Jesus lied - period.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20512756
United States
10/14/2012 09:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Jesus lied - period.
No matter how you look at it, how you stumble around desperately trying to figure a way to get around it, the "end" was supposed to have come 2000 years ago. Simply put, it never happened. Paul was wrong, and every attempt to straighten this mess out - failed. Modern, unbiased, biblical scholars know this, but the people refuse to see it.

“For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done. Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

When they persecute you in one town, flee to the next, for truly, I say to you, you will not have gone through all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/14/2012 09:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Jesus lied - period.
chuckle you gotta love it.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/14/2012 09:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
laugh
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25526017
United States
10/14/2012 09:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
What do you mean he said he was coming back with the sword to kill billions, overturn all governments and oversee armeggedon. this is exactly what is happening....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1419030
United States
10/14/2012 09:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20512756

Yea. I love idiots make fools of themselves because they are too goddamned stupid , lazy and reprobate to actually GOOGLE the answer to their stupid asked a hundred times question.

I bet you think you are a smart one.
charlottehulse1941@ms​n.com
User ID: 24075997
United States
10/14/2012 09:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
No matter how you look at it, how you stumble around desperately trying to figure a way to get around it, the "end" was supposed to have come 2000 years ago. Simply put, it never happened. Paul was wrong, and every attempt to straighten this mess out - failed. Modern, unbiased, biblical scholars know this, but the people refuse to see it.

“For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done. Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

When they persecute you in one town, flee to the next, for truly, I say to you, you will not have gone through all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Many different people have added a sentence here, and a paragraph ther, to ruin the scriptures validity. Why do you think Martin Luthor hated the Jews for.Find out here.
[link to www.humanitas-international.org]

He did not lie. Israel was scattered all over the known world for more than 8 hundred years when Jesus said what He said. They were carried off by the Assyrians. The people who lived in Judah at the time of Jesus were a mix of Judeans [tribe of Judah] and Edomite converts, called Jews[Esau] Why do you think Paul was instructed to go to Europe and help them? Some were sent to the land of the Medes, Iran now, if you read your bible and pay attention you'll notice prophesys about Ephraim also speaks of Damascus in the latter days.

Isaiah 17:2 The cities of Aroer are forsaken: they shall be for flocks, which shall lie down, and none shall make them afraid.

3 The fortress also shall cease from Ephraim, and the kingdom from Damascus, and the remnant of Syria: they shall be as the glory of the children of Israel, saith the Lord of hosts.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/14/2012 09:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
You can jump, and hop, and skip, and dance - but the last 3 drops always go in your pants laugh

This was supposed to have happened 2000 years ago - it never happened.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1106916
United States
10/14/2012 09:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

John saw it, in a vision, which is what we call the book of Revelation. He saw it before he died.

Jesus didn't lie, just man didn't understand what He said. Most men still don't get it.
stars

User ID: 17867407
United States
10/14/2012 09:38 AM
Report Abusive Post

Simply put the world will not end until gods time is up, in 2000 years from now.... ish. Just change.
Or maybe your all dead and you dont know it, or do you?
He is just now setting up his foundations on earth.yoda
stars
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/14/2012 09:39 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yea. I love idiots make fools of themselves because they are too goddamned stupid , lazy and reprobate to actually GOOGLE the answer to their stupid asked a hundred times question.

I bet you think you are a smart one.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1419030

I have read the pitiful attempts to get around this conundrum ... the picture is simple - it was expected back then - and it never happened.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18847658
United States
10/14/2012 09:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

John saw it, in a vision, which is what we call the book of Revelation. He saw it before he died.

Jesus didn't lie, just man didn't understand what He said. Most men still don't get it.
 Quoting: Lisa*Lisa

So did Steven in acts.

Also
2 Peter 3:9

King James Version (KJV)

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/14/2012 09:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Lets add what Norman Perinn had to say:

In 1 Thessalonians the parousia, the coming of Jesus from heaven as apocalyptic judge and redeemer, is imminent. When Paul speaks of "we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord" (1 Thes 4:15), he clearly expects the event in his own lifetime. But 2 Thes 2:3-12 sets out an elaborate program of what must first happen before that event can occur. Not only has the apocalyptic imagery changed, but the whole tenor of the expectation is different.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20699474
United States
10/14/2012 09:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
What do you mean he said he was coming back with the sword to kill billions, overturn all governments and oversee armeggedon. this is exactly what is happening....
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25526017

If that's the case then there has been a big deal made of "Armageddon" all for nothing and made to sound much worse than it actually is.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/14/2012 09:46 AM
Report Abusive Post

Ahh - the book of revelation - written on the isle where shrooms grow wild laugh
Manu-Koelbren

User ID: 25445066
Spain
10/14/2012 09:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Every religtard for 2000 years has been expecting the end to happen in their lifetime. It's a generalized schizophrenic delusion..
Banned as usual.

“It is far easier to be a weakling than to be a Real Man. Were the Earth less harsh or the circumstances of life less austere, man would destroy himself before the shrine of the languid goddess. Only Real Men can with safety destroy the tangled forests and wilderness of Earth and make from them gardens, but will those who inherit the gardens be Real Men? The law decrees that they must be, or the wilderness will reclaim its own.”
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/14/2012 09:50 AM
Report Abusive Post

If that's the case then there has been a big deal made of "Armageddon" all for nothing and made to sound much worse than it actually is.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20699474

This entire picture was an epic failure, but because people could not fathom the fact that "god" got it wrong ... it continued in confusion and as usual, multiple interpretations of the text.

It was Constantine who boxed this all up and because of this the doctrine was kept alive for the next 1700 years as the catholic church. We were mentally screwed.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25140339
United States
10/14/2012 09:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
OP, the blindness that God puts on people can be incredible. The verse you quote is;
Matthew 16:28  Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

But right in the next chapter, this is fulfilled by Peter, James, and John when they hear the Father telling them to "hear" i.e. obey His Son Jesus. This established the Kingship of Jesus.

Matthew 17:1  ¶And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
2  And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
3  And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.
4  Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
5  While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
6  And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.
7  And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.
8  And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25526017
United States
10/14/2012 09:55 AM
Report Abusive Post

This entire picture was an epic failure, but because people could not fathom the fact that "god" got it wrong ... it continued in confusion and as usual, multiple interpretations of the text.

It was Constantine who boxed this all up and because of this the doctrine was kept alive for the next 1700 years as the catholic church. We were mentally screwed.

If God is God they how could he get it wrong...? if he is omnipresent and can see the past present and future... how could he get it wrong? Kinda arrogant?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25530509
South Africa
10/14/2012 09:59 AM
Report Abusive Post

You know it's bullshit but you're so far goe you just can't turn back.
That would mean your christian years were a waste (which of course, they are) and you just couldn't deal with that.
There are some pretty crazy religions and beliefs out there,
but christianity is by far the craziest.
None of it makes any sense and the contradictions are just mind boggling.
I can tell you now, you're going to be waiting for jesus until the day you die.
Guaranteed :-)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13199962
United States
10/14/2012 09:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Jesus is only for those that need salvation.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/14/2012 10:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
OP, the blindness that God puts on people can be incredible. The verse you quote is;
Matthew 16:28  Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

But right in the next chapter, this is fulfilled by Peter, James, and John when they hear the Father telling them to "hear" i.e. obey His Son Jesus. This established the Kingship of Jesus.

Matthew 17:1  ¶And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
2  And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
4  Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
5  While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
6  And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.
7  And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25140339

I have read this approach, and it's wrong.

The base idea still stands, has been identified by biblical scholars, and boils down to one simple idea best explained by Paul himself:

"... we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord" (1 Thes 4:15)

It was believed "the end" was coming 2000 years ago - it never happened. 2 Thes. was not written by Paul, and this has been proven. The picture was deliberately changed because people were starting to wonder WTF was going on.

This is why the line - "Where is the promise of his coming?"
Manu-Koelbren

User ID: 25445066
Spain
10/14/2012 10:02 AM
Report Abusive Post

7  And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be ngot afraid.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25140339

Let's get more specific then shall we?

“Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.”
Banned as usual.

“It is far easier to be a weakling than to be a Real Man. Were the Earth less harsh or the circumstances of life less austere, man would destroy himself before the shrine of the languid goddess. Only Real Men can with safety destroy the tangled forests and wilderness of Earth and make from them gardens, but will those who inherit the gardens be Real Men? The law decrees that they must be, or the wilderness will reclaim its own.”
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20699474
United States
Report Abusive Post

If God is God they how could he get it wrong...? if he is omnipresent and can see the past present and future... how could he get it wrong? Kinda arrogant?

You could argue that he changed his mind, changed his plans, and would have that right to do so
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
Report Abusive Post

Very simple - IT WASN'T DATA FROM GOD laugh
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/14/2012 10:04 AM
Report Abusive Post

You could argue that he changed his mind, changed his plans, and would have that right to do so

And you know as well as I, that kind of approach is nothing but mental desperation.
all_the_kings_horses
User ID: 25075472
Japan
10/14/2012 10:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
when some people lie their nose grows longer, when the son of God lies, he wakes up with a period!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24488287
United States
10/14/2012 10:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
You can jump, and hop, and skip, and dance - but the last 3 drops always go in your pants laugh

This was supposed to have happened 2000 years ago - it never happened.
That's only your opinion, not fact. FAIL!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15740069
United States
10/14/2012 10:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
People lie to you about Jesus.

Jesus was a Master Alchemist who could make the Philosopher Stone.

He called it the Eucharist and he gave people the Elixir from the Grail.

When you partake in the bread of life that was also known as his flesh and his blood you will live forever.

He is giving you the fruit from the Tree of Life.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1715786
United States
10/14/2012 10:08 AM
Report Abusive Post

You know it's bullshit but you're so far goe you just can't turn back.
That would mean your christian years were a waste (which of course, they are) and you just couldn't deal with that.
There are some pretty crazy religions and beliefs out there,
but christianity is by far the craziest.
None of it makes any sense and the contradictions are just mind boggling.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25530509

How can a life of helping others and loving your fellow man be a waste?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1106916
United States
10/14/2012 10:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25530509

I will see Him when I die, and possibly before. You will also see Him and you will bow before Him, that's a guarantee.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18057099
United States
10/14/2012 10:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
He was misquoted.
Or
He lied
Or
He meant something else

All of the above challenge the infallibility of the Bible.

GLP