United States
10/15/2012 10:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
UN warns of looming worldwide food crisis in 2013
More doom from the UN:

• Extreme weather means climate ‘is no longer reliable’
• Rising food prices threaten disaster and unrest

World grain reserves are so dangerously low that severe weather in the United States or other food-exporting countries could trigger a major hunger crisis next year, the United Nations has warned.

Failing harvests in the US, Ukraine and other countries this year have eroded reserves to their lowest level since 1974. The US, which has experienced record heatwaves and droughts in 2012, now holds in reserve a historically low 6.5% of the maize that it expects to consume in the next year, says the UN.

“We’ve not been producing as much as we are consuming. That is why stocks are being run down. Supplies are now very tight across the world and reserves are at a very low level, leaving no room for unexpected events next year,” said Abdolreza Abbassian, a senior economist with the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO). With food consumption exceeding the amount grown for six of the past 11 years, countries have run down reserves from an average of 107 days of consumption 10 years ago to under 74 days recently.

[link to www.pakalertpress.com]
:nose23l36:
SCOTLAND FOREVER
America is the Grand Experiment..Let us not Fail..
Listed Number 1 in the Guinness World Record Book of EXTRA LARGE Steel Balls
Opinions are like Farts..Only the very best linger on and on
Great Men wake up to slay spam tards. Most are content to chase lizards. Therein lies the difference. Live Brave.LIVE FREE.
Murphy is my patron Saint.
I SIGN MY NEG KARMA
THE INQUISADOR  (OP)

User ID: 1577310
United States
10/15/2012 10:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: UN warns of looming worldwide food crisis in 2013
More doom from the UN:

World grain reserves are so dangerously low that severe weather in the United States or other food-exporting countries could trigger a major hunger crisis next year, the United Nations has warned.

Failing harvests in the US, Ukraine and other countries this year have eroded reserves to their lowest level since 1974. The US, which has experienced record heatwaves and droughts in 2012, now holds in reserve a historically low 6.5% of the maize that it expects to consume in the next year, says the UN.

“We’ve not been producing as much as we are consuming. That is why stocks are being run down. Supplies are now very tight across the world and reserves are at a very low level, leaving no room for unexpected events next year,” said Abdolreza Abbassian, a senior economist with the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO). With food consumption exceeding the amount grown for six of the past 11 years, countries have run down reserves from an average of 107 days of consumption 10 years ago to under 74 days recently.

Quoting: THE INQUISADOR

Stock up folks..It's gonna be a bumpy ride
SCOTLAND FOREVER
Great Men wake up to slay spam tards. Most are content to chase lizards. Therein lies the difference. Live Brave.LIVE FREE.
I SIGN MY NEG KARMA
THE INQUISADOR  (OP)

United States
10/15/2012 10:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
More doom from the UN:

Stock up folks..It's gonna be a bumpy ride

We are beginning a new chapter. We will see food unrest in many more places.

SCOTLAND FOREVER
I SIGN MY NEG KARMA
CE1

User ID: 25494905
United States
10/15/2012 10:04 AM

Report Abusive Post
Better familiarize yourself with hydroponics and have "The Seeds"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23334172
United States
10/15/2012 10:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
im seriously getting sick of doom and gloom....

is this world really gonna fuck up soon?

I think most parts of America should be fine?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13384507
Australia
Report Abusive Post
Australia won't run out of food, just means we won't import shit.

and then we will make a killing $$$$ on exports...

but good luck with that....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1667343
United States
Report Abusive Post
More doom from the UN:

Yepper....
Thread: Koyle's Famine has begun -- 3 more bad summers before relief

The messenger explained that there would be winters of heavy snow and big snow drifts after which there would be a mild open winter, but whether that winter was to follow immediately or whether some other winters would be in between, he never explained.

However, immediately following the mild open winter, there would be a hot, dry summer. The crops would come up in the spring, and there would be considerable moisture, and the crops would be glorious (that is the word Bishop used to use.) He saw the wheat would grow up and head out beautifully, and the irrigated wheat would mature, but the dry land wheat would not have enough moisture to fill out.

[link to woodyoubelieveit.blogspot.com]
 Quoting: www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1966484/pg1
THE INQUISADOR  (OP)

United States
10/15/2012 10:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Better familiarize yourself with hydroponics and have "The Seeds"
 Quoting: CE1

They are giving more hints as to how bad this could be, and explains why US farmers are buying land in South America,,
SCOTLAND FOREVER
I SIGN MY NEG KARMA
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5161670
Netherlands
10/15/2012 10:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
So how about stopping using food crops to produce biofuels? How obscene is it that people are starving while 'food' is put into vehicles?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25617326
United States
10/15/2012 10:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
My simple solution, don't eat grains...
Elsabiades...
User ID: 14905290
United States
10/15/2012 10:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
ah, yes...the "culture of life"...we have bred ourselves out of our supplies...intelligent people know that the most important issue (which the politicains will never countenance) is over population....
smilesun

User ID: 25614972
Italy
10/15/2012 10:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
More doom from the UN:

People who live in America rarely consider the need for building up a food supply to offset a national crisis, such as a devastating war or a natural disaster, simply because food in the United States is so readily available and easy to obtain.

However, if something terrible did happen and supermarkets did not remain open, people who planned ahead – like you, for instance – would have the ability to survive and overcome the food shortage. This is not to suggest that Armageddon lies ahead, but it is always wise to prepare for the unexpected and the unforeseen.

And now … you can do just that. A recent article appearing in a survivalist magazine provided the blueprint for building a substantial and nourishing food supply over a 52-week period . Importantly, the foods that can sustain you and your spouse can be bought once each week for about $5 (perhaps a bit more if prices in your area have risen).

Do the math: the cost for building your emergency food supply is going to be very affordable – just $5 per week (approximately) for 52 weeks … a mere $260. That's not a lot of money, especially when you consider that you can spread the cost out over a full year. And, while the foods may not seem exotic or overly enticing to you (see the list below), they will sustain you and your spouse. And they are nutritious. [link to www.offthegridnews.com]
Shogu666

User ID: 1217094
Poland
10/15/2012 10:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
ah, yes...the "culture of life"...we have bred ourselves out of our supplies...intelligent people know that the most important issue (which the politicains will never countenance) is over population....
 Quoting: Elsabiades... 14905290

Not overpopulation ( just yet ) but shitty capitalistic-wasteful lifestyle and production.

With hydroponics at current technology we could feed about 10 - 12 billions people but capitalism sucks at applying market changing technologies .
soulsurvivor

User ID: 25429467
United States
10/15/2012 10:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
Look at the big picture and understand that the terraforming of earth is well underway and that includes all lifeforms on earth. To state that you can avoid the food shortages by growing your own food shows your ignorance of the fact that global food production is tightly controlled by the use of bioweapons. Global carbon taxes are the new stock market.
SnakeAirlines

User ID: 780858
United States
10/15/2012 10:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
I don't suppose the UN will tell the third world to stop breeding like rats to alleviate the 'suffering', huh?
"Hold my cat while I bring in my tomato plant. That chemtrail looks like an earthquake chemtrail"

deanoZXT-07/20/2014 07:48 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1219974
United States
10/15/2012 10:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
Why the fuck should we listen to anything the UN says.

You can quote me on that too.
Sword of mercy

User ID: 10523005
United Kingdom
10/15/2012 10:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well they should stop throwing so much good food away.
"Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy! "
THE INQUISADOR  (OP)

United States
10/15/2012 10:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Elsabiades... 14905290

Not overpopulation ( just yet ) but shitty capitalistic-wasteful lifestyle and production.

With hydroponics at current technology we could feed about 10 - 12 billions people but capitalism sucks at applying market changing technologies .
 Quoting: Shogu666

Correct we could but TPTB will not allow it..
SCOTLAND FOREVER
I SIGN MY NEG KARMA
THE INQUISADOR  (OP)

United States
10/15/2012 10:39 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1219974

For the first time they maybe correct..Scary as it may be..
SCOTLAND FOREVER
I SIGN MY NEG KARMA
THE INQUISADOR  (OP)

United States
10/15/2012 10:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
I don't suppose the UN will tell the third world to stop breeding like rats to alleviate the 'suffering', huh?
 Quoting: SnakeAirlines

Not a chance in hell..But signs are signs..
SCOTLAND FOREVER
I SIGN MY NEG KARMA
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5453499
United States
Report Abusive Post
The climate is no longer reliable? laugh

This is just another step in the regulation of food. Both at the market and at your garden.

I don't see any reduction in the production of bio-fuel. It consumes 40% of US corn, and 15% of global corn production.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23182389
United States
Report Abusive Post
So how about stopping using food crops to produce biofuels? How obscene is it that people are starving while 'food' is put into vehicles?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5161670

BINGO!
SnakeAirlines

User ID: 780858
United States
10/15/2012 10:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
The climate is no longer reliable? laugh

This is just another step in the regulation of food. Both at the market and at your garden.

I don't see any reduction in the production of bio-fuel. It consumes 40% of US corn, and 15% of global corn production.
 Quoting: Shazball

Please stop pointing out the blatantly obvious...

The UN frowns on that shit...
"Hold my cat while I bring in my tomato plant. That chemtrail looks like an earthquake chemtrail"

deanoZXT-07/20/2014 07:48 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1219974
United States
10/15/2012 10:50 AM
Report Abusive Post

For the first time they maybe correct..Scary as it may be..

Only because they are causing it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25606385
Ireland
10/15/2012 10:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
So many warnings lately from the powers that be. Even my daily paper warned of a new virus that could destroy mankind in the next five years. What are they all trying to tell us?

Thread: The Armageddon virus: Why experts fear a disease which leaps from animals to humans could devastate mankind in the next five years.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 681311
United States
10/15/2012 11:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
Technology Review published by MIT

The cause of riots and the price of food.
[link to www.technologyreview.com]
leveller
User ID: 19803276
China
10/15/2012 11:27 AM
Report Abusive Post

”Why the fuck should we listen to anything the UN says?“
- Anonymous Coward
Eagle # 1
User ID: 25326508
United States
10/15/2012 11:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
PROBLEM IS ..... MOST of the retards inhabiting todays Earth think 'Just in Time Delivery' will AL:WAYS be here; NO preparation for changes in 'schedule', OR , consideration of the ACTUAL FACTS presented !

Others convinced that big government WILL fix any problem/SAVE them !

Eagle
bargoose

User ID: 25618241
United Kingdom
10/15/2012 11:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Learn your edible plants and funghi, folks.

And get a bow for hunting.
On the path of least resistance
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25500064
Belgium
10/15/2012 11:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
How come when I post the very same article (yesterday), it gets deleted and when that Jew-lover posts it, it gets pinned???
THE INQUISADOR  (OP)

United States
10/15/2012 11:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
How come when I post the very same article (yesterday), it gets deleted and when that Jew-lover posts it, it gets pinned???
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25500064

Excuse ME MR Hitler..hitler./This article is from today..
SCOTLAND FOREVER
I SIGN MY NEG KARMA

GLP