I'm a little teapot

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27956674
United Kingdom
11/20/2012 05:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: I'm a little teapot
I'm sure once you have unsurfaced those memories. They can not be buried again. As an adult they would stay with you. Like any trauma, it as to be dealt with. The first step would be to understand that non of it was your fault....Which I'm sure is a hard thing to do :(
 Quoting: Blue Skies

Hopefully the memories don't just re-submerge. I keep a journal to help me remember lots of them. It's more like an index it has so many and I can't bother to write every single one out in detail so it's just one giant list interspersed with stories.
I'm not sure I would consider anything I was conned or forced into my fault. Maybe I did as a kid that fell for guilt trips.

Reverse engineering the programming has been interesting. It's like learning how to hack. At first it's all "I need a code to get in here, where is the key?" and staring at a wall of indecipherable text. But slowly you learn to understand the programming enough to be able to slip in a few lines of your own text. Then you learn how to divert the processes. Then you learn how to create your own. And one day you discover that as much as a programmer would have liked to make the original imprint upon you, only you can be the original imprint on yourself and there is no code needed, because you are the very thing upon which all code is written.
Kaw-Liga
User ID: 21747185
United States
11/22/2012 04:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
God I'm in an annoyingly good mood today.

So, my question to the world is, has anyone ever actually undone the damage and slipped out of the controls?
I mean, every time I watch a video of someone that claims to be a deprogrammed victim, they still seem to be lost within one control or another...like they have a clue but they haven't really stopped believing every bullshit trick.
I don't claim to be any different..I can see some of my controls rather clearly and they're still latched on. I'm just wondering if there's anything at all beyond it all.
 Quoting: The Light Under the Door

Maybe we'll be the first to slip out.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28220063
United Kingdom
11/22/2012 04:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
God I'm in an annoyingly good mood today.

So, my question to the world is, has anyone ever actually undone the damage and slipped out of the controls?
I mean, every time I watch a video of someone that claims to be a deprogrammed victim, they still seem to be lost within one control or another...like they have a clue but they haven't really stopped believing every bullshit trick.
I don't claim to be any different..I can see some of my controls rather clearly and they're still latched on. I'm just wondering if there's anything at all beyond it all.

Maybe we'll be the first to slip out.
 Quoting: Kaw-Liga 21747185

Or maybe just to face it head on.

I imagine it's always going to leave a huge mark. There is no 100% deprogramming a lifetime's worth of experiences.
Kaw-Liga
United States
11/25/2012 10:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've been doing some real work to unblock memories, even those that were made hazy or blocked by drugs.

I didn't really expect to remember surgeries though because there's a difference between getting slipped a drug in public and having it pumped in via IV at a doctor's. You kind of expect that the memories from the latter are just wiped clean.

Well, now I remember the normal surgeries (there have only been a couple) that I've ever had under "twilight anaesthesia". It turns out I'm quite the ham. It's supposed to make a person sleepy and obedient, and I was obedient and accepting enough but I would become super chatty and lay there with my head lifted up trying to watch everything the surgeon did with great interest. In one case they tried to make me stop (I think they thought I would freak out), but I kept watching and asking so many questions that the surgeon finally gave up and started explaining and showing me all the gruesome bits.

I also recover quicker from it...which I can confirm by my munching down on snack foods two minutes out of surgery to the great horror and puke-faces of all of the recovering patients around me. I am just going to judge that it was unusual based on the expressions of everyone else there.

There was one time I was put fully under to the point that a machine was breathing for me. But when I came out from under the anaesthesia (I came out happily singing a song) the surgeon and nurses were just staring at me as if they had never seen such a thing. You would think they would be used to people high from the anaesthesia..or maybe I really am a freak when it comes to how I respond to these things. Probably too much practice being under the influence of "shut up, take it, and don't remember" drugs.

I'm a bit worried about the next time I need surgery..what if I get off the table and start dancing? lol.

Running survival scenarios in your head from an early age?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28400383
United Kingdom
11/26/2012 05:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
"Running survival scenarios in your head from an early age?"

I was given the skills to... foraging, self defence, lighting a fire without matches, avoiding major influx movements (sort of like skipping out on mass collections of people by FEMA), hunting, winter camping, igloo building, urban survival, how to interact with snakes without getting bitten, etc..but aren't we all given those skills, I mean that's just basic?

I never really worried about escaping things or using the skills (most of which were buried in the memory hole anyway), I just use them when the need comes up. You can't really plan for disaster, never know what it'll be.
Kaw-Liga
United States
11/26/2012 12:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
"Running survival scenarios in your head from an early age?"

I was given the skills to... foraging, self defence, lighting a fire without matches, avoiding major influx movements (sort of like skipping out on mass collections of people by FEMA), hunting, winter camping, igloo building, urban survival, how to interact with snakes without getting bitten, etc..but aren't we all given those skills, I mean that's just basic?

I never really worried about escaping things or using the skills (most of which were buried in the memory hole anyway), I just use them when the need comes up. You can't really plan for disaster, never know what it'll be.

Self taught on most survival stuff.

GLP