Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,094 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 268,373
Pageviews Today: 435,022Threads Today: 121Posts Today: 2,509
05:12 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

The moon's crookedness is caused by our going toward the center of the galactic plane

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22569292
South Korea
10/11/2012 06:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
The moon's crookedness is caused by our going toward the center of the galactic plane
In our EU, the usual nearer and stronger EM forces of the sun keep us oriented--usually.

However as we approach galactic center, the forces there are so strong that we tilt even moreso sometimes (given whatever conditions we pass through at any given time), giving that mushroom smoking Cat like grin to the moon we witness, sometimes, even out of season.

Not to mention the polar disarray the sun is also going through not only with its own solar cycles (of which are bad enough), but--again--approaching galactic center.

These are signs of our impending pole shift.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
South Korea
10/11/2012 07:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: The moon's crookedness is caused by our going toward the center of the galactic plane
I guess the debunkers are working to try and formulate a soundingly intelligent reply to this (I hope anyway). Or they're asleep still.

My guess though is that this will be hard for them to do, because it's true. I suspect the attacks to come to being from Korea or some other sort of personal jabs.

I'll take either, though, if just to keep the good reminder out in the front, even if just momentarily. And yeah that's my only bump.

Oh and they also know that it's sometimes best to wait until the OP goes offline, instead of going toe-to-toe.

If that's the case, be sure if you post if I'm gone, doesn't mean I'll neglect coming back eventually.
Possum

User ID: 25281141
Australia
10/11/2012 07:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: The moon's crookedness is caused by our going toward the center of the galactic plane
I agree - the moon is definitely crooked!hiding
There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness.
Dalai Lama
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either.
Albert Einstein
The kingdom of God is within you and all around you. It is not within buildings of wood or stone. Split a piece of wood and you will find me. Look beneath a stone and I am there.
Stigmata
Anonymous Coward (OP)
South Korea
10/11/2012 07:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
I agree - the moon is definitely crooked!hiding
 Quoting: Possum

Thanks Possum, and it wouldn't appear to be crooked if it were also made of the same "stuff" the Earth is--namely an FE solid core.
Hydra

User ID: 25336478
Germany
10/11/2012 07:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
I guess the debunkers are working to try and formulate a soundingly intelligent reply to this (I hope anyway). Or they're asleep still.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22569292

No, the debunkers are not working to try and formulate a soundingly intelligent reply to this - because:

:ase26122019:
Annular Solar Eclipse - December 26, 2019 - Kannur, Kerala, India
Anonymous Coward (OP)
South Korea
10/11/2012 07:14 AM
Report Abusive Post

No, the debunkers are not working to try and formulate a soundingly intelligent reply to this - because:

Quoting: Hydra

If you can't formulate an intelligent reply, but resort to funnies, then I suggest you stay in your league.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1675947
United Kingdom
10/11/2012 07:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
stupthrd (Based on lack of scientific evidence)
Anonymous Coward (OP)
South Korea
10/11/2012 07:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1675947

Also predictable.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
South Korea
10/11/2012 07:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1675947

Also predictable.

And unintelligent.
Hydra

User ID: 25361518
Germany
10/11/2012 08:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
In our EU, the usual nearer and stronger EM forces of the sun keep us oriented--usually.

However as we approach galactic center, the forces there are so strong that we tilt even moreso sometimes (given whatever conditions we pass through at any given time), giving that mushroom smoking Cat like grin to the moon we witness, sometimes, even out of season.

Not to mention the polar disarray the sun is also going through not only with its own solar cycles (of which are bad enough), but--again--approaching galactic center.

Your post is based on the proposition, that our solar system will cross the galactic plane in the near future.

This proposition is simply wrong:
Our solar system crossed the galactic plane about 3 million years ago and we are now about 27 +/- 4 pc above the plane, moving further away.

[link to onlinelibrary.wiley.com]
[link to adsabs.harvard.edu]

or something more readable: [link to earthsky.org]

That's why your whole post is baseless.

If you think, I am wrong, prove me wrong.
But provide scientific papers and not the thousend times copied YouTube videos or the babble from end time webpages.

Btw: this shit was debunked countless times before - thus again:

Anonymous Coward (OP)
South Korea
10/11/2012 08:45 AM
Report Abusive Post

Your post is based on the proposition, that our solar system will cross the galactic plane in the near future.

This proposition is simply wrong:
Our solar system crossed the galactic plane about 3 million years ago and we are now about 27 +/- 4 pc above the plane, moving further away.

[link to onlinelibrary.wiley.com]
[link to adsabs.harvard.edu]

or something more readable: [link to earthsky.org]

That's why your whole post is baseless.

If you think, I am wrong, prove me wrong.
But provide scientific papers and not the thousend times copied YouTube videos or the babble from end time webpages.

Btw: this shit was debunked countless times before - thus again:

You wrongfully assume that you are provided accurate data. This is not only naive but simply put again, wrong. I have the firmest impression that you are still living in the matrix, believing everything that comes across your retina as true. Think for yourself. You'd be surprised. Or in your case, Not.
Hydra

User ID: 25361518
Germany
10/11/2012 09:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
You wrongfully assume that you are provided accurate data. This is not only naive but simply put again, wrong. I have the firmest impression that you are still living in the matrix, believing everything that comes across your retina as true. Think for yourself. You'd be surprised. Or in your case, Not.

As I said before: prove me wrong.

Since you did not, I assume you can't.

grasptheuniverse

User ID: 25420058
Australia
10/12/2012 06:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
It snowed BADLY and HEAVY here in australia today and its our spring. Its so cold we are all in jumpers with the fire going. Had a cold summer last year, a freezing winter and now our spring is freezing. I cant see us having a summer this year. We dont get any good days. The polar shift is already here.
caz
Karlos

User ID: 25420866
United Kingdom
10/12/2012 07:08 AM
Report Abusive Post

Good grief!
Not this crap again.

1) We are currently headed AWAY from the plane of the galaxy

2) The Moon is fine, not 'crooked' at all - It is SUPPOSED to tilt.
There's an old navigational trick, taught to me by my grandfather 35yrs ago (he was a WW2 RAF navigator)
You get get an approximate 'South' bearing by extending an imaginary line across the horns of a crescent Moon, downwards.

It RELIES on the fact that the Moon tilts in a regular, predictable way.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25480060
South Korea
10/13/2012 06:48 AM
Report Abusive Post

You just can't post up some links and then say prove me wrong. Unless you're the author of the links you posted. What's required of you is to actually make the case yourself, through your mind, out your fingertips to your keyboard. You know, do something that requires some thought, instead of relying on others. Until you do that, you haven't given me an inkling that you know anything.
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
10/13/2012 06:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
It snowed BADLY and HEAVY here in australia today and its our spring. Its so cold we are all in jumpers with the fire going. Had a cold summer last year, a freezing winter and now our spring is freezing. I cant see us having a summer this year. We dont get any good days. The polar shift is already here.
 Quoting: grasptheuniverse

Wow thanks for your account! It's pretty cold here in Korea too, but nothing unseasonably bad I suppose like what you're having.
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
10/13/2012 06:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

Good grief!
Not this crap again.

1) We are currently headed AWAY from the plane of the galaxy

2) The Moon is fine, not 'crooked' at all - It is SUPPOSED to tilt.
There's an old navigational trick, taught to me by my grandfather 35yrs ago (he was a WW2 RAF navigator)
You get get an approximate 'South' bearing by extending an imaginary line across the horns of a crescent Moon, downwards.

It RELIES on the fact that the Moon tilts in a regular, predictable way.
 Quoting: Karlos

Actually we are North of the galactic plane heading down, very close now to dead center. Hmm interesting term that, now isn't it? Take a quick clue from Christian teachings, the cross is actually our crossing of the galactic plane. Jesus is the Sun/Son. He's always depicted with rays of the sun around his head.

And if you read a little closer, you'd see that it's our Earth with its iron core that makes us tilt. The moon has no such core, so then it appears to us that it IS tilted, because we in fact are at times.

It's really not much more complicated that bringing one magnetic object down and let it pass through another N/S strong EM field. When it hits that other like polarity on its way through, voila, you just might get it to turn upside down. At least you'll get some rock and roll in there.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24623244
United States
10/13/2012 07:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
The stars seem a bit odd too. They seem to look different and differently placed.
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
10/13/2012 07:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
The stars seem a bit odd too. They seem to look different and differently placed.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24623244

If only we could see all of them like we used to too, but yes at least the big well-known constellations we can still see like Orion or the Dipper. And when we are oriented differently they will appear different as well, which I also noticed last week, before the moon came out and washed most of the stars out of the sky.
Hydra

User ID: 16461839
Germany
10/13/2012 07:47 AM
Report Abusive Post

You just can't post up some links and then say prove me wrong.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25480060

Simply said: I can!

Unless you're the author of the links you posted. What's required of you is to actually make the case yourself, through your mind, out your fingertips to your keyboard. You know, do something that requires some thought, instead of relying on others. Until you do that, you haven't given me an inkling that you know anything.

I don't have to reinvent the wheel - I can rely on verified existing data. That's the way science works.

Or did you build the computer you are just using from the scratch (I mean starting by soldering transistors)?

I can imagine to do more pleasurable things with my time than feeding a troll.

Prove me wrong with scientific data or we are done.

Holton0289

User ID: 12542142
United States
10/13/2012 08:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
And where is the center of the galactic plane exactly? Are we just guessing? Do we know there is a "center?" Is the Earth still flat?

We dont know for sure what our galaxy looks like. We have never viewed it from afar. One of our oldest satellites is just not reaching the edge of our solar system. Its foolish to think we know what our galaxy is like.

Center implies a point or place that is equally distant from the sides or outer boundaries of something. If we dont know what our own galaxy looks like how do we know there is a center?

Last Edited by Cptn Hindsight on 10/13/2012 08:09 AM
Natagee
User ID: 8422550
United States
10/13/2012 08:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
Night before last, driving home I noticed the constellation Orion was huge,the stars where normal brightness but the space it occupied in the sky was at lest twice as big as normal.An atmospheric lens effect.
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
10/13/2012 08:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
We cross the galactic plane in something like 3 million years.
 Quoting: Super Bowl Dave

Just like everything They try and tell us to keep the truth out of our lives, that the sun has its own independent fuel or that it runs on nuclear fusion, or that evolution spanning millions of years, or the slow process too of making mountains and canyons, it's all just a slow process and we need not worry about sudden change, certainly not Catastrophism, why certainly not in our lifetime or any of our children's children's children any time soon. Ah, comforting that.
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
10/13/2012 08:07 AM
Report Abusive Post

You just can't post up some links and then say prove me wrong.

Simply said: I can!

Unless you're the author of the links you posted. What's required of you is to actually make the case yourself, through your mind, out your fingertips to your keyboard. You know, do something that requires some thought, instead of relying on others. Until you do that, you haven't given me an inkling that you know anything.

I don't have to reinvent the wheel - I can rely on verified existing data. That's the way science works.

Or did you build the computer you are just using from the scratch (I mean starting by soldering transistors)?

I can imagine to do more pleasurable things with my time than feeding a troll.

Prove me wrong with scientific data or we are done.

Yeah we're done, because you can even spell an argument.
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
10/13/2012 08:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
And where is the center of the galactic plane exactly? Are we just guessing? Do we know there is a "center?" Is the Earth still flat?

We dont know for sure what our galaxy looks like. We have never been there. One of our oldest satellites is just not reaching the edge of our solar system. Its foolish to think we know what our galaxy is like.

Center implies a point or place that is equally distant from the sides or outer boundaries of something. If we dont know what our own galaxy looks like how do we know there is a center?
 Quoting: Holton0289

All well and good, but I remember seeing our galaxy's disc when I was a child, so we were pretty much level with it then. Now we're just becoming completely level as it were. The sun is also brighter, getting more fuel that is accumulated in the center of the plane naturally. The Ribbon is well-attested.
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
10/13/2012 08:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
Night before last, driving home I noticed the constellation Orion was huge,the stars where normal brightness but the space it occupied in the sky was at lest twice as big as normal.An atmospheric lens effect.
 Quoting: Natagee 8422550

Now that you mention it, it did seem rather bigger to me too, but I couldn't swear by it. The spacing in the belt seemed about right. However if our atmosphere changes, certainly our perception of how it looks will change, and there's ample evidence that our atmosphere has also changed in its density not to mention composition. Thanks for the thought in this direction.
Holton0289

United States
10/13/2012 08:36 AM
Report Abusive Post

We dont know for sure what our galaxy looks like. We have never been there. One of our oldest satellites is just not reaching the edge of our solar system. Its foolish to think we know what our galaxy is like.

All well and good, but I remember seeing our galaxy's disc when I was a child, so we were pretty much level with it then. Now we're just becoming completely level as it were. The sun is also brighter, getting more fuel that is accumulated in the center of the plane naturally. The Ribbon is well-attested.

Yes, ive seen the picture of the disk as well. But ask yourself....how was the picture produced? Unless god himself took the pic and mailed it out its not our galaxy.

Ill say it again. We dont know what our own galaxy looks like. In that respect, we are in the same "the earth is flat" state as people hundreds if not thousands of years ago thought of the earth.

We know so little its impossible for a human to comprehend. We dont even know for sure what gravity is, yet its all around us all the time. We have theories that mass produces gravity, if gravity is a force that causes all matter to be attracted to all other matter, why are atoms mostly empty space inside? How are the forces that hold atoms together different from gravity?

We can define what gravity is as a field of influence, because we know how it operates in the universe. And some scientists think that it is made up of particles called gravitons which travel at the speed of light. However, if we are to be honest, we do not know what gravity "is" in any fundamental way - we only know how it behaves.
Holton0289

United States
10/13/2012 08:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
By the way im not trying to argue or disagree with you. Im simply saying our knowledge is limited. Scientific theory and fact are 2 things very different from one another.

I will say that your theory is interesting if nothing else.
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
10/13/2012 08:47 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yes, ive seen the picture of the disk as well. But ask yourself....how was the picture produced? Unless god himself took the pic and mailed it out its not our galaxy.

Ill say it again. We dont know what our own galaxy looks like. In that respect, we are in the same "the earth is flat" state as people hundreds if not thousands of years ago thought of the earth.

We know so little its impossible for a human to comprehend. We dont even know for sure what gravity is, yet its all around us all the time. We have theories that mass produces gravity, if gravity is a force that causes all matter to be attracted to all other matter, why are atoms mostly empty space inside? How are the forces that hold atoms together different from gravity?

We can define what gravity is as a field of influence, because we know how it operates in the universe. And some scientists think that it is made up of particles called gravitons which travel at the speed of light. However, if we are to be honest, we do not know what gravity "is" in any fundamental way - we only know how it behaves.

A picture? Good God, man, I've seen it looking up in the sky as a kid! (sentence works best with a Bones voice from the original Star Trek)

Everything in our Universe is a Spiral and Vortex of that spiral spinning and moving through space. This is fundamental stuff, and our Galaxy is no exception, certainly.

Certainly too we know so little, because they keep us from knowing. But there's a lot TO know, and it's really not that difficult, it's out there. In fact the Creator wants you to know, because he is IT, the Universe. He hasn't hidden anything from your eyes, it's all around you man! (again, Bones) He's given you a powerful brain to contemplate and figure things out. Not everything, but it really doesn't take a genius to see what the gist of it is. Just look.

Take your gravity example. Gravity only works within close quarters so to speak. Weak, very weak. Try instead the fundamental powerful force of the universe, EM.
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
10/13/2012 08:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
By the way im not trying to argue or disagree with you. Im simply saying our knowledge is limited. Scientific theory and fact are 2 things very different from one another.

I will say that your theory is interesting if nothing else.

Yeah I took your thoughts with good sincerity, as I hope you take mine.
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
10/13/2012 10:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Natagee 8422550

Now that you mention it, it did seem rather bigger to me too, but I couldn't swear by it. The spacing in the belt seemed about right. However if our atmosphere changes, certainly our perception of how it looks will change, and there's ample evidence that our atmosphere has also changed in its density not to mention composition. Thanks for the thought in this direction.

You know, I was thinking more of your words, and I have to say that you are RIGHT on the money.

When I was looking at Orion and the other stars in the sky, I noticed how utterly peculiar that the night sky had such a small dome look to it. More than 20 years ago, you could look up at the sky and never notice it, just there would be all that vast sky and endless sea of stars for you to peer at while you lay back on the earth, if you were so inclined.

Even a shooting star came into view, and how incredible was its short curved arc!

The solar winds and the other plasmas entering our path has definitely taken a Huge bite out of our planet's apple of air. Now our atmospheric eye around our earth is smaller, and the stars are so tightly wrapped about us, that of course they seem much bigger!

So thank you.

~~~

Another thing I've been pondering on, has been the number three. I've recently re-read LOTRs which conistently uses 3 everywhere, from his Fellowship of companions, to the ages, etc, and also Moby Dick where 3 is also used, such as in the number of Harpooners on board.

What is the significance of the 3? I think it's from the fundamental coordinates in space, X, Y, and Z axis. Again we come to the cross again. And probably something they won't tell you in class, but which I've concluded, is that the White Whale, Moby Dick, is the Sun. . There's even a whole chapter on how sometimes abhorrent is the Whiteness of something, and alludes at least one time to the Whale being like the Sun. He has struck Ahab once at the beginning, and who is Ahab? It's the very ones like in this thread that Refuse to acknowledge the truth...that would rather Bury the truth of Reality than to acknowledge the Beast is far Greater than himself, and bring everyone else down with him.

It's no wonder then that the movie 2012 also featured a copy of this book, because it also of course describes the very compelling and devastating reality of Water. WATER! Yes there will be lots of it everywhere when the Shift occurs.

GLP