iix
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 25172670
Australia
10/10/2012 04:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Turkey will respond more harshly if attacks continue: Chief of General Staff
Turkey is prepared to answer with more force against Syria if mortars from the Arab republic continue to hit Turkish territory, Chief of General Staff Gen. Necdet Özel told reporters today.

Speaking from the border town of Akçakale, Özel said "Turkey already responded, and will respond even stronger" if attacks continued.

"We are here, and we are standing tall," Özel said.

Özel then visited the houses of five civilians who were killed by Syrian shelling in the town on Oct. 3

source [link to www.hurriyetdailynews.com]
DoomneT

User ID: 25295660
France
10/10/2012 04:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Turkey will respond more harshly if attacks continue: Chief of General Staff
Double Post

Thread: SYRIA-TURKEY CRISIS UPDATES : Almost 150 killed as Syria truce collapses, Meanwhile US Deploys Troops & 70 Nuclear Bombs in Turkey
Powerfullinfo International News & Media Forums (join the community)
DoomneT

France
10/10/2012 04:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Turkey will respond more harshly if attacks continue: Chief of General Staff
See Also this:

Thread: Syria False Flag: Does Erdogan kill his own people ?!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25262585
Spain
10/10/2012 04:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
This is confusing. Assad said that he apologized for the mortar earlier and that he does not want war with Turkey.

The Syrian military is acting under orders from Assad, so they would not be provoking a war with Turkey.

The Syrian rebels, however, who want to overthrow Assad, would have reason to provoke Turkey in order to have the country invaded and have Assad thrown out.

Yet Turkey is acting as though it is Assad himself who is provoking them and not a few rebels on the border.

I just don't get it....am I even close to being right? Can anybody clear this up?
DoomneT

France
10/10/2012 05:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
This is confusing. Assad said that he apologized for the mortar earlier and that he does not want war with Turkey.

The Syrian military is acting under orders from Assad, so they would not be provoking a war with Turkey.

The Syrian rebels, however, who want to overthrow Assad, would have reason to provoke Turkey in order to have the country invaded and have Assad thrown out.

Yet Turkey is acting as though it is Assad himself who is provoking them and not a few rebels on the border.

I just don't get it....am I even close to being right? Can anybody clear this up?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25262585

No, Syria denies apologising to Turkey over cross-border incident
Syria has clarified that it condoled the deaths of innocent civilians in Wednesday’s cross-border mortar fire incident but had not apologised to Turkey as it was yet to ascertain the identity of those who had carried out the attack.

Syria’s permanent representative to the United Nations Security Council Bashar Al-Jafari told the El-Nashra website on Thursday that the Syrian government had not send any apology letter to the Turkish government.

[link to www.thehindu.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23105041
San Marino
10/10/2012 05:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
has it been confirmed the exchange of fire of the 9 October?
Anonymous Coward
Spain
10/10/2012 05:17 AM
Report Abusive Post

Syria has clarified that it condoled the deaths of innocent civilians in Wednesday’s cross-border mortar fire incident but had not apologised to Turkey as it was yet to ascertain the identity of those who had carried out the attack.

Syria’s permanent representative to the United Nations Security Council Bashar Al-Jafari told the El-Nashra website on Thursday that the Syrian government had not send any apology letter to the Turkish government.

Quoting: DoomneT

ok, thanks for clarifying. My question remains...who is shooting the mortars into Turkey? The Syrian military or the rebels...or just a few bored Kurds trying to stir up some shit?
iix  (OP)

Australia
10/10/2012 05:20 AM
Report Abusive Post

ok, thanks for clarifying. My question remains...who is shooting the mortars into Turkey? The Syrian military or the rebels...or just a few bored Kurds trying to stir up some shit?

the FSA brah.
Anonymous Coward
Spain
10/10/2012 05:27 AM
Report Abusive Post

the FSA brah.
 Quoting: iix

That's what I thought, it's the rebels....everybody knows it's the rebels...so why in the FUCK would Turkey wage war on Assad for some mortars that Assads own enemies are lobbing into their country to provoke them into a midirected retaliation? Turkey definetely knows who is launching the mortars, and they have to know everybody else knows, too....so why the facade?
Unless, of course, it's all orchestrated...then this question requires no answer.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9132775
France
10/10/2012 05:28 AM
Report Abusive Post

Don't forget the Turks themselves.
To give a pretext to Nato to achieve Assad.
DoomneT

User ID: 25297822
France
10/10/2012 05:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23105041

Actually we cannot confirm anyone of these mortar cross border attacks, as there is a media blackout

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24808382
United States
10/10/2012 05:48 AM
Report Abusive Post

the FSA brah.

That's what I thought, it's the rebels....everybody knows it's the rebels...so why in the FUCK would Turkey wage war on Assad for some mortars that Assads own enemies are lobbing into their country to provoke them into a midirected retaliation? Turkey definetely knows who is launching the mortars, and they have to know everybody else knows, too....so why the facade?
Unless, of course, it's all orchestrated...then this question requires no answer.

How the fuck do you know its the rebels?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23105041
San Marino
10/10/2012 05:53 AM
Report Abusive Post

Actually we cannot confirm anyone of these mortar cross border attacks, as there is a media blackout

really? why?
iix  (OP)

Australia
10/10/2012 05:57 AM
Report Abusive Post

the FSA brah.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24808382
you're mother told me late last night go figure...

in this video. show's a lot of people dying which all seem to be muslim they are not rebel or fsa they dont have any weapons or anything i think this is why the turkish PM attacked syria
iix  (OP)

Australia
10/10/2012 06:00 AM
Report Abusive Post

really? why?

its called false flag operation. attack yourself and pretending like someone else is attacking just like 9/11
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25293838
Poland
10/10/2012 06:00 AM
Report Abusive Post

the FSA brah.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24808382

Who will have the most benefit from this??? Certainly not Syria.
Idol1
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20586262
United States
10/10/2012 06:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Isn't it interesting the Turkey attacks and Turkey fighting Syria for 8 days now and no NATO! Turkey you're on your own!
Serenity777

User ID: 1129812
United States
10/10/2012 06:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
If one were to believe this article, essentially they're saying...

"If Syria keeps kicking our heads in, we're probably going to think about doing something about it one day....maybe." SO don't mess with us...scratching
-------------------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------------------------​--------------

Sounds like American propaganda to me...

Last Edited by Serenity777 on 10/10/2012 06:05 AM
watching the "run up" to the elections and the "hopes and dreams" that are built as a result is like watching a dead mouse that is still able to make his exercise wheel go around because his nerves are still twitching that familiar motion...
iix  (OP)

Australia
10/10/2012 06:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Isn't it interesting the Turkey attacks and Turkey fighting Syria for 8 days now and no NATO! Turkey you're on your own!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20586262
turkey doesn't need NATO right now. plus turkey isn't attacking its just shelling if they wanted to attack the fighter jets and tanks would of crossed the border by now. NATO helps when iran russia etc etc turn on turkey not now relax. soon
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11267415
Italy
10/10/2012 06:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Turkey Says Russia's Putin Postpones Visit to November

[link to www.bloomberg.com]

MAYBE NO E 'A GOOD SIGN!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23880197
United States
10/10/2012 09:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Turkey is prepared to answer with more force against Syria if mortars from the Arab republic continue to hit Turkish territory, Chief of General Staff Gen. Necdet Özel told reporters today.

Speaking from the border town of Akçakale, Özel said "Turkey already responded, and will respond even stronger" if attacks continued.

"We are here, and we are standing tall," Özel said.

Özel then visited the houses of five civilians who were killed by Syrian shelling in the town on Oct. 3

source [link to www.hurriyetdailynews.com]

Ah, it was General Ozel ... the Admiral must be his brother
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25301211
United States
10/10/2012 09:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
What a bunch of pre-planned gum flapping. I'm so glad we can call their bluff all over the internet on trying to start wwiii with a bunch of staged events!
****SUPERFLY****

User ID: 19055858
United States
10/10/2012 09:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
The writers are concocting a bland script so far! Let's Go PTB, you fuckers must be getting old or losing your imagination!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20586262
United States
10/10/2012 10:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20586262
turkey doesn't need NATO right now. plus turkey isn't attacking its just shelling if they wanted to attack the fighter jets and tanks would of crossed the border by now. NATO helps when iran russia etc etc turn on turkey not now relax. soon

Doooooommmmmm on!

GLP