Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,546 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 345,593
Pageviews Today: 553,117Threads Today: 171Posts Today: 3,254
07:07 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

I often think people are talking about me in code, am I crazy?

Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 25226664
Australia
10/14/2012 08:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: I often think people are talking about me in code, am I crazy?
Hi op. I experienced pretty much the same thing a couple of years ago. It was not fun at times, I couldn't seem to escape it. Didn't matter where I would go there was always messages directed at me...
The radio, tv, family, friends or phone calls from strangers... Debt collectors.
Scared the hell out of me.

I still hear things but no where near as much. I feel like I learned from my experience and in a strange way miss it a little.. Lol
 Quoting: Spickets

It's good to know there are people out there who have experienced the same thing as me, even though its a bad thing. How exactly did you get over it?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25540181
Canada
10/14/2012 08:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
op in this day and age you need to get medicated.. there really is no easy way out of the trip you are on really.. you just gotta hang in their and do your time.. talk to family and seek the help you need before it gets out of hand and you get caught up in the system.. take care
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18645917
United States
10/14/2012 08:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
It always seems so real, and always directly correlates with my actions, if only I had a video recorder and went point by point through one of these convosations, you would see it from my view. Do I have special powers?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25226664

Are you interesting? Something to share?
stella stevens

User ID: 25493086
Canada
10/14/2012 08:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
I feel the same way op
I think people are always talking and laughing
at/about me. but not in code.
Dark_Green

User ID: 25344061
United States
10/14/2012 08:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
seriously, keep a check on it. what you describe is a sign of 1) too much weed or 2) schizophrenia

just back off what's stressing you a bit and make sure you stay connected with real people. they can give you feedback. and back off from drugs that mess with your mind like anti depressants (see your doctor on how to quit) dope, weed, alcohol, etc.

go for a drug free mind and less stress, more human connections
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5302518
United Kingdom
10/14/2012 08:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Okay, one example, I'll speak to them in a way that i feel is out of character, distant, and judgemental, a way i come across when I am in a paranoid mood, and then ill hear them (parents) talking in the kitchen about the food, and say a really obvious question like "is that the casserole" or something (not the best example, its hard to think of one strangely, as they are all so profound at the time), and then i will interpret this as them seeking confirmation with each other about my mindstate and relationship with them, as in what type of person i am or i have begun, i feel like people dont know me and are constantly evaluating me because i am quite inconsistent, unlike how i used to be. ill try to think of some more.

thanks for the replys ppl

You`re indeed somewhat spaced-out, but everyone has phases like that. You probably drunk much lately, haven`t slept enough or well, etc.

Remain calm, and develop a habbit of observing the thoughts you have. Don`t have them/recieve them/think them. Do not try to analyze them, just observe and acknowledge them, and then let them pass.

Like, imagine your real self deep down inside of you, and all thoughts that are coming in on a Screen in your head. Do not get emotionally attached to them. They don`t refer/belong to "You". They refer to things you said, you did, etc.

That will make it easier to deal with them, and also easier to eventually figure them out.

This is a technique for meditation and ego-control. They will help you as well.

And people talking in "code" using everday language, isn`t some phenomenon that purely exists in the head of a shizophrenic. Its very real. Kids do it all the time. Hell, they often exclusively talk in codes the whole day.

And propably it is not "always about you", but the last ten times you payed attention, it indeed was about you. Just had a streak. Happens.
Probably your behaviour lately was somewhat out of the ordinary, or people just don`t have anything better to talk about.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25541778
Australia
10/14/2012 08:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
you need to let it go or it will ruin your life. here's what you do.. make fun of everybody you come across in your mind.. direct what you have the other way
since1983
User ID: 25047532
United States
10/14/2012 08:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Maybe you're referring to this; the Axis Mundi, but let me doubt of it, because if it was the case you wouldn't ask for it here, anyway here's the definition.

The axis mundi (also cosmic axis, world axis, world pillar and center of the world) is a symbol representing the center of the world where the heaven (sky) connects with the earth. Different cultures represent the axis mundi by varied symbols such as a natural object (a mountain, a tree, a vine, a stalk, a column of smoke or fire) or of a product of human manufacture (a staff, a tower, a ladder, a staircase, a maypole, a cross, a steeple, a rope, a totem pole, a pillar, a spire). Its proximity to heaven may carry implications that are chiefly religious (pagoda, temple mount, church) or secular (obelisk, minaret, lighthouse, rocket, skyscraper).[1] Additionally, the axis mundi may be feminine (an umbilical providing nourishment), masculine (a phallus providing insemination into a uterus), or neither (e.g the omphalos (navel).[2]

The axis mundi features prominently in cultures utilizing shamanic practices or those with animist belief systems. Yet it also appears in the most technologically advanced cultures—wherever the impulse persists to link a tower with the idea of a "world center."

[link to www.newworldencyclopedia.org]
Barry_Soetoro

User ID: 23945092
United States
10/14/2012 09:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
seriously, keep a check on it. what you describe is a sign of 1) too much weed or 2) schizophrenia

just back off what's stressing you a bit and make sure you stay connected with real people. they can give you feedback. and back off from drugs that mess with your mind like anti depressants (see your doctor on how to quit) dope, weed, alcohol, etc.

go for a drug free mind and less stress, more human connections
 Quoting: Dark_Green

I've experienced what OP is talking about and weed definately enhances it. But schizophrenia? Kiss my ass.

Hey, OP, are you a pot head? If so, weed isn't for everyone. I discovered that for myself.

There's like a dozen different types of "diagnosed" personality disorders. This would fall under the catergory of a few of them. But who gives a shit? We're all crazy.

Last Edited by Barry_Soetoro on 10/14/2012 09:21 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15094328
Canada
10/14/2012 09:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
It always seems so real, and always directly correlates with my actions, if only I had a video recorder and went point by point through one of these convosations, you would see it from my view. Do I have special powers?

Do not worry, this is common and normal. You will find it difficult to record because a part are things you just notice people saying, and another part is where your mind reaches in and fetches stray thoughts from those around you. Instead of worrying about recording it, listen intently and write gown the gist of what you heard afterwards.
Barry_Soetoro

User ID: 23945092
United States
10/14/2012 09:23 AM
Report Abusive Post

Do not worry, this is common and normal. You will find it difficult to record because a part are things you just notice people saying, and another part is where your mind reaches in and fetches stray thoughts from those around you. Instead of worrying about recording it, listen intently and write gown the gist of what you heard afterwards.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 15094328

So people such as myself and OP are actually psychic?! I knew it!!!!

5a
Spickets

User ID: 25523042
Australia
10/14/2012 09:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hi op. I experienced pretty much the same thing a couple of years ago. It was not fun at times, I couldn't seem to escape it. Didn't matter where I would go there was always messages directed at me...
The radio, tv, family, friends or phone calls from strangers... Debt collectors.
Scared the hell out of me.

I still hear things but no where near as much. I feel like I learned from my experience and in a strange way miss it a little.. Lol

It's good to know there are people out there who have experienced the same thing as me, even though its a bad thing. How exactly did you get over it?

It did my head in for a fair while.
I confronted a couple of close friends on separate occasions about what it was they were talking about ( in code). They didn't know what I was talking about. This was very humiliating.
It continued even with those friends, it seemed as though I shouldn't have asked and I was a dumbass.

Some of the messages related to bad choices I had made in the past and had swept under the rug... All the stuff in the back of my mind, my baggage had come back to teach me a lesson.

Caused me a lot of stress at home and work.
Ended up seeing a shrink and going on medication for psychosis. The meds took me out of the worst of it.
I stopped taking them after 2 months. I really didn't like to be on 'meds'

I think it was the recreational drugs I had taken that made it bad. I haven't done any drugs since and I try to make better choices and not be selfish.
As I said I still hear it a bit but It doesn't worry me.

Use it to look at yourself and become a better person.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
10/14/2012 09:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Okay, one example, I'll speak to them in a way that i feel is out of character, distant, and judgemental, a way i come across when I am in a paranoid mood, and then ill hear them (parents) talking in the kitchen about the food, and say a really obvious question like "is that the casserole" or something (not the best example, its hard to think of one strangely, as they are all so profound at the time), and then i will interpret this as them seeking confirmation with each other about my mindstate and relationship with them, as in what type of person i am or i have begun, i feel like people dont know me and are constantly evaluating me because i am quite inconsistent, unlike how i used to be. ill try to think of some more.

thanks for the replys ppl

Oh yes, when they speak of normal things like that, trying to make it sound casual, it is because they are nervous inside, just in case you can reach in and hear their stray thoughts, and are trying to hide it. They want to be as casual as possible so as not to attract your attention to what they are thinking. They have been together so long that they have developed an understanding of each other, and understand little signs, that most others would not see.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
10/14/2012 09:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
. . .
I confronted a couple of close friends on separate occasions about what it was they were talking about ( in code). They didn't know what I was talking about. This was very humiliating.
It continued even with those friends, it seemed as though I shouldn't have asked and I was a dumbass.

. . .

If people are talking about you in coded language, it means they have something to hide. Of course they will deny and try really hard to put it back on you. When you confront people you let them know that you know, and they will drift away to be replaced by others. Instead of confronting people keep the cards in your hand. Get a journal and write down what you hear and suspect, so that you will have a clearer memory later on when you watch how they behave.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19984340
United States
10/14/2012 09:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
...-....-..---...-....---.--.----..
Just Some Guy

User ID: 1235825
United States
10/14/2012 09:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Oh ya, we're talking about you all the time.
On and on, and on we just talk about you.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25542916
United Kingdom
10/14/2012 09:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Oh ya, we're talking about you all the time.
On and on, and on we just talk about you.
 Quoting: Just Some Guy

You were supposed to be talking about me you bitch. I sent you your damn pay cheque on time.
Sirpipsalot
User ID: 25519633
United States
10/14/2012 09:39 AM
Report Abusive Post

No you're just Batshit Crazy.babymeds
oLOVEz
User ID: 25426766
United States
10/14/2012 09:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Try this...

Flip the negative,
Multiply the positive.

You may have been 'tapped' into by an angel or something who is trying to communicate with you.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25047532
United States
10/14/2012 09:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Or try this,

Thread: How can I stop being so self-absorbed I literally think the world revolves around me?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24263484
United States
10/14/2012 09:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
6-2 & even, over & out.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23751949
United Kingdom
10/14/2012 09:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
It could be the subconscious part of the brain highlighting something that you need to know.

I had a patch where this happened but rather than what people said it was more words or pictures that stood out.

I also seemed to be reading messages in the Telegraph cross word.

I later found out there are messages there.Put there deliberately.

Try and treat it as a bit of a joke from the universe to you.

It is quite frightening when the subconscious takes over.

I found that I was driving to my destination unable to remember the journey.

I was worried but what seemed to have happened that instead of monitoring every move in driving the car I had done this so often it had become like breathing or walking, say.

The main thing is not to panic and worry.

It could be the cosmic joker who invents particles for physicists trying to interact with you ...Only joking.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10393879
United States
10/14/2012 10:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
two down seventeen trucks will run up sky wall
oLOVEz
User ID: 25426766
United States
10/14/2012 10:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
Lock to light night, thou silent yet thunder speaks.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
10/14/2012 12:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
It could be the subconscious part of the brain highlighting something that you need to know.

I had a patch where this happened but rather than what people said it was more words or pictures that stood out.

I also seemed to be reading messages in the Telegraph cross word.

I later found out there are messages there.Put there deliberately.

Try and treat it as a bit of a joke from the universe to you.

It is quite frightening when the subconscious takes over.

I found that I was driving to my destination unable to remember the journey.

I was worried but what seemed to have happened that instead of monitoring every move in driving the car I had done this so often it had become like breathing or walking, say.

The main thing is not to panic and worry.

It could be the cosmic joker who invents particles for physicists trying to interact with you ...Only joking.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23751949

When we talk about subconscious, we are speaking of things going on in our minds at the threshold of our ability to be aware of it. Yet the mind is hugely complex with things going on well below our ability to be aware of it. Things we do not know for sure, but suspect. The human mind may be able to pick up energies from others and may try to make sense of signals and images before they are presented to the minds eye. We have no real idea, just speculation about what goes on below our threshold of awareness. But you can be pretty sure that your mind has processed a lot of information before presenting an image of say, a coded message" to the conscious minds eye.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
10/14/2012 12:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Coded message could mean lots of things.

With me some things written or drawn seemed to have more meaning than others and what they meant at face value.

Say shrub .It is a plant .I used to call bush a shrub. So if someone says bush to me I could think they meant Bush .The great leader.
So the bush is dead in general conversation could mean the great leader is dead.

We do not know what the op's code is .

Though someone could just be teasing
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
10/14/2012 12:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Or something appears highlighted.Then later I remember and wonder why? Sometimes I would not know and feel haunted very slightly by the thought and the memory of the thought of something known and half forgotten.Joining the dots too somehow.
oLOVEz
User ID: 340400
United States
10/19/2012 09:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
YOU+ARE+1+OFFERED+1+GIVE+ME+9+2+1=12=+THROUGH+CHRIST+FOR+GAVE​+ONE+REQUEST+TO+DESIRE+LIFE+INTELLIGENT+FOR+ACCEPT+1+PLUS+ALW​AYS=THROUGH+3=EQUAL=+NOW+3+DESIRE+GAVE+ME+INSTANT+4+WHOLE+ONE​+THROUGH+UP+RIGHT=YOU+PLUS+NEED+1+INTRODUCTION+FREEDOM+2+7=+L​IFE+=+AND+PROVE+THROUGH+FAITH+3=+FREE+=+WILL+YOU+SEE+3+I+NEED​+2+4+GIVE+THEM+NOW=+++
Hitokiri

User ID: 5840997
United States
10/19/2012 10:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Crazy
"We learn from history that we learn nothing from history." - George Bernard Shaw
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 322602
United States
10/19/2012 10:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Its this here internet of ours and the hive mind. Its real you aren\'t crazy just get on with it :)

GLP