"$1.82"

GeordieLegend

User ID: 4912635
Netherlands
10/10/2012 04:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: "$1.82"
In the UK our fuel is hovering around 1.50 (GBP) per litre. 3.785 litres to the US Gallon = 5.68 GBP per Gallon.

5.68 GBP = $9.09 per Gallon.
 Quoting: GeordieLegend

Doesn't that extra money you pay cover your healthcare and other taxes?
 Quoting: closing eyes

Nope, it goes towards MP's salaries, expenses, extra homes, cars and "trade missions" abroad.

...and probably cocaine, paedo-rings and satanic cults/rituals.

Money has to come from somewhere, right? That shit aint free...
Propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1236944
Qatar
10/10/2012 06:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
Bush went on tv during his presidency to try to explain the high cost of fuel prices....the networks harpooned him. Now under their beloved there are no interviews, no blaming except for blaming Bush. Crude prices in 08 where $150/barrell. They flux between $90-100 now. Why? Why the high gas prices?
No Dhimmi

User ID: 254826
United States
10/10/2012 06:39 AM

Report Abusive Post
:Gas Prices 2008:
ALL relevant scriptures that include a time factor prove no pre-trib rapture. Over 50 verses! Kindle Edition only 99 CENTS! Biblical Eschatological “Time-Stamps” Relevant to the Last Day/Days (Amazon)
SHRModerator
Forum Administrator

10/10/2012 07:08 AM

Report Abusive Post
If Obama is re elected, We'll be looking at 6-7 Dollars a gallon. He wants to bring it on par with what the Europeans are paying per gallon.
 Quoting: Tanarus

That probably wouldn't be as bad as it sounds *IF* and I can't emphasise this enough, *if* you guys where allowed access to more efficient engines.. my Ford gets 65 US MPG in the real world, I drive 90 miles to work.

I was comparing the small Ford Commercials vans (trucks) and the same vehicle (bodyshape wise) gets 22 US MPG in America compared to 37 US MPG here, quite a disparity, plus the same vehicle is $2000 cheaper here.

So I can not help but come to the conclusion that raising your fuel prices to the level of European ones without at least giving you access to more efficient engines has 2 purposes, screw you guys over at home, and screw you guys over at work.

And even *if* they do offer you access to more efficient engines it still screws over every existing vehicle owner in the country both at home and at work..

In the real world the only word I can attach to this madness of Obama does plan to go that route is it'll make America "Unworkable"
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16026864

The repukes scream bloody murder everytime the Democrats propose raising fuel efficiency standards.

1dunno1
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25263811

Probably because CAFE standards have virtually ZERO to do with actually increasing MPG by using any sort of rational or efficient engineering methods. All they do is decrease the emission limits which destroys engine effiency and then say, "You gotta make your fleet get better MPG" and now we've made you build a shittier engine by law, the only way left to do that is increase the horse power to weight ratio. That results in lightweight POS plastic bubble mobiles that Most Americans hate anyway...They are building 60 mpg engines in Europe...just like we used to...because they don't subscribe to the same retarded standards we do here...in fact, WE build many of those engines for them.

It also has resulted in more highway fatalities...but that never seems to bother the Libs as long as they think they saved a tree....

CAFE Standards have killed more people, little cute babies included, over the last 50 years than SMALL POX...and that is a FACT...so suck it Libtards...

Ooooh, see the fire is sweepin' Our very streets today...
Burns like a red coal carpet, Mad bulls lost the way...
War, children, it's just a shot away...it's just a shot away....
SHRModerator
Forum Administrator

10/10/2012 07:16 AM

Report Abusive Post
Bush went on tv during his presidency to try to explain the high cost of fuel prices....the networks harpooned him. Now under their beloved there are no interviews, no blaming except for blaming Bush. Crude prices in 08 where $150/barrell. They flux between $90-100 now. Why? Why the high gas prices?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1236944

Refining output has dropped a lot under this president due to him regulating several refineries out of business, we also cannot seem to build any new ones, because the ecotards go berserk and block every permit...we also have about 100+ different "blends" which is freakin retarded and also raises the cost...

Hey Quatar....don't you guys have oil?...maybe we will invade you and take it..."Price per barrel oil stoled from Quatar...$20 per barrel cause it only costs for shipping"...THAT might bring gas prices down to maybe $3.00 gallon...besides you'll like us invading anyway, we are really pretty cool and we'll bring some hot chicks over for USO shows and junk like that...free Ipods maybe even...it'll be great, you'll love us!

Ooooh, see the fire is sweepin' Our very streets today...
Burns like a red coal carpet, Mad bulls lost the way...
War, children, it's just a shot away...it's just a shot away....
Terpsichore

User ID: 21559870
United States
10/10/2012 07:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
you remember G. dubs bush? cuz i'm pretty sure gas prices did the same shit under him and yes they reached the same prices.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17373124

Gas was at $4.24 per gallon for regular in Florida the last year of Bush; then plummeted as soon as Obama was elected.
Serendipity
User ID: 24942595
United States
10/10/2012 07:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
If Obama is re elected, We'll be looking at 6-7 Dollars a gallon. He wants to bring it on par with what the Europeans are paying per gallon.

That probably wouldn't be as bad as it sounds *IF* and I can't emphasise this enough, *if* you guys where allowed access to more efficient engines.. my Ford gets 65 US MPG in the real world, I drive 90 miles to work.

I was comparing the small Ford Commercials vans (trucks) and the same vehicle (bodyshape wise) gets 22 US MPG in America compared to 37 US MPG here, quite a disparity, plus the same vehicle is $2000 cheaper here.

So I can not help but come to the conclusion that raising your fuel prices to the level of European ones without at least giving you access to more efficient engines has 2 purposes, screw you guys over at home, and screw you guys over at work.

And even *if* they do offer you access to more efficient engines it still screws over every existing vehicle owner in the country both at home and at work..

In the real world the only word I can attach to this madness of Obama does plan to go that route is it'll make America "Unworkable"

My ex-husband manages a fleet of work trucks. The 8 cylinder models get MUCH better gas mileage than the rest of the fleet.

When you make trucks smaller you have to have more of them to do the same work....which creates more money for government through licenses and insurance, etc. etc.

You cannot compare Britain to the US...one of our states is the size of your entire country.....we are 10,000 times bigger than you in land mass....little lorries don't cut it here.
Renegade (Me too)

User ID: 15130241
United States
10/10/2012 08:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
Fantastic video! 5*
Who is John Galt?
Terpsichore

User ID: 21559870
United States
10/10/2012 08:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.bbc.co.uk]

2 United States citizens have won the 2012 Nobel Peace Prize in Chemistry.....

So fuck off you German idiot! BTW, I am German/Austrian but a citizen of the United States. My family came here over 100 years ago legally!!!!!!!! It is the illegal immigration that has brought this country down. We tried to help all of the third world denizens and it has backfired miserably.

Analogy: It is like allowing a person who is homeless to stay at your home for a while as they get their shit together, only to come home one day and find that they robbed your house.

Last Edited by ArcanoExAngelos on 10/10/2012 08:10 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5041131
United States
10/10/2012 08:34 AM
Report Abusive Post

The repukes scream bloody murder everytime the Democrats propose raising fuel efficiency standards.

1dunno1

"repukes"! LOL!

I remember "pud" started using that term here a few years ago...I love that it stuck!

thumbs
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25164438
United States
10/10/2012 08:46 AM
Report Abusive Post

And if Romney is elected we will see 10 dollars plus per gallon thanks so much to his "4 More Wars" policy.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25164438
United States
10/10/2012 08:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
you remember G. dubs bush? cuz i'm pretty sure gas prices did the same shit under him and yes they reached the same prices.

Gas was at $4.24 per gallon for regular in Florida the last year of Bush; then plummeted as soon as Obama was elected.
 Quoting: Terpsichore

Yes and GWB's first $5 a gallon attack singlehandedly destroyed my business.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11332100
United States
10/10/2012 09:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
maybe he was paying 1.82

but I was paying over $2.50
when Bush left office.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25267920

:db6:
:ha1:
 Quoting: JimBomB

You're a strange one. This gas argument is only for average or below average intelligent people. Gas went down because at the time _________________________. Are you smart enough to fill in the blank?
UHB for short

User ID: 21156382
United States
10/10/2012 09:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Does the president really impact gas prices, or hell at this rate even the economy, it's a messed up system folks, no matter who wins we all lose. Hoping for an Apocalypse to make the election not matter.

explosion
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25230902
United States
10/10/2012 09:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
me thinks weve covered this before.....but one more time for the slow kids.crude is traded on the world market,any questions slow kids?
****SUPERFLY****

User ID: 19055858
United States
10/10/2012 09:37 AM
Report Abusive Post

REACHED IT FOR A MONTH YES! But....and a big but...OIL was 140 dollars a Barrel!! NOT in the 90's

Last Edited by ****SUPERFLY**** on 10/10/2012 09:41 AM
pinkshirtguy

User ID: 1627594
United States
10/10/2012 09:38 AM

Report Abusive Post
Listen to what Obama sais. Then 'watch' what he does... It's two completely different things.

Bad call on the pipeline. That would have helped some.another do

Expedite the Keystone pipeline and bash it through America without environmental review so the Canadians can get their oil to China?

No, Obama made the RIGHT call, as usual.

china doesn't have the refineries for that type of crude.
poyl
****SUPERFLY****

User ID: 19055858
United States
10/10/2012 09:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
me thinks weve covered this before.....but one more time for the slow kids.crude is traded on the world market,any questions slow kids?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25230902

Of the zillion things that effect gas prices....Oil has very little to do with it in the last few years...it has every thing to do with the worthless dollar!!
seeker2

User ID: 10098821
Thailand
10/10/2012 10:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Wow you americans still have people that can think for themselves and SPELL correctly? WOW

I bet hes a minority, most of you guys in here cant do this... :-)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23639139

He's if your going to put people down for spelling, the least you could do is learn to spell yourself. lol tard
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19054218
United States
10/10/2012 10:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
In the UK our fuel is hovering around 1.50 (GBP) per litre. 3.785 litres to the US Gallon = 5.68 GBP per Gallon.

5.68 GBP = $9.09 per Gallon.
 Quoting: GeordieLegend

Yeah and you drive cars that get 60mpg. We get 20-30. The only 60mpg vehicles allowed here are motorcycles.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18851138

I can get 55mpg on the highway in my diesel Passat.

Instead of bitching about gasoline prices, why not be proactive and do something YOU can control, such as what we did: bought a Prius and a Passat. Combined avg. mpg of 46. Every day.

GLP