Jesus lied - period.

Patient.Zer0

User ID: 1534311
United States
10/14/2012 11:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Jesus lied - period.
No matter how you look at it, how you stumble around desperately trying to figure a way to get around it, the "end" was supposed to have come 2000 years ago. Simply put, it never happened. Paul was wrong, and every attempt to straighten this mess out - failed. Modern, unbiased, biblical scholars know this, but the people refuse to see it.

“For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done. Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

When they persecute you in one town, flee to the next, for truly, I say to you, you will not have gone through all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20512756

You actually thought this was worth anyone's time? Proclaiming to the world that you are a dim, ignorant human being?

I feel you have accomplished your mission.

I had always wondered how the end times would play out in this nation, I figured we had our heads on straight. However, the hindsight of only a few short years has provided an excellent window on our bleak and devastating future.

The boatload of mob-driven, inbred cheerleaders giving you thumbs up seem to drive home the point.

You will know the mistake you have made shortly.
"It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong."
Richard P. Feynman
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25509524
United States
10/14/2012 11:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
No, Jesus didn't lie. The gospels were written anonymously. No one knows who wrote them. They were given the names "Matthew, Mark, Luke and John" by a Catholic bishop. They could have been written by Harold the goat farmer for all we know. They were given those names bacause the Catholic Church wanted them to have legitimacy. They DON'T. They are made up stories.

and since they are the ONLY sources for info about Jesus...then there's a good chance that the person of Jesus was fiction as well...or based on an Essene holy man of that time period named Joshua who WAS crucified by the Romans.

This is all historical FACT. Just do some research. I did. I used to be a Southern Baptist minister, went to seminary and also believed in the infallibility of the bible.

but I went down the rabbit hole and REALLY researched the history of the bible and early CHristianity....veered from the information that I was spoon fed by the seminaries and actually looked at and read other sources of truth besides those texts I was TOLD to read...

I studies and researched my was right out of a religion.

I still believe in God, but not the "god" of the bible and there's a big question mark as far as an actual historical Jesus.

and BTW....all the earlist Christians were preterists. They ALL believed that Jesus was coming back SOON...like within a few years.

Since he didn't and they all died waiting, the Catholic Church had to do some quick editing of scripture and come up with another doctrine to cover....hence what we have today.

and if you think for a minute me coming to these conclusions was easy. It was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. I gave up a way of life, a ministry, a faith, a church and a paycheck. I've been called heretic, going to hell, evil, deluded etc etc.

But above all else, I am loyal to TRUTH. Once I found out the truth....I couldn't UNKNOW it. Sometimes I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then. Ignorance can be bliss.

Alas.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25509524

I agree, and went through this study for years beginning in '73. Unfortunately, there IS an explanation, the unfortunate part is that no one will believe it. The christian "end times" and "salvation plan" story was based on a belief that has been in circulation for at least 40,000 years. The main idea will never be seen until we realize that "the WOMAN never had a son"! The dying god connection is not old enough to straighten the picture out - we must go beyond Egypt and Sumer, because THEY were the source of the problem.

Expound. What's the original story in your opinion?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17868616
United States
10/14/2012 11:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm just going to add this one point ... the very fact that answers go around and around should show that christians MUST see this as real, despite the existence of data that shows it's wrong. "... we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord" means exactly what it says, and was said by the person who started this belief-circus. It never happened, later writings avoided the fact it never happened, and THAT is typical of how people think.

The existence of data? Where in your little brain did you find this "data?" You are very confused. Or just enjoy arguing without facts to stir up trouble.

angryface
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 20512756
United States
10/14/2012 11:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

John saw it, in a vision, which is what we call the book of Revelation. He saw it before he died.

Jesus didn't lie, just man didn't understand what He said. Most men still don't get it.
 Quoting: Lisa*Lisa

He didn't lie. I take it to mean spirit death or death of soul. We may physically die, but when He returns,all those dead and alive will all kneel before Him. Then when we are judged accordingly, those who were dead in Christ will live and those who died as unbelievers will die a forever soul death.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17868616

FAITH means a belief not based on hard data. We would say: "Just take my word for it."
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/14/2012 11:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm just going to add this one point ... the very fact that answers go around and around should show that christians MUST see this as real, despite the existence of data that shows it's wrong. "... we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord" means exactly what it says, and was said by the person who started this belief-circus. It never happened, later writings avoided the fact it never happened, and THAT is typical of how people think.

The existence of data? Where in your little brain did you find this "data?" You are very confused. Or just enjoy arguing without facts to stir up trouble.

angryface

Ahh - someone who hasn't studied, nor have they read what's is in this thread. Typical.
Patient.Zer0

United States
10/14/2012 11:37 AM
Report Abusive Post

angryface

There is no sense in even trying to deal with these people. They have made their decision based on the cold hard 'facts' of wildly varying opinion and learned material from the far flung corners of the internet.

These are the Google-tards that our world has produced. Young, mouthy pricks who feel they deserve a politically correct, moral high-ground for using big words; and then calling 'Ad Hominem!' without even the slightest idea of it's true meaning.

Stupid as a bricks, and just as dense.
"It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong."
Richard P. Feynman
Patient.Zer0

United States
10/14/2012 11:41 AM
Report Abusive Post

angryface

Ahh - someone who hasn't studied, nor have they read what's is in this thread. Typical.

Ahh - Here is one of those young, elitist pieces of shit now! Yep, typical.
Richard P. Feynman
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/14/2012 11:47 AM
Report Abusive Post

angryface

There is no sense in even trying to deal with these people. They have made their decision based on the cold hard 'facts' of wildly varying opinion and learned material from the far flung corners of the internet.

These are the Google-tards that our world has produced. Young, mouthy pricks who feel they deserve a politically correct, moral high-ground for using big words; and then calling 'Ad Hominem!' without even the slightest idea of it's true meaning.

Quoting: Patient.Zer0

Yes, it's sad to see people like OP. Google-tards! Love it. Yup, I remember my thesis days having to do so without the internet and on a typewriter. Young whipper snappers don't know how easy they have it. But then, they are believing the internet, like you say, which they believe to be pure truth.

OP, I pray you learn the real truth. God told us he is the truth and the way. Lux et Veritas.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/14/2012 11:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
You can't get around it:

John believes “the time is at hand,” and that the things that he writes about in Revelation will “shortly come to pass.” Revelations 1:1-3

Then in Hebrews:

... but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son ...

Jesus would come “in a little while, and will not tarry.” Hebrews 10:37

In 1 Thessalonians 4 Paul stated: “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: And the dead Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air ...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9787765
United States
10/14/2012 11:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
You my dude are a complete moron lol
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/14/2012 11:59 AM
Report Abusive Post

angryface

Yes, it's sad to see people like OP. Google-tards! Love it. Yup, I remember my thesis days having to do so without the internet and on a typewriter. Young whipper snappers don't know how easy they have it. But then, they are believing the internet, like you say, which they believe to be pure truth.

OP, I pray you learn the real truth. God told us he is the truth and the way. Lux et Veritas.

I got news for you. I'm over 50. I didn't google ANYTHING. I researched and did it the old fashioned way. I've got a "religious" library that would make most seminaries jealous. I learned Greek and Hebrew.

Don't come at me with this drivel. Coming to the realization that Christianity was a fraud was the most depressing, soul shattering experience I've had in my life.

I wish it wasn't so. I wish Chrisitanity was true. I was raised to believe. I taught, breathed and lived it for almost 35 years. It was my LIFE. Do you understand that?

You and your ilk have no CLUE what it means to come to a crisis of conscience. Where you have to decide it you are going to continue teaching and preaching information that you know is not true and walk away from your LIFE or just pretend that you don't know anything and go on as before....and NO ONE would know the difference.

That friend, is a HARD decision. One I hope you never have to make.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/14/2012 12:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
You can't get around it:

John believes “the time is at hand,” and that the things that he writes about in Revelation will “shortly come to pass.” Revelations 1:1-3

Then in Hebrews:

In 1 Thessalonians 4 Paul stated: “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: And the dead Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air ...

Yes, dearie, you can get around it. It's called accepting the words of God as truth. You are challenged by that and therefore you will never understand the words of the Lord. When you accept God, you will understand.

angryface
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/14/2012 12:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

angryface

I got news for you. I'm over 50. I didn't google ANYTHING. I researched and did it the old fashioned way. I've got a "religious" library that would make most seminaries jealous. I learned Greek and Hebrew.

Don't come at me with this drivel. Coming to the realization that Christianity was a fraud was the most depressing, soul shattering experience I've had in my life.

I wish it wasn't so. I wish Chrisitanity was true. I was raised to believe. I taught, breathed and lived it for almost 35 years. It was my LIFE. Do you understand that?

You and your ilk have no CLUE what it means to come to a crisis of conscience. Where you have to decide it you are going to continue teaching and preaching information that you know is not true and walk away from your LIFE or just pretend that you don't know anything and go on as before....and NO ONE would know the difference.

Another world heard from...

putin
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/14/2012 12:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
You can't get around it:

Then in Hebrews:

Yes, dearie, you can get around it. It's called accepting the words of God as truth. You are challenged by that and therefore you will never understand the words of the Lord. When you accept God, you will understand.

angryface

Yes - Faith - "Just take my word for it" - no hard data.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/14/2012 12:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

Another world heard from...

putin

From the planet EDUCATION laugh

I'm 63 and have my own library as well - built before the days of the internet - when people read books written by scholars and didn't Google cuz Google didn't exist.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25496249
United Kingdom
10/14/2012 12:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
No matter how you look at it, how you stumble around desperately trying to figure a way to get around it, the "end" was supposed to have come 2000 years ago. Simply put, it never happened. Paul was wrong, and every attempt to straighten this mess out - failed. Modern, unbiased, biblical scholars know this, but the people refuse to see it.

“For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done. Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

When they persecute you in one town, flee to the next, for truly, I say to you, you will not have gone through all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

clappa clappa clappa
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/14/2012 12:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
You can't get around it:

Then in Hebrews:

angryface

Baloney! THe bible is NOT the "word of the Lord"...it's a construct of the early Catholic Church. That's it. It was no more "God breathed" than the Dead Sea Scrolls or the Nag Hamadi gospels. The only reason that churches today believe that is because it was taught as a tenet of the early Catholic Church so that people wouldn't question anything it said. Then they could edit, change and update it at will and no one would DARE question or disobey it. Why do you think that the absolute oldest versions of the "gospels" are from the 3rd century??

There doesn't exist any so called "originals" of the gospels. Do you get that? THEY DON'T EXIST. What came out of the Catholic Church in the 3rd century as books of the bible were written by THEM? The gospels were named "Matthew Mark Luke and John" by a Catholic bishop to give them legitmacy. No one knows who wrote them.

But we do know they aren't any older than the third century and we KNOW that they were named by a Catholic bishop who admitted they were anonymous.

Yet, YOU want to take it on faith that they were "breathed by God" and are the accurate story of a historical Jesus....WHY?? Because the Catholic Church said so?? The Catholic church that is one of the most corrupt, vile institutions ever created?

Give me a break. I've got faith....but not that much.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/14/2012 12:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Makes you wonder why James wrote:

You also, be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/14/2012 12:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Then the verse i Peter I love, because for some reason people believe YOU means people TODAY ...

Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you ...

TO WHOM WAS IT WRITTEN? It was WRITTEN to the people 2000 years ago.
Needles Eye

User ID: 1480101
United States
10/14/2012 12:18 PM
Report Abusive Post

Oh look everybody, it's a swine trampling the pearls.
The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/14/2012 12:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Then too Perter wrote:

The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/14/2012 12:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Then too Perter wrote:

The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray.

Perter? LOL ...Peter chuckle
Star God

User ID: 18056169
United Kingdom
10/14/2012 12:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
jesus is a fucking lier.It is shame humans are worshiping insane human assholes.
Needles Eye

United States
10/14/2012 12:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
2 Peter 3

3 First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.

4 They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”

5 But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water.

6 By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed.

7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1539321
Sweden
10/14/2012 12:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Jesus took it in the bumbum.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/14/2012 12:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.
 Quoting: Needles Eye

Yes - but when we don't throw the context away - we know that "day" was expected 2000 years ago.
Needles Eye

United States
10/14/2012 12:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yes - but when we don't throw the context away - we know that "day" was expected 2000 years ago.

Are you dense? Verse 3 gives the timeframe: "In the last days."

All you are doing is heaping more and more judgment on yourself. You would be wise to repent.

Last Edited by Needles Eye on 10/14/2012 12:32 PM
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/14/2012 12:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

Oh look everybody, it's a swine trampling the pearls.

clappa
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/14/2012 12:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP it's pointless to talk to these believers. I remember when I was eyeball deep into Christianity, I wouldn't have listened to you either.

The indoctrination is way too strong. The fear of losing your faith way too entrenched. It has to be something you come to in your own way and your own time....a little at a time so the shock isn't overwhelming.

I wept for days after I finally had to admit the truth. I so wanted it to just go away. I wanted to go back and UNKNOW what I had found out. I regretted digging too deep.

But what was done was done and I couldn't go back. It's been a few years now and I've picked up the pieces and come to terms with it....and my relationship with GOD is actually sweeter.

I wouldn't want to destroy anyones faith. People need it in these times for stability and comfort...

If believing that Jesus is coming back in their lifetime brings them comfort and peace...I say who cares? As long as they don't try to force me to believe it again.

Sez la vie.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/14/2012 12:35 PM
Report Abusive Post

angryface

Are you dense? Verse 3 gives the timeframe: "In the last days."

All you are doing is heaping more and more judgment on yourself. You would be wise to repent.

Forewarned!! Two believers have warned OP.
Into the pit for OP!

GLP