Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,030 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 486,854
Pageviews Today: 829,582Threads Today: 365Posts Today: 5,550
10:42 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Must See: Crude oil now covers much of giant sinkhole — Flowing into surrounding area (ENHANCED PHOTO)

ehecatl

User ID: 25245811
Mexico
10/14/2012 12:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Must See: Crude oil now covers much of giant sinkhole — Flowing into surrounding area (ENHANCED PHOTO)
"Oil that is"

"Black Gold"

"Texas Tea"

"Well the first thing ya know ol Jed's a millionaire..."

Oh? I guess it is not considered a positive thing anymore? Well, I doubt if anyone like old Jed will profit off of this one anyhow.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24945571
United States
10/14/2012 12:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Must See: Crude oil now covers much of giant sinkhole — Flowing into surrounding area (ENHANCED PHOTO)
Here's a question. I know they are flaring, what is the chance of those flares igniting the gas pocket?
 Quoting: d1k

"...it has Assumption Parish sheriff and local residents ordered to evacuate worried about a catastrophic explosion, one according to scientists in an Examiner investigation, would be in the range of one and a half B83 thermonuclear (hydrogen) bombs."
[link to www.examiner.com]
Digital mix guy

User ID: 22103997
United States
10/14/2012 12:08 AM

Report Abusive Post
hmmm
Have no fear, Spock is here!!! LLAP
d1k

User ID: 23750037
Canada
10/14/2012 12:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here's a question. I know they are flaring, what is the chance of those flares igniting the gas pocket?

"...it has Assumption Parish sheriff and local residents ordered to evacuate worried about a catastrophic explosion, one according to scientists in an Examiner investigation, would be in the range of one and a half B83 thermonuclear (hydrogen) bombs."
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24945571

Ya I've read what they think the explosion would be like but my question is what are the chances of that flaring going on (more than one site) igniting the whole damn thing? What kind of safety precautions do these flaring sites have, if any? Anyone ever do this type of work and can tell us?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23688464
United States
10/14/2012 12:39 AM
Report Abusive Post

Ya I've read what they think the explosion would be like but my question is what are the chances of that flaring going on (more than one site) igniting the whole damn thing? What kind of safety precautions do these flaring sites have, if any? Anyone ever do this type of work and can tell us?

explosion
NO SHEEPLES

User ID: 15684211
Canada
10/14/2012 12:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
shame on these murderer elite bastards and shame on this fucking humanity !
pooppooppooppooppooppooppooppooppooppoop
NO SHEEPLES
Lole Ibn Plutoon

User ID: 25301667
United States
10/14/2012 12:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
can we set it on fire?
"No matter how exotic human civilization becomes, no matter the developments of life and society nor the complexity of the machine/human interface, there always come interludes of lonely power when the course of humankind, depends upon the relatively simple actions of single individuals."
~Tleilaxu Godbuk
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21931562
United States
10/14/2012 12:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
A thick slick of crude oil can be seen covering much of the sinkhole [...] oil and water can be seen flowing from the sinkhole into the adjacent environment.

[link to enenews.com]
 Quoting: CASCABEL

It's beautiful! It looks like the expanding universe. Would make a magnificent oil on canvas.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6139196
United States
10/14/2012 12:58 AM
Report Abusive Post

Don't know what precautions, especially given the 15-minute, 40-foot-high flare they had recently.

I understand they're moving the butane to a cavern further away, but that could take up to a year to complete. And, if this is anything like gasoline, the vapors are more dangerous than the actual gasoline (a full tank is less likely to explode than one hardly filled), and so even if they clear the whole thing out, the vapors, I would imagine, could still ignite. But, I'm no expert in this area. I don't know what happens with butane vapor at those depths. I think it's reasonably safe because it's an oxygen-deprived environment. Still, there must be some risk if they'd go through all the trouble of moving all that butane to another cavern.

As a side note, I used to sell butane lighters and once had a whole case catch fire in a car. Big fireball that blew out the hatchback. It was very similar to this:

I guess you'd basically take the explosion in that video and multiply it by a few million to equal what's in one of those caverns, lol.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18962231
United States
10/14/2012 01:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
Crude oil and seawater. Quit asking about matching the samples. That has been done, a long time ago. They don't want you knowing the result because that only leads to the inevitable question, "How do we fix it?"

We don't.

You were warned.

Dawgs right again.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25524761
United States
10/14/2012 01:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
"Oil that is"

"Black Gold"

"Texas Tea"

"Well the first thing ya know ol Jed's a millionaire..."

Oh? I guess it is not considered a positive thing anymore? Well, I doubt if anyone like old Jed will profit off of this one anyhow.
 Quoting: ehecatl

And Jed didn't even WANT to profit.

He was happier in his cabin in the woods. Simple life.

People today should take a proper lesson from Jed Clampett.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25528580
United States
10/14/2012 01:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Now someone needs to check it's FINGERPRINT and see if there is a match with the unweathered crude coming out of the MACONDO WELL!
 Quoting: Childoflight 11707592

that was my next question is it from BP oil spill Macondo?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25481352

bumpbumpbump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25507426
Italy
10/14/2012 01:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
A thick slick of crude oil can be seen covering much of the sinkhole [...] oil and water can be seen flowing from the sinkhole into the adjacent environment.

[link to enenews.com]

Throw a lighter in there and see what happens!
amachiavellian

User ID: 20940257
Canada
10/14/2012 01:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Federal officials have approved a joint plan from BP and Transocean to identify the source of a sheen in the Gulf Of Mexico associated with the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.

Officials said in a news release late Friday that the federal on-site coordinator approved the joint plan on Thursday. Coast Guard Capt. Duke Walker had required the plan, and federal officials had informed BP and Transocean they might be held responsible for the costs of identifying the source and the cleanup.
[link to www.usatoday.com]
 Quoting: Nika

Absurd. Face it, we're never going to know what the hell is going on until they want us too.

I'm just going to keep posting this video. Not because I'm a huge JV fan, but because of what they found. It really is unbelievable.

27:35 or if you're really impatient, 31:20

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20940257

Quoting: amachiavellian

— read for knowledge, not answers.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25091451
United States
10/14/2012 01:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
.so they were drilling a hole to measure some gas shit and stopped?
and now drilling another?

or,

are they just drilling multiple vent shafts? oxygen shafts. several chimney chutes. in calculated areas. to reduce the affects of the splosion?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10957384
United States
10/14/2012 01:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Media blackout on the whole situation. Someone call 60 minutes and see if they will investigate.
 Quoting: Light to Go

bump

Good Idea.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13127957

You guys do realize the same elite people who own stakes in BP, Texas Brine, and Halliburton also own stakes in Viacom/CBS/60 Minutes?

If this sinkhole is a ticking time bomb, the mainstream media will not report it.

They are aware of it and are probably think tanking how to spin this story if and when it goes big time bad. Hell they may even let it go critical if they stand to profit off it in some way.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25530055
Turkey
10/14/2012 01:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Who should've think Oil ( which they claimed millions of lives for it) will be the end of USA.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25529676
United States
10/14/2012 02:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
Now someone needs to check it's FINGERPRINT and see if there is a match with the unweathered crude coming out of the MACONDO WELL!
 Quoting: Childoflight 11707592

That's what I am wondering...is this shit a tiny little leak of the gigantic area of highly pressurrized oil and natural gas under the GOM that is going to vaporize the SE US?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25529676
United States
10/14/2012 02:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
I can't even imagine the power, but it would be tremendous.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9474835
United States
10/14/2012 02:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Media blackout on the whole situation. Someone call 60 minutes and see if they will investigate.

bump

Good Idea.

You guys do realize the same elite people who own stakes in BP, Texas Brine, and Halliburton also own stakes in Viacom/CBS/60 Minutes?

If this sinkhole is a ticking time bomb, the mainstream media will not report it.

They are aware of it and are probably think tanking how to spin this story if and when it goes big time bad. Hell they may even let it go critical if they stand to profit off it in some way.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10957384

:jaynodaot:

:signpost_bump:
RazorswitLazers

User ID: 25528232
United States
10/14/2012 02:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yeah, we're pretty fucked.
sideways
"Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted." -John Lennon
amachiavellian

Canada
10/14/2012 02:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yeah, we're pretty fucked.
sideways
 Quoting: RazorswitLazers

I sure don't see it ending well.
scorpio66

User ID: 2453057
United States
10/14/2012 02:25 AM
Report Abusive Post

bump

Good Idea.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10957384

This would be another one of those chilling moments I referenced in my summary post earlier.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9739208
Spain
10/14/2012 02:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Looks like the space between the upper crust and lower one of the earths surface in certain areas is getting soft.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/14/2012 02:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
.so they were drilling a hole to measure some gas shit and stopped?
and now drilling another?

or,

are they just drilling multiple vent shafts? oxygen shafts. several chimney chutes. in calculated areas. to reduce the affects of the splosion?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25091451

nobody has no negative response regarding these theory ??

pyramid air-shaft ass-hat?

Khufu vent underground.
amachiavellian

Canada
10/14/2012 02:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
Looks like the space between the upper crust and lower one of the earths surface in certain areas is getting soft.
 Quoting: wildhoney

Yes, but why?
Watdhel

User ID: 25530360
United States
10/14/2012 02:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
It is pretty weird none of mainstream media is reporting much on this. Then again it is pretty spooky- no one has any answers on how to fix it.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/14/2012 02:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
homeys probably located a underground pyramid associated with atlantis.

wonder witch angels they drilled. a homie like me is stayin in that king chambers tonight.

that puddle has 190% itself in size in the last week. plus OIL.

earthquakes suck on flat-land. swamp-land is worse.

saturate it.
amachiavellian

Canada
10/14/2012 02:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
It is pretty weird none of mainstream media is reporting much on this. Then again it is pretty spooky- no one has any answers on how to fix it.
 Quoting: Watdhel

You don't say?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7261678
United States
10/14/2012 02:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
good video, what ever happened to Jesse?

He's around, but here awhile back he was threatening to move out of the country because he's so disgusted by what's going on.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25510440

He was on piers Morgan recently too, Jesse took over the show and had piers Morgan's crowd turn on him...pretty good interview!

GLP