I QUIT SMOKING , YOU CAN TOO. I QUIT SEPT 27, 2012, SUPPORT EACH OTHER HERE

Desert Fox  (OP)

User ID: 8786935
United States
10/12/2012 10:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: I QUIT SMOKING , YOU CAN TOO. I QUIT SEPT 27, 2012, SUPPORT EACH OTHER HERE
I've been VAPING with my new Smoke Stik for a week.

I used to smoke 1-2 packs a day, but now I'm only smoking 7-10 "real" cigarettes a day - only because I have to order more E-cigs. One isn't enough... got to recharge battery and refill cartomizer. LOL

Once I get some more, I'm sure I can give real cigs up for good !!! Don't know about the nicotine, though. I guess I could cut the strength down gradually and then just "vape" the great variety of e-flavors ????

My apartment smells so much better already, as do my clothes, my hair, my car.....

Wish I had done this earlier !!!

Good luck to you, OP. I absolutely couldn't even attempt "cold turkey". hf
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24831007

Last time I quit I noticed how bad smokers stunk, and it gave me encouragement to stay off them or stink.
:TOMABANEFOX:
It's more humane this way ya know, or burn on totem pole. Choice is yours.
Desert Fox  (OP)

United States
10/12/2012 10:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
I also quit just a couple weeks ago .. been a smoker almost 20 yrs a pack a day ...I took chantix for about a week, that helped but now i cant even stand the smell of it .. my hubby tried to quit same time i did and he held out about a week. I found a website that had so many horror stories about smoking on it I basically scared myself into quitting lol. I want to be alive to see my grandchildren. The websites motto is "Never take another puff" and I won't. I can breathe so much better now and no caughing anymore. Stick with it .. it takes 72 hrs for the nicotine to get out of the system after that the cravings are in your head. Good luck to you ! :)
 Quoting: Opalstar

We can do this thing. YES WE CAN. I have young grandkids too.
Desert Fox  (OP)

United States
10/12/2012 10:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well done op, I gave up at the beginning of the year using patches. Here's a tip, try buying something weekly (treat) with the money you save, it helped me. I started buying an ounce or so of Silver a week with mine, at the end of the year what would have been 150 or so empty cigarette packs will now be a table full of Silver coins :) Keep it up, the cravings should nearly be gone soon.

WELL DONE!

p.s. i do miss the trippy dreams i was getting from the patches though. grinning
 Quoting: Northern-Lights

Silver, good idea. I was spending more than an once of silver each week.
 Quoting: Desert Fox

Therefor you'll be able to stack more lol. (I was smoking about 50 bucks(NZ) a weeks worth). I was wanting to get into Silver for a while but felt i could'nt afford it until i gave up smoking. I get the buzz of shopping for it and spending the money, where in effect i'm really exchanging it for something thats going to be worth much more in the future. WIN WIN :)

Thats so cool, I have been wanting to buy silver too. Where are you buying and coins or bars?
Desert Fox  (OP)

United States
10/12/2012 11:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Where is the best place for me to buy silver with my money saved from not buying Cigs.
Northern-Lights

User ID: 3894523
New Zealand
10/12/2012 11:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well done op, I gave up at the beginning of the year using patches. Here's a tip, try buying something weekly (treat) with the money you save, it helped me. I started buying an ounce or so of Silver a week with mine, at the end of the year what would have been 150 or so empty cigarette packs will now be a table full of Silver coins :) Keep it up, the cravings should nearly be gone soon.

WELL DONE!

p.s. i do miss the trippy dreams i was getting from the patches though. grinning

Therefor you'll be able to stack more lol. (I was smoking about 50 bucks(NZ) a weeks worth). I was wanting to get into Silver for a while but felt i could'nt afford it until i gave up smoking. I get the buzz of shopping for it and spending the money, where in effect i'm really exchanging it for something thats going to be worth much more in the future. WIN WIN :)

Thats so cool, I have been wanting to buy silver too. Where are you buying and coins or bars?

I buy from Trade Me, E bay, and most bullion dealers here in NZ (wherever i can find the best price lol). Not too sure in the U.S but Apmex and Northwest Territorial Mint spring to mind. Just remember to buy from reputable dealers to start with. Good luck :) there's heaps of Silver info on you tube too.
Hawk-02
Hawk-o-holic

User ID: 897951
United States
10/12/2012 11:25 PM

Report Abusive Post
Going out for a smoke... keep the thread alive untill monday! I am going to need it.
Pickle Suprise!
Northern-Lights

User ID: 3894523
New Zealand
10/12/2012 11:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sorry i missed the last bit. I buy 1 ounce coins usually Canadian Maple Leafs and U.S Silver Eagles. There's heaps out there, some command a higher premium than others but i just go for the cheapest as long as it says 1 oz .999 pure Silver, to me an oz of Silver is an oz of Silver, does'nt really matter to me what design is stamped on it :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25140339
United States
10/12/2012 11:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Have a chaw, much safer than a smoke. Uncle who chawed lived till 95. His brothers who smoked all died in their early 70s.
Elzop

User ID: 1582303
United States
10/12/2012 11:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
You should start eating foods which rebuild your lungs. The red and yellow colored bell peppers are supposed to be good for that.
Good luck and if you relapse don't feel bad, just quit again the next day. One thing I've noticed is that the additive-free tobacco isn't nearly as addictive as the regular kind.
Desert Fox  (OP)

United States
10/12/2012 11:32 PM
Report Abusive Post

I buy from Trade Me, E bay, and most bullion dealers here in NZ (wherever i can find the best price lol). Not too sure in the U.S but Apmex and Northwest Territorial Mint spring to mind. Just remember to buy from reputable dealers to start with. Good luck :) there's heaps of Silver info on you tube too.

Think I will assign the task of buying the silver to my son. He has bought in the past, so Ill front the money to him and start my collection. Thanks.
Desert Fox  (OP)

United States
10/12/2012 11:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Going out for a smoke... keep the thread alive untill monday! I am going to need it.
 Quoting: Hawk-02

LOL, If I can remember, I will bring it back up monday afternoon or eve.
Desert Fox  (OP)

United States
10/12/2012 11:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
You should start eating foods which rebuild your lungs. The red and yellow colored bell peppers are supposed to be good for that.
Good luck and if you relapse don't feel bad, just quit again the next day. One thing I've noticed is that the additive-free tobacco isn't nearly as addictive as the regular kind.
 Quoting: Elzop

Nope, I can't relapse, i have done that in the past and the next time is harder, much harder. I had to resort to the Chantix, I could not do it myself this time. One cigarette and I am hooked. Didn't know bout the pepper thing, thanks.
Desert Fox  (OP)

United States
10/12/2012 11:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Have a chaw, much safer than a smoke. Uncle who chawed lived till 95. His brothers who smoked all died in their early 70s.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25140339

I tried chew long time ago, can't stand it, got sick as a dog. If it's going to be tobacco it's going to be a Marlboro light 100 soft pack.

Last Edited by Desert Fox on 10/12/2012 11:42 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23747094
United States
10/12/2012 11:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Congratulations! remember to take lots of vitamins and juice from health stores -- these are the things that will help you recover the quickest. You will probably feel fluish for a bit. if you want, you can take up hobbies that use your hands -- knitting or whittling...even sketching or doodling. Those help keep your hands busy! You are over the very worst, and it only gets better.
Elzop

United States
10/12/2012 11:52 PM
Report Abusive Post

Nope, I can't relapse, i have done that in the past and the next time is harder, much harder. I had to resort to the Chantix, I could not do it myself this time. One cigarette and I am hooked. Didn't know bout the pepper thing, thanks.

You're welcome. I used to do worse than cigs and have found diet to be very helpful in cutting addictions.I suspect that many addicts are simply auto-medicating for nutritional deficiencies(but not limited to) Nicotine is harder to kick than cocaine, heroin and meth in my opinion and I've read a few things to support that.

Hot peppers will help you expectorate all the crud out of your lungs. Habaneros or suchlike. There's plenty of resources online about all that. Basically eating well replaces the addiction. Substitution cures a myriad of ills.
Desert Fox  (OP)

United States
10/13/2012 12:00 AM
Report Abusive Post

You're welcome. I used to do worse than cigs and have found diet to be very helpful in cutting addictions.I suspect that many addicts are simply auto-medicating for nutritional deficiencies(but not limited to) Nicotine is harder to kick than cocaine, heroin and meth in my opinion and I've read a few things to support that.

Hot peppers will help you expectorate all the crud out of your lungs. Habaneros or suchlike. There's plenty of resources online about all that. Basically eating well replaces the addiction. Substitution cures a myriad of ills.

Smoking is IMO harder to quit than a lot of other drugs. I knew someone in rehab for drugs, and all that person begged for was a cigarette. No joke. The eating thing is all I want to do, I have put on 5 lbs since quitting. I have to get into some walking and exercise. I am not over weight even now, but I don't want to be.
Hawk-02
Hawk-o-holic

United States
10/13/2012 12:09 AM

Report Abusive Post

Smoking is IMO harder to quit than a lot of other drugs. I knew someone in rehab for drugs, and all that person begged for was a cigarette. No joke. The eating thing is all I want to do, I have put on 5 lbs since quitting. I have to get into some walking and exercise. I am not over weight even now, but I don't want to be.

I quit drinking for 9 weeks this spring, easy as pie, went to the gym, worked out, ate right, felt great, but I could not give up the smoking.
Pickle Suprise!
Elzop

United States
10/13/2012 12:13 AM
Report Abusive Post

Try scuba diving. Not a chance of smoking there and it's a workout.
Yeah I'm so high-metabolism I cannot gain weight. 165lbs for life.
Hawk-02
Hawk-o-holic

United States
10/13/2012 12:17 AM

Report Abusive Post

Yeah. Or tell yourself you are going to run marathon and dedicate yourself to training. You will feel great and have something better to do then lighting up.
Pickle Suprise!
Desert Fox  (OP)

United States
10/13/2012 12:22 AM
Report Abusive Post

I quit drinking for 9 weeks this spring, easy as pie, went to the gym, worked out, ate right, felt great, but I could not give up the smoking.

Believe me I know.
Desert Fox  (OP)

United States
10/13/2012 12:24 AM
Report Abusive Post

I would just smoke like crazy when I got on shore.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14332235
United States
10/13/2012 12:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
you picked the wrong day to quit smoking.
Hawk-02
Hawk-o-holic

United States
10/13/2012 12:43 AM

Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14332235

But thank god he is still sniffing glue.
Pickle Suprise!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14332235
United States
10/13/2012 12:45 AM
Report Abusive Post

But thank god he is still sniffing glue.

we keep that on the dl around here.
Desert Fox  (OP)

United States
10/13/2012 12:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

Why??/
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11332100
United States
10/13/2012 01:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Been clean since april of this year. Too easy.
Desert Fox  (OP)

United States
10/13/2012 01:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
Been clean since april of this year. Too easy.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11332100

It was really easy for me when I quit a few years ago, but my cravings are a little more pesky this time. Good for you friend.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25471725
United States
10/13/2012 01:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
2 weeks??? dude you're done.

you'd be a complete fool to go back now after all that torture.

now never have another tobacco product.

EVER. OK?? OK..
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25141269

I need more time, still have cravings. maybe i wouldn't if I kept taking the meds, but they have bad side effects I am told.

ABSOLUTELY DO NOT TAKE THE CHANTIX!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on quitting, tho. When I tried Chantix (5 days) it raised my blood sugar 80 points - and it took over a year to bring it back down to normal.

I relapsed to smoking, but going to try again in about 2 weeks. My last time the craving got worse the third week.

I have heard that accupuncture helps with cravings. May give that a shot this time as well.

Congrats again. Keep at it.
Desert Fox  (OP)

United States
10/13/2012 01:22 AM
Report Abusive Post

EVER. OK?? OK..

I need more time, still have cravings. maybe i wouldn't if I kept taking the meds, but they have bad side effects I am told.

Congrats on quitting, tho. When I tried Chantix (5 days) it raised my blood sugar 80 points - and it took over a year to bring it back down to normal.

I relapsed to smoking, but going to try again in about 2 weeks. My last time the craving got worse the third week.

I have heard that accupuncture helps with cravings. May give that a shot this time as well.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25471725

I agree it is dangerous drug, but I had to do something, and got off it in 9 days. I am in my third week after I had my last cig. and cravings are pretty strong. I will not give in tho, I wont.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25471725
United States
10/13/2012 01:31 AM
Report Abusive Post

EVER. OK?? OK..

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25471725

I agree it is dangerous drug, but I had to do something, and got off it in 9 days. I am in my third week after I had my last cig. and cravings are pretty strong. I will not give in tho, I wont.

Good for you!!!!!! If you have a family history of diabetes, I do suggest you check your sugar levels.

GLP