have ARRIVING passengers at the airport put their bags through the x-ray machine. I had a bottle of wine that I'd bought in the Beka'a Valley of Lebanon. They asked whose bag this was? I said mine. They asked for my passport and then had me follow a guy to a room where there was another guy with a sidearm sitting behind a desk doing paperwork. He didn't even look up. After a little bit, a few more Saudi military types came in and one of them spoke broken english. He was asking me what his superior was telling him to ask him. Where did I get the bottle? Why did I bring it into the country? I explained that it was a souvenir from Lebanon. (I make no excuses, though. They have laws in their country. No alcohol. I brought it in. I was wrong. And I told them that. But I was trying to salvage the wine lol). I then asked them if I could pour out the wine and keep the bottle. This struck them as particularly curious. They started looking at the bottle. Then the main guy had the translator ask me, "What's so special about this bottle?" LOL I knew this wasn't going to turn out in my favor. I told them it was a souvenir, but i knew it would fall on deaf ears (and understandably so. They were just doing their job). Also in their defense, no voices were raised, no guilt trips, no talking down to. It was pure professionalism. Anyway, long story short...I paid a $37 USD fine (the wine cost me $11 LOL), and they "wrote me up". I have a copy of my "wrong doing" or whatever they call it. It's all in arabic. It makes for a good story. They were cool, actually. Bottom line: I broke their law.
Thor's Hamster

United States
10/10/2012 11:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
Saudi:

Dubai:
And darrrrrkk.

Maldives:
But islamic.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25304181

Great post. When I flew into Riyadh a few years ago, they have ARRIVING passengers at the airport put their bags through the x-ray machine. I had a bottle of wine that I'd bought in the Beka'a Valley of Lebanon. They asked whose bag this was? I said mine. They asked for my passport and then had me follow a guy to a room where there was another guy with a sidearm sitting behind a desk doing paperwork. He didn't even look up. After a little bit, a few more Saudi military types came in and one of them spoke broken english. He was asking me what his superior was telling him to ask him. Where did I get the bottle? Why did I bring it into the country? I explained that it was a souvenir from Lebanon. (I make no excuses, though. They have laws in their country. No alcohol. I brought it in. I was wrong. And I told them that. But I was trying to salvage the wine lol). I then asked them if I could pour out the wine and keep the bottle. This struck them as particularly curious. They started looking at the bottle. Then the main guy had the translator ask me, "What's so special about this bottle?" LOL I knew this wasn't going to turn out in my favor. I told them it was a souvenir, but i knew it would fall on deaf ears (and understandably so. They were just doing their job). Also in their defense, no voices were raised, no guilt trips, no talking down to. It was pure professionalism. Anyway, long story short...I paid a $37 USD fine (the wine cost me $11 LOL), and they "wrote me up". I have a copy of my "wrong doing" or whatever they call it. It's all in arabic. It makes for a good story. They were cool, actually. Bottom line: I broke their law.
 Quoting: Thor's Hamster

And no offense to any Saudis who might read this, but Saudi Arabia is pretty sterile, too. But it's fascinating in the same way North Korea or Turkmenistan is fascinating -- it's so different. There are some Nabatean ruins (same people who built Petra in Jordan) in the west of Saudi Arabia, north of Jeddah. There's a very cool Saudi Aramco Museum in Riyadh.Tells the history of oil in Arabia, and the American ties to it. Well done museum; not just for Saudi Arabia, but it's nice even by western standards. Saw the square in Riyadh where they give "the big chop". At the center of the square, the tile groundwork sort of angles down toward a grating. That's to drain the blood. Good times! :) But as a visitor, it's not my place to judge another country. Just to observe. Women and men in Saudi Arabia had separate entrances to some restaurants. In Jeddah, which is a little more liberal, it's a little bit more "western". Also, Jedda sits along the coast of the Red Sea. I saw some Saudi families -- man, woman, and children frolicking in the surf. The women were all wrapped up in their black robes and head wraps LOL That was different.
Anonymous Coward
India
10/10/2012 11:17 AM
Report Abusive Post

Nice story.
Now they are shoving those same 'laws' down the throats of people all over the world.
According to them , you have no choice in choosing your spiritual beliefs. Islam IS the ONLY cult you should follow.They know what is right for you. Believe moham mad.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25255505
United States
10/10/2012 11:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Travel's overrated. Too much work. Plenty to see and do locally.
Thor's Hamster

United States
10/10/2012 11:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
Goa, India sounds great. You did it right. I'd like to spend a lot of time in India. Like you said, if you only have a short period of time, then you're forced into these ultra crowded, urban areas all at once. If you can take your time, you can pick and choose the best places to go at the most opportune times. Good planning on your part.
Anonymous Coward
India
10/10/2012 11:24 AM
Report Abusive Post

And no offense to any Saudis who might read this, but Saudi Arabia is pretty sterile, too. But it's fascinating in the same way North Korea or Turkmenistan is fascinating -- it's so different. There are some Nabatean ruins (same people who built Petra in Jordan) in the west of Saudi Arabia, north of Jeddah. There's a very cool Saudi Aramco Museum in Riyadh.Tells the history of oil in Arabia, and the American ties to it. Well done museum; not just for Saudi Arabia, but it's nice even by western standards. Saw the square in Riyadh where they give "the big chop". At the center of the square, the tile groundwork sort of angles down toward a grating. That's to drain the blood. Good times! :) But as a visitor, it's not my place to judge another country. Just to observe. Women and men in Saudi Arabia had separate entrances to some restaurants. In Jeddah, which is a little more liberal, it's a little bit more "western". Also, Jedda sits along the coast of the Red Sea. I saw some Saudi families -- man, woman, and children frolicking in the surf. The women were all wrapped up in their black robes and head wraps LOL That was different.

I was in Jeddah. One year of turning my brain into zilch.
Jeddah was known as the city of death. Its history is replete with daily execution and head cutting. This is what the demon that is behind islam wants. After taking over the whole world , and converting every human into muslim, it will start what it really wants: Executions. The smell of blood, the smell of raw naked horrifying fear, the daily terror of the people...aaAAHHHHHHH! Can you smell the blood ? Yummmmm....

Thing is , you saw the whole thing as a tourist.
From that pov, its nice.
Saudi is clean, all the laterst cars, Ferraris' Porsches' et al. The wine bottle is the start. Next come your freedoms, one by one they will fall. Soon you will accept fear as a constant companion. Over time the fear will numb your thinking senses. Your brain becomes mulch.
And after a few years of that , you will be living walking robot.

I saw the whole thing as an employee, working in Jeddah for a year. ANd god forbid you don't see it as a cult-memeber. If their plan to take over the whole world succeeds, this world is history.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25309431
Italy
10/10/2012 11:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
My Top 10 Worst Countries To Travel

israel
usa
uk & Occupied Territories of Ireland
Italy
South Africa
Spain
Portugal
Bangladesh
South Korea
10° France
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25175528
Mexico
10/10/2012 12:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
We eat tourists for breakfast. Naw!, just kidding. Well, I dont anyway..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25175528
Mexico
10/10/2012 12:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

No dzangerous

Quoting: the mighty Atom

It's a war zone

Not so dangerous. just drove down here, all the way south. No troubles.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24492505
Canada
10/11/2012 09:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
This video more-or-less backfired for me.

It reminded me how much I love people (Everywhere on earth). It reminded me how there is beauty in even the "ugliest" places. It showed something interesting about those countries (which are not my favorite choices to visit, but most are not "the worst").

Made me interested in people, cultures, the planet, travelling in general and not being one of those stereotypical tourists that can't take any discomfort whatsoever want everything handed to them on a silver-colored plastic platter.

GLP