Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,314 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 615,279
Pageviews Today: 1,039,871Threads Today: 347Posts Today: 6,524
11:58 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

The moon's crookedness is caused by our going toward the center of the galactic plane

God Loves ALL

User ID: 25488876
United States
10/13/2012 11:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: The moon's crookedness is caused by our going toward the center of the galactic plane
In our EU, the usual nearer and stronger EM forces of the sun keep us oriented--usually.

However as we approach galactic center, the forces there are so strong that we tilt even moreso sometimes (given whatever conditions we pass through at any given time), giving that mushroom smoking Cat like grin to the moon we witness, sometimes, even out of season.

Not to mention the polar disarray the sun is also going through not only with its own solar cycles (of which are bad enough), but--again--approaching galactic center.

These are signs of our impending pole shift.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22569292

please please put on your mind , think, and stop this soon. the galactic center in an incredible number of light years away and we are not going there.

we are however since 2006 in the ray of energy coming out of the milky way center. but we not going to the milky way center.
The actual Lord's Prayer Given by Jesus 2000 years ago.

"MY SPIRIT, YOU ARE OMNIPOTENT. YOUR NAME IS HOLY. MAY YOUR REALM BE INCARNATE IN ME. MAY YOUR POWER REVEAL ITSELF WITHIN ME, ON EARTH AND IN THE HEAVEN. GIVE ME TODAY MY DAILY BREAD, AND THUS, LET ME RECOGNIZE MY TRANSGRESSIONS AND ERRORS, AND I SHALL RECOGNIZE THE TRUTH. AND DO NOT LEAD ME INTO TEMPTATION AND CONFUSION, BUT DELIVER ME FROM ERROR. FOR YOURS IS THE REALM WITHIN ME AND THE POWER AND THE KNOWLEDGE FOREVER,
AMEN.

Nice video: [link to www.youtube.com] Make this World a Better One

Thread: Walter Russell Quotes Walter Russell thread
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25480060
South Korea
10/13/2012 11:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: The moon's crookedness is caused by our going toward the center of the galactic plane
In our EU, the usual nearer and stronger EM forces of the sun keep us oriented--usually.

However as we approach galactic center, the forces there are so strong that we tilt even moreso sometimes (given whatever conditions we pass through at any given time), giving that mushroom smoking Cat like grin to the moon we witness, sometimes, even out of season.

Not to mention the polar disarray the sun is also going through not only with its own solar cycles (of which are bad enough), but--again--approaching galactic center.

please please put on your mind , think, and stop this soon. the galactic center in an incredible number of light years away and we are not going there.

we are however since 2006 in the ray of energy coming out of the milky way center. but we not going to the milky way center.
 Quoting: God Loves ALL

No one is saying, at least not me, that we are going into the CENTER of it, just the Center of its plane. Can you understand the difference?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1568805
United States
10/13/2012 11:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
We cross the galactic plane in something like 3 million years.
 Quoting: Super Bowl Dave

another do
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
10/13/2012 11:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
We cross the galactic plane in something like 3 million years.
 Quoting: Super Bowl Dave

another do
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1568805

In Korea it was plainly acknowledged by officials that they introduced baseball into the country because their People were too interested in Politics.
Karlos

User ID: 25493220
United Kingdom
10/13/2012 01:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Actually we are North of the galactic plane heading down, very close now to dead center.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25480060

According to whom?
Can you supply something which supports that claim - other than amateurish Youtube vids or conspiracy sites????

Exact figures vary, but all serious scientific studies agree that we are significantly North of the plane, and currently heading away from it.

Take a quick clue from Christian teachings, the cross is actually our crossing of the galactic plane. Jesus is the Sun/Son. He's always depicted with rays of the sun around his head.

Religious teachings arte irrelevant - they came about as a means of controlling the uneducated masses.
Yes, many religions include on astrological imagery, but modern study is WAY ahead of what we knew hundreds/thousands of years ago

And if you read a little closer, you'd see that it's our Earth with its iron core that makes us tilt. The moon has no such core, so then it appears to us that it IS tilted, because we in fact are at times.

It's pointless trying to tell me about asronomy, I can tell from your postings that I'm already way ahead of you on that subject.
I know exactly how, and why, the Moon appears tilted, depending where you are standing on the planet.
Karlos

United Kingdom
10/13/2012 01:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Night before last, driving home I noticed the constellation Orion was huge,the stars where normal brightness but the space it occupied in the sky was at lest twice as big as normal.An atmospheric lens effect.
 Quoting: Natagee 8422550

Now that you mention it, it did seem rather bigger to me too, but I couldn't swear by it. The spacing in the belt seemed about right. However if our atmosphere changes, certainly our perception of how it looks will change, and there's ample evidence that our atmosphere has also changed in its density not to mention composition. Thanks for the thought in this direction.

Sorry to disappoint...
But I saw someone post a similar thing yesterday, and last night I checked the angular separation between a prominent star North of Orion's belt (Betelgeuse), and one diagonally opposite below the belt (Rigel) using the setting circles on one of my equatorial telescope mounts.

The figure I came up with was 18.6º - which agrees very closely with the figure given by 'Starry Night Pro' astronomical software.

In short - Orion appears exactly the same size it should be.

The only thing that changes, is the perception of people who don't regularly observe the sky.
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
10/13/2012 02:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Actually we are North of the galactic plane heading down, very close now to dead center.

According to whom?
Can you supply something which supports that claim - other than amateurish Youtube vids or conspiracy sites????

Exact figures vary, but all serious scientific studies agree that we are significantly North of the plane, and currently heading away from it.

Take a quick clue from Christian teachings, the cross is actually our crossing of the galactic plane. Jesus is the Sun/Son. He's always depicted with rays of the sun around his head.

Religious teachings arte irrelevant - they came about as a means of controlling the uneducated masses.
Yes, many religions include on astrological imagery, but modern study is WAY ahead of what we knew hundreds/thousands of years ago

And if you read a little closer, you'd see that it's our Earth with its iron core that makes us tilt. The moon has no such core, so then it appears to us that it IS tilted, because we in fact are at times.

It's pointless trying to tell me about asronomy, I can tell from your postings that I'm already way ahead of you on that subject.
I know exactly how, and why, the Moon appears tilted, depending where you are standing on the planet.
 Quoting: Karlos

And here we have another Ahab, or rather one of his mighty cohorts which he enticed for one gold coin to go down the ship with him.

On the first of your accounts, have I posted a Youtube video or referenced a conspiracy site? That is but a vain attempt to categorize me into the foolish, and it's not met without notice.

On your second, there is not a good deal of faith that I place in the hands of modern science who tries to feed us the likes of Black Holes and Quantum Physics an Gravity and yet tell us not to divide by Zero (Black Holes), try and get a nuclear reactor to work (not by QP it certainly doesn't), and sidestep the very fundamental Powerful force of all EM (and yet still embrace Weak Gravity after all this time). To mention but a few. Your supposed serious studies I'm sure would in my mind be tantamount to these whimsical fantasies of nature, divorced from all reality, unless Mathematics is your reality, as Tesla would still readily lament. You too are Naive to put your trust in such hands, into the hands that still to this day haven't developed such an accurate calendar in predicting not only where we are in spacial relation to the galaxy, but also in such things as when the next solar eclipse will be, as our Ancestors.

Your intermingling of truth with your opinion of Religion I also share, and it gives an air of credibility to your post, but that too is not gone unnoticed. And it's the same kind of intermingling of truth with fiction that Religion gains its fame. EG there is a God, but not the Brute of the Old Testament. Or there is a Son of God, but he wasn't Jesus. Careful sifting should still be done to bring the truths to light, and I also have serious disagreements with the assumption that we better understand the science around us than what they did thousands of years ago even. Again, the Calendars. Or the Pyramids. Just to name two.

So then finally, I haven't the slightest confidence you know anything yet at all, and actually find you much in the dark.
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
10/13/2012 02:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Night before last, driving home I noticed the constellation Orion was huge,the stars where normal brightness but the space it occupied in the sky was at lest twice as big as normal.An atmospheric lens effect.
 Quoting: Natagee 8422550

Now that you mention it, it did seem rather bigger to me too, but I couldn't swear by it. The spacing in the belt seemed about right. However if our atmosphere changes, certainly our perception of how it looks will change, and there's ample evidence that our atmosphere has also changed in its density not to mention composition. Thanks for the thought in this direction.

Sorry to disappoint...
But I saw someone post a similar thing yesterday, and last night I checked the angular separation between a prominent star North of Orion's belt (Betelgeuse), and one diagonally opposite below the belt (Rigel) using the setting circles on one of my equatorial telescope mounts.

The figure I came up with was 18.6º - which agrees very closely with the figure given by 'Starry Night Pro' astronomical software.

In short - Orion appears exactly the same size it should be.

The only thing that changes, is the perception of people who don't regularly observe the sky.

There's really no disappointment to be had. First the source of knowledge has to be accounted for, and when darkness clouds over it, it would be for the foolish to trust from said source.

Please don't look into the sky at daytime and see our brighter sun and hate it with the deniable malice as Ahab did. Just pretend it's not there. Spend the gold coin while there's time I'd say to you.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1200266
United States
10/13/2012 02:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
The moon is crooked???spock
Karlos

United Kingdom
10/13/2012 02:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
On the first of your accounts, have I posted a Youtube video or referenced a conspiracy site? That is but a vain attempt to categorize me into the foolish, and it's not met without notice.

Nobody said you had.
Read my post.
I asked if you could support your statement without referencing YT or a conspiracy site.
I'll take that attempt at misdirection as admission that you can't

Oh, and as for the 'foolishness' comment...
Judging by the lack of astronomical knowledge displayed so far.... I do regard you as lacking, when it comes to this particular subject.

Coming back to the subject of the thread...
Bottom line is that we ARE NOT headed towards the galactic plane, and there is nothing wrong with the Moon's appearance.

I've already explained in a simple way, why the Moon is just fine and normal.
And here are a few links which show that we will be nowhere near the galactic plane any time soon.
A simple one to start...
[link to www.idialstars.com]
And a couple that are more in-depth...
[link to articles.adsabs.harvard.edu]
[link to arxiv.org]
Karlos

United Kingdom
10/13/2012 02:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
The moon is crooked???
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1200266

No! It is fine.
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
10/13/2012 03:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
The moon is crooked???spock

Damn it Spock! I'm a Doctor not a Scientist.
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
10/13/2012 03:08 PM
Report Abusive Post

Nobody said you had.
Read my post.
I asked if you could support your statement without referencing YT or a conspiracy site.
I'll take that attempt at misdirection as admission that you can't

Oh, and as for the 'foolishness' comment...
Judging by the lack of astronomical knowledge displayed so far.... I do regard you as lacking, when it comes to this particular subject.

Coming back to the subject of the thread...
Bottom line is that we ARE NOT headed towards the galactic plane, and there is nothing wrong with the Moon's appearance.

I've already explained in a simple way, why the Moon is just fine and normal.
And here are a few links which show that we will be nowhere near the galactic plane any time soon.
A simple one to start...
[link to www.idialstars.com]
And a couple that are more in-depth...
[link to articles.adsabs.harvard.edu]
[link to arxiv.org]

It appears yet again those in the Dark don't wish to either listen or see, as what you've just shown here shows yet again what I've already responded to.
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
10/13/2012 03:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
The moon is crooked???

No! It is fine.

Perfectly for the time being. But the Earth at times, now that's another matter entirely, in case you two missed it again.
Karlos

United Kingdom
10/13/2012 03:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
It appears yet again those in the Dark don't wish to either listen or see, as what you've just shown here shows yet again what I've already responded to.

You are making the outlandish claim.
Back it up, or you continue to make yourself look foolish.

Last Edited by Karlos on 10/13/2012 03:11 PM
Karlos

United Kingdom
10/13/2012 03:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Perfectly for the time being. But the Earth at times, now that's another matter entirely, in case you two missed it again.

More unsubstantiated bollox!
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
10/13/2012 03:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

You are making the outlandish claim.
Back it up, or you continue to make yourself look foolish.

You again have missed my points where I have backed up my claims, so why should I have to keep repeating myself? You would deny that Nasa was startled by the electric Ribbon, or that the Sun has gotten more fuel, or that we put more sunscreens on our skins of higher potency than the past, or that we today still rely on the ancient calendars of the past, or that Einstein who flunked math and copied papers in the patent office surpasses Tesla, or the very nature of our EU, or that there is a Creator, or that things go in cycles, or that the Creator sees the wicked and has put those cycles in place, or that our magnetosphere and heliosphere is compromised, or that our bees and birds and so many other animals are dying, or that there are lightning storms on Jupiter, or that the Moon is also very bright, or the Elites have drained us of our coin for their coffers, or on and on. There, you made me do what I shouldn't've. But I did add a few others, but these are no doubt already well-known on a conspiracy board, and if you find no company here, the question comes, why are you here. But we already know the answer to that as well.
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
10/13/2012 03:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

More unsubstantiated bollox!

The same to yours.
Karlos

United Kingdom
10/13/2012 04:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
You again have missed my points where I have backed up my claims.........

So far you have backed up NOTHING.
And the rest of the post that quote is from... just more and more unsubstantiated claims....

Lets go back to your first post shall we.....

Wrong - please explain how you claim this works

However as we approach galactic center,

Please explain what evidence you have that we are headed towards the galactic centre, as opposed to away from the plane.

the forces there are so strong

What forces - exactly - explain what they are, and how you claim they affect us.

that we tilt even moreso sometimes

When do we tilt more..? What evidence do you have that 'we' have tilted 'moreso'..?

giving that mushroom smoking Cat like grin to the moon we witness, sometimes, even out of season.

again, a claim there is something wrong with how the Moon appears - This is just plain incorrect.

Not to mention the polar disarray the sun is also going through

'Polar disarray'???

but--again--approaching galactic center.

And this again - It's still wrong.

Please explain, the above points, PROPERLEY - and back up any claims you make with REAL evidence, not just hear'say, gobbledygook buzz-words, or things you've made up on the spot.
Come on, hit me with it.
I attained MPhys(hons) 'Physics with Astyrophysics' in the mid 80s, so if there is anything substantial in your claims, I will be able to understand.

I'm open to being convinced - If you can supply REAL evidence of what you claim, I will spin on a dime and (to paraphrase Tim Minchin) carve 'Fancy that!' on the side of my cock.

Though I'm not anticipating the need of a tattooing needle anytime soon.
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
10/13/2012 04:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm not sure how to easily break up my replies as you have with the scripting for better readability, maybe someone can help me. Til then, I'll put my comments between these: <>

You again have missed my points where I have backed up my claims.........

So far you have backed up NOTHING.
And the rest of the post that quote is from... just more and more unsubstantiated claims....

Lets go back to your first post shall we.....

Wrong - please explain how you claim this works

<Not wrong, completely right. I shouldn't have to explain any of this to someone who claims to have a scientific mind about her, but for the sake of someone else new to the field I will write some, and not for yours. In our EU, everything has a polarity, North and South. The Sun has such a polarity. Earth being made of an Iron core then is also magnetized to North South poles. It's what accounts for our orbit around the sun, when we stay in the balance of equilibrium, reason why our planets orbit the plane in the center and just don't orbit it any which way but loose, if I may.>
However as we approach galactic center,

Please explain what evidence you have that we are headed towards the galactic centre, as opposed to away from the plane.

<You're the kind of gal I would reckon that when driving over a dirt road filled with potholes and all evidence of the car's shaking and pounding of the wheels, might yet deny that anything is wrong in the Road. Ah, it's but an old car perhaps, and the shocks, and it's just my imagination if nothing else. let's just forget about the subject altogether then and drive on!

You likewise haven't also formulated any intelligent response proving that we are going away from it, besides for a few links that you are not the Author of. So wherewithwhich are your evidence? The Calendar that I base my assertions have no contemporary equal within modern day science, a fact which you keep conveniently ignoring. They didn't just pick a day out of thin air for their calendar. There is good reason, even if you try and pretend or ignore it.>
the forces there are so strong

What forces - exactly - explain what they are, and how you claim they affect us.

<See my comments already above in regards to the North and South polarities. Strong EM forces hold us together, not the weak Gravity of which you mighty and dear, of which of all the mass on the Earth I can still counteract it by lifting my foot of the Earth and planting it in another spot.>
that we tilt even moreso sometimes

When do we tilt more..? What evidence do you have that 'we' have tilted 'moreso'..?

<Someone who doesn't do much skywatching perhaps doesn't ever see any signs, that much is probably true.>

giving that mushroom smoking Cat like grin to the moon we witness, sometimes, even out of season.

again, a claim there is something wrong with how the Moon appears - This is just plain incorrect.

<So says you, but we already know what you are about, and countless others have lain testament to this very fact, despite so much of the ridicule to the contrary>
Not to mention the polar disarray the sun is also going through

'Polar disarray'???

<To compound your unenlightened shame further, you also are not aware of the great twistings of the polar currents of the Sun? Eventually and I say soon, they will of necessity have to correct themselves. Every time the sun changes its regular polarity it wraps itself up with greater force, and that force with the other forces at play will make its break that much more Terrible.>
but--again--approaching galactic center.

And this again - It's still wrong.

<So says you, and just because you say it's wrong doesn't mean it's wrong, I'm sorry to say with only an ounce of sincerity at this point.>

Please explain, the above points, PROPERLEY - and back up any claims you make with REAL evidence, not just hear'say, gobbledygook buzz-words, or things you've made up on the spot.
Come on, hit me with it.
I attained MPhys(hons) 'Physics with Astyrophysics' in the mid 80s, so if there is anything substantial in your claims, I will be able to understand.

I'm open to being convinced - If you can supply REAL evidence of what you claim, I will spin on a dime and (to paraphrase Tim Minchin) carve 'Fancy that!' on the side of my cock.

Though I'm not anticipating the need of a tattooing needle anytime soon.

<Modern Academia is well-known for being riddled with producing Group Think and Yes Men and other terms for the same thing: Believe what I tell you and you get your reward. We also know who controls this establishment. Free thinkers ever historically have not been rewarded. Take again Tesla, the foremost of Geniuses, who died desolate and unappreciated, even though he had the brawnish brains of a thousand Einsteins put together, although granted this isn't exactly saying very much with Einstein being he was for all intents and purposes an idiot.>
Karlos

United Kingdom
10/13/2012 05:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
<In our EU, everything has a polarity, North and South. The Sun has such a polarity. Earth being made of an Iron core then is also magnetized to North South poles. It's what accounts for our orbit around the sun,>
Er-r-r-m nope!
That would be gravity

<You're the kind of gal>
Since when was 'Karlos' a Gal's name?

<You likewise haven't also formulated any intelligent response proving that we are going away from it, besides for a few links that you are not the Author of. So wherewithwhich are your evidence?>
I provided links to studies on the subject - Up to now you still have provided NOTHING but misconceptions and hear'say

<The Calendar that I base my assertions have no contemporary equal within modern day science,>
What calendar would that be then..?

<See my comments already above in regards to the North and South polarities. Strong EM forces hold us together, not the weak Gravity of which you mighty and dear, of which of all the mass on the Earth I can still counteract it by lifting my foot of the Earth and planting it in another spot.>
Way to show that your understanding of gravity is very weak.
The Sun exerts much more gravitational influence than Earth - and the earth's mass also contributes a little to the effect.
You do understand that EVERYTHING exerts some gravitaional effect don't you?

<Someone who doesn't do much skywatching perhaps doesn't ever see any signs, that much is probably true.>
I do FAR more skywatching than most - including you, I'm willing to bet.
I'm out with a scope EVERY night the sky is clear - as I type this I have a scope outside cooling to ambient temperature so I can get the best from it later tonight.

<So says you, but we already know what you are about, and countless others have lain testament to this very fact, despite so much of the ridicule to the contrary>
No, those who think there's a problem with the Moon, have very little knowledge/experience of viewing it - Any experienced observer understands field rotation.

<To compound your unenlightened shame further, you also are not aware of the great twistings of the polar currents of the Sun?>
I am perfectly aware of the Sun's cycles and currents - I'm also perfectly aware that the way the Sun is acting is nothing that it hasn't done before - and we are still here.

<Modern Academia is well-known for being riddled with producing Group Think and Yes Men and other terms for the same thing
I can't speak for other countries - but in this country, if you go on to a University degree in a science subject, you do A LOT of your own research, verifying the principles you are taught - We don't just blindly believe what is fed us, we verify the priciples and laws with our own experiments.

Last Edited by Karlos on 10/13/2012 05:21 PM
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
10/13/2012 05:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
New comments I guess I'll use: **

<In our EU, everything has a polarity, North and South. The Sun has such a polarity. Earth being made of an Iron core then is also magnetized to North South poles. It's what accounts for our orbit around the sun,>
Er-r-r-m nope!
That would be gravity

*Nope*
<You're the kind of gal>
Since when was 'Karlos' a Gal's name?

*IDK your tone strikes me as girlish, but perhaps it's just that although Bart is a boy, I'm left knowing that the voice behind him is from a woman*

<You likewise haven't also formulated any intelligent response proving that we are going away from it, besides for a few links that you are not the Author of. So wherewithwhich are your evidence?>
I provided links to studies on the subject - Up to now you still have provided NOTHING but misconceptions and hear'say

*No, I've given you ample evidence which you try and deny. But it's there for the astute reader, which doesn't really take anyone absolutely astute, just honest. And like I said yet again, Links don't cut it Lady.*

<The Calendar that I base my assertions have no contemporary equal within modern day science,>
What calendar would that be then..?

*That's a good one, but this question doesn't surprise me from you, as you have repeatedly shown to ignore what you will.*

Way to show that your understanding of gravity is very weak.
The Sun exerts much more gravitational influence than Earth - and the earth's mass also contributes a little to the effect.
You do understand that EVERYTHING exerts some gravitaional effect don't you?

*No, gravity is only present and countable amongst small distances. Much to Learn have you. Gravity in any case is a misnomer, as it it still the electric forces amongst the atoms that produce attraction, much like static on the balloon and some paper shavings stuck to it.*

I do FAR more skywatching than most - including you, I'm willing to bet.
I'm out with a scope EVERY night the sky is clear - as I type this I have a scope outside cooling to ambient temperature so I can get the best from it later tonight.

*There is something to be said with someone who Listens and someone who Hears, someone who glances, and someone who sees. You can't even see what I write, let alone see the writing in the Heavens.*

No, those who think there's a problem with the Moon, have very little knowledge/experience of viewing it - Any experienced observer understands field rotation.

*Field rotation is but a weak argument, always has been ever since the genius who concocted the phrase to account for the anomalies the rest of us see in the sky. We're talking about anomalies present from the same spot to the next, not going from the Southern to Northern hemisphere, for instance.*

<To compound your unenlightened shame further, you also are not aware of the great twistings of the polar currents of the Sun?>
I am perfectly aware of the Sun's cycles and currents - I'm also perfectly aware that the way the Sun is acting is nothing that it hasn't done before - and we are still here.

*And by that sentence is your own undoing! But thanks for providing it, it is indeed priceless beyond all measure I could have ever hoped for.*

<Modern Academia is well-known for being riddled with producing Group Think and Yes Men and other terms for the same thing
I can't speak for other countries - but in this country, if you go on to a University degree in a science subject, you do A LOT of your own research, verifying the principles you are taught - We don't just blindly believe what is fed us, we verify the priciples and laws with our own experiments.

*It begins with all the assumptions and presuppositions underlining everything that is taught. Stray too far from the path and you get reeled in, it CANNOT be denied, except for the insanely Naive.*
Karlos

United Kingdom
10/13/2012 05:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wow! ignorance byond measure, and childish with it.
As expected.
No longer worth the bother.
Goodnight! A dark clear sky, and a 10" reflector beckons me.
Feel free to now take all the cheap-shots you like.
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
10/13/2012 06:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
As expected.

Just remember, I never played unfair first and inferred or said outright some things you did, such as anticipating only Youtube videos or the like. As so you dish it, so shall you receive methinks. It was fun in any case, and I can thank you at least for that.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14143765
United States
10/13/2012 06:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

Good grief!
Not this crap again.

1) We are currently headed AWAY from the plane of the galaxy

2) The Moon is fine, not 'crooked' at all - It is SUPPOSED to tilt.
There's an old navigational trick, taught to me by my grandfather 35yrs ago (he was a WW2 RAF navigator)
You get get an approximate 'South' bearing by extending an imaginary line across the horns of a crescent Moon, downwards.

It RELIES on the fact that the Moon tilts in a regular, predictable way.

Actually we are North of the galactic plane heading down, very close now to dead center. Hmm interesting term that, now isn't it? Take a quick clue from Christian teachings, the cross is actually our crossing of the galactic plane. Jesus is the Sun/Son. He's always depicted with rays of the sun around his head.

It's really not much more complicated that bringing one magnetic object down and let it pass through another N/S strong EM field. When it hits that other like polarity on its way through, voila, you just might get it to turn upside down. At least you'll get some rock and roll in there.

So much wrong, where to start. The Earth has NOT tilted any more than it always has. The north star is still where it is supposed to be as are all the others. If there were some anomalous tilt they would not be. The APPARENT tilt of the Moon is a trick of perspective. EVERYTHING in the sky appears to tilt throughout the night. The Moon APPEARS tilted to the left when it rises and you are looking East. Then it is upright when high in the sky and you are looking South and then appears tilted to the right when it sets and you are looking West. At no time did the Moon or the Earth actually tilt. YOU turned while looking at it. How do we know it is only an apparent tilt? Because at the same time you see it tilted to the right and setting, someone on the other side of the world sees it tilted to the left and rising. Both can't be true. neither are. At all times the North pole of the moon is still pointed north.

And you're wrong about the galactic plane.
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
10/13/2012 06:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

Good grief!
Not this crap again.

There's an old navigational trick, taught to me by my grandfather 35yrs ago (he was a WW2 RAF navigator)
You get get an approximate 'South' bearing by extending an imaginary line across the horns of a crescent Moon, downwards.

Actually we are North of the galactic plane heading down, very close now to dead center. Hmm interesting term that, now isn't it? Take a quick clue from Christian teachings, the cross is actually our crossing of the galactic plane. Jesus is the Sun/Son. He's always depicted with rays of the sun around his head.

It's really not much more complicated that bringing one magnetic object down and let it pass through another N/S strong EM field. When it hits that other like polarity on its way through, voila, you just might get it to turn upside down. At least you'll get some rock and roll in there.

So much wrong, where to start. The Earth has NOT tilted any more than it always has. The north star is still where it is supposed to be as are all the others. If there were some anomalous tilt they would not be. The APPARENT tilt of the Moon is a trick of perspective. EVERYTHING in the sky appears to tilt throughout the night. The Moon APPEARS tilted to the left when it rises and you are looking East. Then it is upright when high in the sky and you are looking South and then appears tilted to the right when it sets and you are looking West. At no time did the Moon or the Earth actually tilt. YOU turned while looking at it. How do we know it is only an apparent tilt? Because at the same time you see it tilted to the right and setting, someone on the other side of the world sees it tilted to the left and rising. Both can't be true. neither are. At all times the North pole of the moon is still pointed north.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14143765

What you've espoused I've heard over and over again. Sorry you wasted your breath.

And no, sorry that you're also wrong about the galactic plane. I'm glad you conveniently ignored all that has been previously said, but I assume you write for the sake of the casual reader who will read the first and last.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14143765
United States
10/13/2012 10:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

Good grief!
Not this crap again.

What you've espoused I've heard over and over again. Sorry you wasted your breath.

And no, sorry that you're also wrong about the galactic plane. I'm glad you conveniently ignored all that has been previously said, but I assume you write for the sake of the casual reader who will read the first and last.

I've only wasted my breath on you because you refuse to see the truth. Others will not be so blind.

As for the galactic plane, you have provide no evidence and your opposition has. YOU are wrong.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25527175
South Korea
10/14/2012 12:45 AM
Report Abusive Post

I've only wasted my breath on you because you refuse to see the truth. Others will not be so blind.

As for the galactic plane, you have provide no evidence and your opposition has. YOU are wrong.

Because you missed it in its Entirety, the shadow on the moon and hence also its still illuminated side is what is the focus in the very OP. Such crescent tilting at off particular seasons cannot be accounted for by your explanation of field rotation, and can only be accounted for by mine, which is again the tilting of our Earth through unusual EM forces in which we are entering.

YOU are wrong.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/14/2012 02:52 AM
Report Abusive Post

According to whom?

And here we have another Ahab, or rather one of his mighty cohorts which he enticed for one gold coin to go down the ship with him.

On your second, there is not a good deal of faith that I place in the hands of modern science who tries to feed us the likes of Black Holes and Quantum Physics an Gravity and yet tell us not to divide by Zero (Black Holes), try and get a nuclear reactor to work (not by QP it certainly doesn't), and sidestep the very fundamental Powerful force of all EM (and yet still embrace Weak Gravity after all this time). To mention but a few. Your supposed serious studies I'm sure would in my mind be tantamount to these whimsical fantasies of nature, divorced from all reality, unless Mathematics is your reality, as Tesla would still readily lament. You too are Naive to put your trust in such hands, into the hands that still to this day haven't developed such an accurate calendar in predicting not only where we are in spacial relation to the galaxy, but also in such things as when the next solar eclipse will be, as our Ancestors.

Your intermingling of truth with your opinion of Religion I also share, and it gives an air of credibility to your post, but that too is not gone unnoticed. And it's the same kind of intermingling of truth with fiction that Religion gains its fame. EG there is a God, but not the Brute of the Old Testament. Or there is a Son of God, but he wasn't Jesus. Careful sifting should still be done to bring the truths to light, and I also have serious disagreements with the assumption that we better understand the science around us than what they did thousands of years ago even. Again, the Calendars. Or the Pyramids. Just to name two.

So then finally, I haven't the slightest confidence you know anything yet at all, and actually find you much in the dark.

Fantastic come back,,,ohyeah
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/14/2012 03:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
As expected.

Hey not to quick ,are you forgetting ?
you will
"carve 'Fancy that!' on the side of my cock."

GLP